PDA

View Full Version : Top 50 recruiting spenders

kevpks
1/26/2012, 11:08 AM
Tennessee is #1. Talk about getting the least bang for your buck. OU at #16

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2012/01/23/conference-recruiting-expense-series-top-50-spenders/

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8611/captureejm.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/captureejm.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/26/2012, 11:16 AM
Wow! What a shock! The SEC is loaded at the top. That player payroll sure is expensive.

goingoneight
1/26/2012, 11:18 AM
Heh, something tells me that Auburn number is a little off.

SoonerAtKU
1/26/2012, 11:45 AM
1. Auburn - $2,297,645

EatLeadCommie
1/26/2012, 11:49 AM
Marquette is a weird one in the mix.

SoonerMom2
1/26/2012, 11:50 AM
These must be some parties thrown by the SEC! I am shocked at what they spend on TN Women's recruiting. Guess their coach just calls recruits and they show up?

Soonerjeepman
1/26/2012, 12:16 PM
Tenn...actually more bang for the buck...$400K and all those women's titles. (8 titles)..nice~

KU at #12...how can you spend $1 mill on bball? obviously fballl doesn't spend that! LOL

actually nice to OU is the most balanced...(no I'm not a woman! but I did coach HS girls...)

Breadburner
1/26/2012, 12:19 PM
Tenn...actually more bang for the buck...$400K and all those women's titties...nice~

KU at #12...how can you spend $1 mill on bball? obviously fballl doesn't spend that! LOL

actually nice to OU is the most balanced...(no I'm not a woman! but I did coach HS girls...)

FIFY....!

Soonerjeepman
1/26/2012, 12:25 PM
actually wonder what UConn spends on women's bball...he really gets bang for buck..unless they spend more on women then the mens....which could be the case! LOL

Soonerjeepman
1/26/2012, 12:30 PM
actually wonder what UConn spends on women's bball...he really gets bang for buck..unless they spend more on women then the mens....which could be the case! LOL

ok they have won 7...so depending on budget...

LVSOONER15
1/26/2012, 12:40 PM
So what exactly do we spend on the recruit. Is it travel, meals, and lodging? Or is it more the coaches travel?

rekamrettuB
1/26/2012, 03:27 PM
So what exactly do we spend on the recruit. Is it travel, meals, and lodging? Or is it more the coaches travel?

All of the above I'm sure. I would imagine coaches travel is the bigger portion of it but I'm just guessing. They probably send coaches all over the place and come back with nothing.

SicEmBaylor
1/26/2012, 03:28 PM
Duke is clearly getting their money's worth.

EatLeadCommie
1/26/2012, 03:38 PM
Duke is clearly getting their money's worth.
Duke on there makes sense due to basketball and their success year-after-year with it. That is why UNC and KU are high up there too. They recruit nationwide, as opposed to football programs that mostly recruit in-state (Texas) or within a certain region with a few exceptions.

But Marquette struck me as odd because while they do have a reasonably successful hoops program, I don't even think they have a football team. Maybe they are good at some other men's sport that requires them to recruit like crazy?

SicEmBaylor
1/26/2012, 03:59 PM
Duke on there makes sense due to basketball and their success year-after-year with it. That is why UNC and KU are high up there too. They recruit nationwide, as opposed to football programs that mostly recruit in-state (Texas) or within a certain region with a few exceptions.

But Marquette struck me as odd because while they do have a reasonably successful hoops program, I don't even think they have a football team. Maybe they are good at some other men's sport that requires them to recruit like crazy?
Oh okay that makes sense. I thought it was a football only list. Now it makes sense.

SoonerAtKU
1/26/2012, 04:02 PM
Maybe they are good at some other men's sport that requires them to recruit like crazy?

Lacrosse is a brutal war of attrition in recruiting.

LVSOONER15
1/26/2012, 04:08 PM
All of the above I'm sure. I would imagine coaches travel is the bigger portion of it but I'm just guessing. They probably send coaches all over the place and come back with nothing.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking but just making sure.

prrriiide
1/26/2012, 10:12 PM
These must be some parties thrown by the SEC! I am shocked at what they spend on TN Women's recruiting. Guess their coach just calls recruits and they show up?

That's pretty much been the case. Pat Summitt is not human. She is a force of nature. I mean, back inna day, when Bud Wilkinson knocked on your door, chances are you were going to wind up playing for him.

8timechamps
1/26/2012, 10:25 PM
Is that annual?

If so, it would be interesting to see that list over the past 10-15 years.

pardon the interREDtion
1/26/2012, 11:11 PM
How cheap is the PAC 12?

picasso
1/26/2012, 11:40 PM
Marquette is a weird one in the mix.
Hella basketball.

StoopTroup
1/27/2012, 12:21 AM
I don't really believe that Fexas is reporting how much they really spend. Swimmers are expensive to recruit.

Taxman71
1/27/2012, 03:44 PM
I would have thought Hawaii would be higher for obvious reasons.

Herr Scholz
1/27/2012, 07:23 PM
I don't really believe that Fexas is reporting how much they really spend. Swimmers are expensive to recruit.
We recruit well across the board.

Big XII titles
UT - 114
OU - 39

National titles
UT - 48
OU - 26

8timechamps
1/27/2012, 10:59 PM
We recruit well across the board.

Big XII titles
UT - 114
OU - 39

National titles
UT - 48
OU - 26

But really, only football matters. Let me dig up those numbers...

picasso
1/27/2012, 11:22 PM
Wow, who would have thought. I'll bet Texas even participates in more sports than OU. No **** Herr.

picasso
1/27/2012, 11:24 PM
Ah yes, this is sure to bring the over all record response from Herr, all the while ignoring the tremendous anal soreness still aching from this past October.

Scott D
1/28/2012, 12:17 AM
I would have thought Hawaii would be higher for obvious reasons.

the administration is pretty restrictive when it comes to recruiting. a kid pretty much has to be very very very serious about playing there before they'll dig into recruiting off the mainland.

Sabanball
1/28/2012, 06:29 PM
Tennessee has always had to recruit nationally, it's never been a hotbed for in-state talent. That probably explains why they pay out so much.

Not surprised at all that you guys are not high on the list--when you get half your roster from a border state, why should you have to spend a lot of money?

I would have thought both T**as and USC W. would have both been much higher on the list, T**as just because they are, well, T**as, and SC because they recruit at such a high level nationally.

SoonerAtKU
1/30/2012, 10:30 AM
Texas is almost certainly overpaying for their product. That's not to say they don't get great players, but they have the built-in advantage of being the flagship university in one of the most talent-rich states. Florida has three schools, California has a handful that rotate in popularity, Ohio loses players all over the midwest.

Texas' football recruiting budget should be about the cost of 25 plane trips and 25 ball-point pens.

StoopTroup
1/30/2012, 10:45 AM

He said Tit-les.....lol

WA. Sooner
1/31/2012, 07:16 AM
I would have thought that NIKE I mean Oregon would have been a bigger spender