PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Sooner basketball games

badger
1/19/2012, 10:50 AM
Fortunately, no channel flipping required again!

11 a.m. Saturday @ LNC: OU women hate on Texas a lot.

This allegedly will be televised by FSN and radio broadcast by KOKC 1520 AM and KREF 1400 AM.

Joanna is still out, but Texas sucks, so we can beat them. I hope I hope I hope.

3 p.m. Saturday @ College Station: OU men will send Texas A&M to the SEC filled with losing aggie angst.

Allegedly televised by the Big 12 Network... hopefully, there will be more TV info soon.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ugpfkk.jpg

Boomer!

Soonerjeepman
1/19/2012, 11:33 AM
dang..I HAVE to get cable...lol..no Fox...but I really can't spend 7 hours watching basketball on Sat...anyways...

Ton Loc
1/19/2012, 01:39 PM
Does anyone know why the Aggies suck this year? They have pretty good players and their coach isn't a total moron (just partial).

This should be another good shot for us to win on the road. Hopefully, it will be the men's team that played so well against KSU and not the sloppy team that came out against Tech.

badger
1/19/2012, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know why the Aggies suck this year? They have pretty good players and their coach isn't a total moron (just partial).

This should be another good shot for us to win on the road. Hopefully, it will be the men's team that played so well against KSU and not the sloppy team that came out against Tech.

Time to turn to the real authorities of that subject :rcmad:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/Final7.jpg

We are missing 2 of our best 7 players, our new hc missed a month and our star is playing hurt.

mediocre talent that was picked to compete for the B12 championship.

Partially, we're victims of believing our own hype.

If you didn't see that we were declining last year, you weren't paying attention. We struggled to score points last year, and we got worse towards the end of the year. We got blown out in Austin. We looked horrible against FSU. We didn't really have any great wins last year. We were gritty, hard working, and pulled out some tough wins at the end of games. But when the media said Kennedy was inheriting what would have been Turgeon's best team, I knew better.

Add to that the loss of Branch, Kennedy's illness, and the expected pains from transition, and you get what we are getting.

The lack of a good point guard is the biggest problem with this team. We should be recruiting about three point guards right now.

What isn't wrong with this team?

- Overly hyped preseason
- Lack of consistent competition in non-conference
- Injuries to KM and Roberson
- Parkinson's (although IDK if that can be used as an excuse going forward...this team should be used to whatever BK they get by now, regardless of his status post-season)
- Bye Bye Branch
- No PG depth
- No Post Depth (see 'injuries')
- Starting Dash Harris and Keith Davis
- Playing 3-5 offensively (see above)
- DL avg. 6.6 pts per game in conference
- DL, Davis and Green combining for about 8 ppg in conference
Basketball aggies are a lot more sane than football ones it appears :D

Ton Loc
1/19/2012, 02:27 PM
Good to see they're all on the same page. And I feel better about us getting the win.

badger
1/19/2012, 02:40 PM
Good to see they're all on the same page. And I feel better about us getting the win.

I am interested to see what flak will set the vBookie spread as... I really need a few wins to get some vCash back, hehe. I am sooooo vBroke after that packer loss :(

oumartin
1/19/2012, 05:33 PM
I thought Gayle was gonna improve that Texas program but she really hasn't has she.

OUmillenium
1/19/2012, 06:49 PM
I haven't heard "Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk" in about 20 years! awesome!

badger
1/21/2012, 12:05 PM
I thought Gayle was gonna improve that Texas program but she really hasn't has she.

I think she didn't realize how competitive the Big 12 is... or what recruiting is like down here.

I don't remember where I read it, but the top prospects for the entire country in womens basketball? Two of the three states that they come from are Oklahoma and Texas (I think Texas is 1 and Oklahoma is 3). I think that can be directly attributed to the success and fan interest of our programs down here :)

Lady whorn... I've heard their recruiting budget is less than other womens athletics,despite the fact that their department takes money baths (or maybe that's just the men's side... hmmm).

