PDA

View Full Version : OPERA MAN IS DOING AN OPERA!

proud gonzo
1/31/2012, 10:37 PM
For all of you who have been asking when Will was going to perform somewhere, he's singing the title role in Mozart's Don Giovanni on March 1 and 3 at the University of Oklahoma in Reynolds Performing Arts Center. Tickets can be purchased at the Fine Arts Box Office, 11:30-5:30 M-F, (405)325-4101. Tickets are $17 for adults, $14 for seniors, $10 for students. There are other performances available, but Will's only singing on March 1st and 3rd. If you go the other days, you'll be pretty disappointed. Trust me.

Don Giovanni is basically Don Juan or Cassanova, so it's a pretty good story. And Will kicks ***. :)

proud gonzo
1/31/2012, 10:39 PM
Seriously, *** is censored now? How lame is that ****.

olevetonahill
1/31/2012, 10:40 PM
Wish I lived closer Id like to try it out

Tell Him Good luck

olevetonahill
1/31/2012, 10:40 PM
Seriously, *** is censored now? How lame is that ****.
Bout as lame assed as the ****in smilies

nighttrain12
2/1/2012, 01:53 AM
A$$ is NOT censored! When I saw the subject line was Opera Man, I thought it was about Adam Sandler.

proud gonzo
2/1/2012, 02:12 AM
Yeahhh, that joke has long ago run its course.

StoopTroup
2/1/2012, 02:34 AM
Very cool PG. Tell him me and the Mrs. said to break a leg. :D

Also....if we come.....do we throw roses at his feet or those little tiny airline liquor bottles after his Applause? :D

Chuck Bao
2/1/2012, 05:02 AM
Thanks PG for the heads up. I have never seen an opera and I really want to hear Will sing.

Come on, Olevet, I know you want to go too! I'm sure that there will be an opera tailgate party, or, if not, we will arrange one. If you decide to go, I'll delay my return to Thailand from Feb 28 until after the March 3 performance. I mean how many times in a lifetime do you get a chance to hear opera sung by one of our own?

Ummm, PG, is there a dress code for an opera? Or, can we wear OU cap and gear that we wear to football games?

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks PG for the heads up. I have never seen an opera and I really want to hear Will sing.

Come on, Olevet, I know you want to go too! I'm sure that there will be an opera tailgate party, or, if not, we will arrange one. If you decide to go, I'll delay my return to Thailand from Feb 28 until after the March 3 performance. I mean how many times in a lifetime do you get a chance to hear opera sung by one of our own?

Ummm, PG, is there a dress code for an opera? Or, can we wear OU cap and gear that we wear to football games?

Chuck IF i go I aint a wearin No penguin suit thats fer sure

proud gonzo
2/1/2012, 05:10 PM
Very cool PG. Tell him me and the Mrs. said to break a leg. :D

Also....if we come.....do we throw roses at his feet or those little tiny airline liquor bottles after his Applause? :D

Haha--I don't know that bottles of booze thrown on stage would really have a great outcome, but I'm sure they would not be rejected afterwards ;)

There's not particularly a dress code. Because it's on campus, a lot of students come to these, so you can get away with being fairly casual in terms of opera attire. Some students will wear jeans and t-shirts, undoubtedly, but they'll be underdressed. There also, assuredly, will be some blue-haireds from the opera guild wearing tuxedos and evening gowns, and they'll look out of place. Most people will be somewhere in the middle--slacks or khakis and a nice shirt and (jacket and/or tie optional) for the guys; cocktail dress or nice blouse and skirt/slacks for the ladies.

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 05:17 PM
PG thinkin about meetin up with George and showing up.
Email the particulars.
Plus Ima be wearin just about the same thing Id wear to a Tail Gate Plus if I show they prolly be a bottle of sumpun fer yall :drunk:

C&CDean
2/1/2012, 07:01 PM
It's funny, *** is censored, but dumbass, stupidass, fatass, lardass, etc. aren't. Heh.

Anyhow, I'm thinking a tailgate? What time does the dealio start on Saturday the 3rd?

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 07:10 PM
It's funny, *** is censored, but dumbass, stupidass, fatass, lardass, etc. aren't. Heh.

Anyhow, I'm thinking a tailgate? What time does the dealio start on Saturday the 3rd?
Sounds like a Plan

proud gonzo
2/1/2012, 07:51 PM
Both performances are at 8 p.m. (Opera man most likely won't be able to come to a pre-opera tailgate, because he'll be warming up, getting into costume, etc.)

