PDA

View Full Version : The Religious Right

SoonerNate
1/19/2012, 02:07 PM
Are neither. I mean c'mon, open marriages? Do as we say not as we do right Newt? What a ****ing hypocrite piece of ****.

ictsooner7
1/19/2012, 02:16 PM
Are neither. I mean c'mon, open marriages? Do as we say not as we do right Newt? What a ****ing hypocrite piece of ****.

………waiting for the obligatory..BUT CLINTON!

You didn't even mention having his kids stick up for him.

OULenexaman
1/19/2012, 02:17 PM
I miss something??

SanJoaquinSooner
1/19/2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?163848-PubFest-2012&p=3443318&highlight=#post3443318

47straight
1/19/2012, 02:29 PM

It's not like he pumped articles claiming his wife didn't actually have her babies. Then he'd be a hypocrite and a wingnut!

47straight
1/19/2012, 02:30 PM
I miss something??

Newt's ex-wife on the rampage.

KantoSooner
1/19/2012, 03:36 PM
Or it could be like Santorum's wife....who was shacked up for five years with an abortion doc.
Now THERE's some prime steady moral compass heading.

ictsooner7
1/19/2012, 03:48 PM
It's not like he pumped articles claiming his wife didn't actually have her babies. Then he'd be a hypocrite and a wingnut!

You two belong together.

badger
1/19/2012, 04:56 PM

Agree, yes. Newt was indeed hypocritical because of how he attacked then-President Clinton for his infidelity while acting as Speaker of the House... while doing his own infidelity on the side. It's sad and pathetic all the way around.

But, one thing that I've seen, and I think my fellow female posters would strongly agree, is if a girl is foolish enough to chase after a married man or one in a strong relationship and expect this man to be faithful to her after divorce or breaking off the previous relationship... then she is a d@mn fool. This woman had been proposed to Newt while he was still married to his first wife! C'mon :(

And voters would be d@mn fools themselves to believe he wouldn't do it again, regardless of his age or current marriage.

To quote W: "Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me twice don't fool me again."

DON'T FOOL ME AGAIN! :P

:mad:

47straight
1/19/2012, 05:56 PM
You two belong together.

Do you have the mirror all picked out? $20 is my limit.

ictsooner7
1/19/2012, 06:02 PM

and neither have I. Typical of an ignorant teabagger, changing the claim to something I didn't do.

You act like "pumping articles" is like voting for bush............TWICE.

SicEmBaylor
1/19/2012, 06:05 PM
I'd like to collectively feed the religious right to the lions in Rome.

47straight
1/19/2012, 08:13 PM
and neither have I. Typical of an ignorant teabagger, changing the claim to something I didn't do.

You act like "pumping articles" is like voting for bush............TWICE.

How about this one?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Over-the-Door-Mirror/16616115?ci_sku=16616115&ci_src=14110944&sourceid=1500000000000003260370

Don't you have some Alex Jones articles to be posting?

47straight
1/19/2012, 08:15 PM

Collectively, as in the whole lot of them get fed to the lions, or collectively, as in the government or your fraternal society or whatever group does the job?

LiveLaughLove
1/19/2012, 09:03 PM
I dont think very many on the "religious right" have ever considered Newt to be a genuine Christian. At least those that I know (which are many many) have never supported him personally.

He has always been a politician first to me.

I have a friend that was mayor of a mid sized town on the California coast. She went to lobby congress for her city. She said it was the most decadent place she has ever seen, and she quit politics shortly after having been there. She said it completely demoralized her. It was people from both sides of the aisle, btw.

As a Christian, I tend to be able to tell fairly genuine Christians and those that just claim it. There are some, not a lot.

Just as there are some liberal politicans that truly care about helping the poor, yet most are just after the power that voting block gives them, and they could not care less about poor people. There is enough hypocrisy on both sides to float a boat. No one has claim to superior motives.

OhU1
1/19/2012, 09:25 PM

I can give an amen to that my Baylor brother.

