PDA

View Full Version : When Bob's ready to hang it up in a couple years, best candidate to replace him?

soonerboy_odanorth
1/21/2012, 12:15 AM
BRENT VENABLES

I am so looking forward to that moment. The haters meltdown will be priceless...

nighttrain12
1/21/2012, 12:45 AM
I think he has another 10 years left so the most likely candidate is probably someone not on the radar at the moment.

agoo758
1/21/2012, 01:10 AM
BRENT VENABLES

I am so looking forward to that moment. The haters meltdown will be priceless...

I love how guys like you who criticize us for suggesting that Venables might be doing a few things wrong would love to see him become the head coach just to watch us melt down as opposed to a finding the right guy for the job. That is why it makes me laugh when you call people like us "non fans",

olevetonahill
1/21/2012, 01:56 AM
I love how guys like you who criticize us for suggesting that Venables might be doing a few things wrong would love to see him become the head coach just to watch us melt down as opposed to a finding the right guy for the job. That is why it makes me laugh when you call people like us "non fans",

How do you know Brent wouldnt be "The Right Guy"?

stoopified
1/21/2012, 10:50 AM
fIRST OFF iI THINK BOB WILL BE AROUND AT LEAST ANOTHER 5 YEARS,SECONDLY EVERYONE KNOWS HEUPEL IS THE ANOINTED ONE.

ObiKaTony
1/21/2012, 11:13 AM
BRENT VENABLES

Stoopified is one of those that "suggested" Venebles should stay blah blah blah. Now that Bob confirmed what every knowledgeable fan knew to be true (Mike would come back, and Venebles would be shoved out the door) his ego just shrank from Rocky Calmus to Q. Griffin so now he is angry, and making outlandish statements... It's quite pathetic

sooneredaco
1/21/2012, 11:42 AM
Guys hate to break it to you under such circumstances, but I am the coach in waiting. Deal with it a holes. I'm here to stay, I am immortal and will be the next coach always and forever

agoo758
1/21/2012, 03:20 PM
How do you know Brent wouldnt be "The Right Guy"?

I don't know that. He might be. I just wish people would stop calling out everyone who has criticized him on this forum. That's all

Jacie
1/21/2012, 03:32 PM
So we won't try to get Mack Brown to return to OU?

JiuJitsuSooner
1/21/2012, 03:34 PM
Some guys are better Coordinators than Head Coaches, but this may sound weird, I think Brent would be a better Head Coach than he is a coordinator

Sooner5030
1/21/2012, 04:09 PM
^^^^

I think Brent's strengths and weaknesses are more closely aligned with attributes needed in a head coach. Less Xs/Os...more diplomacy, recruiting, and management

MamaMia
1/21/2012, 06:41 PM
fIRST OFF iI THINK BOB WILL BE AROUND AT LEAST ANOTHER 5 YEARS,SECONDLY EVERYONE KNOWS HEUPEL IS THE ANOINTED ONE.I think we would be a better team if Josh were still on the sidelines as the QB coach. I believe putting him up in the booth was premature.

Scott D
1/21/2012, 08:42 PM
What happened to the lunatics that insisted that it be Mike Leach?

C&CDean
1/21/2012, 09:03 PM
I weep for some of you dumb ****s.

olevetonahill
1/21/2012, 09:06 PM
I weep for some of you dumb ****s.
Just cause I be stupid dont mean I want Yo Pity .

soonerboy_odanorth
1/22/2012, 12:04 AM
I love how guys like you who criticize us for suggesting that Venables be run out of town on a rail ,and if he refuses to leave burned at the stake, would love to see him become the head coach just to watch us melt down when we realize he is the right guy for the job. That is why it makes me laugh when you accurately call people like us assh0les

FIFY

soonerboy_odanorth
1/22/2012, 12:13 AM
I don't know that. He might be. I just wish people would stop calling out everyone who has criticized him on this forum. That's all

Man you cry like a b1tch! What's the matter, starting to hit you between the eyes that there's a chance Mike might not be as good without Venables as he was with him? And who's in this this great "us" consortium you've put together? You dumbasses that don't know your dicks from a football are in the minority. Sorry to burst your bubble, and sorry you're feeling so picked on. Maybe that should be your first clue to use your midget mind to master breathing before you open that **** hole under your nose for other purposes.

There. Feel better?

StoopTroup
1/22/2012, 03:06 AM
If Bob hasn't won a MNC in the next three years....you all will have run him off and he will be DC for Venables the HC at Clemson.

soonercoop1
1/22/2012, 09:15 AM
If we win another MNC by the time he leaves and Heupel is still O-coord then it will be Heupel...

StoopTroup
1/22/2012, 12:38 PM
It won't be anyone on the current Staff. You'll see OU find another Young guy. It a tradition to replace our guys with an interin HC from the staff then burn his House Down and Tar and Feather him.

This time we'll break tradition and get a guy that's doing well in a SEC School. SEC Coaches have Blazing Speed and Killer Defenses so look to find the lowest paid, youngest Coach in the SEC as our new HC if we look to replace Bob.

SoonerTerry
1/25/2012, 11:09 AM
If we win another MNC by the time he leaves and Heupel is still O-coord then it will be Heupel...

I remember Heupel playing, and I never saw him look to the sidelines for a play. If he didn't like the defensive set or saw something the O could exploit he just changed the play himself.

You guys remember when the QB didn't look to the sidelines for the play because he was schooled enough to know what needed to be called..?.. man good times.

Curly Bill
1/25/2012, 11:22 AM
I just wanted to post in possibly the stupidest thread ever started on here. Ok...carry on.

TUSooner
1/25/2012, 11:31 AM
I just wanted to post in possibly the stupidest thread ever started on here. Ok...carry on.

Me too.

EDIT: I forgot the :biggrin: and :wink:. There have been much worse threads, this one is just kinda silly.

SoonerWarMachine#1
1/25/2012, 11:42 AM

ThanK You Curly Bill, finally someone with a full functioning brain!

goingoneight
1/25/2012, 11:56 AM
Stoopified is one of those that "suggested" Venebles should stay blah blah blah. Now that Bob confirmed what every knowledgeable fan knew to be true (Mike would come back, and Venebles would be shoved out the door) his ego just shrank from Rocky Calmus to Q. Griffin so now he is angry, and making outlandish statements... It's quite pathetic

You'd think even a half-way "knowledgeable" fan might know that we ponied up the dough to try and keep him inside our doors. Venables leaving was to better his career. If he was shoved out the door, at the very least he'd be searching for a job like Martinez. No, as much as three D1 programs with openings were rumored to have been after him. I hope Mike, BJW, Tish and Shipp can get our issues solved as much as anyone. But remember... a return is not always a triumphant one. See: David Cutcliffe.

Breadburner
1/25/2012, 12:13 PM
He will be replaced with someone....

setem
1/25/2012, 12:20 PM
DON'T TOUCH MY WIENER!

LVSOONER15
1/25/2012, 01:33 PM
He will be replaced with someone....

This.. I know for sure.