PDA

View Full Version : The Oklahoma Legislature Takes a Firm Stand Against Fetus Eating

Viking Kitten
1/20/2012, 05:04 PM
http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf/2011-12 INT/SB/SB1418 INT.DOC (http://
SENATE BILL 1418 By: Shortey

[U]AS INTRODUCED

An Act relating to food; prohibiting the manufacture or sale of food or products which use aborted human fetuses; providing for codification; and providing an effective date.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA:

SECTION 1. NEW LAW A new section of law to be codified in the Oklahoma Statutes as Section 1-1150 of Title 63, unless there is created a duplication in numbering, reads as follows:
No person or entity shall manufacture or knowingly sell food or any other product intended for human consumption which contains aborted human fetuses in the ingredients or which used aborted human fetuses in the research or development of any of the ingredients.
SECTION 2. This act shall become effective November 1, 2012.

[/Quote]

I know this has been a terrible problem in our state. In fact, fetus eating has gotten completely out of control. That's why I urge you to contact Sen. Ralph Shortey at (405) 521-5557, [email protected], and let him know you stand with him in stemming the tide of this onslaught of fetus eaters.

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2012, 05:06 PM
Feed him to the lions!

SanJoaquinSooner
1/20/2012, 05:11 PM
what next, caviar?

delhalew
1/20/2012, 05:17 PM
Great! Just when I get a line on black market fetuses. The man just won't let this cracker make a buck.

delhalew
1/20/2012, 05:19 PM
Seriously, you have to get out in front of the baby killing heathens.

starclassic tama
1/20/2012, 07:23 PM
okay so what's the real story with this

Midtowner
1/20/2012, 07:29 PM
It could be construed to forbid embryonic stem cell treatments... "any other product" is a big 'ol catch-all and "consumption" can mean a lot of things. It might be void for vagueness on that point.

That point aside, it looks like Shortey's going to make our state a laughing stock again when the national press runs with this thing. What a twit.

picasso
1/20/2012, 09:21 PM
That's pretty silly but it's no worse than say San Francisco telling you that you can't take your kids to Mickey D's. Yeah, lefties are dumb****s too.

Frozen Sooner
1/20/2012, 09:29 PM
There goes that fetus farm VK and Czar were working on.

soonerloyal
1/20/2012, 10:03 PM
That's pretty silly but it's no worse than say San Francisco telling you that you can't take your kids to Mickey D's. Yeah, lefties are dumb****s too.

This "Wullll...yew guys dew it toooooooo..." mantra never ceases to amuse.

Viking Kitten
1/20/2012, 11:44 PM

The difference is that fat kids are an actual problem, what with the Type II diabetes and the heart disease and the what have you. You can debate whether banning Happy Meals in an appropriate solution, but you can't deny it's a real problem. Fetus eating? Not a real problem. Imaginary. Made up. Magical thinking.

SicEmBaylor
1/21/2012, 12:25 AM
These feti are making me thirsty.

John Kochtoston
1/21/2012, 01:03 AM
Serious question, is this a shell bill? Legislators often put absurd language into a bill to beat the filing deadline, so it can be gutted for (allegedly) more serious stuff later.

Chuck Bao
1/21/2012, 01:22 AM
I'm not sure whether fetuses are like cow afterbirth. Its messy and you need gloves if you have to help the process. I'm also a bit weirded out when the cow starts licking the stuff off the newborn. Okay, that's my Okie perspective. What am I missing here?

Frozen Sooner
1/21/2012, 02:41 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/1992/04/19/us/abortion-foes-protest-burning-of-60-fetuses.html

Already been tried.

Was he burning them? Or Barbecueing them?

picasso
1/21/2012, 01:51 PM
burp

picasso
1/21/2012, 01:52 PM
This "Wullll...yew guys dew it toooooooo..." mantra never ceases to amuse.

