PDA

View Full Version : OSU Veterinarian Grad Charged with Sodomizing Horse

sooner KB
1/26/2012, 10:54 AM
http://www.ocolly.com/vet-grad-to-face-charge-of-sodomy-1.2750422#.TyCRXuNWqjI

A registered veterinarian and Oklahoma State University graduate will face trial on a charge of sodomy.

Thomas Barret Lyle Wilson, 28, is accused of having sex with a horse while receiving training at the Legacy Equine Medical and Surgical Centre near Tulsa in September 2009, according to court records. Wilson was still completing coursework at the OSU College of Veterinary Medicine at that time. He graduated with a doctorate in veterinary medicine in July 2010.

Wilson appeared in court Thursday with attorney Robert Wyatt and pleaded not guilty, according to the Oklahoma State Courts Network. He also waived his rights to a preliminary hearing and a jury trial.

Wilson is still licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Pennsylvania, according to the Pennsylvania State Veterinary Board. His license does not expire until Nov. 30, and the Board has not filed any complaints against him.

Wilson will next appear in court Jan. 30 at 9 a.m. for his arraignment. Calls to Wyatt were not immediately returned. The OSU College of Veterinary Medicine declined further comment.

Wade Spradley, a part owner of the medical center and former coworker, was checking on the animals at the clinic via live video, where he saw Wilson having sex with a horse, according to the affidavit. Spradley recognized and confronted Wilson, who stated, "I'm glad you caught me. I need help," according to the affidavit.

The Oklahoma State Board of Medical Examiners investigated Wilson and charged him with one count of sodomy on Oct. 21. He was arrested Dec. 1 and posted a cash bond of $100,000 the next day, according to OSCN.

Sodomy is punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

Wilson visited campus in May 2011 and helped the college during its hooding ceremony of 82 graduates. Wilson was a small animal veterinarian in Dallas, Penn., at that time, according to an article the OSU Alumni Association published.

At the ceremony, Wilson told the association, "I may practice in Pennsylvania 1,400 miles away, but I still practice the quality medicine and compassionate care that the OSU veterinary center taught me."

Reed Holyoak, one of Wilson's former mentors and an employee of the OSU College of Veterinary Medicine, remembers Wilson as a quiet and kind student who completed all his assigned tasks.

"(Wilson) was appointed to work with me as a summer research student with a project involving a viral disease in horses," Holyoak said. "If the charges are true, there were no outward expressions of the inner turmoil with which he must have been struggling. He was always cordial with the resident and intern with whom he worked on the research project. I feel sorry for him and his struggles."

Holyoak, a professor who specializes in animal reproduction studies, said he knew Wilson left school for part of his senior year, but that he returned to finish his degree and had no idea he was involved in such a trial.

OSU Director of Communications Gary Shutt confirmed Wilson's status as an alumnus of OSU but declined to elaborate.

"Wilson was a student here and did graduate from our veterinary school," Shutt said. "Beyond that we cannot comment because of student privacy laws and the fact that there is pending litigation."

Viking Kitten
1/26/2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah, but did you see what the horse was wearing?

badger
1/26/2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah... they already had fun with this one in the football forum :D

Viking Kitten
1/26/2012, 10:59 AM
The South Oval is a far more appropriate place for horse rape jokes.

OULenexaman
1/26/2012, 12:47 PM
Your honor.......it was just harmless horseplay.

setem
1/26/2012, 12:53 PM
Welcome to five minutes ago! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?165581-They-are-in-fact-a-team-on-the-rise.-Horses-are-taller-than-sheep.)

rekamrettuB
1/26/2012, 03:32 PM
The horse was asking for it. Here's a pic prior to the incident:

http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP00002978/mister-ed-3.jpg

SoonerTerry
1/26/2012, 03:35 PM
Horse should not have passed out drunk...

Viking Kitten
1/26/2012, 03:39 PM
The horse said 'Naaaay' but it's eyes told a different story.

OULenexaman
1/26/2012, 03:47 PM
maybe the Vet was just hung like a horse.

XingTheRubicon
1/26/2012, 04:18 PM
chair?

C&CDean
1/26/2012, 05:05 PM
The horse said 'Naaaay' but it's eyes told a different story.

That's right, make fun. At least he didn't kill the poor thing.

Soonerpsycho
1/27/2012, 10:44 AM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/aggiehorsebanger.gif

OULenexaman
1/27/2012, 10:48 AM
Good Gaawd that's funny...

Viking Kitten
1/27/2012, 11:08 AM
Spek x 1,000.

stoopified
1/27/2012, 04:10 PM
Your honor.......it was just harmless horseplay.:)

AlboSooner
1/28/2012, 11:12 AM
I should be shocked, but I am not.

cccasooner2
1/28/2012, 11:38 AM
Ah well, it's the down side of giving up cow orking.