PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever Travel on Amtrak

olevetonahill
1/31/2012, 08:25 PM
Thinkin about a trip
Tell me yer experiences

8timechamps
1/31/2012, 08:38 PM
Yep. I'm thinking it was about two years ago, we took the California Zephyer from Denver to Sacramento. We had a blast. It took about 3 days total, but was very cool.

The only downside was stopping at all the stations they service along the way, but I guess that's what you get when you travel by train. We sat on the upper level, which made checking out the scenery even better. Other than not having a shower for a couple of days, I would highly recommend doing the railroad thing.

Where are you thinking of going?

olevetonahill
1/31/2012, 08:41 PM
Sister wants me to drive her to Northern Cal. An me fly back
Theres an Amtrak station close to where we going so I been thinkin about that
Says the trip is 61 hours

jumperstop
1/31/2012, 08:44 PM
I thought about it once, looked into it and the tickets were like twice as much as plane tickets and would have taking about 3 times as long....no thanks.

8timechamps
1/31/2012, 08:46 PM
Sister wants me to drive her to Northern Cal. An me fly back
Theres an Amtrak station close to where we going so I been thinkin about that
Says the trip is 61 hours

Yeah, they are long trips. The only problem is the way they route the trains, you may end up going all over the place just to get back.

8timechamps
1/31/2012, 08:48 PM
I thought about it once, looked into it and the tickets were like twice as much as plane tickets and would have taking about 3 times as long....no thanks.

If you're going somewhere and just need to get there, then train is not the option. We went knowing that the actual trip was going to take a few days. Plus, it's almost always cheaper to fly, unless you live on the east coast and are traveling somewhere else on the east coast (and even then, it's probably cheaper to fly).

olevetonahill
1/31/2012, 08:54 PM
Like I said I aint gonna be in a Hurry and the Price that I found was like 213 bucks , that dont sound too high to me .

jumperstop
1/31/2012, 08:57 PM
If you're going somewhere and just need to get there, then train is not the option. We went knowing that the actual trip was going to take a few days. Plus, it's almost always cheaper to fly, unless you live on the east coast and are traveling somewhere else on the east coast (and even then, it's probably cheaper to fly).

I realized after that it was more the train experience they were selling than travel. I didn't mind the time, but I still thought it would be significantly cheaper...

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 09:04 PM
My Grandfather worked on the Missouri Line and retired to raise Horses and Farm. I remember riding the train with my Grandmother from St. Louis to Tulsa when I was a kid. It was cool.

If you want to take some time and see our great Country you should consider it or an RV and go. Take some time off. Working is great but the trips I've taken on planes are very memorable. The trips by car with my Family are the same.

I really think Amtrack would be a great adventure

My 1st Cruise out of Miami was something I'll never forget. The Wife and I still
Talk about that one. Good Times.

2/1/2012, 06:45 AM
As a kid, my siblings and I took the train round-trip from Guthrie to Oklahoma city. Commuters mostly, but it was quite the big deal for a youngster from northwest Oklahoma. At one point, I was walking the length of the train when it wobbled (as trains do) and I put my hand out to secure my balance. It landed squarely on top of a man's head. We was sporting a powder-blue leisure suit and a quite amazing 'fro. It was the early 70s, and again, being from northwest Oklahoma, I had rarely even SEEN a black person, much less came into contact with one.

He was nice. I decided then that people of other races probably weren't as scary as I had been told.

Moral of the story: Trains wobble.

2/1/2012, 06:49 AM
Speaking of trains, does anyone remember the "Freedom Train" (http://www.freedomtrain.org/american-freedom-train-home.htm)that made a stop in Oklahoma? It was like a mobile museum of sorts... I remember it having Archie Bunker's chair and a pair of Dorothy's ruby slippers. Oh, and some other stuff about history and stuff. 1976, had to be. I'd have been about eight years old.

Edit: I love the internet. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jLC1_Ymhyk)

CobraKai
2/1/2012, 10:50 AM
Thinkin about a trip
Tell me yer experiences

I took the Amtrak from Philly to DC and then back from DC to NYC. I really enjoyed it. This was 7 or 8 years ago, so I have no idea what the pricing looks like now, but back then it was less than $75 for both tickets combined, so it was very economical compared to flying or renting a car.

