PDA

View Full Version : From Joe Schad Twitter: Brent Venables has agreed to join Clemson staff

colleyvillesooner
1/18/2012, 06:04 PM
@JoeSchad

As is now widely reported, Brent Venables has agreed to join Clemson staff

PalmettoSooner
1/18/2012, 06:11 PM
Dave Sittler just tweeted (this is not a joke)
BREAKING: Brent Venables just texted: "I'm staying." I assume he's serious.

landrun
1/18/2012, 06:21 PM
Dave Sittler just tweeted (this is not a joke)
BREAKING: Brent Venables just texted: "I'm staying." I assume he's serious.
Blevins retweeted it and Sooner Scoop says they got a text from BV saying the reports of him leaving were not true.

... sucks :(

badger
It's like a twitter war or something

StoopTroup
Just saw the Sittler to Blevins Tweet....LMAO at all this...

colleyvillesooner
1/18/2012, 06:25 PM
yeah, sooner scoop JUST reported that their cources were saying he was gone. next tweet, he staying

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu7xEEr1PSc&feature=fvst

PalmettoSooner
1/18/2012, 06:31 PM
Will somebody please make up their mind:excitement:

landrun
1/18/2012, 06:32 PM
LOL... Sitttler just changed his mind on Twitter!

"If I promise not to visit him at Clemson, I'd say Venables is still headed that way."

TUSooner
1/18/2012, 06:36 PM
BV is going nowhere.
Neither is his career.
Neither is OU's defense.

How can you hope to move up if you never move at all?

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 06:38 PM
http://images.pearsoned-ema.com/jpeg/large/9780273663010.jpg

colleyvillesooner
1/18/2012, 06:39 PM
Latest is background check, then he's Gone. No contract yet because board of regents have to approve it.

SoonerMom2
Twitter has been like this the whole time and it is funny to read. The funniest was when Sooner Scoop outed Blevins for using a Clemson website for his source. Been interesting to watch the media have to keep retracting what they just posted minutes before.

StoopTroup
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1107/should-i-stay-or-should-i-go-stop-go-cat-demotivational-posters-1309875165.jpg

SoonerMom2
1/18/2012, 06:42 PM
I have the funniest post of all on Twitter as Blevins has been twittering a lot and has helped add to the chaos -- this cracks me up:

DeanBlevins Dean Blevins
I can't believe we have a stand-up coach n BrentV & solid reporters n Oklahoma, yet chaos about whether he's staying or going. ThanksTwitter

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 06:50 PM
http://www.electronicsweekly.com/blogs/engineering-design-problems/doormat-anim.gif

goingoneight
1/18/2012, 06:50 PM
All you tweeters see why people don't like teh Tweeter now?

BoomerJ
1/18/2012, 07:02 PM
It's best to never start tweetin'.

PalmettoSooner
1/18/2012, 07:04 PM
It's best to never start tweetin'.

Its been funny though

Soonerjeepman
1/18/2012, 07:07 PM
heard too much twitting can make ya go blind....just sayin..~

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 07:08 PM
Your Stereo has to have some tweeters....

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Ejmiyake/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/wiringt2.jpg

PalmettoSooner
1/18/2012, 07:14 PM
heard too much twitting can make ya go blind....just sayin..~

wait a minute...I can't see the keyboard:excitement:

Scott D
1/18/2012, 07:16 PM
I laughed a lot out loud very loudly when I read the tweet about Deano saying some nonsense about solid reporters.

oumartin
1/18/2012, 07:41 PM
Brent is like his defenses.

Go here, no wait, go here, no wait a sec, run over there, er, did I mean over here, Hey I think you need to be over here I mean right here.

I think I may pop a vein in my neck before this is all situated

boomersooner28
1/18/2012, 08:19 PM
Who sent out the twat?

SoonernAR
1/18/2012, 08:19 PM
I think we all are on pins and needles about the prospect of Brent V leaving, quit...get fired....get a job offer, but for the sake of God. Just GOOOOOO!!!!!

boomersooner28
1/18/2012, 08:21 PM
Just get it over with already so OUr recruits know what the hell is going on!?!?!

