PDA

View Full Version : Banner to USC

8timechamps
1/30/2012, 08:42 PM
4 star OT Zach Banner commits to USC (over OU and Washington).

OU_Sooners75
1/30/2012, 09:05 PM
No real surprise here.

Too bad we didnt land him, but he is a left coast kid through and through.

8timechamps
1/30/2012, 09:10 PM
Was very positive about his OU visit, but just to drawn to SC.

OU_Sooners75
1/30/2012, 09:16 PM
Was very positive about his OU visit, but just to drawn to SC.

I wish him luck....going to suck for him the next 2 or 3 years with USC's probation in full effect the next few years.

8timechamps
1/30/2012, 09:19 PM
I wish him luck....going to suck for him the next 2 or 3 years with USC's probation in full effect the next few years.

That's my thinking too. I think SC's staff has done a good job keeping the focus of recruits off of that fact. However, the loss of schollys will catch up with them.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/30/2012, 09:57 PM
That's my thinking too. I think SC's staff has done a good job keeping the focus of recruits off of that fact. However, the loss of schollys will catch up with them.They can't get a full load of recruits, but they are still getting top people. I wish UCLA would get their act together, and siphon off some of the SoCal talent from the condoms.

Jacie
1/30/2012, 10:08 PM
Laney has proven at UT and USC that he can land the top recruits.

Now keeping them is another matter . . .

Give us your tired, your poor, your underachieving masses. As expected, former USC receiver Kyle Prater is transferring to Northwestern, giving the Wildcats a rare infusion of blue-chip talent courtesy of the growing Trojan diaspora. As a recruit out of suburban Chicago, Rivals ranked Prater as the No. 1 wide receiver and No. 3 overall player in the 2010 recruiting class, before a combination of injuries and blue-chip competition forced him to redshirt as a true freshman and relegated him to the lower reaches of the depth chart last year. Initial chatter suggests he may apply for a hardship that would make him immediately eligible at Northwestern this fall, citing family issues; otherwise, he'll spend another year on the bench and enter the lineup with two years of eligibility remaining in 2013.

Along with Prater, Lane Kiffin's first recruiting class at USC included five players rated by Rivals as five-star prospects, four of whom — Prater, wide receiver Markeith Ambles, tailback Dillon Baxter and offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson — are no longer on the team less than two years later. (Tennessee fans are nodding vigorously.) The only five-star who stayed: All-American receiver Robert Woods, who may wind up justifying the hype for the whole lot of them by himself.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/30/2012, 10:16 PM
They DID beat the nike Quackers, and prevented them from any shot at the NC game this year. It would be nice to see usuc upset a couple times this next yr, although somebody's gotta stop the Ducks, too.