I did get mugged coming out of Penn Station in New York, but I don't really think that was Amtrak's fault. :)

jkjsooner
2/1/2012, 10:59 AM

Actually, it's the opposite. You can sometimes do it cheaper on Amtrak than flying elsewhere. On the east coast it is quite a bit more expensive to take the train.

The main reason is because it's just so much more convenient to take the train from Philly/DC/Boston to NY than it is to go through the hassle of flying. Once you add in the overhead of parking, going through security, etc. the time difference isn't much. Add the higher demand and it becomes an expensive proposition.

jkjsooner
2/1/2012, 11:04 AM
I took the Amtrak from Philly to DC and then back from DC to NYC. I really enjoyed it. This was 7 or 8 years ago, so I have no idea what the pricing looks like now, but back then it was less than $75 for both tickets combined, so it was very economical compared to flying or renting a car.

I did get mugged coming out of Penn Station in New York, but I don't really think that was Amtrak's fault. :)

The times I've taken it the prices were a lot more. I was going from DC to NYC. I think some of it depends on where you leave from. They know they can charge a buttload for people leaving from DC or NYC. I'm surprised they didn't do that for the Philly folks.

Mississippi Sooner
2/1/2012, 11:16 AM
For those who consider themselves hardcore partiers in my neck of the woods, Amtrak has a deal that has to be done at least once. The train leaves the Meridian station at about 3:30 in the afternoon and arrives in New Orleans about 7:30. It then leaves New Orleans at 7:00 the next morning heading back to Meridian. So, you can party all night and then catch about a four hour nap on the way back home. You just don't want to miss that morning train or else you'll be stuck in New Orleans for another 24 hours.

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 11:18 AM
Aint going around them dayum Yankees
IF i do it I will prolly leave out of Oroville Cal. and head to OKC
The Price I saw was 213 bucks one way
I just want to know if Any one has taked a trip like that and what to expect

OULenexaman
2/1/2012, 11:23 AM
you can expect long hours between any smoke breaks....

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 11:30 AM
you can expect long hours between any smoke breaks....
What they aint got a smokin car?

OULenexaman
2/1/2012, 12:10 PM
Not any more.....I checked it out from Chicago to KC once. None of those had a smokin car.....so we said **** that

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 12:19 PM
Not any more.....I checked it out from Chicago to KC once. None of those had a smokin car.....so we said **** that
heh i can do with out a smoke fer long time
But they do have a Drankin car dont they?

C&CDean
2/1/2012, 12:32 PM
Dude, 61 hours in a train full of stinky white trash or 4-5 hours in a plane full of stinky white trash. Easy choice for me. I'll take the plane for whatever it costs.

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 12:37 PM
Aint worried about the cost

Ima thinkin I want to see the scenery and **** .

OULenexaman
2/1/2012, 01:05 PM
You will need to make sure that the one you take does have a lounge car.....some of the trains do not have them any longer.

OULenexaman
2/1/2012, 01:14 PM
heh i can do with out a smoke fer long time
But they do have a Drankin car dont they? I did find this on their website.....I would make sure your on the Auto Train.

On Auto Train, passengers may smoke only in a designated, enclosed smoking room located on the lower level of the Lounge Car.

reflector
2/1/2012, 01:26 PM
I can honestly say that I have never traveled on Amtrak

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks
Ima prolly just go thru a Travel agent . Tell her what i would like and see from there

OUDoc
2/1/2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks
Ima prolly just go thru a Travel agent . Tell her what i would like and see from there
She'll probably slap you for that.

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 01:55 PM
She'll probably slap you for that.

Or she may just Go for it

Mississippi Sooner
2/1/2012, 02:01 PM
Remember that old cigar commercial where it said "when does a man offer a woman his Tiparillo?" And just as that moment it shows a train going into a tunnel.

The good ole days.

cccasooner2
2/1/2012, 02:48 PM
Go 1st class (private room, shower etc.) is the only way and is worth it. Went round trip Los Angeles up the coast to Portland then through Montana to Minneapolis. Back to LA via Chicago sunset express run (if memory serves me) through Arizona. The rest of the people looked miserable after one day.

