PDA

View Full Version : Car Touch-up Paint Pens

CobraKai
2/1/2012, 10:47 AM
Has anyone ever used one of these things? IF so, do they look OK? I have a 1 year old car that has gotten a few small rock chips and door dings. It is a dark paint color so the white chips really stand out. I have heard about touch up paint pens, but haven't known anyone that has any experience with them. I was curious if anyone has ever used one, and if the end result was worthwhile.

pphilfran
2/1/2012, 11:02 AM
They ain't perfect but they are better than the small bottle and brush...I use one for rock chips on my 911....

Curly Bill
2/1/2012, 11:19 AM
I've used the bottle & brush dealio before and it's better than nothing. Don't know about the pens, but yeah I'd think they'd be better than the brush dealio and certainly better than nothing.

CobraKai
2/1/2012, 12:45 PM
They ain't perfect but they are better than the small bottle and brush...I use one for rock chips on my 911....

Thanks. I figured any of them would be better than bright white on a Charcoal Gray car. Can you recommend a brand that you've used?

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 12:47 PM
Think they all about the same
Just buff it out good after ya apply it and let it dry

Curly Bill
2/1/2012, 01:13 PM
I'd just buy a new car!

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 01:30 PM
I'd just buy a new car!

What Im a thinkin

CobraKai
2/1/2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot.

pphilfran
2/1/2012, 02:54 PM
Thanks. I figured any of them would be better than bright white on a Charcoal Gray car. Can you recommend a brand that you've used?

http://www.paintscratch.com/

CobraKai
2/1/2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks!

StoopTroup
2/1/2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks!If you don't like that PaintScratch place...I think the Dealers all sell touch up paint for your car. Also...you might just check with a local Auto Body guy....he might give you a little if he's gonna throw some out. They also might sell small amounts they save from jobs.

CobraKai
2/2/2012, 12:12 AM
If you don't like that PaintScratch place...I think the Dealers all sell touch up paint for your car. Also...you might just check with a local Auto Body guy....he might give you a little if he's gonna throw some out. They also might sell small amounts they save from jobs.

Thanks. Actually this is exactly what my dad did. He got some half empty touch up paint from his mechanic that was a perfect match for his car.

StoopTroup
2/2/2012, 12:51 AM
Thanks. Actually this is exactly what my dad did. He got some half empty touch up paint from his mechanic that was a perfect match for his car.

Accurate Auto Body did a repair on the 2000 Expedition I had. It was brand new and these a-holes tried to jack the spare. When they did they yanked out all the electric and air suspension system that came with the Tow Package on the Eddie Bauer Edition that year. They fixed some paint they scratched too and when I went to pick it up I asked them it they could touch up a couple of stone hits I had. They just gave me a bottle of paint and the hardner it needed to make it cure. Very nice folks.