PDA

View Full Version : Phlorida Primary 2012

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 07:58 PM
It's Romney! Newt will make the post for the Belmont and Preakness but Mitt has won the Derby.

Ron Paul broke his leg on the backstretch and they haven't shot him yet.

Santorum made the finish but found out his Jockey is ghey.

OUinFLA
1/31/2012, 08:07 PM
Im sure we have some hanging chads left to count.

WE R FLORIDA

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 08:24 PM
As soon as the polls closed, CNN called Romney WINNER!

Basically they are calling it based on the votes mailed in/absentee ballot.

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 08:31 PM
Romney is really doing the right thing by sending out his Wife and Family to thank their Supporters. They seem much more like real people that Mitt. I think this just crucified The Newt.

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 08:34 PM
Obama is gonna chew Mint up like a Lincoln County Seismic Tree Shredder.

hawaii 5-0
1/31/2012, 08:38 PM
Romney reminds me either of a used car saleman or Jimmy Swaggart.

Not sure which.

Not sure there's a difference.

5-0

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 08:44 PM
Mint keeps talking about people losing their Homes or being upside down on them.
The thing I keep wondering is what the hell is he going to do about it? Bringing Unemployment down and Prosperity won't bring those property values back. It was an adjustment in the Housing Market that happened in the Bush Administration. He continues to try and get people who have lost everything late in life to believe he's going to help them. Then tells them he will spend billions repealing Obamacare. Yet he offers no ideas or speech that he will instead develop Romney Care for all of America?

Brach will chew him up.

Romney talks about Obamas out of control spending but ensures he will not make cuts in one of the largest budget items we have, The Military.

Once he's the candidate...Pubs will wish McCain would have made a 2nd run at Brach.

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 09:16 PM
Dear Newt: thanks for the History Lesson. What books is all that in again?

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 09:20 PM
WE ARE GOING TO THE MOON IN JANUARY!

SoonerPride
1/31/2012, 09:21 PM
I hope that Newt keeps on fighting.

The more angry and desperate he gets the more intersting a train wreck it is to watch.

Mittens is just a nice warm glass of milk.

I want a reporter to ask Mittens when he dies and gets his own planet (according to Mormon doctrine when you die, you and your family each get their own planet) what is he going to call it?
Mittlandia?
Mittslvania?
Jupiter?

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 09:32 PM
Mittsanus?

Mitturn?

The Sun? It will be pretty hot where he's going ? :D

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 09:33 PM
Ron Paul is gonna c o c k us all!

MR2-Sooner86
1/31/2012, 09:34 PM
Romney outspent the others 3 to 1 in ads with $17 million and got what he wanted. Here's the thing, Obama isn't going to be short on funds and I think will be able to outspend him. Romney will be Newt come November if he gets the nod.

The Republican Party deserves the slow death it's getting ready to put itself through and I'll gladly watch it.

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 09:35 PM
Vending Machine Gold Tokens For Everyone!

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 09:38 PM
The fear of what's going to happen if we allow that no birth certificate check writing abortion buying citizen arresting free healthcare giving bastard to have a 2nd Term will ruin America and your children will all speak Spanish!

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 09:41 PM
Ron's nose seems to be growing.

These speeches are awesome.

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 09:45 PM
Heh. Johnson and Johnson does a commercial to let you know you'll be alone in the hospital once all the Nurses are gone.

SoonerPride
1/31/2012, 09:53 PM
Romney outspent the others 3 to 1 in ads with $17 million and got what he wanted. Here's the thing, Obama isn't going to be short on funds and I think will be able to outspend him. Romney will be Newt come November if he gets the nod.

The Republican Party deserves the slow death it's getting ready to put itself through and I'll gladly watch it.

The thing that gets me is the sainthood they seem to bestow on President Reagan, when if he ran now he'd be booed off the stage.

Tax hikes, not once but multiple times?
Amnesty for illegal aliens?
Asking millionaires to pay their fair share?

Booooooooooooooooooo!