SoonerMom2
1/18/2012, 08:21 PM
I have been on Twitter for several years and don't even have 100 tweets -- go there to read what is happening and have to admit that all this with Venerables has been so funny to see the media all over the place within a few minutes. I have burst out laughing several times at the OK sports media tweets.

C&CDean
1/18/2012, 08:34 PM
Brent is like his defenses.

Go here, no wait, go here, no wait a sec, run over there, er, did I mean over here, Hey I think you need to be over here I mean right here.

I think I may pop a vein in my neck before this is all situated

Well ****ing pop it then. Do us all a favor.

85sooners
1/18/2012, 08:34 PM
All the tweeters can eat $hit

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 08:37 PM
I laughed a lot out loud very loudly when I read the tweet about Deano saying some nonsense about solid reporters.

His newest one is pretty interesting IMO...

How u think Mike Stoops feels? RIGHT NOW he doesn't know if pal BVen will be w/him nxt year. Lose terrific co-coord & get blame 4 the change

(http://twitter.com/#)

http://twitter.com/#!/DeanBlevins

RedstickSooner
1/18/2012, 08:42 PM
I feel weird saying this, but I'd regret it if BV left. I just wonder sometimes whether our defensive woes were his fault -- after all, if some of the sucky defenses we fielded last season were his fault, so was the FSU defense. And our squad was as good in that game as pretty much any defensive squad we've had. So, his consistency sucks, but clearly he knows how to put together a good squad. And when he was paired with Mike, we had the best defenses in college football (don't care if they were statistically the top -- those defenses scared people. That's what I want. They were the defensive equivalent of the wishbone. Sometimes they didn't work, but there wasn't a game they couldn't win.) so getting Mike back but losing BV just seems like a wash. Or a risk. I want 'em both. And, of course, Leach. Bring 'em all back, damnit.

I don't know how next season will shake out, but at least I'm excited about watching. That hasn't been the case much lately.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 08:44 PM
Now Sittler....

Latest: Those close to Venables say it's a back-and-forth situation because he's finding it to be "a very difficult process."

(http://twitter.com/#)

http://twitter.com/#!/davesittler

I can relate to those that would like to see this over ASAP but we are talking about a guy who is one of our Coaches and has been here since Bob came to Town. It's just his time to consider offers that are coming his way and since those offers aren't a Head Coaching position....I'm sure it's pretty hard to negotiate something that doesn't feel like a mistake but also feels like the right thing for you and your Family as well as what's best for the guys you have been loyal too for well over ten years.

boomersooner28
1/18/2012, 08:46 PM
Ya, now that I stop for a second and put myself in BV's shoes....wow, what a crazy decision to have to make. This would be tough.

AlboSooner
1/18/2012, 08:52 PM
BV and Stoops are simply trying to send this message to the fans: appreciate what you have. BV is going no where, just like BS was going no where when ESPN reported "Stoops to South Bend.'

Message is clear: the rest of CF respects and wants BV, so you the fans should know how good he is.

C&CDean
1/18/2012, 08:56 PM
We have some of the stupidest (is that a word?) fans in the world. The funny thing is some of them are supposed to be really, really smart. Like lawyers and doctors and ****. A kid obviously suckers in and gets burned over the top and it's the DC's fault. A guy whiffs on an arm tackle and it's the DC's fault. A receiver drops a hundred passes, and it's the DC's fault. A QB over/under throws his receivers, and it's the DC's fault.

Generally speaking, there's a contingent of OU fans that ain't worth pissing on. You know who you are.

If our defense gets better next year it'll be because our players listen/do what they're told. If they stay the same or get worse, it'll be because they're incapable of understanding/executing their assignments.

In the mean time, y'all carry on with your silliness.

oumartin
1/18/2012, 09:07 PM
Well ****ing pop it then. Do us all a favor.

I'm gonna pop that big fat bald head of yours, that you can count on.

birddog
1/18/2012, 09:08 PM
just get all the boys together and be done with it. if m stoops is the main signal caller, i don't have a problem with BV going out and picking up some decent players. ****, maybe he'll realize he can serve the university much more by just being there. he is a charasmatic dude, no matter what you think of his playcalling.

birddog
1/18/2012, 09:09 PM
**** off marty dip****. negative brown eye.

landrun
1/18/2012, 10:17 PM
We have some of the stupidest (is that a word?) fans in the world. The funny thing is some of them are supposed to be really, really smart. Like lawyers and doctors and ****. A kid obviously suckers in and gets burned over the top and it's the DC's fault. A guy whiffs on an arm tackle and it's the DC's fault. A receiver drops a hundred passes, and it's the DC's fault. A QB over/under throws his receivers, and it's the DC's fault.

