PDA

View Full Version : No. 1 Baylor vs OU women tonight

badger
1/26/2012, 01:09 PM
Soonerpsycho has once again come through in time to bash Baylor:
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/mulkeygrineralien.gif

I wish I could be there to rip Skeletor's heart out and for those of you that wish you could be there also:
TV: FOX Sports Net
Oklahoma City: FS Southwest (COX 37, 722 HD)
Tulsa: FS Southwest (COX 27, 722 HD)
AT&T U-Verse 753, 1753 HD | DISH 416 | DirecTV 676

Radio:
Oklahoma City: KOKC 1520 AM | KREF 1400 AM
Tulsa: KTBZ 1430 AM

How we beat Baylor:

1- Shoot like our life depends on it.
Not even 50 percent from threes might be good enough. We might need to edge closer to the 60 percent range to stand a chance.

2- Minimize turnovers
Or at least force Baylor to commit as many as we are.

3- No career nights for ANYone (except our players).
Last time they were in Norman, we held the dunker to the low 20s, while allowing her teammate to score 37. NO career nights for any Baylor players can be permitted tonight.

4- Skeletor melts down before our eyes.
She has come so incredibly close to technicals in previous OU-Baylor matchups. She just needs to do what TCU's coach did earlier this yera and get two back-to-back techs and go scowling off the court.

5- Pizz off the Behemoth
Get her in foul trouble early for ticky tack sh!t, like over the back (inevitable if you are 6-8 in the women's game) rebounding and giving charges on offense. Here's hoping that reports about Joanna still being out are wrong and she shows up wearing a hockey mask so she can be the one standing there when Behemoth tries to be a paint bully.

6- Make the free throws. Make them all.
No misses are allowed. None.

This, and scoring more points than Baylor tonight, should lead to a Sooner victory. We play well at home against top teams, so it is not impossible. We can sooooooooo close last year to beating them. It's time to shock the world.

CowboyMRW
1/26/2012, 05:37 PM
This has nothing to do with the game tonight, but if you to OP.com and Pg 14 of Mizzou fan tweets way across the line, you're mentioned in there several times. Pretty famous

SicEmBaylor
1/26/2012, 06:09 PM
SIC 'EM BEARS! SIC 'EM MULK! SIC 'EM GRINER!

badger
1/26/2012, 08:03 PM
This has nothing to do with the game tonight, but if you to OP.com and Pg 14 of Mizzou fan tweets way across the line, you're mentioned in there several times. Pretty famous

To be Poke is to be overly sensitive. The avatar plan was originally to have like 10 images of Ford screaming and then Budke laughing at him, but alas, SF.com only allows tiny images files as avatars.

If you'd rather I do something else that's cool... I know 99.9 percent of SF.com is sick of me being orange and posting it everywhere, hehe.

badger
1/26/2012, 08:15 PM
Lol skeletor tantrum after jelina block :)

We trail 8-5 with 15 left in first

badger
1/26/2012, 08:18 PM
Also, if any op'ers are lurking, i did a very kind eulogy of budke back when it happened so sf.com would know his contributions to the game...

...but just to be clear, i dont care what you think of me, because if you were cool like sf.com's resident pokes, you wouldn't be whining as much as your board does. So please, get over yourselves.

11-5 skeletors. Eff baylor 13 to go in first

badger
1/26/2012, 08:25 PM
We are swarming the paint on d. Good thing there's no defensive three seconds lol.

15-14 we trail, but a free throw coming up. 10ish left in first.

badger
1/26/2012, 08:27 PM
Because it may never happen again-- we led baylor 16-15 briefly :)

They already answered, but still...

badger
1/26/2012, 08:31 PM
Skeletor fashion report:

Its like she's headed to a funeral (in before sensitive poke complaining). All black, ruffly overcoat like thing, black undershirt, black pants... and black shoes...and a creepy black necklace.

Her dark hair roots are accented by her dark makeup. She really is embracing the dark side.

