PDA

View Full Version : Signing Day 2012

8timechamps
1/31/2012, 10:39 PM
This thread will be updated throughout the day tomorrow (Feb. 1, National Signing Day), so check back for updates:

Commits
QB Trevor Knight - Signed
RB Alex Ross - Signed
RB David Smith - Signed
RB Daniel Brooks - Signed
WR Sterling Shepard - Signed
WR Durron Neal - Signed
WR Derrick Woods - Signed
TE Laith Harlow - Possible Medical Hardship
TE Sam Grant - Signed
OL Ty Darlington - Signed
OL John Michael McGee - Signed
OL Kyle Marrs - Signed
OL Will Latu - Signed
CB Zack Sanchez - Signed
DE Charles Tapper - Signed
S Eric Striker - Signed
DE Michael Onuoha - Signed

Targets
WR DGB - Mizzou
WR Nelson Agholor - USC
CB Colin Blake - FSU
CB Gary Simon - Signed
WR Courtney Gardner - Signed
RB Damien Williams - Signed

Breakdown by state:

Oklahoma: 3
Texas: 7
Florida: 4
California: 3
Ohio: 2
Missouri: 1
Illinois: 1
Maryland: 1
Nevada: 1
Pennsylvania: 1
Kansas: 1

OU_Sooners75
1/31/2012, 11:07 PM
Colin Blake will not be signing with OU.
Neither will DGB.

Agholor would be a total surprise, but I doubt he signs.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Would be very surprised if even one Williams, Gardner, or Simon does not sign with OU.

Oh and another target, Davonte Neal, rumors on 247 has him visiting on the 10th.

8timechamps
1/31/2012, 11:22 PM
Colin Blake will not be signing with OU.
Neither will DGB.

Agholor would be a total surprise, but I doubt he signs.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Would be very surprised if even one Williams, Gardner, or Simon does not sign with OU.

Oh and another target, Davonte Neal, rumors on 247 has him visiting on the 10th.

Neal said today that he doesn't expect to make a decision until the week after NSD. The others are just listed for interest (and the possibility one or two could flip).

Collier11
1/31/2012, 11:39 PM
We want Simon and Gardner...thats all I care about thats left

Collier11
1/31/2012, 11:42 PM
any head hunters in this class? I want another Everage...anyone

StoopTroup
2/1/2012, 12:13 AM
OU has won its fair share of the head-to-head battles in the last week, but the Sooners could clean up if they can land some of their top targets on signing day.
Oklahoma is in the hunt for two cornerbacks in Colin Blake (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/135092/colin-blake) (San Antonio/Brandeis) and Gary Simon (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/123415/gary-simon) (St. Petersburg, Fla./Gibbs).
Blake recently de-committed from Texas A&M and is considering OU, TCU and Florida State. San Antonio Brandeis coach John Campbell said Monday that Blake knows where he is going right now but won't tell anyone until 9 a.m. CT on Wednesday.
As for Simon, OU seems to be in the driver's seat. The Sooners charged late, while Iowa State has been around the longest. Arkansas is also in the race, but the Cyclones and Sooners feel like they're in the best spot.

StoopTroup
2/1/2012, 12:21 AM
any head hunters in this class? I want another Everage...anyone

I'd love to think that we could have a few headhunters but we took out that kid at FSU last year and basically got labeled a bunch of killers. I don't mind being considered having some hard hitting players but the way the refs are calling the game with this helmet stuff and intentional injuring of WRs or backs....I'm not sure we want to see another TRRW or Everage if it bring us heat, bad reputation and penalties from the refs.

Sad they aren't real clear IMO about the calls but they are trying to keep serious injuries from happening too.

StoopTroup
2/1/2012, 12:35 AM
Also....

The commits have become a close-knit group because of social media, and it makes it that much more unlikely to see someone decide to sign somewhere else.

Neath a Western Sky
2/1/2012, 09:28 AM
Durron Neal, Sam Grant, Daniel Brooks, Zach Sanchez official as of 8:25...

PLaw
2/1/2012, 11:10 AM
Nice job at soonersports.com covering the players bio's. Good to see where else they considered and little bit about their hometown.

Looks like a solid class of kids coming to Norman.

