PDA

View Full Version : Ravens touchdown that WASN'T ALLOWED

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/23/2012, 06:22 PM
Flacco's throw late in the game with the Pats yesterday. Guy catches the ball, and has control of it in the end zone. That's a TD! Then, the DB knocks the ball outa his hands. The ref then says incomplete. I then say WTF, WTF, WTF?!?!?!?!? I actually was kinda wanting the Pats to win, but I still say WTF!

1/23/2012, 06:31 PM
I have heard several pundits discuss this play, but nobody I've heard has even tried to explain why it was ruled an incompletion. Without additional knowledge about it, perhaps it was that the receiver only took one step before the DB stripped out the ball. Maybe he's supposed to take a second step... What has got me baffled is that the receiver had both feet on the ground IN THE END ZONE, when he caught the ball, and had control of it with both hands.

nighttrain12
1/25/2012, 12:01 AM
I think if you look at the replay (that I haven't seen since right after it happened), he caught the ball with both feet in the air, then one foot came down, then the DB dislodged the ball from the receivers hand and he started juggling it before his second foot came down, then he dropped it. It was pretty clear cut on slow mo replay.

1/25/2012, 12:55 AM
I think if you look at the replay (that I haven't seen since right after it happened), he caught the ball with both feet in the air, then one foot came down, then the DB dislodged the ball from the receivers hand and he started juggling it before his second foot came down, then he dropped it. It was pretty clear cut on slow mo replay.Well, IF that's the case, then it's a good call, but I contend that it didn't happen that way, of course. Maybe it's on youtube? In any case, I was further surprised that it wasn't challenged by the Ravens.

nighttrain12
1/25/2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah, look it up on YouTube or another such site. That was such a critical play that will haunt the Ravens forever.

1/26/2012, 09:50 AM
From an article in the Washington Post online:

Ravens coach John Harbaugh thought the play should have been reviewed, but because coaches can’t ask for a review in the last two minutes of a half, he was powerless.

“Obviously, in that situation I thought they would look at it,” he said, “but they didn’t. I have not talked to anybody, didn’t get a chance to, so I don’t know what the explanation is on that.”

1/26/2012, 10:08 AM
I concede. Looks like he WAS in the air when he caught the ball, then came down with one foot, the the ball stripped before he planted the second foot. http://sportshl.com/football/Evans_dropped_pass_costs_Ravens/1121056