PDA

View Full Version : New Class has a lot of Florida & California kids...

Soonermagik
2/1/2012, 05:15 PM
I've never seen OU grab so many kids from as far away as California and Florida. Sure, we got Stills, Clay & Jefferson from CA. However, that was when USC was banned from bowl games. I'm just shocked they are getting more and more kids from these coastal states.

What will the whorns fans excuses be now? I mean, the only reason we beat them is because 99% of our roster is from Texas.... not so anymore. ;)

LVSOONER15
2/1/2012, 05:30 PM
I think alot of these kids want to get away and many ahve seen what we can do year in and year out.

TUSooner
2/1/2012, 06:03 PM
I think alot of these kids want to get away and many ahve seen what we can do year in and year out. Perhaps they realize that Lane Kiffin's face is a like firehose gushing verbal diarrhea.

LASooner
2/1/2012, 07:03 PM
Latu goes to a college a few miles from my house

Jacie
2/1/2012, 07:50 PM
If recruits chose Oklahoma over USC, maybe part of the reason could be that they read this:

Lane Kiffin's first recruiting class at USC included five players rated by Rivals as five-star prospects, four of whom — Prater, wide receiver Markeith Ambles, tailback Dillon Baxter and offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson — are no longer on the team less than two years later.

badger
2/1/2012, 07:58 PM
hedging our bets for either an sec or pac 12 move... and OSU isn't invited! :stunned:

hawaii 5-0
2/1/2012, 08:08 PM
Lots of former OU players have been coached up and now they're NFL'ers.

That's always a motivator come recruiting time.

5-0

Soonermagik
2/1/2012, 08:56 PM
If recruits chose Oklahoma over USC, maybe part of the reason could be that they read this:

Lane Kiffin's first recruiting class at USC included five players rated by Rivals as five-star prospects, four of whom — Prater, wide receiver Markeith Ambles, tailback Dillon Baxter and offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson — are no longer on the team less than two
years later.

Wow, to lose 4 guys that highly rated could scare kids away.

badger
2/1/2012, 09:15 PM
Wow, to lose 4 guys that highly rated could scare kids away.

a coaching change will do that... as would the NCAA breathing down your neck. it's tough to be trojan. used and then flushed. :eek:

LVSOONER15
2/1/2012, 10:08 PM
Used and flushed. Lol

VA Sooner
2/1/2012, 11:43 PM
All of them wasted a year of eligibility hanging out.

8timechamps
2/1/2012, 11:47 PM
7 are still from Texas, so rest assured they still have the "yeah, but you have to steal your players from our state" argument when we kick their *** again this year.

EatLeadCommie
2/2/2012, 02:01 AM
I'm sure if we don't win #8 next year, we'll be talking about how we need more Oklahoma kids.

Soonermagik
2/2/2012, 08:20 AM
7 are still from Texas, so rest assured they still have the "yeah, but you have to steal your players from our state" argument when we kick their *** again this year.

Yeah, but it's not like 95% of OU's roster anymore.

rdusooner
2/2/2012, 08:23 AM
Perhaps they realize that Lane Kiffin's face is a like firehose gushing verbal diarrhea.

Great visual!

TulsaSooners
2/2/2012, 02:01 PM

Lane Kiffin's first recruiting class at USC included five players rated by Rivals as five-star prospects, four of whom — Prater, wide receiver Markeith Ambles, tailback Dillon Baxter and offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson — are no longer on the team less than two years later.

Interesting find. I think that these new kids know that they'll be able to play here quicker, and their parents know that our coaches will look after their kids' interests more while enrolled.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/2/2012, 02:23 PM
No doubt the NCAA sanctions are having some effect, but the condoms still have the highest average rating per signee. UCLA needs to step up and pillage some of that socal talent.

oudavid1
2/2/2012, 02:38 PM
even if they suck, it is still good for us in long run.

LVSOONER15
2/2/2012, 03:09 PM
Interesting find. I think that these new kids know that they'll be able to play here quicker, and their parents know that our coaches will look after their kids' interests more while enrolled.

I really believe that also.

freshchris05
2/2/2012, 06:17 PM
a coaching change will do that... as would the NCAA breathing down your neck. it's tough to be trojan. used and then flushed. :eek:

+1

Hahaha. Gold.

Wrapper.

And one!