BOOMER

70sooner
2/1/2012, 12:33 PM
who is the kid (WR) that decomiitted from Arky) and signed with us?

Boomer.....
2/1/2012, 12:42 PM
who is the kid (WR) that decomiitted from Arky) and signed with us?

Courtney Gardner

achiro
2/1/2012, 12:51 PM
I'd love to think that we could have a few headhunters but we took out that kid at FSU last year and basically got labeled a bunch of killers. I don't mind being considered having some hard hitting players but the way the refs are calling the game with this helmet stuff and intentional injuring of WRs or backs....I'm not sure we want to see another TRRW or Everage if it bring us heat, bad reputation and penalties from the refs.

Sad they aren't real clear IMO about the calls but they are trying to keep serious injuries from happening too.
This may be the stupidest thing you've ever posted on SoonerFans, and that's saying a lot!

70sooner
2/1/2012, 01:06 PM
Courtney Gardner

Thanks, Couldn't remember his name.

Poor Arky fans, they thought DGB was a shoo in, the coaches slow played Gardner, even tho he was an early commit, and they lose him to us.

That is just stinking great, LOL!~

Always_Sooner
2/1/2012, 01:08 PM
I saw a newsflash on OU Rivals that Harlow might have switched. Anyone else heard anything?

70sooner
2/1/2012, 01:08 PM
hasn't Williams signed? I thought I'd heard he did....

Always_Sooner
2/1/2012, 01:26 PM
It was confirmed regarding Harlow's status he has a back injury and may not be able to play football again.

Boomer.....
2/1/2012, 01:26 PM
Yes, he did.

SoonerMom2
2/1/2012, 01:29 PM
OU has given Harlow a medical scholarship if he wants to come to OU according to reports on Twitter and Soonerscoop.

setem
2/1/2012, 02:18 PM
Did we pick up a punter?

StoopTroup
2/1/2012, 10:51 PM
We won't need one now that Mike is here. We never punted in 2000. :D ;)

StoopTroup
2/1/2012, 11:52 PM
This may be the stupidest thing you've ever posted on SoonerFans, and that's saying a lot!

Whys that? I mean...if you are gonna call it out...expand on why you think that. I've got no problem with anything about it at all. The rules of the Game have changed and the way they make calls now....they would have thrown Everage out of the Game. IMO they have pussified the game a bit.

I can only guess that maybe why we don't see Everage type play is that the Coaches aren't teaching them to hit like that anymore.

Also....do you think we got any Everage type recruits?

StoopTroup
2/1/2012, 11:59 PM
So....as far as signing day goes....I don't see to many people popping the champagne corks and partying it up about what went down today. I notice ESPN's top 150 has us out of the Top Ten as far as recruiting. We seem to have a pretty weak class if we allow them to judge us.

What say you?

OU_Sooners75
2/2/2012, 12:06 AM
I really like this class it is a very good class. We filled our needs wonderfully.

We got:
The #1 WR class in the nation.
The #4 TE class in the nation.
The #7 OL class in the nation.
The #9 DE class in the nation.
The #13 RB class in he nation.

(all rankings according to rivals, **** wESPiN)

Those were the biggest concerns next season...and we filled them.

Not to mention we got a helluva a QB in Trevor Knight, a damn good lb in Striker.

Also, I think Damien Williams was the most underrated player in this years class. Yes, he was a good JUCO, but he is definitely 5 star worthy.

StoopTroup
2/2/2012, 12:22 AM
OK...so ESPN doesn't know **** about recruiting but Rivals is immpecable. Got it.

Also....so we targeted these guys...

WR DGB - Mizzou
WR Nelson Agholor - USC

But it really doesn't matter because they aren't ****.

I'm concerned at the WRs we got as I hope that we got guys that might even be better than Stills or Reynolds by at least next year and hopefully one of them will be able to haul in 1000 yards in 2012. Maybe at least two of them will pan out because that's were I think we really need help.

achiro
2/2/2012, 10:46 AM
Whys that? I mean...if you are gonna call it out...expand on why you think that. I've got no problem with anything about it at all. The rules of the Game have changed and the way they make calls now....they would have thrown Everage out of the Game. IMO they have pussified the game a bit.