He's to the left of Obama. Seriously. That is no joke.

Hell, Nixon wanted to have a nationalized Canada-style single payer healthcare system. He's to the left of Obama too.

The Republican brand used to stand for fiscal responsibility and rational thought.

It is now a place for lunatics and right wing whack jobs that used to be considered the fringe and only suitable for the John Birch Society.

When they sold their soul to the Christian right spelled the death knell for the party as anything worthwhile to support.

The "tea party" element is just another example of the tail wagging the dog.

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 10:27 PM
The thing that gets me is the sainthood they seem to bestow on President Reagan, when if he ran now he'd be booed off the stage.

Booooooooooooooooooo!

Hell, Nixon wanted to have a nationalized Canada-style single payer healthcare system. He's to the left of Obama too.

The Republican brand used to stand for fiscal responsibility and rational thought.

It is now a place for lunatics and right wing whack jobs that used to be considered the fringe and only suitable for the John Birch Society.

When they sold their soul to the Christian right spelled the death knell for the party as anything worthwhile to support.

I don't argue about what Reagan did or didn't do when he was POTUS because I judged him on how our Country was doing when his 2nd term was over. IMO he was a great POTuS.
That said. Who was POTUS when Congress and the POTUS got rid of the loopholes in the tax code and we all added up what we made and paid what we owed? During that time the thing I disagree with was the Luxury Tax on Boats, high dollar cars and rVs. That didn't go along with us all having a flat tax rate based on what we made. It made it fair on all Americans and if we had controlled our spending we could have possibly decreased the size of Government. Instead we slowly have allowed the Pubs to put back in all those loopholes that now have secretaries paying more than their billionaire Bosses.

State and Federal sales tax is where we really rake in the money we collect in this Country. The yearly Taxes could be lowered if Americans (especially the Middle Class) were not scared and trying to pay down their debt and reeling in our spending in the market place. The Politicians and the rich were warned about what would happen if they ignored the twitting around of the tax codes to benefit the rich and put the burden on the poor.

I know it doesn't make sense to help out the poor and that they should go get jobs blah blah blah. But the Poor spend the money. They don't sit on it. When they spend they traded with us in the Middle Class who had businesses and could help give them jobs. When that trade made us in the Middle Class money, we spent money on our Businesses and our Families and the Country took in more tax money.

This leaving out the rich and thinking they will invest in our Country is BS. They don't take risks. They want sure deals with no risk.

Believe on the Middle Class and make it easier for them to start businesses and hire people and the economy will rebound. If the poor make a living wage and the Middle Class begins to make them feel like they have a future and that they had hope that they wouldn't die poor. Give them positive feelings that you can study hard, work hard and one day you might even be President someday and our Country will be back on track.

Allow a rich guy to buy his way to the Presidency and continue to help the rich protect their wealth and use it to increase their personal wealth instead of create businesses and jobs and we will see another Democratic President get blamed for what happened after the next War we fight fails to give anyone but Haliburton the spoils of War.

I'll still to this day never understand why we didn't suck out every drop of oil we needed to help Iraq get rid of Saddam and pay us for our help and why we didn't buy up every poppy Plant in Afghanastan and own the heroin that all the countries in that area are using against us. Why not use Iraqs oil to buy it instead of kill off the Drug Traffikers that buy weapons to stop us from trying to put them out of business? We subsidize farmers here. Why not do it in Afghanstan, Peru or Columbia?

Why continue to do stuff that doesn't work? We have to do things that lead to positive outcomes instead of make enemies.

badger
1/31/2012, 10:46 PM

They need a new Contract with America... one they'll follow more closely this time.

They need to rethink how they court voters. They are no longer connecting with the voting public at large.

They need to have a strong leader that's willing not only to take the Republican party forward, but also run for president at the same time.

I am exhausted... but not because of this Republican mess. You see, OU women just beat KU in overtime on the road. TOP 25 ROAD WIN IN-CONFERENCE!!!!!!! :D

StoopTroup
1/31/2012, 11:01 PM
They need a new Contract with America... one they'll follow more closely this time.