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 03:09 PM
Go 1st class (private room, shower etc.) is the only way and is worth it. Went round trip Los Angeles up the coast to Portland then through Montana to Minneapolis. Back to LA via Chicago sunset express run (if memory serves me) through Arizona. The rest of the people looked miserable after one day.

Aw decent feedback Thanks, If ya have the room deal are ya stuck init or can you go where ya want on the train ?

OULenexaman
2/1/2012, 03:18 PM
meanwhile......in Michigan today....http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/01/us/michigan-train-derailment/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

CNN) -- Two passenger rail cars jumped the tracks Wednesday near Ann Arbor, Michigan, but no life-threatening injuries were reported in the accident, officials said.

The Amtrak train "made contact" with a vehicle at a public highway crossing, Amtrak said, causing the engine to turn on its side and the first two cars of the train to derail.

The train involved in the incident was Amtrak Wolverine Service Train 351.

There were 71 passengers and five crew members on board, Amtrak said.

The train, made up of two locomotives and six rail cars, was heading westbound from Pontiac, Michigan, to Chicago.

Amtrak suspended service in central Michigan for several hours and said it will offer refunds or re-bookings without fees for those affected.

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 03:22 PM
2 points. #1 I aint gonna be up around them Dayum Yankees , so no worry there
#2 I plan on being quite durnk, and we all know Durnks dont get hurt in accidents :drunk:

OULenexaman
2/1/2012, 03:27 PM
looks like it was quite a ride in the one car...

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 04:34 PM
looks like it was quite a ride in the one car...
Bet I wouldnta spilt a drop :drunk:

pphilfran
2/1/2012, 04:47 PM
Went to Wash state in the winter....all the water froze up....

TUSooner
2/1/2012, 04:53 PM
If you go, you'll either have a good time, or you'll learn it wasn't worth it. If you don't go, you'll always wonder "what if I'd gone?" Just pack 61 hours' worth of Natty (& maybe a bag of chips).

In other words, I got NUTHIN'.

olevetonahill
2/1/2012, 05:12 PM
If you go, you'll either have a good time, or you'll learn it wasn't worth it. If you don't go, you'll always wonder "what if I'd gone?" Just pack 61 hours' worth of Natty (& maybe a bag of chips).

In other words, I got NUTHIN'.

You are right tho about the never knowing deal .
But if they aint got a dayum Drankin car . I ainta gettin on unless I can carry my own on .

cccasooner2
2/1/2012, 08:35 PM
Aw decent feedback Thanks, If ya have the room deal are ya stuck init or can you go where ya want on the train ?

You can hang out wherever you want. Best of both worlds. I never looked at how much it cost. I would let the wife make the arrangements and ignore/not look at bank statements for a couple of months. Had a great time and never missed whatever it came to. (i'm a cheap SOB. :) )

SanJoaquinSooner
2/1/2012, 09:34 PM
vet,

I've traveled Amtrak from Sacramento to Reno on three or four occasions. Always in the winter.

It is a fantastic trip through the Sierras and along the Truckee River when there's lots of snow. You may know that the Truckee River flows OUT of Lake Tahoe.

Trains are so much better than planes and buses. Lots of room and you can walk around. Wonderful for reading a good book. Sit in the observation car with a cocktail. But if you are in a hurry to get from Point A to Point B, then Dean may be right. If you're retired like Dean, I don't know what the damned hurry is.

The only downside I can think of is that the food on trains isn't what it used to be back in the glory days of train traveling.

http://0.tqn.com/d/studenttravel/1/7/N/F/amtrak-glenwood-canyon.jpg

8timechamps
2/1/2012, 11:23 PM
Make sure the train has a lounge car (barcar). Although, there was a couple on our train that brought their own (don't know if that's allowed, or they just said **** it).

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 01:28 AM
Thanks all fer the Input
again , I aint in a hurry . Still not sure if My Sister is going to even want to do this . P;us I got to make sure and Find someone I trust to take care of My Critters while Im gone

virginiasooner
2/2/2012, 09:34 AM
If you live here on the East Coast, Amtrak is the ONLY WAY to go if you're heading to NYC. Two and a half hours, no bumper to bumper traffic at the Delaware toll booth, no six lane 75+ mph on the Jersey Turnpike. Going to the bathroom may be a bit rocky, but if it's raining, you won't get wet. Oh, and now they have WiFi. And no magnetometers, no losing your change, no removing your shoes. The hardest part is getting your bag into the overhead compartment.

