PDA

View Full Version : JUCO RB Damien Williams

8timechamps
1/24/2012, 05:33 PM
Looks like he had a great visit to Norman, and felt "at home" with the Cali trio (Nelson, Stills and Clay). Damien Williams is originally from San Diego. He said

“The fans, wow, I love the fans out there, everybody knew who I was. In San Diego and Yuma [Ariz.], it’s not like that at all. I can tell that Sooner fans really take their football seriously.

“I’ve never experienced something where everywhere I went, people knew who I was and what my story was. It surprised me."

Williams is a big back (6'0" 210 lbs), and as a JUCO transfer (Arizona Western College) could come in and contribute immediately. Williams has offers from Arkansas, Arizona State (where he had initially committed), Oklahoma, Oregon State, Tennessee and Texas Tech. It appears as if Williams will become the Sooners' third RB commit.

BoomerJ
1/25/2012, 02:05 PM
He's at Tech this weekend. Then he'll announce. I think we get him.

8timechamps
1/25/2012, 09:45 PM
I'd be surprised if we lose him, but you never know. He's the most likely new RB to see immediate action next season.

birddog
1/30/2012, 10:48 AM
anything new on him?

8timechamps
1/30/2012, 04:54 PM
anything new on him?

Not that I know. I'm surprised he hasn't committed. It's either because he want to make a big announcement Wednesday, or Tech got in his ear and he's not sure now. I thought (and still think) he'd be a lock for OU.