PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks won over Integris

badger
1/24/2012, 10:11 PM
Original donation returned and doubled in punitive damages.

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20120124_12_0_CLAREM621927)

In a nutshell, Brooks alleged that Integris offered to name a womens center after his late mother in exchange for a $500k donation. Brooks further alleged that Integris not only didn't build a womens center, but reneged on their agreement to name it in mom's honor (instead asking for $15 million for such naming rights).

Probably the most damning evidence was an email that said a hospital exec wanted Brooks to work to get his donation back.

On one hand, Garth is a rich entertainer. On the other hand, it sounded kind of low to seemingly dupe someone out of the opportunity to honor their late mother.

Breadburner
1/24/2012, 10:59 PM
Hes a man of principle...Good for him.....

picasso
1/25/2012, 12:17 AM
He's also "been on both ends of it." Per the oSu commercial.

sooner59
1/25/2012, 12:22 AM
They are probably of equal blame in reality. We won't ever hear the whole story I would bet. Either way, it was David vs. Goliath (and Garth was Goliath in a trial in Claremore). Heard he was there are cracking jokes during jury selection, then hired hired a PR firm to spin this whole deal. Now this small hospital owes him $1 Million. $500K he donated + $500K punitive damages. I'm neutral on Garth so I'm not on his side nor against him, but out of all the stories I have read, he didn't have his story straight. Just yesterday I read an article that quoted him a few days ago saying that he "really couldn't remember any of the specifics of agreements made back in 2005". I think if I just gave half a million bucks to somebody, at least something would come to mind. What I don't understand is why:

1. They didn't just name "something" after his mom to make him happy (although it was said they offered the critical care unit and he wanted a women's center named for her instead, which I don't think one existed and $500K wouldn't come close to building)
2. He didn't just let them put her name on something...or put up the money to help build that women's center.
3. They didn't just say "Screw it, Garth, here is your money back and peddle your **** down the road."
4. He was given double his money back. No way his lawyers cost him half a million for such a small case. The money is just going to end up hurting the hospital and coming out of the pockets of patients.

Both the hospital and Garth come out of this looking bad in my opinion. They are both stubborn and dumb for letting this become news. This whole thing just has me shaking my head.

Midtowner
1/25/2012, 07:29 AM
Funny how you can read the same story and reach such a conclusion. The whole story was told. I mean.. when else are you going to tell the whole story than at a jury trial? Based on the evidence we know was presented, i.e., the renderings which were shown to Brooks with his mother's name on the hospital, it's pretty clear that there was enough evidence for a jury to find that he was fraudulently induced into making that gift.

As far as the punitive damages, they'll do exactly what they are supposed to do--incentivize Integris to not only not do that again, but adopt some sort of policy with large donations so that the purpose of those donations is spelled out in black and white. Them not doing that in the past was just unbelievably dumb.... and some of those emails between executives, i.e., stating that they'd make Brooks work hard to get his money back were enough to motivate a jury to punish the hospital for its wrongdoing.

Okla-homey
1/25/2012, 07:29 AM
Screw Integris. They. Were. Stupid.

Let me break it down for you.

1) You are a giant, for profit, health care corporation, and you renege on a promise to name a facility as a condition of a half-million donation from a famous local guy.

2) said famous local guy sues you in the rural county court in his backyard.

3) the jurors are fans of the famous local guy.

4) Your CEO's internal email, in which he stated "we'll have to give the money back, but we can make him fight like hell to get it", is introduced into evidence.

5) you are going down.

Breadburner
1/25/2012, 08:13 AM
Small hospital my ***.....!!!!!!

sooner59
1/25/2012, 09:48 AM
Funny how you can read the same story and reach such a conclusion. The whole story was told. I mean.. when else are you going to tell the whole story than at a jury trial? Based on the evidence we know was presented, i.e., the renderings which were shown to Brooks with his mother's name on the hospital, it's pretty clear that there was enough evidence for a jury to find that he was fraudulently induced into making that gift.

As far as the punitive damages, they'll do exactly what they are supposed to do--incentivize Integris to not only not do that again, but adopt some sort of policy with large donations so that the purpose of those donations is spelled out in black and white. Them not doing that in the past was just unbelievably dumb.... and some of those emails between executives, i.e., stating that they'd make Brooks work hard to get his money back were enough to motivate a jury to punish the hospital for its wrongdoing.