I can only guess that maybe why we don't see Everage type play is that the Coaches aren't teaching them to hit like that anymore.

Also....do you think we got any Everage type recruits?
Because anyone that wouldn't want a field full of Everage and TRRW type players doesn't understand the game of football at all.

OU_Sooners75
2/2/2012, 12:45 PM
OK...so ESPN doesn't know **** about recruiting but Rivals is immpecable. Got it.

Also....so we targeted these guys...

WR DGB - Mizzou
WR Nelson Agholor - USC

But it really doesn't matter because they aren't ****.

I'm concerned at the WRs we got as I hope that we got guys that might even be better than Stills or Reynolds by at least next year and hopefully one of them will be able to haul in 1000 yards in 2012. Maybe at least two of them will pan out because that's were I think we really need help.

ESPN is just not trying to catch up with recruiting....something Scout and Rivals have been doing for years!!!!

I know you are all gong ho about ESPN...but seriously greg, their info on recruiting is adequate...but not great or the best.

Hell, 247 is just as good as ESPN and they just got going like a year or 2 ago.

OU_Sooners75
2/2/2012, 12:47 PM
ST, as far as the WRs we got...it only ranks the best WR class under stoops.

Does that mean they are the best to play? Well, they havent played.

I know reality is something that escapes you from time to time, but this recruiting class is a very good one and one of the best under stoops in the last 4 or 5 years.

Curly Bill
2/2/2012, 01:24 PM
ESPN's recruiting rankings by and large suck! I like reading all the recruiting stuff, but I don't even bother with ESPN's stuff.

OULenexaman
2/2/2012, 01:42 PM
Funny how Mizzery fell completely out of ESPN top 25 classes.....nothing but a HM now...for some reason this DGB kid is striking me as a Kyle Prater type.

StoopTroup
2/2/2012, 02:01 PM
Because anyone that wouldn't want a field full of Everage and TRRW type players doesn't understand the game of football at all.

You would have thought the Cowboys would have drafted Everage unless of course they just needed you to help them pick the right guys for their Defense.

I hate talking about the negatives as Brandon was a really good Player at OU and his Junior Year was his moment. Great year he had. However...he wasn't a Roy Williams. Roy changed the way even the NFL plays the game. The penalty for horsecollars were because of Roy being the Master of that particular way of defense. Even though they label Roy with it...he was still an amazing player and was able to adapt when they took away his signature defensive move. Brandon wasn't able to take his game to the Roy Williams level. I understand the game just fine. I think you might be letting your Crimson Glasses fog your emotions. Not very many Sooner Fans I know weren't deeply affected when one of their Great Players drowned and his Life ended way to soon. I find it hard to even talk about him but you took a shot at me and what you think I know about football.

Even Brandon's combine led to this analysis of him as he tried to move to TRRW Level. He just wasn't able to get there and he just wasn't TRRW type of player that many of you think he was. You could really see how hard he was working his Senior Year to try and keep his level of play be something that Sooners would remember just like the "Superman" that Roy is also well known for. Brandon just wasn't that good. TRRW was. I truly believe you don't recruit TRRW....his greatness is developed over time with good Coaching. Coaches like having great players but they know they don't need a field of Everages or TRRWs. They need a great Team with great players at every position.

Here is Brandon's Analysis.

Negatives...Has tight skin with little room for additional frame growth...Aggressive hitter, but takes too many chances, causing him to slip off tackles...Question his instincts, as he does not always take proper angles to the ball and spends too much time eyeing the quarterback (bites too much on play action and misdirection)...Punishing tackler, but needs to stay in control, as he will get reckless hurling his body around, causing him to try and recover when the receiver eludes him...Seems to have regressed in the last year and frustrated the coaching staff by his poor tackling and decision-making (will get sloppy in his play and over-pursue. Despite good statistics in 2002, he came into 2003 fall camp competing for a starting job vs. Brodney Pool, as the coaches were not happy with his sloppy tackling)...Well-liked by his peers, but seems to be too high-strung...Will get the pass deflection or strip away the ball, but does not time his leaps properly to get to the ball at its high point...Has had a few off-field incidents that need further evaluation.

Again...the game has changed.