As i type this baylor takes an 8-0 run. :(

badger
1/26/2012, 08:37 PM
30-22 with 5:22 left. i have to charge my phone. too much sf.com app posting :D

badger
1/26/2012, 08:39 PM
We have a very solid gameplan --- a lot of boxing out after swarming the paint on defense, a lot of tall chick screens to open up midrange and three point shots on offense. we are shutting the behemoth down, but alas, she's got talented teammates.

And Skeletor hates everything that looks happy, so of course she hates OU actually being in this game. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, unfortunately, she's getting lots of calls for her team.

Squeaky wheel SHOULD be getting a technical foul :mad:

badger
1/26/2012, 08:40 PM
unfortunately our gameplan also relies on making more shots than we are. We trail 36-24 with four to go in first, due to many, many missed shots :(

birddog
1/26/2012, 08:48 PM
if we could find a way to stop that tall lanky feller out of britian we wouldn't be having any problems.

badger
1/26/2012, 08:49 PM
Well, since this game is pizzing me off, here's the Budke eulogy I typed way back when:

Also, for those of you that don't follow womens basketball as much as me, I'll try to give a eulogy of sorts:

Kurt Budke is the reason why OU womens basketball fans must now fear an OSU upset much like mens basketball and football fans, regardless of team rankings, records or game location. OU can be a Final Four team and still lose to OSU thanks to Kurt Budke.

Before Coach Budke arrived, there was a running joke with OSU womens basketball: They were not goodenough. This lame joke stemmed from Budke's predecessor's name, Coach Goodenough. She was fired, creating the opportunity for OSU to hire Budke.

I attended an OU-OSU game in Stillwater in the last year that wasn't goodenough. GIA was a ghost town with blindly bright orange seats everywhere. The few OSU fans in attendance (mostly a student pep band) were soooo angry that one busload of us from Norman would out-shout and outnumber them at their home court... and of course we won that game. Because OSU wasn't goodenough.

A few years after Budke arrived, GIA set the record for the highest attended womens sporting event in state history, beating out any of our LNC games, thanks to GIA's larger capacity, but also thanks to the greatest (at least in recent history) player that OSU womens basketball ever recruited: Andrea Riley.

Riley drove OU fans like me nuts. She was a ball hog and deservedly so: She was their best player, their best scorer, their team leader. The fact that Budke had her at OSU drove the entire rest of the Big 12 crazy, because dang it, OSU was supposed to be an easy win on the schedule, in the Big 12 tourney, wherever. Now, we're gonna actually have to do more than sleep walk in Stilly????

While Riley has since left and OSU is no longer a Big 12 contender, they were likely on the verge of getting their next Riley, thanks to Budke being more than good enough to compete in the best womens basketball conference in the country and to another thing: new facilities. Every Big 12 program now has to worry about a star recruit visiting Stillwater, because not only will they get a great sales pitch from Coach Budke, but also see facilities that are some of the best in the country.

So, Coach Budke, there's this begrudging level of respect that Big 12 rivals have for you and your program, because you took an absolutely awful easy-win team and turned them into winners.

As ex-OSU coach Lester would say paraphrased slightly, :les: let you RIP! (rest in peace)

Seriously, this game got derailed soooo fast. We trail by 17 now :(

badger
1/26/2012, 08:52 PM
Got a huge defensive stop when Baylor tried to hold for the last shot.

Whitney sank a few free throws, but we had problems inbounding after the defensive stop.

We trail by 15 after hitting only one field goal in the final five mins of the half.

Sherri has been stopped by FSN :eek:

badger
1/26/2012, 08:53 PM
I think the possessions where we attacked and kicked and passed were a big success.

The possessions where we had one person handle the ball were not a success.

Foul situations have to be figured out at halftime.

Baylor shot it very well, I think we need to contest more, when we double Griner we have to make sure they can't cut to the rim.

That's what I caught... a little bit paraphrased. She talks fast when she's angry. The Kelvin Sampson halftime speech would probably work here (throw a chair at the chalkboard and walk out without saying anything)

badger
1/26/2012, 09:12 PM
46-38 with 17:30 left. A nice little run to start the half... then Hook got us two more. Only down by 10 now!