I didn't base my post on the article in this thread. I based it on the 10 or so I have read in the past couple of weeks and what some people who worked at that exact hospital told me (which were not brought up in this article). I left most of it out because I have no idea how much truth it to their stories....not they get anything out of it either way. I figure there is probably some truth to it, and some not the truth. What I was told was that the rendering were shown to Garth, but he never selected anything specific. What he wanted required more than a $500K donation, and he didn't settle on anything for the amount he gave. It was said that he didn't have anything written in a contract, it was just verbal talks that never concluded with anything specific to be done. Then a year or two later, nothing had been done yet, so they tried to contact him on several occasions. They had left several messages for him through his people and they never heard back from him. This seemed even stranger when someone had said that Garth Brooks' donation to the hospital was at the request of his father. He donated the money, never saw the project through to the finish, and after his father died, he decided he wanted the money back and sued the hospital. Like I said, I've heard a lot of stuff about this, and most of it probably is part-truths and no-truths. But I refrain from say who was at absolute fault for this because in reality, it was probably both parties. The most ignorant party in this case was Integris beyond a shadow of a doubt. Not just giving him back his money to prevent the bad PR was just idiotic, regardless of the actually story behind it.

Crimsontothecore
1/25/2012, 06:39 PM
While I do believe Integris made a verbal agreement with Brooks, I am amazed that he was so stupid as to not get any of it in writing. I'm willing to bet that none of his record deals were on a handshake. Furthermore, I seriously doubt anyone whose name wasn't Garth Brooks would have won such a suit when nothing was in writing, not to mention being awarded the same amount in punitive damages. It pays to be famous.

AlboSooner
1/25/2012, 09:01 PM
Donations should only be made if you get something out of it. As a giant in the medical world, Garth's mom should have every hospital named after her.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/26/2012, 04:54 AM
They are probably of equal blame in reality. We won't ever hear the whole story I would bet. Either way, it was David vs. Goliath (and Garth was Goliath in a trial in Claremore). Heard he was there are cracking jokes during jury selection, then hired hired a PR firm to spin this whole deal. Now this small hospital owes him $1 Million. $500K he donated + $500K punitive damages. I'm neutral on Garth so I'm not on his side nor against him, but out of all the stories I have read, he didn't have his story straight. Just yesterday I read an article that quoted him a few days ago saying that he "really couldn't remember any of the specifics of agreements made back in 2005". I think if I just gave half a million bucks to somebody, at least something would come to mind. What I don't understand is why:

1. They didn't just name "something" after his mom to make him happy (although it was said they offered the critical care unit and he wanted a women's center named for her instead, which I don't think one existed and $500K wouldn't come close to building)
2. He didn't just let them put her name on something...or put up the money to help build that women's center.
3. They didn't just say "Screw it, Garth, here is your money back and peddle your **** down the road."
4. He was given double his money back. No way his lawyers cost him half a million for such a small case. The money is just going to end up hurting the hospital and coming out of the pockets of patients.

Both the hospital and Garth come out of this looking bad in my opinion. They are both stubborn and dumb for letting this become news. This whole thing just has me shaking my head.

Sooner59, this ain't no "small hospital" this is a big boy Integris...multi-million for profit hospital entity. Got no love for Garth, but this one reeks of neither side having the "truth" and both letting a jury decide the "truth". I can't believe there wasn't something in writing and such...Sounds like the company was being a tool about the whole deal, but I am sure ole Garth has a few liberties in there as well...

Ton Loc
1/26/2012, 09:52 AM
#1 Integris Health Inc. is not-for-profit.

#2 Garth Brooks is a slimy dude. He's been asking for his money back since 2008 and not for the reasons he listed in the lawsuit.

#3 The people at Integris who helped out on this deal don't work there anymore because they're dumb and made tons of other poor decisions. Cheifly, the fact they didn't realize that emails and other digital data was discoverable. That bit them in the *** more than in this case.

Integris should have just given the whiney baby his money back. Sooner59 has probably heard the same things I have about this case. They may not all be true, but its better than everything that was presented in the court case.

badger
1/26/2012, 10:00 AM
#3 The people at Integris who helped out on this deal don't work there anymore because they're dumb and made tons of other poor decisions. Cheifly, the fact they didn't realize that emails and other digital data was discoverable. That bit them in the *** more than in this case.

If I'm not mistaken, the current CEO, James Moore, was instrumental in the donation.