StoopTroup
2/2/2012, 02:04 PM
I know reality is something that escapes you from time to time, but this recruiting class is a very good one and one of the best under stoops in the last 4 or 5 years.

You always have to make things personal don't you?

As you just said...it's hard to tell just how good this recruiting class is as they haven't played. WTF ever.

You are hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

StoopTroup
2/2/2012, 02:16 PM
Funny how Mizzery fell completely out of ESPN top 25 classes.....nothing but a HM now...for some reason this DGB kid is striking me as a Kyle Prater type.

That's where I think he was just enjoying the hype he was getting. He'd made up his mind as to where he was going. I wish the kid luck. I wish them all luck. Being able to play in Div IA and be chased by these Great Schools has to be pretty awesome. Maybe you see kids doing this just to see guys like Saban fly around to see them?

achiro
2/2/2012, 04:02 PM
You would have thought the Cowboys would have drafted Everage unless of course they just needed you to help them pick the right guys for their Defense.

I hate talking about the negatives as Brandon was a really good Player at OU and his Junior Year was his moment. Great year he had. However...he wasn't a Roy Williams. Roy changed the way even the NFL plays the game. The penalty for horsecollars were because of Roy being the Master of that particular way of defense. Even though they label Roy with it...he was still an amazing player and was able to adapt when they took away his signature defensive move. Brandon wasn't able to take his game to the Roy Williams level. I understand the game just fine. I think you might be letting your Crimson Glasses fog your emotions. Not very many Sooner Fans I know weren't deeply affected when one of their Great Players drowned and his Life ended way to soon. I find it hard to even talk about him but you took a shot at me and what you think I know about football.

Even Brandon's combine led to this analysis of him as he tried to move to TRRW Level. He just wasn't able to get there and he just wasn't TRRW type of player that many of you think he was. You could really see how hard he was working his Senior Year to try and keep his level of play be something that Sooners would remember just like the "Superman" that Roy is also well known for. Brandon just wasn't that good. TRRW was. I truly believe you don't recruit TRRW....his greatness is developed over time with good Coaching. Coaches like having great players but they know they don't need a field of Everages or TRRWs. They need a great Team with great players at every position.

Here is Brandon's Analysis.

Again...the game has changed.

Dude seriously, I don't need a history lesson. Thanks though. Try to change the subject all you want but the point is still that you are a ****ing idiot if you think a backfield full of heavy hitting playmakers would be a bad thing.

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2012, 04:08 PM
So....as far as signing day goes....I don't see to many people popping the champagne corks and partying it up about what went down today. I notice ESPN's top 150 has us out of the Top Ten as far as recruiting. We seem to have a pretty weak class if we allow them to judge us.

What say you?

man you are tough to read.....jeebus

however, as long as we're rated behind texas in recruiting, i'm happy.....recruiting rankings are about as meaningless as..........well something really meaningless

OU_Sooners75
2/2/2012, 04:39 PM
You always have to make things personal don't you?

As you just said...it's hard to tell just how good this recruiting class is as they haven't played. WTF ever.

You are hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Dont take anything personal greg. You just have an opinion and you think it is final.

ESPN sucks on recruiting...at least their rankings do.

Other than that, I just find you are wearing old and thin.

OU_Sooners75
2/2/2012, 04:39 PM
Dude seriously, I don't need a history lesson. Thanks though. Try to change the subject all you want but the point is still that you are a ****ing idiot if you think a backfield full of heavy hitting playmakers would be a bad thing.

I wouldnt bother.

8timechamps
2/2/2012, 04:40 PM
In the end, recruiting rankings (as jk said) are pretty meaningless. But, you need to have some way to measure the better players in the country, so I suppose it's as good as anything disseminated to the mass public.

As for ESPN, this is the first year I thought they did a good job of covering recruits (specifically Sooner recruits). For those of you that don't know how all of this works, Rivals, ESPN, 247 Sports, Scouts, etc. don't employ hundereds of recruiting scouts to scour the country for talent, then evaluations. Most of the information they provide is obtained from the schools themselves. They are basically a data-collecting agency. They do have people on staff that analyze and make predictions, and people that contact (read: harass) the top end recruits (otherwise there would be no reason to charge people). Ultimately, they're all the same.