And then they hit a 3 :(

badger
1/26/2012, 09:20 PM
We cannot hit any free throws :(.

54-43 with 14ish lef

badger
1/26/2012, 09:22 PM
I wish i had some happy pills... i'll settle for icy cold dr. Pepper... oh snap, just remembered where that stuff is from. No wonder we now trail by 17

badger
1/26/2012, 09:27 PM
The crowd is nice, tons of white shirts, lots of noise...even as the deficit grows to 19. :(

Screw baylor and their undefeated record and their no. 1 ranking and heisman and skeletor and their aau runner mens coach and the chick who dunks and the dr. Pepper i'm sipping.

badger
1/26/2012, 09:33 PM
Well time to read the new sports illustrated. Our deficit is now 20. Stupid refs stupid calls soooo much turnover soooo much missed shots so much aaaarrrrrrggggghhhh

badger
1/26/2012, 09:39 PM
I feel bad for our team because this is ssooooo now our game thanks to turnovers and missed shots. I will probably lament this more on the blog thread tomorrow

Down 21 with 7ish left.

The big difference between this game and last year's in norman? Danielle robinson. We sooo miss her

SicEmBaylor
1/26/2012, 09:55 PM
Did we win? I've been watching the debate.

Eielson
1/26/2012, 10:10 PM
SIC 'EM BEARS! SIC 'EM MULK! SIC 'EM GRINER!

I'd pay good money to see those three fight.

SoonerObsession
1/26/2012, 10:37 PM
Love me some Sherry Coal, but when will we ever have a team that takes care of the basketball? I can't watch it!

badger
1/26/2012, 10:53 PM
I watched it all :(

I dunno man, but its not cliche to say we are young. Whitney's the only one playing now with two years' experience... sorta. Half of last season was still acl recovery that she sat out. Jelina is a juco transfer, so she doesnt really count as a senior.

Give this team a year and we'll be the ones winnging by 30. Till then, i dont think many expected us to pull this off tonite. Maybe next time...

CowboyMRW
1/26/2012, 11:55 PM
Lol at your sig. Me and NYC stood up for you over there. I wouldn't worry about it. I like your avatar regardless of what OP.com says.

And whenever OU hosts our girls or boys, I might be the one with the OU stuff. Hope not, but this cycle of you losing bets will end sometime and it'll be me in OU stuff.

Chuck Bao
1/27/2012, 01:07 AM
That was a fun, entertaining game. The crowd was really into it - probably the loudest home game of the season so far.

Baylor just had the better athletes tonight. When OU's defense collapsed around Griner, her teammates stepped up to score.

badger
1/27/2012, 08:08 AM
Lol at your sig. Me and NYC stood up for you over there. I wouldn't worry about it. I like your avatar regardless of what OP.com says.

And whenever OU hosts our girls or boys, I might be the one with the OU stuff. Hope not, but this cycle of you losing bets will end sometime and it'll be me in OU stuff.

If they're trying to find me on twitter so they can contact my alma mater (it's OU btw, I'm not one of those t-shirt fans that you all love) and the church that gave me a scholarship (I am Lutheran, but I wasn't on scholarship via my church), please let them know not to bother. I am on twitter, but don't tweet. Also, I'm actually a few months older than your quarterback, so I'm waaaay too old to have my coach contacted. College sports are for people in their teens and low 20s, not octogenarians like Weeden and me.

Seriously, ruining people's lives on the internet is sooo Texas A&M. No wonder you hang out here so much and not over there. :stunned:

badger
1/27/2012, 08:11 AM
That was a fun, entertaining game. The crowd was really into it - probably the loudest home game of the season so far.

Baylor just had the better athletes tonight. When OU's defense collapsed around Griner, her teammates stepped up to score.

Maybe for you, Chuck. I suppose this is how teams felt during the Switzer and Tubbs era... at least we don't have to experience this every game.

So did Skeletor freak out? I was disappointed they didn't show her on TV more. When I went to last season's Norman game, I was peeking at the Baylor bench after every OU play to see you stomping and screaming about.