PDA

View Full Version : Laith Harlow

8timechamps
2/1/2012, 01:31 PM
Not much news out there, but apparently he recently had back surgery, and is unable to play football (forever). I've seen a report that he'll be accepted to OU as a medical hardship/scholly, and I really hope that's the case (We all know Bob and staff will do everything they can to help the kid). If anyone has any updates, post 'em here.

Thanks.

Widescreen
2/1/2012, 02:31 PM
Feel so bad for the kid. Good enough talent to play D-1 ball and get his college paid for and then this happens. I hope OU lets him come anyway.

Boomer.....
2/1/2012, 02:54 PM
OU is supposed to uphold his scholly. There is an NCAA rule that prevents it from counting against the 85.

colleyvillesooner
2/1/2012, 04:05 PM
Class move.

blacktop
2/1/2012, 04:52 PM
Please explain the medical scholly. Will he ever play? Did we commit a football scholly and now because he is hurt he can sign, not play, get better, & then play? Just askin' what it all means.

Boomer.....
2/1/2012, 05:00 PM
They are talking like he will never play football again. We are still going to honor his scholarship and he is expected to be at OU in the fall. It will not count against the 85 scholarships per season that the NCAA allows.

8timechamps
2/1/2012, 10:50 PM
Please explain the medical scholly. Will he ever play? Did we commit a football scholly and now because he is hurt he can sign, not play, get better, & then play? Just askin' what it all means.

Sounds like he's done with football. As Boomer said, the medical hardship scholarship doesn't count against the 85 scholly NCAA limit. So, he'll still be able to come to OU and get an education (and I'm assuming will work with the football team as a student assistant).

OU_Sooners75
2/1/2012, 11:13 PM
Sounds like he's done with football. As Boomer said, the medical hardship scholarship doesn't count against the 85 scholly NCAA limit. So, he'll still be able to come to OU and get an education (and I'm assuming will work with the football team as a student assistant).

Exactly. He can be involved in some capacity with the football team. be it equipment, coaching, water, towel, or whatever.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/2/2012, 07:06 AM
Is Laith the son of the former OU cheerleader?

Widescreen
2/2/2012, 08:40 AM
No, I think that's Darlington.

freshchris05
2/2/2012, 05:58 PM
It's funny, we have so many SEC Trolls here but none of them have a damn thing to say about a kid still receiving a scholarship when everyone knows his football days are over... It's called class.