The email bit a good reason why you should NEVER leave a paper trail of stuff that might bite you in the arse later, even a digital paper trail. Practically everything is open for court cases, even if you're a non-profit. I also think Oklahoma is a state where only one end of a phone conversation needs to know its being recorded rather than both, so treat your phone conversations like they're all on the record as well.

Integris should have just given the whiney baby his money back.

I don't understand why they didn't just do that. According to their own testimony, they never spent Garth's donation. They never built the womens center and they just were seemingly holding onto half a million dollars and not doing anything with it, except maybe collecting interest in a bank account.

I imagine that there will be an appeal. If that is the case, I see the amount of punitive coming down.

#2 Garth Brooks is a slimy dude. He's been asking for his money back since 2008 and not for the reasons he listed in the lawsuit.

I don't think asking for a donation back when the center isn't getting built and the money isn't being spent is slimy (again, but Integris' own testimony, this is what was going on --- donation NOT spent, new center NOT built).

However, it will be interesting to see if Garth now goes forward with helping another area hospital with a womens center in his mom's honor, of it he uses the money an ivory back scratcher to his Owasso ranch. Either way, it's none of my business.

Ton Loc
1/26/2012, 10:14 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the current CEO, James Moore, was instrumental in the donation.

The email bit a good reason why you should NEVER leave a paper trail of stuff that might bite you in the arse later, even a digital paper trail. Practically everything is open for court cases, even if you're a non-profit. I also think Oklahoma is a state where only one end of a phone conversation needs to know its being recorded rather than both, so treat your phone conversations like they're all on the record as well.

I don't understand why they didn't just do that. According to their own testimony, they never spent Garth's donation. They never built the womens center and they just were seemingly holding onto half a million dollars and not doing anything with it, except maybe collecting interest in a bank account.

I imagine that there will be an appeal. If that is the case, I see the amount of punitive coming down.

I don't think asking for a donation back when the center isn't getting built and the money isn't being spent is slimy (again, but Integris' own testimony, this is what was going on --- donation NOT spent, new center NOT built).

However, it will be interesting to see if Garth now goes forward with helping another area hospital with a womens center in his mom's honor, of it he uses the money an ivory back scratcher to his Owasso ranch. Either way, it's none of my business.

Sorry, I was being too general in my reply. Boss keeps coming by...

Here’s the story really fast and with broad strokes

Garth sent in $500,000 anonymously
Anonymously sent in donations can be used however the organization wants (This is important)
He calls in with stipulations soon after the donation
Wants his mom’s name on a building

Integris gives 3 options
A. 15 million to build one with your name on it.
B. $500,000 will get her name on a wing.
C. $1,000,000 gets her name on a building that already exists.
They show him plans of buildings for option A.

2008 rolls around
Economy Crash
Turns out Garth needs some money for an investment (Pettiness from here on out)
Garth wants money back
Integris would like him to work for it
Garth pouts
Garth Sues
Garth Wins

He wasn't swindled or forced to give money.

CobraKai
1/26/2012, 03:43 PM
Sorry, I was being too general in my reply. Boss keeps coming by...

Here’s the story really fast and with broad strokes

Garth sent in $500,000 anonymously
Anonymously sent in donations can be used however the organization wants (This is important)
He calls in with stipulations soon after the donation
Wants his mom’s name on a building

Integris gives 3 options
A. 15 million to build one with your name on it.
B. $500,000 will get her name on a wing.
C. $1,000,000 gets her name on a building that already exists.
They show him plans of buildings for option A.

2008 rolls around
Economy Crash
Turns out Garth needs some money for an investment (Pettiness from here on out)
Garth wants money back
Integris would like him to work for it
Garth pouts
Garth Sues
Garth Wins

He wasn't swindled or forced to give money.

I have family members at Integris, as well as a family member working for one of the law firms involved, so I've heard a little behind the scenes stuff. The description of events above is pretty much spot on.

sooner59
1/28/2012, 02:44 AM
Sooner59, this ain't no "small hospital" this is a big boy Integris...multi-million for profit hospital entity. Got no love for Garth, but this one reeks of neither side having the "truth" and both letting a jury decide the "truth". I can't believe there wasn't something in writing and such...Sounds like the company was being a tool about the whole deal, but I am sure ole Garth has a few liberties in there as well...