CobraKai
2/2/2012, 11:37 AM
The times I've taken it the prices were a lot more. I was going from DC to NYC. I think some of it depends on where you leave from. They know they can charge a buttload for people leaving from DC or NYC. I'm surprised they didn't do that for the Philly folks.

It has been many many years, so it is definitely possible the pricing is much higher now. Come to think of it I think my trip was in the late 90s/early 2000s.

yermom
2/2/2012, 11:42 AM
The sleeper cars were expensive, but sleeping in a bad bed is better than the regular seats. Plus showering is nice.

The food was about half a step below decent, but edible.

You also have to yield to real trains, so any arrival time is a guess. We were delayed by 5 hours waiting for other trains one way

I'd do it again, but a one way trip would be optimal. The trip out was kinda relaxing and interesting. The way back was boring and annoying.

Mississippi Sooner
2/2/2012, 11:58 AM
The sleeper cars were expensive, but sleeping in a bad bed is better than the regular seats. Plus showering is nice.

The food was about half a step below decent, but edible.

You also have to yield to real trains, so any arrival time is a guess. We were delayed by 5 hours waiting for other trains one way

I'd do it again, but a one way trip would be optimal. The trip out was kinda relaxing and interesting. The way back was boring and annoying.

Which brings up a good point. Rail travel doesn't have to be expensive. All you need is a knowledge of freight train schedules and a sense of adventure. You'll have to deal with the weather sometimes, but you can drink or smoke whatever you want. Choose any meals you like, so long as it's something you can carry with you. Oh, and the ability to duck and hide once in a while is definitely a plus.

Lott's Bandana
2/2/2012, 12:52 PM
Aint going around them dayum Yankees
IF i do it I will prolly leave out of Oroville Cal. and head to OKC
The Price I saw was 213 bucks one way
I just want to know if Any one has taked a trip like that and what to expect

I rode Amtrak from Sacramento to Seattle and back. Got out in Portland on the way up and overnighted. It was a great trip and I saw some majestic scenery that I wouldn't have seen from a car. I did pony up for a sleeper car and that was worth the extra $$$. We ended up being only 2 hours late, and I was fine with that.

I've also ridden the Saturday / Sunday overnight on the Heartland Flyer to Ft Worth to hang out in Sundance Square. That is quite inexpensive, relaxing and the train goes through Blue Canyon...an absolutely breathtaking section of the Was hita River, near Ardmore, that is inaccessible to the public. Saw a Bald Eagle land on a sand bar and practically show itself off to the passengers on the train.

Vet, you say you are going from Oroville to OKC? That is likely going to give you a bit of bus time...perhaps a lot of bus time. There are many Amtrak routes that require bus transportation, and it isn't really obvious when you book, unless you look very closely at the schedule.

Hottest I've ever been in Oroville, CA. Picked a bad weekend to camp a few years back. Average high temperatures for 3 days were 117 degrees.

Gawd, I can't even write Wa****a River.

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 04:24 PM
LB the route Map shows it travels South from Oroville to the LA area then heads west thru the southern portions of Az. N.M. and teaxas then on up to OKC

I aint ridin no bus

Lott's Bandana
2/2/2012, 04:35 PM
LB the route Map shows it travels South from Oroville to the LA area then heads west thru the southern portions of Az. N.M. and teaxas then on up to OKC

I aint ridin no bus

I looked at Amtrak's website and couldn't get anything but a bus from Oroville to Stockton, then another from Bakersfield to LA. Then LA/Ft Worth and Ft Worth/OKC was all train.

I'm probably missing the route you are referring to.

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 04:39 PM
I looked at Amtrak's website and couldn't get anything but a bus from Oroville to Stockton, then another from Bakersfield to LA. Then LA/Ft Worth and Ft Worth/OKC was all train.

I'm probably missing the route you are referring to.

Why i said IF i do this Ill contact my Travel agent :drunk:

TUSooner
2/2/2012, 04:40 PM
There are many Amtrak routes that require bus transportation, and it isn't really obvious when you book, unless you look very closely at the schedule.