In the end, the schools know much more about the recruits than the services do (although, they would have you believe otherwise). Nobody can say definitively who the #1 player in the country is, so it's easy for one service to have DGB #1, while another has Mario Edwards #1 and yet a third has Eddie Goldman #1. However, their "top (insert number)" lists contain the same players.

I still love all of it. I know it's overblown and pointless...but so is being a regular poster on message boards. :)

StoopTroup
2/2/2012, 05:13 PM
man you are tough to read.....jeebus

however, as long as we're rated behind texas in recruiting, i'm happy.....recruiting rankings are about as meaningless as..........well something really meaningless

That tough to read deal comes from not really caring about recruiting much over the years as I've seen more busts than greatness over the years. I have always believed that the jump from HS to Div IA is just to much to handle for most freshmen. There is the occasional "Wow! Where did he come from?" but for the most part the great players are bred and developed once they are here.

I decided to talk some about this class as it seems we really had some kids let down the program just like Capel did his last year as Coach at OU. Bob has made some major Coaching changes in the last two years and I'm interested in seeing how things change next season and if any of these guys contribute as Freshmen. Then it seems like we have had a bunch of guys have big Freshman Seasons but then not be able to keep improving as the Seasons pass and they fail to reach their boyhood dream of playing in the NFL.

You wish to compete with Fexas for the famed Recruiting Trophy and I wish to see us beat them 4 more years in Dallas and set the new record as more than 5 seasons in a row. I'm loving it that we can win the Big XII almost any year and that we can make it to the National Championship Game every 2-3 years. I think Bob is capable of putting together another perfect season but he's going to need these new recruits to learn to play like Champions.

In clOsing I'm hoping these guys are better than what ESPN says they are and as great as Rivals says they are. Since those seem to be such different in opinion I think watching the Red White and Summer should really help us all to decide just whether or not we should Ice down the champagne.

usmc-sooner
2/2/2012, 05:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJw6PAi5Q8

sometimes I feel like I've been listening to Pikey talk after reading some of these posts

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2012, 06:57 PM
That tough to read deal comes from not really caring about recruiting much over the years....

hmm, i would have bet it came from elsewhere

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2012, 06:59 PM
st - do you ever go back...like a day later and re-read your posts? do they make sense to you?

8timechamps
2/2/2012, 09:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJw6PAi5Q8

sometimes I feel like I've been listening to Pikey talk after reading some of these posts

You gotta love Pikey!!

Single handedly Brad Pitts best role EVER!

StoopTroup
2/2/2012, 09:52 PM
st - do you ever go back...like a day later and re-read your posts? do they make sense to you?

I do. I read a lot of folks posts. I have the time to do it right now. It's possible this is where some of you get the disconnect. It's just a higher intellect thing and you miss all the links and 3rd person chatting that goes on because of it possibly.

I also notice that the folks who don't get me usually aren't getting it and don't ask me anything about it and go right to insults and defamatory statements instead of conversation, discussion or debate. What I see is you're stupid, your are not dealing with realty or flat out foul language. I know it's usually coming from folks who get frustrated easily and tend to **** and moan about anything that doesn't allow them to get their c....it's just gonna be how it is. I am trying to lead by example
instead of make this board a straight up hillbilly **** Off Dickwheel kind of place.

Instead of be the problem I am trying to just turn arguments into discussions.

Some of it might be from when I post long posts via the IPhone and avoid punctuation. It's sometimes difficult for me to go back and edit on this darn thing and I think I'll go back when I get Home and make corrections via the laptop. You know like putting quotes around you're stupid so it doesn't some like I'm calling you stupid. not always will I remember the crux of what I was originally trying to say though so maybe things to get lost in translation sometimes.

One thing I've never been accused of is being shallow.

StoopTroup
2/2/2012, 09:59 PM
Just was scorekeeper for my Sons Basketbal game at 6pm and we went out for dinner afterwards so Mama didn't have to cook. They had a nice Pinot grigio and that might have something to do with it too, lol

I notice my iPhones functions are acting up and I bet I need an update for it, maybe two. It's been awhile since I've done a download from ITunes.