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 08:09 PM
How long they last?

proud gonzo
2/1/2012, 08:22 PM
Will says the opera is about 2 hours long, no longer than two and a half. (Don Giovanni is usually a pretty long opera, I think, but they've made a lot of cuts.)

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 08:33 PM
Ima thinkin about making that long assed trip up there
Not sure yet tho

proud gonzo
2/1/2012, 10:24 PM
Do it!

C&CDean
2/1/2012, 10:55 PM
Do it!

Damn right. For the mother****ing culture of it all.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/1/2012, 11:09 PM
Took my beautiful bride to Don Giovanni here at the Tulsa PAC and it was great. I ain't no opera guy but had an absolute blast and laughed through most of it.

Besides, you heathens need some culture.

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 01:16 AM
Took my beautiful bride to Don Giovanni here at the Tulsa PAC and it was great. I ain't no opera guy but had an absolute blast and laughed through most of it.

Besides, you heathens need some culture.

Hell Culture aint gonna do me any good at this stage :boxing:

Chuck Bao
2/2/2012, 04:55 AM
I'm definitely in. I'm delaying my flight back to Thailand so I can see Will's performance. And, I don't really care what other people think is more refined culture. I just think that it'll be a hell of a good time.

I'll help sponsor a tailgate if there is a tailgate or buy a few rounds of drinks somewhere afterwards. Whatever, it's all good to see our friends again in the off-season and yeah take in some socalled "culture".

But PG, I'm gonna need a bit more coaching about this whole opera thing. Yeah, never been there nor done that. So yelling "Bravo" is good right? How 'bout "Boomer Sooner"? I guess that opera was originally intended as a political/social commentary for the Italian unwashed masses and our SF friends can be a bit raucous in sports/politics/arts which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Dudes and dudettes, we are gonna have to do this. How many times in a lifetime would we get a chance to support one of our own singing opera?

TUSooner
2/2/2012, 08:52 AM
That's one of the few operas I have actually seen (OK it was only on TV). It really rawks -- sex, lies, laughs, ghosts, damnation, plus the music, of course.

BTW, I tried to find out more about Opera Man, but when I googled "Will Gonzo" I didn't get anything about opera.

C&CDean
2/2/2012, 09:30 AM
That's one of the few operas I have actually seen (OK it was only on TV). It really rawks -- sex, lies, laughs, ghosts, damnation, plus the music, of course.

BTW, I tried to find out more about Opera Man, but when I googled "Will Gonzo" I didn't get anything about opera.

Our very own Opera Man from a performance in Wichitittay. He's even better now:

hiCH4EK82U0hiCH4EK82U0

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2012, 09:40 AM
nothing says hillbilly like a tailgate for an opera :O

TUSooner
2/2/2012, 09:53 AM
Our very own Opera Man from a performance in Wichitittay. He's even better now:

hiCH4EK82U0hiCH4EK82U0
Opera chops. He has them.

At OCU I played in the pit orchestra for several operas and shows. I heard everything, but didn't see much of anything. Still, playing in the pit was one of my most favorite things.

C&CDean
2/2/2012, 09:59 AM
nothing says hillbilly like a tailgate for an opera :O

So you're in?

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2012, 10:00 AM
highly doubtful

most people get together at a restaurant before such a cultured event........but you fine folks? heck no, fire up the grill and ice up the coolers........yeehaww....lol

have fun

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2012, 10:01 AM
oh and kudo's to pg and mr. pg for the whole deal - very talented!

C&CDean
2/2/2012, 10:03 AM
We will. Doubt there'll be a grill though. I'm thinking about having it catered by the O. Some heaven rolls, a couple Sooner rolls, a cowboy roll or two, some cashew chicken, Tom Kha soup, good wine, good liquor, and a ham sammich and a case of natty lite for the grizzled one.

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 10:04 AM
Heh

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 10:06 AM
Oh and Im in
Chuck and I will be gettin rooms at Sooner Legends . PG dun said Ill have to take my Hat off whilst inside :frown:

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2012, 10:09 AM
We will. Doubt there'll be a grill though. I'm thinking about having it catered by the O. Some heaven rolls, a couple Sooner rolls, a cowboy roll or two, some cashew chicken, Tom Kha soup, good wine, good liquor, and a ham sammich and a case of natty lite for the grizzled one.

dean......this is an opera......and olevet.....better get two cases

C&CDean
2/2/2012, 10:21 AM
dean......this is an opera......and olevet.....better get two cases

What, sushi doesn't go with opera?