Yeah, beware! I noticed this bus thingy when I considered taking a train to OK from New Orleans once.

Have you considered hopping a freight? At a recent Christmas party I met a guy who said it's pretty cool.

I'm not making any hobo jokes, OK? :biggrin:

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 04:46 PM
Hell when I looked I never Paid tention to that. It do say Bus . **** em

SoonerAtKU
2/2/2012, 05:10 PM
I forget if it was my Hobo name or my Jazz name, but it was Pretty Legs Franklin, and I was very much alright with that.

8timechamps
2/2/2012, 09:40 PM
I forget if it was my Hobo name or my Jazz name, but it was Pretty Legs Franklin, and I was very much alright with that.

I've just assumed you're a dude, if not, that's a great name...if so, I wanna throw up a little.

Lott's Bandana
2/2/2012, 10:31 PM
Hell when I looked I never Paid tention to that. It do say Bus . **** em

its a dedicated Amtrak bus with train passengers only, if that makes a diff.

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 11:09 PM
its a dedicated Amtrak bus with train passengers only, if that makes a diff.

As of tonight
Prolly wont even matter
It was just a Wanta do thing

SanJoaquinSooner
2/2/2012, 11:24 PM
You'd need to take the Coast Starlight route that runs along the coast. It starts in Seattle and ends in LA.

It doesn't stop at Oroville. You'd need to catch it either in Chico or Sacramento.

I've never taken it but I always wanted to.

The train through the San Joaquin Valley doesn't go past Bakersfield. Bus from Bakersfield to LA (over the grapevine).

Looks great:
http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=AM_Route_C&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1241245648567

olevetonahill
2/2/2012, 11:28 PM
You'd need to take the Coast Starlight route that runs along the coast. It starts in Seattle and ends in LA.

It doesn't stop at Oroville. You'd need to catch it either in Chico or Sacramento.

I've never taken it but I always wanted to.

The train through the San Joaquin Valley doesn't go past Bakersfield. Bus from Bakersfield to LA (over the grapevine).

AW thank you
Chico aint far from Oroville
i drive out that way YOU are gonna buy me a Beaner Beer LOL

Lott's Bandana
2/3/2012, 05:51 AM
I used to take the Caltrain from Sacramento to San Jose to see Sharks games. What a great way to go to a sporting event.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/3/2012, 09:21 AM
AW thank you
Chico aint far from Oroville
i drive out that way YOU are gonna buy me a Beaner Beer LOL

Absolutamente. Cerveza y tacos de carnitas

olevetonahill
2/3/2012, 10:27 AM
Absolutamente. Cerveza y tacos de carnitas

LOL:drunk:

Mississippi Sooner
2/3/2012, 10:35 AM
They've got these places scattered around the Central Valley called Maria's Taco Shop. They are all just little dives with a walk up counter; not dine in places. But, they have a huge menu, huge portions and the food is really good. I really wish there was one near me.

GDC
2/5/2012, 06:56 PM
Never been on Amtrak but have been all over Europe on trains loved that mode of travel.

Sooner24
2/6/2012, 12:50 PM
Wife and I rode the AMTRAK from Ardmore to San Antonio last summer. I really enjoyed it and my wife said she would do it again too. She stayed in the regular passanger car most of the time reading or messing with her Iphone while I spent a lot of time in the observation car checking out the scenery. They have electrical outlets everywhere so you can keep your phone or laptop charge at all times. Ate dinner in the dining car and like Yermom said it was edible but nothing to write home about. With the exception of one stop, and I don't remember which town it was, they would let you get off and smoke for five minutes or so. Since I don't smoke I would get off the train just to get some fresh air. From Ardmore to SA on the AAA rate was $60 a person round trip and not having to drive made it well worth it. They served beer and mixed drinks on the train from Ardmore to Ft Worth and on the Ft Worth to SA leg of the trip.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/6/2012, 01:47 PM
When I was a very young lad, shortly after my dad died, my mom, sister, and I rode the train from OKC to Seattle for the World's Fair and new Space Needle (had a aunt and uncle in Tacoma). A three day trip.