That's because you live in a world of denial. An unrealistic place where you think your agenda and yours alone is the right stuff.
Just look at all of that sillyness in your sig. heh.

picasso
1/21/2012, 01:55 PM
The difference is that fat kids are an actual problem, what with the Type II diabetes and the heart disease and the what have you. You can debate whether banning Happy Meals in an appropriate solution, but you can't deny it's a real problem. Fetus eating? Not a real problem. Imaginary. Made up. Magical thinking.
Going outside can kill you. Going to school could possibly kill you too. I'm not a fan of the gubment putting it's stamp on everything. And I agree the fetus thing is plain silly but it certainly isn't the first time a bill was drawn up to cover a broad range of agendas.

picasso
1/21/2012, 01:56 PM
These feti are making me thirsty.
heh!

Okla-homey
1/22/2012, 01:28 PM
I note the bill is silent on eating placentas (a/k/a afterbirth). Some of your garden variety wierd-o moms on the left coast are into cooking and eating those things.

C&CDean
1/22/2012, 01:32 PM
I note the bill is silent on eating placentas (a/k/a afterbirth). Some of your garden variety wierd-o moms on the left coast are into cooking and eating those things.

Momma cows not only lick the slime off the newborn, they also eat the afterbirth. Watched it many, many times. If it's good enough for a cow, it's good enough for me dammit.

Okla-homey
1/22/2012, 02:19 PM
Momma cows not only lick the slime off the newborn, they also eat the afterbirth. Watched it many, many times. If it's good enough for a cow, it's good enough for me dammit.

No doubt bovines evolved to do that, like swine, felines and canines did, in order to clean up what would otherwise attract predators and signal there was a tasty young baby one in the neighborhood for the taking.

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2012, 02:23 PM
No doubt bovines evolved to do that, like swine, felines and canines did, in order to clean up what would otherwise attract predators and signal there was a tasty young baby one in the neighborhood for the taking.
Same with west coast mothers -- there are a lot of asian restaurants in California.

GDC
1/22/2012, 08:19 PM
http://www.flashinthepan.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/placenta_helper-197x300.jpg

Petro-Sooner
1/22/2012, 09:14 PM
I don't know why they call that palcenta helper. It does just fine on it's own.

8timechamps
1/22/2012, 11:55 PM
****! Just about the time I think I've seen or read it all on the internets, some **** like this pops up. WHY IN THE **** would you need a law like this? Do you need someone to tell you it's against the law to eat your own foot? I'm flabbergasted. (oh yeah bitches, flabbergasted!)

OULenexaman
1/23/2012, 08:24 AM
This thread goes great with my Monday AM coffee...

SoonerTerry
1/23/2012, 11:06 AM
There goes that fetus farm VK and Czar were working on.

Hey Froz did you make it through the storms last night?

SoonerTerry
1/23/2012, 11:08 AM
Does this bill outlaw the taking of medications that have been derived from fetal(?) stem cell research?

FirstandGoal
1/23/2012, 11:14 AM
Does this bill outlaw the taking of medications that have been derived from fetal(?) stem cell research?

This is exactly where I see this whole thing going.

Midtowner
1/23/2012, 11:21 AM

I said that back in post #7. I think that's precisely where this thing is going though. The word "consumption," given a broad definition could very easily include stem cell treatments and treatments derived from fetal stem cells. As has happened in the past, it's most likely that the scientific community will rally and our Speaker, who is a Chamber of Commerce conservative and not a social conservative (except at election time), will keep this bill from the floor, or even more likely, it'll die in committee.

SoonerTerry
1/23/2012, 11:27 AM
I said that back in post #7. I think that's precisely where this thing is going though. The word "consumption," given a broad definition could very easily include stem cell treatments and treatments derived from fetal stem cells. As has happened in the past, it's most likely that the scientific community will rally and our Speaker, who is a Chamber of Commerce conservative and not a social conservative (except at election time), will keep this bill from the floor, or even more likely, it'll die in committee.

hhmm some strange irony there

Midtowner
1/23/2012, 11:54 AM
hhmm some strange irony there

Eh?