And you're right, 2 cases is probably in order.

Mississippi Sooner
2/2/2012, 10:28 AM
One thought on the two cases of beer proposal. In the few times I've been to the theater, I've noticed that those in attendance aren't as forgiving of people taking bathroom breaks as they are at, say, a football game.

Of course, the solution to this dilemma is to sneak in an empty Gatorade bottle.

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 10:41 AM
What, sushi doesn't go with opera?

And you're right, 2 cases is probably in order.

Naw 1 will be enough, Ive cut way back on my drankin

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2012, 10:51 AM
One thought on the two cases of beer proposal. In the few times I've been to the theater, I've noticed that those in attendance aren't as forgiving of people taking bathroom breaks as they are at, say, a football game.

Of course, the solution to this dilemma is to sneak in an empty Gatorade bottle.

what? they dont have corn dogs in the lobby?

usmc-sooner
2/2/2012, 10:52 AM
I'm just glad Will got out of the carpet cleaning business. :acne:

that's old school soonerfans

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2012, 11:04 AM
a pi*s bottle at an opera.........love it

proud gonzo
2/2/2012, 11:15 AM
Oh and Im in
Chuck and I will be gettin rooms at Sooner Legends . PG dun said Ill have to take my Hat off whilst inside :frown:People behind you have to be able to see ;)

I'm definitely in. I'm delaying my flight back to Thailand so I can see Will's performance. And, I don't really care what other people think is more refined culture. I just think that it'll be a hell of a good time.

I'll help sponsor a tailgate if there is a tailgate or buy a few rounds of drinks somewhere afterwards. Whatever, it's all good to see our friends again in the off-season and yeah take in some socalled "culture".

But PG, I'm gonna need a bit more coaching about this whole opera thing. Yeah, never been there nor done that. So yelling "Bravo" is good right? How 'bout "Boomer Sooner"? I guess that opera was originally intended as a political/social commentary for the Italian unwashed masses and our SF friends can be a bit raucous in sports/politics/arts which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Dudes and dudettes, we are gonna have to do this. How many times in a lifetime would we get a chance to support one of our own singing opera?

That's AWESOME, Chuck! Thanks!
Yes, yelling "Bravo!" is appropriate during applause (if a lady was singing, it's "Brava"). The opera is in Italian, but there should be a synopsis in the program (or on Wikipedia) and it's good to read that first so you know what's going on. There will be supertitles--English translations projected on a screen above the stage--during the opera so everybody know what they're saying. All of the dialogue is sung, so the opera is non-stop music, basically, but there will be an intermission, and I think they will have beverages in the lobby. (Not positive, but I think they will...)

There's not a bad seat in the house, btw, but buy your tickets soon! I think they're going to sell out.

oh and kudo's to pg and mr. pg for the whole deal - very talented!thanks!

BTW, everybody, it looks like Will's going to have quite a fan club. I've got about about eight family members coming, plus a friend from Keller, TX, in addition to the soonerfans group. And y'all will be in good company--my aunt and uncle are driving up from Atoka to see their very first opera.

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 11:20 AM
So I can Do do a Billy and Yell BOOMER, Or no?

C&CDean
2/2/2012, 11:26 AM
No, you can't yell Boomer ya ****in' hick. Also, you have to have these or you just ain't got it goin' on.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6346/operaglasses.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/operaglasses.jpg/)

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 11:57 AM
No, you can't yell Boomer ya ****in' hick. Also, you have to have these or you just ain't got it goin' on.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6346/operaglasses.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/operaglasses.jpg/)
No way ima have thar ghey ****

Were talkin to a Friend of mine earlier and told him "Guess whatIma do on the 3rd"?
He guesed "Have a sex change operation"

I said Close :drunk:

proud gonzo
2/2/2012, 12:18 PM
hahaha! My mom doesn't use opera glasses at the opera. She carries miniature camo-colored binoculars. They work great. :)

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 12:21 PM
hahaha! My mom doesn't use opera glasses at the opera. She carries miniature camo-colored binoculars. They work great. :)

How dayum Big is this place that Ya need binoculars fer it ?

proud gonzo
2/2/2012, 02:18 PM
How dayum Big is this place that Ya need binoculars fer it ?It's not that big--sometimes we like to see the costumes up close, though. But the hall we see shows at in Wichita is pretty big, so the binoculars are pretty cool.