It was the experience of a lifetime. I went around from passenger to passenger showing them my card tricks. I was taught some new ones, also. I fell in love with a few older teenaged girls who paid attention to me.

TUSooner
2/6/2012, 01:56 PM
When I was a very young lad, shortly after my dad died, my mom, sister, and I rode the train from OKC to Seattle for the World's Fair and new Space Needle (had a aunt and uncle in Tacoma). A three day trip.

It was the experience of a lifetime. I went around from passenger to passenger showing them my card tricks. I was taught some new ones, also. I fell in love with a few older teenaged girls who paid attention to me.

Olevet + teenage girls = ... well, expect lots of screaming and threats of criminal charges for starters.

But seriously, I bet yours is a great story in its longer version.

olevetonahill
2/6/2012, 01:57 PM

Heh
Not sure I will make the trip this year or not .
But still wanta try it out .

swardboy
2/6/2012, 04:16 PM
$213 sounds like a deal to me. Cheaper than driving.

olevetonahill
2/6/2012, 04:18 PM
$213 sounds like a deal to me. Cheaper than driving.
Agreed
Im thinkin of buyin a month long pass deal
When Im ready
Not sure yet

soonerbrat
2/7/2012, 09:07 AM
Never been on Amtrak but have been all over Europe on trains loved that mode of travel.
this..did a lot of travel in Italy on trains. longest trip was 5 hours from Torino to Venice and then the trip back. fun

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/9/2012, 01:18 PM
I took the train from Norman to San Antonio. The train from Ft. Worth to San Antonio has the option for private sleeping areas which is nice.

If you aren't in a big hurry it's a laid back way to travel.

Chuck Bao
2/10/2012, 01:26 AM
When I was 5 years old, my mom put me on a train in Ardmore and I rode up to Kansas to visit my great uncle and aunt and returned alone on the train a week later. That was my big adventure as a kid. I don't think that it would be advisable today to put a 5 year old alone on a train, but obviously you could back then.

In 2010, my mom, my 6 year old nephew and I caught the train in Ardmore and rode down to Fort Worth to spend 3-4 hours at the Fort Worth Zoo before catching the return train back to Ardmore. That was a great day trip. I don't doubt that it would be a mistake to let my nephew travel alone. He made a lot of friends and even promised one man that he'd see him again on the train the following week. He was having so much fun that he didn't want to get off the train at Ardmore.

For anyone who visits Thailand, I'd highly recommend the overnight train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, leaving at sunset and arriving in the cool, crisp mountain air just at sunrise. The trains of the State Railway Authority of Thailand are essentially throwbacks to 50-80 years ago, but that's part of the experience and the charm. I've made that trip 5-6 times. One time, my friend and I loaded our bikes on the luggage/freight car of the train and from Chiang Mai did a tour of northern Thailand along the meandering Mekong river. That is one of my best experiences (after age 5) ever.

sooneron
2/10/2012, 10:08 AM
I've only taken the trains out of NYC- twice to Charlotte, once to Beantown and once to Providence. The last trip was horrendous as the train was delayed out of Penn Station, so I hit the bar... Long story short- dozing and waking half drunk with no water sucks. As to the longer trips, I wish that I had taken a train at a better time of day instead of mostly at night. Still pretty fun though. I would definitely opt for a private crib if I were on for more than 14-18 hours!

SanJoaquinSooner
2/10/2012, 10:25 AM
Heh
Not sure I will make the trip this year or not .
But still wanta try it out .

Well, take care of yourself so you're not too old and senile when you do come out.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/10/2012, 10:32 AM
They've got these places scattered around the Central Valley called Maria's Taco Shop. They are all just little dives with a walk up counter; not dine in places. But, they have a huge menu, huge portions and the food is really good. I really wish there was one near me.

Yeah, I have this one on vet's itinerary.

http://s3-media3.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/b-rJ2o7__hJkhGos1Bb1DQ/l.jpg

Soonerjeepman
2/10/2012, 02:19 PM
took the train from KC to New Mexico for a scout trip to Philmont...this past summer...wasn't too bad..actually kind of cool...

we had to unload and were postponed for several hours in Dodge City...we were coming back ...supposedly a "suspicious package" was found in a shower area...