Viking Kitten
1/23/2012, 11:58 AM
You would hope something this idiotic wouldn't even get a hearing in committee, but they've gotten super wacky over there, and it is an election year. Shortey is not up for re-election, but I imagine this will get assigned to Business and Commerce, and its chair, Dan Newberry, IS up this year.

Ike
1/23/2012, 12:25 PM
This is part of what I love about this state. Our ability to (legislatively) solve problems is inversely proportional to the extent that the problem exists.

virginiasooner
1/24/2012, 05:21 PM
What part of the state is Shortey from? They must be so proud! Glad to hear that there is full employment, high-speed internet for all, and perfectly paved roads that the Lege can take up moronic trivialities like this.

Viking Kitten
1/24/2012, 05:26 PM
South Oklahoma City. He campaigned as "The candidate NOT endorsed by the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce." Nice. I also serve on a civic board with him, and once heard him brag about dodging the media. He's an a**hole.

Wishboned
1/24/2012, 06:45 PM
What I want to know is when the state senate is going to confront the hot button issue that is...

cat juggling

8qbc2J0zZr8

SicEmBaylor
1/24/2012, 08:02 PM
South Oklahoma City. He campaigned as "The candidate NOT endorsed by the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce." Nice. I also serve on a civic board with him, and once heard him brag about dodging the media. He's an a**hole.

Who wouldn't want to dodge the media? They're like a plague of rats -- the only thing to do with them is avoid them.

Present company excluded of course, you're a lovely lady VK. :D

Viking Kitten
1/24/2012, 08:26 PM
Politicians only dodge the media when they have something to hide. Even Sally Kern has the balls to face reporters.

FirstandGoal
1/25/2012, 09:34 AM
What I want to know is when the state senate is going to confront the hot button issue that is...

cat juggling

8qbc2J0zZr8

Those Bastards!

Viking Kitten
1/25/2012, 10:23 AM
Well, now we know why Shortey dodges the media. Because when they finally get to him answer a question, he is exposed for the doofus he is.

In today's DOK (http://newsok.com/bill-would-outlaw-using-embryonic-stem-cells-in-food-testing/article/3643203)

"I heard about it on the internet! Derp de derp!"

Pricetag
1/25/2012, 10:39 AM
Man, anything with an "R" by it got elected in 2010.

OUDoc
1/26/2012, 09:01 AM
He's a moron.

OULenexaman
1/26/2012, 09:19 AM
Dude looks like he's eatin many a wafers in his days....he is one whacked out mother ****er.

Ike
1/26/2012, 09:57 AM
Well, now we know why Shortey dodges the media. Because when they finally get to him answer a question, he is exposed for the doofus he is.

In today's DOK (http://newsok.com/bill-would-outlaw-using-embryonic-stem-cells-in-food-testing/article/3643203)

"I heard about it on the internet! Derp de derp!"

I also heard on the internet that Ralph Shorty was caught bumping uglies with Rick Santorum a few years ago.

Viking Kitten
1/26/2012, 10:36 AM
BLECH! Anyone have some clorox for my brain?

Fraggle145
1/26/2012, 12:54 PM
http://gawker.com/5879254/which-companies-are-using-aborted-human-fetuses-in-their-food

KantoSooner
1/27/2012, 03:37 PM
Cat Juggling....

I laughed so hard, I wept.

I finally know what the little rascals are good for. AND I have the fireplace gauntlets to make it feasible!

Viking Kitten
1/30/2012, 04:19 PM
Shortey made the Onion:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/oklahoma-bill-would-ban-use-of-fetuses-in-food,27194/

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/30/2012, 10:22 PM
He made Pinterest too. I think he is onto something. Meat Babies:

http://pinterest.com/pin/2603712254352521/