Agreed. I was wrong. I forgot that Integris owns a lot of hospitals. That particular one was small. Integris is big. What the people in subsequent posts noted was what I heard in a nutshell. I am neutral about Garth. Like some songs, care nothing about the rest of his career. I do know that people around here (and I live in Owasso currently) lose their mind to stick up for Garth. I don't care so I am more interested in the whole story. I will say that I don't know the whole story, but what I have heard really sounds like Garth's story is very suspect.

Flagstaffsooner
1/28/2012, 03:22 AM
Regardless, Garth Brooks is an aggie and he sucks.

yermom
1/28/2012, 08:45 AM
Regardless, Garth Brooks is an aggie and he sucks.

this is the most important thing to remember here

if he donated anonymously, why didn't just say "thanks" and be done with it?

sounds like they were morons sending emails back and forth. i guess after having to dig up emails, etc... for the feds a few times, i know better.

Turd_Ferguson
1/28/2012, 08:55 AM
I have family members at Integris, as well as a family member working for one of the law firms involved, so I've heard a little behind the scenes stuff. The description of events above is pretty much spot on.I have the same as what you stated above and your full of ****...

StoopTroup
1/28/2012, 12:09 PM
I find it hard to believe that rich people who give such donations do it so they can later sue for it back plus get juries to give them damages.

It seems to me that if a guy gives you that much money you hire a guy to make sure there is someone kissing his *** and making sure he is happy and satisfied.

I don't care about the details. Don't take people's money and expect nothing in return. That's just not the World we live in.

Midtowner
1/28/2012, 12:20 PM
I have family members at Integris, as well as a family member working for one of the law firms involved, so I've heard a little behind the scenes stuff. The description of events above is pretty much spot on.

Riiiiight... Integris had those facts as a defense and just didn't use them, right? Saving it for the appeal?

There was a jury which saw all the evidence and was so PO'd by Integris' behavior that they dinged 'em for punitive damages. That's a pretty rare move for a jury in Oklahoma.

CobraKai
1/29/2012, 01:24 AM
Riiiiight... Integris had those facts as a defense and just didn't use them, right? Saving it for the appeal?

There was a jury which saw all the evidence and was so PO'd by Integris' behavior that they dinged 'em for punitive damages. That's a pretty rare move for a jury in Oklahoma.

Yes. The OJ trial taught us that a jury always gets it right.

StoopTroup
1/29/2012, 01:48 AM
The OJ Trial taught us that even being a bad actor with a lot of money could buy you freedom from a mass murder conviction in California.

Not sure what it had to do with an Oklahoma Jury.

It's more to do with an Oklahoma jury getting this right and you pointing out that California is really messed up.

sooner59
1/29/2012, 02:57 AM
The thing that got me was that I couldn't believe the behavior by Integris. Who in their right mind would have gone to the lengths to make this that public and against an Oklahoma icon for crying out loud. People have important jobs that normally keeps this stuff from happening. The only sane explanation is that Integris was so angry at Garth (for whatever reason) that they said "**** it"....they knew he was going to get his money back because he wanted it back and he was Garth Brooks. So they made him at least work for it. What doesn't make sense is....why? Garth had to have done "something" to make them act like that. Otherwise, they would kissing his *** and doing everything they could to make him happy in hopes that he subsequently donates more. That's how the game works. That...in and of its self...is why I have an extremely hard time believing that Integris just acted as an evil corporation trying to steal money from a simple Oklahoma man (who happens to be maybe the most famous Oklahoman alive). It just doesn't make sense. I absolutely believe that the "articles" about the trial don't tell everything about what actually happened. We won't ever know exactly what happened, but I will forget this whole occurrence aside from believing that both parties probably acted in a way that would make me shake my head and they made a dispute very public that never needed to be that public. Both came away seeming somewhat justified and somewhat petty. Whatever. OU just beat K-State in bball. That is a bigger headline in my book any day.

StoopTroup
1/29/2012, 05:44 AM
The same thing that's wrong with a lot of businesses. They are mismanaged by people who think their poo don't stink and think they have the clout to just cost the Company a half million.

When they suddenly have the board of directors call for their resignation they realize they will be sitting in the park M-F talking to the squirrels about that job they used to have that that Damn Garth Brooks cost them.

Either that or they find a hobby and start riding horses in Glenpool and later Garth writes a funny song about them and gets another Country Western Award for his Third or fourth Comeback Tour and then buys a Hospital and puts his Mother's name on it.