Anyways, game's about to start! Find FSN!

FOX Sports Net
Oklahoma City: FS Southwest (COX 37, 722 HD)
Tulsa: FS Southwest (COX 27, 722 HD)
AT&T U-Verse 753, 1753 HD | DISH 416 | DirecTV 676

Radio is KOKC 1520 AM | KREF 1400 AM

Boomer!

badger
1/21/2012, 12:23 PM
20-10 with 11 to go in the first half. Whorn is making baaaaad decisions

badger
1/21/2012, 12:31 PM
20-12 good girls at third tv timeout.

badger
1/21/2012, 12:36 PM
I hate texas :mad: 20-19 with 5 left in first

badger
1/21/2012, 12:59 PM
We lead by 9 at the half.

We are ahead thanks for free throws, but we suck at shooting those too. I say "too" because all of our shooting sucks.

We are turnover prone like normal.

Sooo... how are we ahead? Simple put, texas sucks. Texas sucks soooo much. You know how the whorns recruit fat unskilled offensive linemen for football? They have recruited the same type of players for their womens basketball team. They are huge and tall... and that is about it. Even stringbean nicole is blocking their weak pathetic shots.

In short, tune in to laugh at texas, but be forewarned that ou is not being stellar by any stretch of the imagination

badger
1/21/2012, 01:26 PM
46-36 with 13 left. Lots of weirdness... big blocks, turnovers, sherri fuming, ref no-calls... and a 9-0 run for us

badger
1/21/2012, 04:36 PM
28-20 good guys with 5 left in the first half

badger
1/21/2012, 04:43 PM
32 all with 1 minute left in the first

badger
1/21/2012, 04:51 PM
34 all at the half.

This would be a nice road win if we could pull it off, but the aggie crowd is hostile like usual.

We have been good at rebounding and they have been bad at shooting, but turnovers and fouls are the reasons we're not ahead.

Tune in! Its on abc channel 8 here in tulsa, big 12 network is broadcast team

OU_Sooners75
1/21/2012, 04:51 PM
A&M with only 3 fouls with less than 2 minutes left in first half? They finished the first half with 6 team fouls.

Gee....wonder if the refs are playing it one way while OU had 10+ fouls in first half.

Kind of hard to pull away from any team when refs are not calling game equally.

Eielson
1/21/2012, 04:55 PM
We were up 28-20 when Middleton went down. That half ended the exact opposite of what it should've been. That was rough, but if we can pull off a couple of these we just might be able to make that NCAA tournament. That 4 and 5 spot are wide open in conference (well, K-State should have #4 locked up, but we did beat them already), and I think both would give us an NCAA birth as hard as it is to believe.

OU_Sooners75
1/21/2012, 04:58 PM
If we finish inside the top 6 and win at least one game in the Conference Tourney, we will be in the NCAA...unless we fall apart and lose the rest of the season, we are locked for at worst NIT.

Eielson
1/21/2012, 04:58 PM
Going into the half A&M has only made one free throw (and we've made TWO!), so I don't think this can be blamed on the refs. Also, both teams have had some bad turnovers, but the overall turnover amount has been very low to this point.

OU_Sooners75
1/21/2012, 05:01 PM
Going into the half A&M has only made one free throw (and we've made TWO!), so I don't think this can be blamed on the refs. Also, both teams have had some bad turnovers, but the overall turnover amount has been very low to this point.

I am not looking at FTs. calling pussified fouls one way will take the agressive nature out of players...A&M was able to play agressive all half, OU looked to have to let up a little once A&M got into the bonus.

Like A&M fouling 3 times in the last 2 possessions for OU to disrupt any flow...and without any true worries of having OU go to the foul line.

Eielson
1/21/2012, 05:04 PM
If we finish inside the top 6 and win at least one game in the Conference Tourney, we will be in the NCAA...unless we fall apart and lose the rest of the season, we are locked for at worst NIT.