They need to rethink how they court voters. They are no longer connecting with the voting public at large.

They need to have a strong leader that's willing not only to take the Republican party forward, but also run for president at the same time.

I am exhausted... but not because of this Republican mess. You see, OU women just beat KU in overtime on the road. TOP 25 ROAD WIN IN-CONFERENCE!!!!!!! :D

Sweet win by Cherie and the girls

I'll take regulating lobbyists rather than a new Contract with America unless that Contract would make Senators reimburse Americans and put them in jail for breaking their promises and causing us monetary damages.

Midtowner
1/31/2012, 11:15 PM
Has anyone requested Romney's birth certificate?

hawaii 5-0
1/31/2012, 11:24 PM

I think Trig Palin requested it.

5-0

okie52
2/1/2012, 12:00 AM
If precedent matters, Mitt got about 4more years to produce the birth certificate.

SoonerPride
2/1/2012, 12:51 AM
If precedent matters, Mitt got about 4more years to produce the birth certificate.

IIRC President Obama released his birth certificate during the primary campaign in 2008.

okie52
2/1/2012, 01:08 AM
Who did he release it to? Trump was just taking credit a few months ago for forcing Obama to release his BC.

hawaii 5-0
2/1/2012, 01:13 AM
I got my copy in a box of Cracker Jacks about 6 years ago.

I bought a tiny little frame......

5-0

okie52
2/1/2012, 01:23 AM
Sounds about right for Hawaii.

Was the Kenyan version on tablets?

hawaii 5-0
2/1/2012, 01:48 AM
Sounds about right for Hawaii.

Was the Kenyan version on tablets?

I actually met one Birther here. Swear to God.

She is a real conspiracy nut, too. Thinks we never went to the Moon either.

5-0

SoonerPride
2/1/2012, 07:05 AM
Who did he release it to? Trump was just taking credit a few months ago for forcing Obama to release his BC.

Oh it was released.

Only xenophobic lunatics, of which the Donald is a poster child, thought it was fake.

Every sane person knew Barack Obama was a US citizen born in Hawaii. The problem lies in convincing morons that Hawaii is indeed a part of the US. They still demand proof that it is the 50th state.

okie52
2/1/2012, 09:53 AM
Oh it was released.

Only xenophobic lunatics, of which the Donald is a poster child, thought it was fake.

Every sane person knew Barack Obama was a US citizen born in Hawaii. The problem lies in convincing morons that Hawaii is indeed a part of the US. They still demand proof that it is the 50th state.

57th state.

Mississippi Sooner
2/1/2012, 09:57 AM
All I want to know is why Hawaii has interstate highways.

SoonerPride
2/1/2012, 02:11 PM
All I want to know is why Hawaii has interstate highways.

Your snark notwithstanding, there is a real reason...

Any highway built under the auspices of the Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956 and funded by the federal governent is called an interstate highway, even if it doesn't cross state lines. In fact, there are many local routes that lie entirely within a single state funded by the Act.
Hawaii has three interstates - H1, H2, and H3 - which connect important military facilities on the island of Oahu.

http://geography.about.com/library/faq/blqzhawaiiinterstates.htm

SoonerTerry
2/1/2012, 02:16 PM

Leave it for the Dems to do

Mississippi Sooner
2/1/2012, 02:19 PM
Your snark notwithstanding, there is a real reason...

http://geography.about.com/library/faq/blqzhawaiiinterstates.htm

But...but...snark is my whole game, man.

SoonerPride
2/1/2012, 02:21 PM
But...but...snark is my whole game, man.

hahahaha.

Touché

Bourbon St Sooner
2/1/2012, 04:05 PM

Booooooooooooooooooo!

Nixon - Yes. Reagan not so much. I don't think Obama would have fired all of the Air Traffic Controllers. Mostly because that would have taken a spine and decisive action. The top tax rate for individuals came down considerably under Reagan as well as capital gains tax rates.