NormanPride
2/2/2012, 02:44 PM
This sounds awesome, and I love Don Giovanni! I will try to be there.

StoopTroup
2/2/2012, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SotSKAYTyDw

proud gonzo
2/2/2012, 03:31 PM
woo!

proud gonzo
2/2/2012, 03:40 PM
dK1_vm0FMAU

Sam Ramey, the Don Giovanni here, is a Kansas native (whom Will has performed with twice and whom I have performed with once.)

proud gonzo
2/2/2012, 08:53 PM
BUMP.

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 09:03 PM
Bump backatcha

Chuck Bao
2/3/2012, 04:30 AM
If you're looking for unusual and unexpected Valentines gifts, buy your significant other tickets to this Don Giovanni opera. An opera tailgate party may say hillbilly to some of you, but at least the non-discriminating will be able to hang out and get drunk with the best of us hillbilly folk and have a good time while at it. It'll be a win-win on drunky and drama with the babe. Book it.

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2012, 08:55 AM
who gets drunk before going to an opera......seriously - is it to soothe the pain of going? if i invited you to come see my significant other at such an event and you turned it into a booze fest, i think i'd rather you just stay home

strange....

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2012, 09:13 AM
and i dont presume to think that it would bother pg - if not - then great.......get boozed up and go to the opera.......**** yeahhhhhhhhh

C&CDean
2/3/2012, 12:50 PM
Well aren't you just one big ****ing ray of sun****.

And you wonder why nobody likes you...

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2012, 02:22 PM
no, i know full well why

but sometimes a voice of reason is needed......i'm glad i could help!

C&CDean
2/3/2012, 03:06 PM
I'll pound one down and yell "**** yeah!" during a quiet moment in your honor.

NormanPride
2/3/2012, 03:12 PM
Who the **** cares if I have a couple before the performance? They sell alcohol at most concert halls anyway.

Holy carp.

OULenexaman
2/3/2012, 03:13 PM
another reason why man invented the flask....

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2012, 03:16 PM
Who the **** cares if I have a couple before the performance? They sell alcohol at most concert halls anyway.

Holy carp.

i dont care - get as lit up as you like!

if you cant go that long without it - take care of those needs!

C&CDean
2/3/2012, 03:49 PM
i dont care - get as lit up as you like!

if you cant go that long without it - take care of those needs!

Let's see, it's Saturday night. Check. Folks wanna get together and party with their friends a little before going to see a friend sing. Check. These folks have "needs." wtf?

Sometimes you're a weird mother****er Jon.

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2012, 03:57 PM
i'm weird?

i see that people can have drinks without getting drunk......at least i'm capable of it

others here have mentioned "getting drunk"....thats what i questioned........have a couple of drinks? by all means......get drunk? ......knock yourself out

be sure and wear one of these https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0AlN4inGuDHDCfFdRJf25OoikKly-BJ9QXxOaJDx6gOP0iipB9Q

C&CDean
2/3/2012, 04:14 PM
That's ****ing allsome. I wonder if they have one with torn off sleeves. Make me feel right at home...

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2012, 04:16 PM
your wish is my command big fella

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZA-MX6rrL.jpg

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2012, 04:19 PM
so are we clear - people can drink without getting drunk?

there is a difference

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2012, 04:28 PM
oh wait - since there's tailgate

http://www.igglesblog.com/.a/6a00d8341c248053ef0128767d4ba9970c-800wi

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2012, 04:28 PM
and by all means - spike the hell out of those melons

StoopTroup
2/4/2012, 01:09 AM
I like this outfit the best...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/2011/07/brian_wilson_espy_awards_2011_a_p.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
2/4/2012, 01:21 AM
I like this outfit the best...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/2011/07/brian_wilson_espy_awards_2011_a_p.jpg

Black shades, white gloves, look'n sharp and look'n for love...

proud gonzo
2/5/2012, 05:05 PM
Hey, jk--you're officially not invited. Feel free to keep yourself and your utter lack of humor as far away as possible. Plzkthx.

The rest of y'all, buy your tickets ASAP. They're selling fast!

olevetonahill
2/5/2012, 05:22 PM
Unexpected expenses have come up. I may not be able to make it
Still gonna try tho

jk the sooner fan
2/5/2012, 06:52 PM
Hey, jk--you're officially not invited. Feel free to keep yourself and your utter lack of humor as far away as possible. Plzkthx.