SicEmBaylor
1/19/2012, 09:26 PM
Collectively, as in the whole lot of them get fed to the lions, or collectively, as in the government or your fraternal society or whatever group does the job?
Me personally. It'll take awhile, but I'd take real joy in the work.

AlboSooner
1/19/2012, 09:33 PM
Newt is not part of the religious right. Newt is a neo-con.

SicEmBaylor
1/19/2012, 09:39 PM
The religious right is part of the neoconservative movement. It didn't start out that way, but it certainly is the case now.

AlboSooner
1/19/2012, 09:50 PM
Yes. But there are neo-cons who are not religious. Newt and Rove come to mind.

SicEmBaylor
1/19/2012, 10:01 PM
Absolutely, but the religious right's rabid and irrational support for Israel coalesces with the neocon's global and mid-east agenda. That's what started the melding of the two factions, but now the religious right (even if they don't openly say it) views an aggressive militaristic mid-east policy as a religious holy war.

Sooner5030
1/19/2012, 11:35 PM
I couldn't sit next to a “religious right” person (whatever that is) for more than probably 1 minute. Once you made a religious comment I'd either politely walk away or tell you to F-yourself depending on my attitude that day.

With that said I'm not exactly scared of the “religious right” police conducting a no-knock warrant at my door. I'm not overly worried about religious folks forcing me at gunpoint or with threats of imprisonment to submit to their religion and practices.

I am worried about the ATF storming my property because I happen to ferment and maybe distill grains in order to store and preserve the energy they have in them. I am worried about the USDA or health department arresting me for drinking raw milk. I am worried about the local municipality enforcing an ordinance that requires me to pay to connect to their water/sewer even though I may have a well/septic that works fine.

I am worried about the demands of a mob (the majority) that wants more from the government for which they pay nothing or very little for the services it provides.

I am more afraid of the local HOA than I am of the “religious right”.

What the f-ck did the religious right do to people that makes everyone so mad?

Some of you need to find a new boogie man.

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2012, 12:03 AM
I couldn't sit next to a “religious right” person (whatever that is) for more than probably 1 minute. Once you made a religious comment I'd either politely walk away or tell you to F-yourself depending on my attitude that day.

With that said I'm not exactly scared of the “religious right” police conducting a no-knock warrant at my door. I'm not overly worried about religious folks forcing me at gunpoint or with threats of imprisonment to submit to their religion and practices.

I am worried about the ATF storming my property because I happen to ferment and maybe distill grains in order to store and preserve the energy they have in them. I am worried about the USDA or health department arresting me for drinking raw milk. I am worried about the local municipality enforcing an ordinance that requires me to pay to connect to their water/sewer even though I may have a well/septic that works fine.

I am worried about the demands of a mob (the majority) that wants more from the government for which they pay nothing or very little for the services it provides.

Well, you're right about everything you said. I'm not scared of them (though Santorum does somewhat creep me out), but I do find them highly irritating and their movement runs counter to the cause of liberty.

SoonerPride
1/20/2012, 12:10 AM

This is not a Christian nation.
I am tired or hearing that it is.

Our government should keep religion in its place. The two should never mix. It makes for bad laws and bad religions.

Keep your church - ANY church - out of my government, local, city, state or federal.

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2012, 12:22 AM
This is not a Christian nation.
I am tired or hearing that it is.

Our government should keep religion in its place. The two should never mix. It makes for bad laws and bad religions.

Keep your church - ANY church - out of my government, local, city, state or federal.

I agree with this aside from a very general acknowledgement of God. Government must never ever think itself the greatest power.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/20/2012, 01:19 AM

It is my understanding that Newt is a practicing Catholic, having converted by way of his wife's influence.

Chuck Bao
1/20/2012, 02:16 AM

I understand your point of view, Sooner5030. I also appreciate the fact that you use the word "some" instead of engaging in sweeping generalizations.

Without a doubt some of the others DO have cause to worry about the religious right's political agenda. And I will even venture to say that the religious right busybodies are more intent in meddling in personal lives than your examples of ATF and grain alcohol fermentation or local water/sewage distincts and their rates.

