PDA

View Full Version : My plumbing sucks...

Fraggle145
1/22/2012, 04:49 PM
So today all of my showers have backed up with water. My toilets will still flush, but the water isnt showing when I open up the cleanout outside to see if the water is going past. I've put the liquid plumber down all three drains and still no luck. I tried running a snake up there, from the cleanout side but I cant get that damn thing to go in the damn pipe very far.

Anyone got any suggestions? Or is a plumber, lives in the Norman area and wants some business?

I called up Leon's plumbing for an appointment tomorrow (but that can be easily changed)... FML.

Turd_Ferguson
1/22/2012, 06:45 PM
I thought this was going to be about you and Chuck's last meat up...

Seriously, it could be a clogged vent. Just let the plumber figger it out...

badger
1/22/2012, 07:03 PM
Just let the plumber figger it out...

This. In-laws once came by for a holiday and during the course of holiday food prep, more food went down the drain than it should have. Some company with rooter in its name ran a snake waaaay deep in the pipe to ensure that it was food-free.

Be prepared to pay $100-$150 for the trip though, even if the guy is in and out in less than 20 mins, though, be forewarned.

cleller
1/23/2012, 09:09 AM
Yep. Rooter time.

olevetonahill
1/23/2012, 09:20 AM
I thought this was going to be about you and Chuck's last meat up...

Seriously, it could be a clogged vent. Just let the plumber figger it out...
Yup. Vent Prob
Get up on the roof and run a snake down the vent thats closest to the showers
Prolly clogged with leaves or sompun

Fraggle145
1/23/2012, 11:27 AM
Damn roots again. Well actually I had two clogs. One between the house and the clean out and one between the clean out and the sewer. The clog in the house probably had multiple causes. Anyway ran me about $150. Getting this **** done every couple of years blows. Anyone know a good root killer?

pphilfran
1/23/2012, 12:06 PM
Damn roots again. Well actually I had two clogs. One between the house and the clean out and one between the clean out and the sewer. The clog in the house probably had multiple causes. Anyway ran me about $150. Getting this **** done every couple of years blows. Anyone know a good root killer?

Imo root killers are a waste....what kind of tree you got giving you trouble? How close is it to the sewer?

More than likely it is a crap tree and your best bet is to yank that sucker out...the tree, not your wang...

badger
1/23/2012, 01:10 PM
Salting the earth, or sowing with salt, is the ritual of spreading salt on conquered cities to symbolize a curse on their re-inhabitation. It originated as a practice in the ancient Near East and became a well-established folkloric motif in the Middle Ages.

:D Conquer those weeds!

Fraggle145
1/23/2012, 04:53 PM
The only trees close are in the neighbors yard. I think one is a pecan and the other is a **** tree. Both are unyankable though.

Badg actually one of the plumbers said to just put some rock salt down the drain pretty often and it will dissolve and make the dirt in and around the pipes less root friendly.

badger
1/23/2012, 05:05 PM
Badg actually one of the plumbers said to just put some rock salt down the drain pretty often and it will dissolve and make the dirt in and around the pipes less root friendly.

On occasion I offer good advice :)

Flagstaffsooner
1/25/2012, 12:30 PM
Dig a trench along the property line and whack the roots with an ax.

pphilfran
1/25/2012, 12:34 PM
Dig a trench along the property line and whack the roots with an ax.

Or a drill with a half inch bit and a bottle of roundup....