The rest of y'all, buy your tickets ASAP. They're selling fast!

oh my gosh - i need the suicide hotline number now........i'm a sad panda

(i wasnt ever coming anyway)

proud gonzo
2/6/2012, 12:13 AM
I don't understand what compells you to be a humorless dick all the time, jk. I feel sorry for you.

For the record, my husband heartily endorses the opera tailgate and the drinking. He's just happy so many of his friends are coming. My uncle and aunt are coming to see their first opera, and so are some of the fine folks here. And I'm thinking of making a reservation somewhere for after the show--it might be a big crowd.

jk the sooner fan
2/6/2012, 08:53 AM
humorless? lord - i'm laughing - i think it's funny that a group of people who havent set foot in an opera theater are going to go for a friend (actually that's pretty cool) - but want to get drunk (their words, not mine) before doing so......i can't imagine that any of them would ever go see an opera unless you and your husband were involved - if they tell you otherwise, they're lying

i simply pointed out that i didnt believe that getting drunk before an opera was within the decorum of such an event - but hey - if you're for it - then by all means

i think you took my comments way too seriously - i was poking fun at the "tailgate for an opera" - if you cant see the humor in that, then i feel just as sorry for you as you do for me

apparently for some - there is a blurry line between having a couple of drinks in a social setting and getting wasted/drunk......it's a very clear line for me

grats to your husband and his skill/talent - hopefully his wife will lighten the hell up at some point

NormanPride
2/6/2012, 10:50 AM
Always an adventure.

Mississippi Sooner
2/6/2012, 11:10 AM
This thread really makes me feel like getting wasted.

olevetonahill
2/6/2012, 11:19 AM
humorless? lord - i'm laughing - i think it's funny that a group of people who havent set foot in an opera theater are going to go for a friend (actually that's pretty cool) - but want to get drunk (their words, not mine) before doing so......i can't imagine that any of them would ever go see an opera unless you and your husband were involved - if they tell you otherwise, they're lying

Ive stated I have never been to one and Prolly never would if it wernt for PG and Will, So whats yer point ? Other than to find amusement for your Self righteous humor?

i simply pointed out that i didnt believe that getting drunk before an opera was within the decorum of such an event - but hey - if you're for it - then by all means

After several posts by YOU talking about Getting DRUNK Prior to. Chuck finally said he would if he wanted to. So you see You were the one constantly harping on the subject

i think you took my comments way too seriously - i was poking fun at the "tailgate for an opera" - if you cant see the humor in that, then i feel just as sorry for you as you do for me

apparently for some - there is a blurry line between having a couple of drinks in a social setting and getting wasted/drunk......it's a very clear line for me

grats to your husband and his skill/talent - hopefully his wife will lighten the hell up at some point

Again YOU are the one who has been constantly harping on the Getting DRUNK, the rest of us just want to get together Prior to and After to have a few drinks and visit old friends we haven't seen in a few months ,
Kinda like you and the Dallas lunch crowed

jk the sooner fan
2/6/2012, 11:44 AM
dude relax - drink a case of natty and spark up a fatty

all this stress can't be good for you

jk the sooner fan
2/6/2012, 11:51 AM
my god you people are uptight

nothing says hillbilly like a tailgate for an opera :O a joke -poking fun at the whole Bill Callahan thing - there's even a smiley face

dean......this is an opera......and olevet.....better get two cases again - another joke - because i didnt REALLY think olevet was going to drink two cases - much less one

what? they dont have corn dogs in the lobby? another joke - cause the corn dogs are good at the stadium (to me anyway)

a pi*s bottle at an opera.........love it funny!!

If you're looking for unusual and unexpected Valentines gifts, buy your significant other tickets to this Don Giovanni opera. An opera tailgate party may say hillbilly to some of you, but at least the non-discriminating will be able to hang out and get drunk with the best of us hillbilly folk and have a good time while at it. It'll be a win-win on drunky and drama with the babe. Book it. THE VERY FIRST MENTION OF DRUNK/DRUNKY TOWN, ETC

who gets drunk before going to an opera......seriously - is it to soothe the pain of going? if i invited you to come see my significant other at such an event and you turned it into a booze fest, i think i'd rather you just stay home

strange....

just an honest question - because up till then i thought it was just a few drinks

i always thought you people were all about "it's just the internet" but i can see it's much more serious....

carry on!

olevetonahill
2/6/2012, 12:26 PM
You are as fun as a 2580

GDC
2/6/2012, 09:24 PM
nm

StoopTroup
2/6/2012, 10:42 PM
Being an opera snob without ever actually have ever been to an opera makes all of this even funnier.

