PDA

View Full Version : JC O- Lineman Will Latu

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/29/2012, 03:44 PM
http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=8&c=1&nid=5603922

This is a BIG guy. Looks to have the proper attributes.

SoCal
1/29/2012, 05:36 PM
January 10, 2012

Will Latu no longer committed to Auburn due to academic difficulty

Will Latu, the nation’s highest-rated offensive lineman according to Rivals.com, has re-opened his recruiting, according to a weekend report from the Tampa Bay Times.

A poor academic semester in the fall at College of the Canyons left Latu unable to qualify to enroll at Auburn, the report says, in time to join the team for summer workouts. Latu failed some classes in the fall, and although he still expects to graduate in the spring, making up those classes would take half the summer, the report says.

Latu also said he isn’t backing away from Auburn for any other reason. With Latu’s decommitment, Auburn has 15 verbal commits for the 2012 recruiting class as National Signing Day approaches in February.

Read more here: http://www.wareagleextra.com/2012/01/10/will-latu-no-longer-committed-to-auburn-due-to-academic-difficulty/#storylink=cpy

OU_Sooners75
1/29/2012, 06:21 PM
He will qualify. SEC has strange JUCO admission rules.

1/29/2012, 06:21 PM
So, SoCal, talk to us about this.

1/29/2012, 09:13 PM
So, SoCal, talk to us about this.For example, what team do you pull for in college football?

StoopTroup
1/29/2012, 09:48 PM
I like it how Bob can get some of these type players to not only come here but walk in and really have an impact.

I hope Latu is one of those guys that really improve our O-Line and have our RBs blowing through holes for first downs on any down and able to pass protect our QB till he finds a WR he's looking for.

8timechamps
1/29/2012, 09:52 PM
This is one of the more "important" recruits we've landed. We have a hole at LT, and given that Latu has a couple of years already under his belt, hopefully he can step in and fill that void (i.e. Phil Loadholt).

1/29/2012, 11:25 PM
This is one of the more "important" recruits we've landed. We have a hole at LT, and given that Latu has a couple of years already under his belt, hopefully he can step in and fill that void (i.e. Phil Loadholt).If he's THAT good, he might opt for the eneffel after his jr. year...

SoCal
1/30/2012, 11:05 AM
So, SoCal, talk to us about this.

I wanted to find out why Latu decommitted from Auburn...just passing along what I found for those that are interested. I'm not trying to stir the pot or bad mouth the player.

setem
1/30/2012, 11:15 AM
I know we already have a Samoan on the team but 2! This is getting to be pretty awesome. As racist as it may sound, Samoans are bad *** to have on your team! If you are Samoan you are 40% to 50% more likely to go to the NFL than any other set of people. Let's turn this bitch into Dr. Gonzo U!

KantoSooner
1/30/2012, 02:13 PM
Yes, yes. More gigantic, angry islanders on the line is always a good thing. I volunteer to scout Hawaii and the S. Pac for OU. Just need a modest budget, a laptop and a decent camera...
Oh, and my 85 foot command catameran.
Bob ought to be able to hide that in the ground clutter of the football ops budget.

dwarthog
1/30/2012, 03:12 PM
He will qualify. SEC has strange JUCO admission rules.

Didn't seem to slow down Auburn with Cam Newton. No doubt each case is unique, but it does make you wonder what else might be going on, if anything.

1/30/2012, 04:05 PM
Didn't seem to slow down AUBURN WITH CAM NEWTON. No doubt each case is unique, but it does make you wonder what else might be going on, if anything.thank you

JLEW1818
1/30/2012, 05:30 PM
JUCO are hit or miss.

hope he hits

8timechamps
1/30/2012, 06:41 PM
If he's THAT good, he might opt for the eneffel after his jr. year...

We can only hope he's that good...

OU_Sooners75
1/30/2012, 08:45 PM
I like it how Bob can get some of these type players to not only come here but walk in and really have an impact.

I hope Latu is one of those guys that really improve our O-Line and have our RBs blowing through holes for first downs on any down and able to pass protect our QB till he finds a WR he's looking for.

The videos I have seen of Latu, he will be a very good one and one headed to the NFL.

He has a very fast first step in pass protection. He seems to love to fire off the ball and hit someone. On the videos I have watched, he has dominated the DE and protected the blindside of the WB very well.

I am sure he will have some adjusting to do his first year with the speed of the game....JUCO is good, but the speed at the D1 level will be faster and more intense.

We got a very good pick up on this one.

Too bad Banner committed to USuCk tonight, he would have been a great LT pick up!

OU_Sooners75
1/30/2012, 08:47 PM
I wanted to find out why Latu decommitted from Auburn...just passing along what I found for those that are interested. I'm not trying to stir the pot or bad mouth the player.

It is reported because of class issues...he wouldnt have qualified. That is the only reason he decommitted from Auburn.

A lot of JUCO players have a hard time getting into the SEC because of the courses they have taken at the JUCO level. That is why you see very little JUCO players go to the SEC in any sport.

OU_Sooners75
1/30/2012, 08:49 PM
Didn't seem to slow down Auburn with Cam Newton. No doubt each case is unique, but it does make you wonder what else might be going on, if anything.

Cam Newton didnt attend a JUCO on the west coast either. And Latu wasn't offered 200K to play for them!

8timechamps
1/30/2012, 08:51 PM
Had we landed Banner, this would have been the best class of O-linemen under Stoops. Latu is no slouch, and even without Banner, the #1 OG and #1 OC makes this a great O-line class.

Salt City Sooner
1/31/2012, 02:44 AM
Academics weren't the issue with Newton; remember, he started out at Florida. Now, his dad, on the other hand......

Salt City Sooner
1/31/2012, 02:52 AM
It is reported because of class issues...he wouldnt have qualified. That is the only reason he decommitted from Auburn.

A lot of JUCO players have a hard time getting into the SEC because of the courses they have taken at the JUCO level. That is why you see very little JUCO players go to the SEC in any sport.
x 2. We got Lance Mitchell because the SEC ruled that they wouldn't accept one of his classes at CCSF (UF did accept it, btw) after he'd attended classes at UF for 3 weeks. Their loss, our gain.

Cam Newton didnt attend a JUCO on the west coast either.
He did go to Blinn JC though. Is there something other than location that I'm missing on that one?