C&CDean
1/29/2012, 11:51 AM
The thing that got me was that I couldn't believe the behavior by Integris. Who in their right mind would have gone to the lengths to make this that public and against an Oklahoma icon for crying out loud. People have important jobs that normally keeps this stuff from happening. The only sane explanation is that Integris was so angry at Garth (for whatever reason) that they said "**** it"....they knew he was going to get his money back because he wanted it back and he was Garth Brooks. So they made him at least work for it. What doesn't make sense is....why? Garth had to have done "something" to make them act like that. Otherwise, they would kissing his *** and doing everything they could to make him happy in hopes that he subsequently donates more. That's how the game works. That...in and of its self...is why I have an extremely hard time believing that Integris just acted as an evil corporation trying to steal money from a simple Oklahoma man (who happens to be maybe the most famous Oklahoman alive). It just doesn't make sense. I absolutely believe that the "articles" about the trial don't tell everything about what actually happened. We won't ever know exactly what happened, but I will forget this whole occurrence aside from believing that both parties probably acted in a way that would make me shake my head and they made a dispute very public that never needed to be that public. Both came away seeming somewhat justified and somewhat petty. Whatever. OU just beat K-State in bball. That is a bigger headline in my book any day.

Dude, I'm sure you've made some cogent points in your last few posts, but it's hard to tell. Why? Paragraphs. They're your friend.

sooner59
1/29/2012, 01:11 PM
Dude, I'm sure you've made some cogent points in your last few posts, but it's hard to tell. Why? Paragraphs. They're your friend.

I was pretty drunk. I'm amazed that it even made sense.

Ton Loc
1/29/2012, 02:12 PM
You guys are funny as hell. I've never seen so much acceptance of a story in our crappy newspaper about a guy who has been known to be a bit of an ***, is an aggie, had the trial in his backyard, and has been known to have money problems.

He gave money without understanding the rules.
Integris tried to help him out.
It got out of hand.
The rest is just pure nonsense.

No way in hell he should get another 500k in punitive damages. just give him his money back and everyone go their separate ways.

BTW - Turd - you don't know your first name about this story.

badger
1/29/2012, 04:07 PM
Yes. The OJ trial taught us that a jury always gets it right.

It showed that lawyers are sometimes worth every penny.

badger
1/29/2012, 04:09 PM
The same thing that's wrong with a lot of businesses. They are mismanaged by people who think their poo don't stink and think they have the clout to just cost the Company a half million.

When they suddenly have the board of directors call for their resignation they realize they will be sitting in the park M-F talking to the squirrels about that job they used to have that that Damn Garth Brooks cost them.

Either that or they find a hobby and start riding horses in Glenpool and later Garth writes a funny song about them and gets another Country Western Award for his Third or fourth Comeback Tour and then buys a Hospital and puts his Mother's name on it.

That email about making Garth work to get his donation back was probably what pushed the jury over the edge in punitive damages and a 100 percent return of the original donation. I'd say that guy that wrote it might want to get his resume updated or just resign before he's personally held responsible for this award.

Okla-homey
1/29/2012, 05:31 PM

Then please tell them your family members, next time, do not take something like this to trial. You settle it, as early and as quietly as possible. sheesh. Now I'm gonna have to check and see who Defendant Integris' lawyer was. Because he sure as hell ain't no Okie trial lawyer. I'm guessing he's some kind of transactional lawyer.

Ton Loc
1/29/2012, 05:39 PM
Don't know if it is this case with integrity, but my hospital has a foundation that actively solicits donations. I have found that just because the foundation says something, doesn't mean that the hospital or higher ups will follow through.

This could not be more true.

badger
1/29/2012, 07:29 PM
Don't know if it is this case with integrity, but my hospital has a foundation that actively solicits donations. I have found that just because the foundation says something, doesn't mean that the hospital or higher ups will follow through.

As a complete aside, I will never donate to any non-profit that solicits via phone... not only because phone solicitors are annoying, but also because those non-profits usually use a company that keeps a portion of whatever you donate, so a good chunk of your donation isn't even going to the non-profit.

yermom
1/29/2012, 09:53 PM
that and they sell your info to other non-profits, because then you start getting called by every other place that knows you are on the sucker list

StoopTroup
1/29/2012, 10:04 PM
Then please tell them your family members, next time, do not take something like this to trial. You settle it, as early and as quietly as possible. sheesh. Now I'm gonna have to check and see who Defendant Integris' lawyer was. Because he sure as hell ain't no Okie trial lawyer. I'm guessing he's some kind of transactional lawyer.

