PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a Clemson message board?

SoonerNate
1/18/2012, 11:55 PM
I want to be the first to start the Fire Venables threads.

PalmettoSooner
1/19/2012, 12:13 AM
its not even worth it...give it one game with them and they will start their threads.

oumartin
1/19/2012, 12:18 AM
I think he will do fine in that conference. Just don't know if he'll have a job in a couple years. Clemson... lol..

SoonerNate
1/19/2012, 12:23 AM
I think he will do fine in that conference. Just don't know if he'll have a job in a couple years. Clemson... lol..

Valid

Dan Thompson
1/19/2012, 12:25 AM
Looks like BV is gone,

http://www.tigernet.com/

PalmettoSooner
1/19/2012, 12:31 AM
He is gonna be shocked when he has to put up with Dabo's crazy rants and realize that he knows more about football than Dabo.

sooners2win
1/19/2012, 12:31 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20120118_92_0_TheBre630348

En_Fuego
1/19/2012, 12:40 AM
His exit ends a 13-year run that saw him go from a 28-year-old wunderkind, an intense heart-and-soul personality that helped drive OU’s defense to greatness, to a 41-year-old coach left beleaguered by inexplicable defensive busts by his players.

:excitement:

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2012, 12:46 AM
Clemson is well on their way to becoming a darn good football team and possibly playing for a nc in 3 or 4 years.. The quality of recruits they are getting on defense already is pretty impressive.

SoonerNate
1/19/2012, 12:53 AM
Clemson is well on their way to becoming a darn good football team and possibly playing for a nc in 3 or 4 years.. The quality of recruits they are getting on defense already is pretty impressive.

If you remember, they said that about Clemons in the late 90's as well. They do have an impressive budget though.

SicEmBaylor
1/19/2012, 01:09 AM
They fired Kevin Steele as their DC which makes me really really really love Clemson!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2012, 01:09 AM
15-16 years is an eternity in football...All I know is the best defensive players in the country are coming out of that area and the high school kids love Dabo and Brent...Morris a top of the line OC and in a conference with so-so teams, they could very easily end up undefeated and playing for a NC before OU does.

SicEmBaylor
1/19/2012, 01:10 AM
Steele was always supposed to be a great recruiter (although I never saw it) but his coaching track record speaks for itself. I think Steele may best serve himself by finding his niche as a Recruiting Coordinator. Is there such a thing?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2012, 01:12 AM
As a coordinator/coach yeah he stunk it up...As a position coach, the guy is well sought after and knows his stuff..

SicEmBaylor
1/19/2012, 01:15 AM
As a coordinator/coach yeah he stunk it up...As a position coach, the guy is well sought after and knows his stuff..
When he was the HC, it's well known that the only real coaching he did on the field or in practice was with the LB's. I didn't observe him as a position coach elsewhere, but I saw what he did as a position coach in Waco and he shouldn't be anywhere near a pee-wee team much less a D1 school.

Steele can DIAF and rot in hell.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2012, 01:21 AM
He was Alabama DC before taking the Clemson spot...He did pretty well there I would say...He did a great job at Nebraska as well as producing some good LBs at Florida State...I wouldn't hire the guy to coach my kids teams, but Baylor was just stupid enough to do it..

StoopTroup
1/19/2012, 01:22 AM
I think Brent will do fine there and even if Dabo gets fired....Brent will then be a really decent pick up for Teams who need a guy that loves Football. He might have some down years but at least he'll be out from under the Stoops Thumb that many here seemed to doom his Career. I think he'll be a HC by the time he's 50.

85sooners
1/19/2012, 10:13 AM
:very_drunk:

badger
1/19/2012, 11:09 AM
I promise to find one if I ever decide to do a meltdown thread again :)

There's so many meltdown images I could lead with:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/stills/clemsonfan_deadspin.flv.jpg
http://drunkentailgate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/clemson-fan1.jpg
http://media.independentmail.com/media/img/photos/2009/08/23/0824fanfest1_t300.JPG
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/07/47/46/1997204/10/628x471.jpg

There are very few programs that have had such high expectations at the beginning of the season fall apart as quickly as they do at Clemp-son.

PrideMom
1/19/2012, 11:27 AM
Going to a school that wears orange! Venables will have to get a whole new wardrobe......UGH! a fate worse than death......

LVSOONER15
1/19/2012, 11:34 AM
ON WITH THE FIGHTING DABO'S

badger
1/19/2012, 11:35 AM
Going to a school that wears orange! Venables will have to get a whole new wardrobe......UGH! a fate worse than death......

Meh... he was mostly a black shirt wearer here anyways.

PalmettoSooner
1/19/2012, 05:57 PM
Clemson fans on tigernet.com has been entertaining. Pretty much beating their chest about "luring" away a top DC from a top program.

cleller
1/19/2012, 05:57 PM
Looks like BV is gone,

http://www.tigernet.com/

If Clemson is going to be a real Big League power, someone needs to show them how a Big League fan board looks, like Soonerfans. That Tigernet thing is like something from 1995.

PalmettoSooner
1/19/2012, 06:29 PM
If Clemson is going to be a real Big League power, someone needs to show them how a Big League fan board looks, like Soonerfans. That Tigernet thing is like something from 1995.

Clemson + Big league power = funny
:excitement:

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/19/2012, 06:36 PM

agreed. i hate the format of their forums...i took one look at it, and left.

Fraggle145
1/19/2012, 09:42 PM
I want to be the first to start the Fire Venables threads.

Of all the people to represent OU on another team's board I'm not sure that you would be my first choice representing us over there.

No offense.

PalmettoSooner
1/19/2012, 09:52 PM
agreed. i hate the format of their forums...i took one look at it, and left.

Yeah...every post (recruiting, football, basketball, etc.) are all jumbled together. NO structure at all. A huge amount of posters over there donate to the board...but you can't tell with that 1995 layout (maybe that money is helping pay the 1.3 million to the OC :excitement:)

TheHumanAlphabet
1/20/2012, 10:46 AM

the fan base is crazy, not corndog crazy like LSU, probably pulled pork crazy... But just darn crazy and they seek greatness in football. Clemson will not tolerate losing and I don't think BV will last long...

AlboSooner
1/21/2012, 10:30 AM
I believe it's easier to win a NC at OU rather than at Clemson. If this is true, then NC dreams for BV are gone. You take a lesser job at a lesser program to win NCs. You take that job because your feelings are hurt.

Funny thing is, he will still be bested by a Stoops in that conference.

I don't how, and why Clemson suddenly became Notre Dame as far as expectations go. I look at them and see one of those teams that are needed to fill the bowl games.