Took my Conceal Carry Class last night and qualified with 20 shots so I know I'm at least accurate with my Kimber. That paper dummy never had a chance and should have never drawn on me... :D

http://hellinahandbasket.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/point-shooting-close-up-2-300x225.jpg

StoopTroup
2/2/2012, 10:28 PM
I just downloaded ITunes on this computer so maybe tomorrow I'll have my phone back free of problems.

OU_Sooners75
2/2/2012, 10:33 PM
Just was scorekeeper for my Sons Basketbal game at 6pm and we went out for dinner afterwards so Mama didn't have to cook. They had a nice Pinot grigio and that might have something to do with it too, lol

I notice my iPhones functions are acting up and I bet I need an update for it, maybe two. It's been awhile since I've done a download from ITunes.

Took my Conceal Carry Class last night and qualified with 20 shots so I know I'm at least accurate with my Kimber. That paper dummy never had a chance and should have never drawn on me... :D

Congrats.

Sounds like you and the family had a good time!

StoopTroup
2/2/2012, 10:52 PM
Congrats.

Sounds like you and the family had a good time!

We did. The Wife goes for her carry next week. I hope she has as good an experience as I did. Our Neighbors had two guys almost kick in the front door right after the Father took the kids to school yesterday morning. The Mother is a Nurse and didn't get Home until 1:30 am. She woke up when they went around back and tried to get in the backside of the house. She startled them and they took off but this was the third time they have been hit now and some others around here have been hit multiple times. I can't imagine how he must feel about his Wife having two guys break in his house. I know the kids are pretty upset. Hopefully they will catch these idiots.

OULenexaman
2/3/2012, 08:15 AM
We did. The Wife goes for her carry next week. I hope she has as good an experience as I did. Our Neighbors had two guys almost kick in the front door right after the Father took the kids to school yesterday morning. The Mother is a Nurse and didn't get Home until 1:30 am. She woke up when they went around back and tried to get in the backside of the house. She startled them and they took off but this was the third time they have been hit now and some others around here have been hit multiple times. I can't imagine how he must feel about his Wife having two guys break in his house. I know the kids are pretty upset. Hopefully they will catch these idiots. Sounds like it's time to move to another neighbor hood. Where I live that **** NEVER happens....EVER.

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2012, 08:26 AM
not always will I remember the crux of what I was originally trying to say though so maybe things to get lost in translation sometimes.

i think this is abundantly clear ;)

StoopTroup
2/3/2012, 12:34 PM
Sounds like it's time to move to another neighbor hood. Where I live that **** NEVER happens....EVER.

I live within a 1/4 mile of OU/Tulsa I'm not going anywhere. **** happens sometimes when you live in a City.

I call BS on nothing ever happens where you live unless you live in a Cave in Arkansas or a Missle Silo in KS.

StoopTroup
2/3/2012, 12:41 PM
BTW...I want to make this abundantly clear....the last guy that tried to break in across the street....the Home Owner had him sitting at the curb with his arms behind his back and tie wraps around his wrists. The guy that went to jail was a 3 time loser and had just been released from prison. We won't see him again.

The Older Lady across the street....she was in her back yard gardening and they went into her front door and took her purse. Neighborhood Watch kicked in and they were apprehended by TPD in less than 20 minutes. She got everything back.

We aren't leaving. We are just flushing a few turds down the sewer here.

Mississippi Sooner
2/3/2012, 12:56 PM
I thought we were going to have some gun related violence at my house last night. Around ten o'clock my dog started barking, and I can tell when he barks like that it's because he's actually barking at something other than a shadow or the wind. So, I took a peek out into the back yard and there it was. A very large armadillo was trundling around, rooting in the grass for whatever and paying no mind at all to the dog. I thought about getting my gun and firing off a couple of shots to scare him away and get the dog to stop barking.

Then I remembered I don't have a gun. So, I sat back down and popped the top on another beer.

StoopTroup
2/3/2012, 12:59 PM
I thought we were going to have some gun related violence at my house last night. Around ten o'clock my dog started barking, and I can tell when he barks like that it's because he's actually barking at something other than a shadow or the wind. So, I took a peek out into the back yard and there it was. A very large armadillo was trundling around, rooting in the grass for whatever and paying no mind at all to the dog. I thought about getting my gun and firing off a couple of shots to scare him away and get the dog to stop barking.