Homey....did you miss the part where they wanted Garth to work for it?

Funny as hell they put the judge and some Jurors to work too......LMAO.

Is this one of those trials they will use to teach law students about? You know like "Garth Brooks vs Guys who thought they had integrity"?

8timechamps
1/29/2012, 10:20 PM
It got out of hand.

No way in hell he should get another 500k in punitive damages. just give him his money back and everyone go their separate ways.

I think this sums it's up pretty well. Although, I'm not giving Integris a pass, because they clearly could have handled it better.

CobraKai
1/30/2012, 10:08 AM
You guys are funny as hell. I've never seen so much acceptance of a story in our crappy newspaper about a guy who has been known to be a bit of an ***, is an aggie, had the trial in his backyard, and has been known to have money problems.

It got out of hand.

BTW - Turd - you don't know your first name about this story.

Exactly. Those saying otherwise are ignorant of the facts, or are just Garth fans and don't really care what the real story is. Garth wanted naming rights for $500,000. Integris said naming rights on a new building costs $14 million, but you can get a wing for $500,000. Integris should have given the "anonomous" donation back.

Just like in the OJ trial, juries don't always get it right, particularly when you are dealing with a local legend and icon.

CobraKai
1/30/2012, 10:22 AM

Integris' attorneys are Oklahoma-based Crowe & Dunleavy. I think it is safe to say they advised a settlement. Obviously both parties must agree to settle.

TheUnnamedSooner
1/30/2012, 02:15 PM
I'm just posting because Garth Brooks is mentioned in my sig.

Oldnslo
1/31/2012, 03:46 PM
Homey is right. Integris was rep'd (in part) by a guy I know. He's a transactional/business lawyer. I'm not aware of anyone at C & D who is known for trial skillz. (That isn't to say that they don't have someone; it's that I don't know if they do).

CobraKai
2/1/2012, 10:44 AM
Homey is right. Integris was rep'd (in part) by a guy I know. He's a transactional/business lawyer. I'm not aware of anyone at C & D who is known for trial skillz. (That isn't to say that they don't have someone; it's that I don't know if they do).

They have a litigation department as well. I know at least one of the Integris attys is a litigator, although I have know idea if they are good at it or not. They represent several hospitals, so I would imagine a lot of their litigation work is medical malpractice.

Midtowner
2/1/2012, 11:26 AM
They have a litigation department as well. I know at least one of the Integris attys is a litigator, although I have know idea if they are good at it or not. They represent several hospitals, so I would imagine a lot of their litigation work is medical malpractice.

I doubt they do much medmal litigation. That's almost entirely the province of insurance defense firms. They may have a litigation team to help coordinate and deal with various insurance defense firms and their various suits, but the insurance lawyers will be doing the actual trial work. It's smart for Integris to have their own attorneys though because the insurance defense guys work for their insurance companies, not the insureds. Their interests mostly align, but not always.

According to OSCN, the attorneys who did the trial work were Peter W. Brolick, John M. Hickey and Lisa Riggs for the Plaintiff and Alexander King and Terry Thomas for the Defendant. Both of the defendant's attorneys are with Crowe. All of the Plaintiff's attorneys were with Riggs Abney. Goliath vs. Goliath.

CobraKai
2/1/2012, 12:43 PM
I doubt they do much medmal litigation. That's almost entirely the province of insurance defense firms. They may have a litigation team to help coordinate and deal with various insurance defense firms and their various suits, but the insurance lawyers will be doing the actual trial work. It's smart for Integris to have their own attorneys though because the insurance defense guys work for their insurance companies, not the insureds. Their interests mostly align, but not always.

According to OSCN, the attorneys who did the trial work were Peter W. Brolick, John M. Hickey and Lisa Riggs for the Plaintiff and Alexander King and Terry Thomas for the Defendant. Both of the defendant's attorneys are with Crowe. All of the Plaintiff's attorneys were with Riggs Abney. Goliath vs. Goliath.

Makes sense. Those were indeed the attorneys. One of them is my cousin. :)

Okla-homey
2/4/2012, 08:50 AM
the insurance defense guys work for their insurance companies, not the insureds. Their interests mostly align, but not always.

Bullsh*t. Pure, unadulterated bullsh*t.