If it really is love the sinner and hate the sin, would it be cause enough for legislation against two consenting adults and the rights afforded to two heterosexual individuals?

Yeah, some of us have legitimate reasons for be afraid that the religious right will try to turn back the progress made over the last several years.

Trust me, they won't stop there if they are on a roll in legislating morality. I think everyone should be afraid, even if you agree on some of their agenda.

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2012, 02:43 AM
I understand your point of view, Sooner5030. I also appreciate the fact that you use the word "some" instead of engaging in sweeping generalizations.

Eh, I really don't have time to individually pick out the good ones as I'm collectively feeding them to the lions.

Chuck Bao
1/20/2012, 03:03 AM
Eh, I really don't have time to individually pick out the good ones as I'm collectively feeding them to the lions.

Heh! I was actually talking about the anti-religious right, as in Sooner5030's "Some of you need to find a new boogie man".

But carry on, SicEm. There is enough religious righteousness to feed all the lions on the planet many times over. And legislation by the states are prorbably amongst the worst offenders.

But if you kicks off of state's reclaiming their state rights in the bedroom, just go ahead and finger your butt because a *** raping is coming.

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2012, 03:10 AM
But if you kicks off of state's reclaiming their state rights in the bedroom, just go ahead and finger your butt because a *** raping is coming.
They should have the right; they shouldn't exercise the right. Anyone who suggests they exercise the right should be fed to the lions.

JohnnyMack
1/20/2012, 05:07 PM
just go ahead and finger your butt

Nope.

KantoSooner
1/20/2012, 05:31 PM
You know, SicEm, this whole 'feed them to the lions' thing has legs. I'm thinking of melding it with my own guiding philosophy, 'What Would Genghiz Do?' (WWGD?)
I think they may be complimentary.
We should find a hospitable bar in Tulsa and hold a conference to hammer out any dissonance between the two and then launch the unified principle upon an unsuspecting world, because, really, the innocent DO make the best victims.

cleller
1/20/2012, 06:56 PM
You've got the "religious right" who are too anxious to put candidates to litmus tests, then you've got the segment that just lives to ridicule the "religious right". Both are too self important for anyone's good.

soonercruiser
1/20/2012, 09:36 PM

Let's all discuss a he said - she said.
I think that even if you disclose a private marriage discussion, that you should only do that on Dr. Phil.
There, you can get some therapy too.

AlboSooner
1/21/2012, 11:11 AM
Absolutely, but the religious right's rabid and irrational support for Israel coalesces with the neocon's global and mid-east agenda. That's what started the melding of the two factions, but now the religious right (even if they don't openly say it) views an aggressive militaristic mid-east policy as a religious holy war.

The religious right, and many in the Christian faith see the middle east as the ground zero of Armageddon. This is fueled by the Left Behind series, and televangelists who don't comprehend the Bible.

That's why we have such oxymoron terms as "Juedo-Christian" world view. The Judeo worldview is different from the Christian world view. One says Jesus is a charlatan, and the other says Jesus is the son of God. Israel understands the infatuation of Christians with Israel, and uses it for political support, and for tourism.

I heard Bejnamin Netanyahu come really close to raising a middle finger to the American public, while Congress applauded him. He can say things like "We don't need you USA," and get an applause because Israel know how to manipulate the public opinions. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91VgMK7nUqE)

"Israel, according to Scheuer, has engaged in one of the most successful campaigns to influence public opinion in the United States ever conducted by a foreign government. Scheuer said to NPR that "They [Mearsheimer and Walt] should be credited for the courage they have had to actually present a paper on the subject. I hope they move on and do the Saudi lobby, which is probably more dangerous to the United States than the Israeli lobby." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Israel_Lobby_and_U.S._Foreign_Policy)

Israel bites the hand that created it, fed it, and continues to feed it, and still gets away with it.

It defies reason why in the most powerful country in the history of mankind, a presidential candidate has to swear allegiance to a tiny middle eastern country, with which the US has no particular interests tied.