Then I remembered I don't have a gun. So, I sat back down and popped the top on another beer.

We had the same thing happen here and at the Lake House we used to live in. Little bastards are everywhere anymore. Also have had the occasional possum. Couple months ago I saw a fox crossing the street right in the middle of Tulsa. I think the sewer mains are near here and they get lost down in there and come up looking for food.

Curly Bill
2/3/2012, 01:00 PM

You don't have a gun? You can't talk to me ever again!

Mississippi Sooner
2/3/2012, 01:04 PM
We had the same thing happen here and at the Lake House we used to live in. Little bastards are everywhere anymore. Also have had the occasional possum. Couple months ago I saw a fox crossing the street right in the middle of Tulsa. I think the sewer mains are near here and they get lost down in there and come up looking for food.

Heh. I had a funny possum episode not long ago. Out in my carport I have a table where I put out food for whatever cats happen to be calling my place home at the moment. Well, I heard a ruckus out there, yes, it was the dog giving it hell again, and I thought maybe a strange dog had come along to make trouble. I looked out there, and there was this huge possum up on the table eating the cat food. He was kinda cool looking, for a possum, because he was almost solid black.

The funny part was that even though the dog was upset about this intruder, the cats couldn't have cared less. In fact, there were a couple of them up on the table eating the food right along side the possum. I figured this might mean that the possum was now going to be among the diners in my carport cafe, but I haven't seen him again since.

Mississippi Sooner
2/3/2012, 01:06 PM
You don't have a gun? You can't talk to me ever again!

LOL. I actually had several in the house not long ago, but my brother keeps taking them away to his house for some reason. Since I'm going to be moving up to Illinois soon, I stopped trying to get them back.

StoopTroup
2/3/2012, 01:07 PM
Probably just passing through and checking out your pussies. :D

Curly Bill
2/3/2012, 01:07 PM
Heh. I had a funny possum episode not long ago. Out in my carport I have a table where I put out food for whatever cats happen to be calling my place home at the moment. Well, I heard a ruckus out there, yes, it was the dog giving it hell again, and I thought maybe a strange dog had come along to make trouble. I looked out there, and there was this huge possum up on the table eating the cat food. He was kinda cool looking, for a possum, because he was almost solid black.

The funny part was that even though the dog was upset about this intruder, the cats couldn't have cared less. In fact, there were a couple of them up on the table eating the food right along side the possum. I figured this might mean that the possum was now going to be among the diners in my carport cafe, but I haven't seen him again since.

If you had a gun you could have shot the cats and the possum!

StoopTroup
2/3/2012, 01:09 PM
LOL. I actually had several in the house not long ago, but my brother keeps taking them away to his house for some reason. Since I'm going to be moving up to Illinois soon, I stopped trying to get them back.

I can see that but you can get a gun safe ya know....lol

StoopTroup
2/3/2012, 01:09 PM
If you had a gun you could have shot the cats and the possum!

Cafe Closed ! LMAO

Mississippi Sooner
2/3/2012, 01:11 PM
I really don't mind having a few cats hanging around. There is nothing but deep woods all around my house, and the cats keep the little rodent-type critters from feeling too welcome.

StoopTroup
2/3/2012, 01:15 PM
I really don't mind having a few cats hanging around. There is nothing but deep woods all around my house, and the cats keep the little rodent-type critters from feeling too welcome.

I don't mind them either as long as they don't try to come in the house.

Curly Bill
2/3/2012, 01:15 PM

My problem with roaming cats is when they get into my stuff or get on my automobiles, usually after they've just been washed and waxed. Makes me not a fan of the roaming cat.

Mississippi Sooner
2/3/2012, 01:16 PM
I don't mind them either as long as they don't try to come in the house.

Oh, that ain't happening. My wife was even better at keeping them out than I am. She could just make a sort of hissing sound, and they'd all scatter like their tails were on fire.

OU_Sooners75
2/3/2012, 06:03 PM
We did. The Wife goes for her carry next week. I hope she has as good an experience as I did. Our Neighbors had two guys almost kick in the front door right after the Father took the kids to school yesterday morning. The Mother is a Nurse and didn't get Home until 1:30 am. She woke up when they went around back and tried to get in the backside of the house. She startled them and they took off but this was the third time they have been hit now and some others around here have been hit multiple times. I can't imagine how he must feel about his Wife having two guys break in his house. I know the kids are pretty upset. Hopefully they will catch these idiots.