Hilarious.

The Detroit Opera House was one of the coolest experiences I ever saw as a kid.

http://www.ticketwood.com/images/performers/theater/the-magic-flute.jpg

Chuck Bao
2/7/2012, 01:56 AM
my god you people are uptight

a joke -poking fun at the whole Bill Callahan thing - there's even a smiley face

again - another joke - because i didnt REALLY think olevet was going to drink two cases - much less one

another joke - cause the corn dogs are good at the stadium (to me anyway)

funny!!

THE VERY FIRST MENTION OF DRUNK/DRUNKY TOWN, ETC

just an honest question - because up till then i thought it was just a few drinks

i always thought you people were all about "it's just the internet" but i can see it's much more serious....

carry on!

Are you okay, jk? ...because I'm starting to worry. The only person that you're quoting besides yourself in that post is me and frankly that is a bit disconcerting (for me).

Okay, since I am the first to mention drunky and opera in this thread, let's talk about it. I really meant it as an enthusiastic "hell yeah, let's do this thing up right" sort of thing, not as a "let's get smashmouth and go to the opera."

In reality, we were planning to have a few drinks and food before, enjoy the performance and party as late as we want afterwards.

But you're right, we DO have to be very careful in the way we post as to not give any wrong ideas or mislead people, especially the younger, impressionable posters. Drink responsibly. Arrange for a dedicated driver. Don't be a nuisance in public.

I am also glad that you keep bumping this thread, jk.

Knock 'em dead, Will.

GottaHavePride
2/7/2012, 08:58 AM
I heard that they are DEFINITELY going to have a midget on a pony as the Commendatore.

;)

jk the sooner fan
2/7/2012, 09:20 AM
Are you okay, jk?

Nope

C&CDean
2/7/2012, 10:35 AM
Wow. That's really clever jon. Original as hell too. Kudos.

jk the sooner fan
2/7/2012, 10:57 AM
thanks! :)

everything i've posted has been in total jest - apparently everybody around here has gone all serious bidness

C&CDean
2/7/2012, 11:24 AM
To be honest, it's kind of hard to tell which one of your personalities is posting and when. We'll all try harder to determine if it's the passive funny Jon, or the aggressive snarky Jon.

jk the sooner fan
2/7/2012, 12:24 PM
neither - just the button pusher one.....i truly wasnt trying to be critical

if you seriously don't/can't/won't see the humor in "opera" and "tailgate" - then i'd suggest you take the stick out of your own a** as you often suggest to me

jk the sooner fan
2/7/2012, 12:45 PM

if you seriously don't/can't/won't see the humor in "opera" and "tailgate" - then i'd suggest you take the stick out of your own a** as you often suggest to me

oh - btw - that was snarky jon ;)

usmc-sooner
2/7/2012, 08:28 PM
Do opera singers get paid for these events? I have no clue I've been to one and that was when I was in college for a class. I know like the 3 tenors get paid but do the singers in these venues get a check and by who?

This is a serious question not meant to get everyone so up in arms as jk's drunk joke.

jk the sooner fan
2/7/2012, 09:34 PM
no idea, but i'd hate to think somebody with talent like that would volunteer....maybe you have to do the community theater/opera thing when you're breaking into it

Collier11
2/8/2012, 12:56 AM

speaking of things that are ridiculous, how about pushing peoples buttons on a message board just to be a dick, surely you can see the irony in that

proud gonzo
2/8/2012, 02:22 AM
Do opera singers get paid for these events? I have no clue I've been to one and that was when I was in college for a class. I know like the 3 tenors get paid but do the singers in these venues get a check and by who?

This is a serious question not meant to get everyone so up in arms as jk's drunk joke.

No, they don't get paid for University performances--they are getting course credit and recital credit, however, and most of them also have graduate assistantships. They also do small but nice scholarship check from the Opera and Theater Guild.

(Looking at it that way, The University is paying more than the performance of La Cenerentola that Will's doing in NY in April...)

btk108
2/9/2012, 12:01 AM
will there be large breasted women singing?

jk the sooner fan
2/9/2012, 07:22 AM
will there be large breasted women singing?

with viking helmets!!!!

GottaHavePride
2/9/2012, 08:59 AM

In a professional opera house, yes. House management negotiates a per-performance fee individually with the major artists. Some of the big names make great money. Larger opera houses can get away with smaller Per-performance fees because they'll do 30 performances when a small house will do two or three.

