PDA

View Full Version : The End of Illness

StoopTroup
2/2/2012, 11:48 PM
Very new interesting take on preventative medicine. Dr. David E. Agus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSMaryhYv1k

Think I might read the book. I know that Dr. Oz did a deal where he challenged patients to walk over 10,000 steps a day and wear a pedometer. I followed the 10,000-12,000 steps a day deal and I did lose weight and felt pretty good. It does seem that we have to find a simple solution that will make a dramatic change in the amount of cancer and not being so sedentary has got to be one of the 1st things we have to do.

I have known a couple of guys who had Law Practices and they didn't have a Desk. They had this table they placed against the wall and could work from a standing position. They rested at night before getting ready for bed and did take a load off and sit throughout the day but only for short rest periods.

Now...I'm not saying that folks who have a very difficult busy job need to make changes...They might not. But if you have a job that you sit at a desk....maybe you should read up on these guys and see if such a change would benefit you over say 6-8 months?

oudavid1
2/3/2012, 09:20 AM
Very new interesting take on preventative medicine. Dr. David E. Agus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSMaryhYv1k

Think I might read the book. I know that Dr. Oz did a deal where he challenged patients to walk over 10,000 steps a day and wear a pedometer. I followed the 10,000-12,000 steps a day deal and I did lose weight and felt pretty good. It does seem that we have to find a simple solution that will make a dramatic change in the amount of cancer and not being so sedentary has got to be one of the 1st things we have to do.

I have known a couple of guys who had Law Practices and they didn't have a Desk. They had this table they placed against the wall and could work from a standing position. They rested at night before getting ready for bed and did take a load off and sit throughout the day but only for short rest periods.

Now...I'm not saying that folks who have a very difficult busy job need to make changes...They might not. But if you have a job that you sit at a desk....maybe you should read up on these guys and see if such a change would benefit you over say 6-8 months?

Very good post. The no desk thing is really smart.