Wow...that would be kind of frightening when trying to sleep.

I too hope they catch those idiots.

Wish your wife luck for me. She is a great person.

You are a rich man Greg...no matter how much you and I may disagree on the boards, you are a lucky lucky man to have a great family like you do!

OU_Sooners75
2/3/2012, 06:04 PM

If you have a bunch of little rodents...go find you a few rat or corn snakes and put around your property.

They are better at killing rodents than cats are.

StoopTroup
2/3/2012, 08:39 PM
Wow...that would be kind of frightening when trying to sleep.

I too hope they catch those idiots.

Wish your wife luck for me. She is a great person.

You are a rich man Greg...no matter how much you and I may disagree on the boards, you are a lucky lucky man to have a great family like you do!

Thanks. The family across the street is too. Their Son and mine play B-ball everyday and they trust me enough to take their Son with me to B-Ball Games. I'd help them in any way. We went to their Wedding and it was really cool to see them put together a Family that has a Daughter who is disabled and Mom and Dad both work but still had another child even when they had their hands full with the 2nd child. The Disabled girl asked me if she could go for a Ride on my Harley one time and I told her she had to ask her Mom and Dad. They let her go with me. I was taking it easy and just giving her a nice ride and she says to me..."Ride like you do with your kids....I'm not scared" So I did. She's not scared of anything. Cool little girl.

picasso
2/4/2012, 11:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=037JUv1bI_k&feature=plcp&context=C3db6e92UDOEgsToPDskIKm1dBQpl81_f7IOPOGrXG

OU_Sooners75
2/4/2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks. The family across the street is too. Their Son and mine play B-ball everyday and they trust me enough to take their Son with me to B-Ball Games. I'd help them in any way. We went to their Wedding and it was really cool to see them put together a Family that has a Daughter who is disabled and Mom and Dad both work but still had another child even when they had their hands full with the 2nd child. The Disabled girl asked me if she could go for a Ride on my Harley one time and I told her she had to ask her Mom and Dad. They let her go with me. I was taking it easy and just giving her a nice ride and she says to me..."Ride like you do with your kids....I'm not scared" So I did. She's not scared of anything. Cool little girl.

Thats awesome bro.

Kids will always remember that stuff too.

StoopTroup
2/10/2012, 11:01 PM
The Boy and his Team just won another Basketball Game. I got to the game early and our Coach was Coaching a 3rd Grade Girls Team. I asked him how many Teams he was Coaching and he said he ended up Coaching by default. I asked him what that meant and he said the Real Coach got kicked out of the league. I asked...how the heck do you get kicked out of the League? :D

Here it goes....

The Coach's kid got fouled and the Refs didn't call a foul. He started in on how the Refs were calling the game. They asked him to calm down and he didn't. He started cursing and getting louder. They gave him a "T" and he says..."F**K IT! We're Outta Here!" He leaves and I guess he had 4 other Parent's in agreement and the Team lost 5 of the 12 girls. Since the others wanted to continue on they asked if he would Coach until they could figure out what to do from there.

Sad that Parent's can't control their emotions and just let the kids decide if it's to rough or if they don't want to play.

I've seen some games that the Refs really are just trying to allow these kids to learn the rules and how to play. The Parent's get vocal and start bitching about how they called the Game. Usually the Team that has the worst Parents gets the worst calls. The Refs don't like loud mouthed Parent's that don't follow the rules.

The rules are....have fun and respect the game.

Here's a snippet from the rule book. I don't think a lot of Parent's and some Coaches read the rules....they just react to them when they are leveled against them.

There’s a common bond shared between players, coaches, officials, and fans of any sport: The desire to be involved in the sport itself. There are different reasons that people enjoy sports, but those reasons don’t matter nearly as much as the fact that they all what to somehow participate in it. As a result, there’s an unspoken agreement made on all sides to respect the game, with various consequences (fines, suspensions, banishments) for those who decide not to enter into that agreement.