Andrea Bocelli's minimum guarantee, depending on the venue, is something like 3/4 million.

jk the sooner fan
2/9/2012, 09:20 AM
with viking helmets!!!!

if any of you wear viking helmets, let me apologize in advance - i was not trying to push your buttons or make fun of you

C&CDean
2/9/2012, 01:37 PM
you're trying way too hard jon

Mississippi Sooner
2/9/2012, 01:41 PM

I think he was obligated to say that since, you know, Adrian Peterson and Phil Loadholt wear Viking helmets.

C&CDean
2/9/2012, 01:52 PM
I think he was obligated to say that since, you know, Adrian Peterson and Phil Loadholt wear Viking helmets.

Yeah. Right. That's the ticket...

Mississippi Sooner
2/9/2012, 01:53 PM
:biggrin:

jk the sooner fan
2/9/2012, 01:54 PM

when you turned in your post office stuff upon retirement - did they take your sense of humor too? or are you just super butt hurt that i poked fun at the idea of tailgating at an opera?

C&CDean
2/9/2012, 01:59 PM
when you turned in your post office stuff upon retirement - did they take your sense of humor too? or are you just super butt hurt that i poked fun at the idea of tailgating at an opera?

Neither.

Just making commentary on your inability to not be a dick all of the time. Or I guess it's some of the time. Sometimes. Always.

I also can offer some advice. Just stick to being a dick exclusively and then you won't confuse everybody when you're trying to be fun/funny on those rare ocassions you choose to do so. Or better yet, how about lose the dick schtick and be fun/funny all the time? Yeah, that's the ticket.

jk the sooner fan
2/9/2012, 02:12 PM
well if anybody knows how to do the dick schtick 24/7 - it'd be you

thanks for the advice pops

C&CDean
2/9/2012, 02:43 PM
well if anybody knows how to do the dick schtick 24/7 - it'd be you

thanks for the advice pops

No problem son. A man's got to know his limitations.

NormanPride
2/9/2012, 02:53 PM
So anyway, where are we meeting up?

C&CDean
2/9/2012, 02:59 PM
I just called and they've got lots of tickets left for the March 3 performance. I'm game for about anywhere.

proud gonzo
2/9/2012, 05:03 PM
Well, if you went somewhere on campus corner, you could find your parking spots, walk to wherever, and not have to search for parking right before the opera starts. Sometimes parking gets tricky for these things.

olevetonahill
2/9/2012, 05:08 PM
Just like a Tail gate Ima need a ride :tennis:

C&CDean
2/9/2012, 05:36 PM
I'm thinking Abner's. It's about a mile further, but I like it better than anything on CC. Momma can drive.

NormanPride
2/9/2012, 07:47 PM
I'm down. Never been to Abner's, is it good?

olevetonahill
2/9/2012, 11:01 PM
I'm thinking Abner's. It's about a mile further, but I like it better than anything on CC. Momma can drive.
Ima be at Sooner Legends

I need a ride

btk108
2/10/2012, 10:23 AM
Vet, give this guy a call

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQU99RiGIspbqotunqlgI2X-Qpr67bpQW-K10DWh1tt6g7tleZFwxrl0ai4

olevetonahill
2/10/2012, 10:41 AM
Vet, give this guy a call

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQU99RiGIspbqotunqlgI2X-Qpr67bpQW-K10DWh1tt6g7tleZFwxrl0ai4

Heh

proud gonzo
2/10/2012, 02:21 PM
I'm down. Never been to Abner's, is it good? Yeah, it's got something like 200 beers and good food. it's right next door to Forward Foods on Main St.

3rdgensooner
2/10/2012, 03:28 PM
Break a leg, Opera Man

C&CDean
2/10/2012, 06:35 PM
Break a leg, Opera Man

You and yours should come join us.

pphilfran
2/10/2012, 06:55 PM
Is the Fat Lady going to sing?

C&CDean
2/10/2012, 07:19 PM

Only if you bring momma...badumpcrash

proud gonzo
2/11/2012, 01:18 AM

No fat ladies in this opera. That's in the Fall.

The sopranos in this opera are pretty hot, actually.

Chuck Bao
2/11/2012, 02:58 AM
I am so sorry that I will not be able to make this performance. I have booked 4 tiks and I am sure that Olevet will be there and bellow out the apporiate and timely bravos for me.