I don't know that six will cut it. Very few teams will do better than 1-5 against Kansas/Baylor/Mizzou, and a game in Manhattan will probably set the mark at 1-6. After the top 4, there are very few, if any, winning conference records to be had.

OU_Sooners75
1/21/2012, 05:10 PM
I don't know that six will cut it. Very few teams will do better than 1-5 against Kansas/Baylor/Mizzou, and a game in Manhattan will probably set the mark at 1-6. After the top 4, there are very few, if any, winning conference records to be had.

So you say that a team has to have a winning record in conference play?

Better check the Big East if so. Big 12 is a very tough conference...and OU's RPI will be good enough to get them a bubble at #6 in league...and if they win a game or two in the tourney, then they will be in at around a 12 or 13 seed.

Personally, if OU wins tonight, I think OU can hang with Missouri or Baylor later in the season, this team is improving with every game. Not saying they can beat either, but I can also see OU sweeping KSU, ISU, Texas, Tech, and A&M (especially if OU wins tonight). That would be 10 wins if it does happen. I can see OU with a legit shot at 9 conference wins.

Eielson
1/21/2012, 05:23 PM
That was one of the most pathetically officiated possessions I've ever seen. Three week (or was it four?) fouls all called on OU to put A&M in the bonus with over 12 minutes left in the game.

Eielson
1/21/2012, 05:44 PM
Personally, if OU wins tonight, I think OU can hang with Missouri or Baylor later in the season, this team is improving with every game. Not saying they can beat either, but I can also see OU sweeping KSU, ISU, Texas, Tech, and A&M (especially if OU wins tonight). That would be 10 wins if it does happen. I can see OU with a legit shot at 9 conference wins.

We have a decent chance to sweep Tech and A&M (if we win today), but I'm not really in agreement with the rest of your guesses. It would be quite an accomplishment to sweep Texas or ISU individually, but to do both and add in a win in Manhattan...that's pretty much impossible. We're more likely to go 0-5 than 5-0 in those games. I'm expecting at least 2-3, and am hoping for 3-2.

kevpks
1/21/2012, 06:03 PM
It would have been nice to get a rebound towards the end of regulation. It's called boxing out Sooners. Try it.

Sooner95
1/21/2012, 06:07 PM
Well, let this one get away. Please stop talking about NCAA bids because that is not happening..lol

Eielson
1/21/2012, 06:09 PM
I'm completely puzzled by Lon wanting us to foul when A&M only had 15 seconds left on the shot clock. We probably couldn't have pulled it off, but that play finished us off. Any NCAA chance was crushed with this barring something crazy like beating Missouri and Baylor.

kevpks
1/21/2012, 06:13 PM
This program has a long way to go, but I think Lon will get us there. PS. I'm not going to miss A&M. I thought that every time they showed at shot of the cult errrr...crowd.

kbsooner21
1/21/2012, 08:39 PM
Tough loss in one where we led almost all dang game. That one is gonna come back to bite us come bid time...

badger
1/22/2012, 10:58 AM
I don't expect us to get a bid unless we miraculously win the Big 12 tournament, but it would be nice to get our guys some postseason experience via one of the other tournaments.

I was very disappointed in the officiating yesterday. We weren't allowed to breathe on the Aggies and our guys were getting mugged from behind on defensive rebounds. :mad:

Bourbon St Sooner
1/23/2012, 10:50 AM
Were you talking about NIT bid? That's the only thing I can see that would be in discussion with this team.

badger
1/23/2012, 10:53 AM
Were you talking about NIT bid? That's the only thing I can see that would be in discussion with this team.

Or a CBI/CIT or whatever those minor tournies are called, if we get invited. I'd just love to give this team some postseason experience as a reward for their improvement and hard work.

Sooner95
1/24/2012, 07:33 PM
CBI/CIT generally do not invite teams from the Power Conferences. If we don't make the NIT then it will be a lack of wins and those other tourneys will probably bypass us.