PDA

View Full Version : Devante Neal

picasso
1/26/2012, 09:15 PM
I guy I work with said that he heard on the radio today that new coach Kish has an in with this kid.

Anybody?

8timechamps
1/26/2012, 09:20 PM
Here ya go:

OU enters the chase for Neal

For anybody wondering what new linebackers coach Tim Kish brings to the table, he has made a big impression in his first appearance with his new title.

Kish spent Tuesday night in the home of Davonte Neal (Scottsdale, Ariz./Chaparral) and Neal said Wednesday night the Sooners are now in the hunt.

Neal, ranked the No. 1 athlete in the nation and No. 8 prospect in the ESPNU 150, said he is going to wait until after signing day so it will give the Sooners a chance to try to make up for lost time with the wide receiver.

Davonte Neal is the top athlete in the country and could play receiver or cornerback for the Sooners.

Neal has visited Ohio State, Notre Dame and Arkansas. He is scheduled to visit North Carolina this weekend, and the fifth and final visit is to be Arizona on Feb. 10.

As of Wednesday night, the Arizona visit was still on schedule. If there is any hope for the Sooners to really get in the race, OU will need to get that final visit.

Kish has a great relationship with Neal and his family. And Kish’s enthusiasm for his new position at OU obviously has him rejuvenated.

picasso
1/26/2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks! I just knew he was a Parade AA. Sorry I goofed on his name.

OU_Sooners75
1/26/2012, 09:32 PM
It would be nice to land him. He will not be deciding until after NSD. He still has two official visits to take, one this weekend and one the following weekend (to Arizona). If Kish can persuade him, then he may come to Norman instead of Arizona. That is a big if though.

That said, he is not sold on any teams right now, and will not commit or sign until all his visits are taken.

411, his dad is a trainer. He trains Mossis Madu, so there is another inside for OU!

8timechamps
1/26/2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks! I just new he was a Parade AA. Sorry I goofed on his name.

LOL...I hadn't heard of him, so I looked it up by "Devante", and came up with an unranked O-lineman. I scratched my head for a minute.

picasso
1/26/2012, 11:24 PM
Ha! My co-worker is a sick OU fan and amongst his OU shrine on the wall in the back of our lab he has a new list taped of Parade AA's. He tells me, "they just said on the radio a Devante someone is being recruited by Kish."

heh.

And thanks for the info 75.

northspeter
1/27/2012, 06:52 AM
ESPN has him rated the n.1 athlete..

MojoRisen
2/2/2012, 02:22 PM
Anymore news on Devante? There is something out on Rivals- that says good news!

MD

setem
2/2/2012, 02:29 PM
I believe tOSU dropped their offer, because they already filled their spots. I think he takes an official here, we got him!

Widescreen
2/2/2012, 03:31 PM
If it's between us and Zona, I think we're good unless he just decides to stay home. M. Stoops made the comment the other day about how much better OU's facilities are than Zona's. I'd guess he'll be impressed.

boomersooner28
2/2/2012, 04:19 PM
Color me confused (or I guess I shouldn't be looking at Scout.com), but I can't even find where we are even considered by Neal. Like he has NO interest.

OU_Sooners75
2/2/2012, 04:35 PM
Color me confused (or I guess I shouldn't be looking at Scout.com), but I can't even find where we are even considered by Neal. Like he has NO interest.

There is an interest, but it is with Mike Stoops and Tim Kish.

They are trying to get him interested in coming to Norman.

Davonte's dad is a major player in this kids recruitment. He also trained Mossis Madu and they consider Mike Stoops and Tim Kish family friends.

We will find out about this kid before the end of the week.

OU_Sooners75
2/2/2012, 04:36 PM
If it's between us and Zona, I think we're good unless he just decides to stay home. M. Stoops made the comment the other day about how much better OU's facilities are than Zona's. I'd guess he'll be impressed.

Bold statement.

His last visit is booked for Arizona. If he takes it and doesn't come to Norman...OU will not land him.

northspeter
2/4/2012, 12:17 PM
Bold statement.