Will will probably be pleased that sooner fans no longer throw oranges. If I could have a basket of oranges delivered to his dressing room and some Eastern Oklahoma moonshine, I would.

PG, girlfriend, you are gonna have to keep me informed on Opera Man's next performance and I swear that I'll be there regardless of the locale.

Bring down the house, Will.

C&CDean
2/11/2012, 11:32 AM
We're gonna miss you George. We'll hoist a few in your honor.

pphilfran
2/11/2012, 11:40 AM
Only if you bring momma...badumpcrash

Well done...

proud gonzo
2/11/2012, 05:27 PM
no worries, Chuck! I'll definitely let you know about his upcoming performances :)

BTW--I took all the opera ladies (sopranos from both casts) to the shooting range this morning. It was awesome.

proud gonzo
2/12/2012, 12:30 AM
Will says to tell everyone thank you for those who are coming or have wished him well in the opera. He's really thrilled that so many people are planning to come out and see him. He says it's going to be a really great opera and thinks you'll all enjoy it a lot.

StoopTroup
2/12/2012, 01:25 AM
Will says to tell everyone thank you for those who are coming or have wished him well in the opera. He's really thrilled that so many people are planning to come out and see him. He says it's going to be a really great opera and thinks you'll all enjoy it a lot.

Those of us that have had the pleasure of a Parking Lot Opera of Will's are fans and wish him nothing but success in his next performances PG.

He's not only a fantastic singer but a hell of a nice guy.

I can't wait to hear his reviews and how he made some grown a$$ men cry. :D

Prayers for his performance and also for you both. You're a fantastic cOUple.

God Bless

ST and Family.

C&CDean
2/12/2012, 10:38 AM
Momma is gonna go buy tickets this week. If you're in, peem me and we can see if we can get some together.

proud gonzo
2/12/2012, 12:24 PM
Just remember, come to the Thursday March 1st or Saturday March 3rd shows. If you go the other days, you will be disappointed.

olevetonahill
2/12/2012, 12:41 PM
Had the Plans Hon, But My Truck blowed up
Im not gonna be able to make it either Dammit

Give Will my best

oumartin
2/12/2012, 01:03 PM
appears it may be one lonely tailgate

picasso
2/12/2012, 01:51 PM
Awesome news! What about soap opera man?

proud gonzo
2/12/2012, 03:20 PM
No worries, Howard! There's always next time. :)

olevetonahill
2/12/2012, 03:58 PM
No worries, Howard! There's always next time. :)

Il know more tomorrow
Theres a chance I may make it yet

C&CDean
2/12/2012, 06:40 PM
appears it may be one lonely tailgate

I'll be there dickmunch. I'm a mother****ing party all by myself.

oumartin
2/12/2012, 07:49 PM
I'll be there dickmunch. I'm a mother****ing party all by myself.

Dickmunch, my your clever

C&CDean
2/13/2012, 10:35 AM
It's "you're" marty.

proud gonzo
2/14/2012, 12:36 PM
heh

proud gonzo
2/14/2012, 11:46 PM
BUMP! buy tickets, people! Everybody go see my husband in Don Giovanni! He sings! He rapes women! He gets dragged to hell!

TUSooner
2/15/2012, 12:39 PM
BUMP! buy tickets, people! Everybody go see my husband in Don Giovanni! He sings! He rapes women! He gets dragged to hell!

Gee, when you put it THAT way.....

olevetonahill
2/15/2012, 12:44 PM
So yer sayin its a PRON show?
Cool

proud gonzo
2/15/2012, 09:20 PM
I don't know about pron, but I've heard rumors of zombie sluts. (I wish I was kidding.) Oh, and I forgot to mention murder. He murders, too!

proud gonzo
2/15/2012, 09:20 PM
And there's a big sword fight, too!

proud gonzo
2/18/2012, 05:11 PM
I went to the first full run-through last night, and it was great! Awesome set, awesome costumes, great singing. And it's confirmed--there ARE zombie whores!

StoopTroup
2/18/2012, 06:12 PM
I went to the first full run-through last night, and it was great! Awesome set, awesome costumes, great singing. And it's confirmed--there ARE zombie whores!

Oh man...Zombie Whores. Sounds like a Stoolwater Tailgate. :D ;)

Turd_Ferguson
2/18/2012, 06:17 PM
And there's a big sword fight, too!STEP must be in this opera as well...

StoopTroup
2/18/2012, 07:17 PM

He always seemed like such a nice young man.....LOL