His last visit is booked for Arizona. If he takes it and doesn't come to Norman...OU will not land him.

his dad was quoted the other day that the trip scheduled to arizona was a false story... still have no idea if he is on campus or not... rumor was he'd take unnofficial to zona and official to ou... still i have no idea if thats whats happening... havent seen any news on it since thursday...

SoonerInFortSmith
2/4/2012, 02:39 PM
ESPN has him rated the n.1 athlete..

If he signs with OU that will change in a hurry. He would probably only be 3 stars then.

8timechamps
2/4/2012, 11:11 PM
If he signs with OU that will change in a hurry. He would probably only be 3 stars then.

No doubt. If he doesn't go to Texas or USC, he can't be a 5 star.

StoopTroup
2/5/2012, 03:26 AM
No Bob and Neal jokes yet?

Things have definitely fallen off.

aj44mc
2/10/2012, 03:37 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/articles/2012/01/29/20120129arizona-high-school-football-recruiting-davonte-neal-oklahoma-ohio-state.html

starclassic tama
2/10/2012, 07:13 PM
http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2012/2/9/2787822/oklahoma-officially-out-of-the-running-for-2012-recruit-davonte-neal

OU ruled out by neal

cccasooner2
2/10/2012, 07:45 PM
http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2012/2/9/2787822/oklahoma-officially-out-of-the-running-for-2012-recruit-davonte-neal

OU ruled out by neal

Thanks, saved me a min. of $9.95. :)

Herr Scholz
2/21/2012, 01:12 PM
What's up with this kid? Apparently he was late to his press conference to announce today, and then just up and canceled it, with everyone waiting. Sounds like a headcase who's still "shopping" around. You guys may have dodged a bullet here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/pzfo7/live_link_to_4star_wrdb_davonte_neals_decision_nd/

Mississippi Sooner
2/21/2012, 01:14 PM
What's up with this kid? Apparently he was late to his press conference to announce today, and then just up and canceled it, with everyone waiting. Sounds like a headcase who's still "shopping" around. You guys may have dodged a bullet here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/pzfo7/live_link_to_4star_wrdb_davonte_neals_decision_nd/

The first post in that thread is pretty dang funny.

Curly Bill
2/21/2012, 01:50 PM
There's an article on Rivals that's free to look at. Yeah, sorta glad we didn't land this one.

cccasooner2
2/21/2012, 06:11 PM
There's an article on Rivals that's free to look at. Yeah, sorta glad we didn't land this one.

He's now an OU lock. :D

northspeter
2/21/2012, 09:14 PM
committed to Notre Dame..

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/3/2012, 06:27 PM
committed to godforsaken overhyped, and needs another 5-7 season Notre Dame.. We can kick his puny a*s in October in Norman. (OU 48-17 domer).

cccasooner2
3/3/2012, 06:33 PM
committed to Notre Dame..

Gettin ready to go to cowledge. http://www.azcentral.com/sports/preps/ne/articles/2012/02/27/20120227notre-dame-signee-davonte-neal-withdraws-chaparral.html

OU_Sooners75
3/3/2012, 07:31 PM
We can beat him in October, only if he is eligible...considering he just transferred schools in the middle of a semester just to get a shot at ND admission, since his class rank was kind of low.

ND usually frowns on that type of stuff. We will see what they do with a highly recruited football player!

SoCal
3/9/2012, 08:46 AM
http://www.uhnd.com/bb/forum/index.php?action=display&forumid=6&msgid=140702

Notre Dame Forum...rumor

According to his Facebook page he will be attending Arkansas, I am not joking. He added "the university of Arkansas" to his education

Boomer.....
3/9/2012, 09:30 AM
This kid is trouble! I'd bet money that he doesn't make an impact on any team.

8timechamps
3/9/2012, 05:53 PM

No doubt. I really wanted us to push hard for this kid, and when he announced he was committing to Maryland, I though we had lost out on a good one. Now, I'm just glad we were never seriously in the conversation. For all the time this kid took to announce, it's been nothing but a cluster**** since.

Best of luck to the kid, I think he's going to need it.