Generally speaking, there's a contingent of OU fans that ain't worth pissing on. You know who you are.

If our defense gets better next year it'll be because our players listen/do what they're told. If they stay the same or get worse, it'll be because they're incapable of understanding/executing their assignments.

In the mean time, y'all carry on with your silliness.

Again, using this logic, Blake would still be our coach. And no coach could ever be justly terminated. It would always be the players' fault.
You're building a straw man with this defense of BV.

landrun
1/18/2012, 10:19 PM
On Sittler's twitter page...

@dachopperaDachoppera

@DaveSittler at what point do you admit to yourself that you have no idea what's goin on? :excitement:

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 10:33 PM
What Team that's used a Hurry Up Offense has had a Top Ten Defense and had a decent finish...you know...like a 11-2, 11-3 or 12-1....13-0....14-0?

bigfatjerk
1/18/2012, 11:19 PM
Schad who is almost always wrong is reporting that Brent is gone. Hale who is also almost always wrong is reporting that Brent is staying. It's the irresistible force vs the immovable object folks. Some type of crap is about to hit the fan.

PalmettoSooner
1/18/2012, 11:31 PM
Travis Haney just reported
Venables just confirmed to me that he is gone. Done deal.

prrriiide
1/18/2012, 11:33 PM
@RoyPhilpott (https://twitter.com/#%21/RoyPhilpott) Roy Philpott
Just got confirmation: Venables is coming to Clemson. He's told Stoops. This just got done tonight. Goal is a Friday afternoon announcement.

@RoyPhilpott (https://twitter.com/#%21/RoyPhilpott) Roy Philpott
As our friends in Oklahoma reported throughout the night, this was a "touch and go" situation. This just got done, I'm told.

18 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/#%21/RoyPhilpott/status/159851080895823872) via web

Roy Philpott is a Clemson SC broadcaster

oudavid1
1/18/2012, 11:35 PM
In before the next tweet!

colleyvillesooner
1/18/2012, 11:36 PM
Schad who is almost always wrong is reporting that Brent is gone. Hale who is also almost always wrong is reporting that Brent is staying. It's the irresistible force vs the immovable object folks. Some type of crap is about to hit the fan.

Schad wins.

oumartin
1/18/2012, 11:36 PM
bring in Mark!

SoonerNate
1/18/2012, 11:45 PM
YES!!! I FINALLY GOT MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES YES YES YES YES!!!

I'M SO HAPPY I COULD DANCE

PalmettoSooner
1/18/2012, 11:46 PM
Sounds legit. Dabo confirms and BV confirms. The drama is over (atleast I hope so). I'm confident that Mike will bring our defense back to where it needs to be. BOOMER!

sooneredaco
1/18/2012, 11:46 PM
bring in Mark!

That would be awesome! Do the Stoops bros have any offensive geniuses in the family? Maybe a cousin or something. Or how about a special teams expert?

SoonerNate
1/18/2012, 11:52 PM
How funny will it be if he gets fired within the next two years?

olevetonahill
1/18/2012, 11:55 PM
Sounds like a bunch of Gawd damn TWITS to me .

ouduckhunter
1/18/2012, 11:59 PM
Good luck BV!! Hope that you kick some ACC a$$!

PalmettoSooner
1/18/2012, 11:59 PM
How funny will it be if he gets fired within the next two years?

Well...I know Clemson fans are excited as hell. Already thinking they will be able to steal away some OU recruits, have one of the best defenses in the country, and a contender for the national championship.

PalmettoSooner
1/19/2012, 12:01 AM
Good luck BV!! Hope that you kick some ACC a$$!

It won't be hard in the ACC

prrriiide
1/19/2012, 12:17 AM
Per Associated Press via KOCO:

http://www.koco.com/sports/30246787/detail.html

NORMAN, Okla. -- Clemson has landed Oklahoma's Brent Venables to take over the Tigers defense.Tigers coach Dabo Swinney texted The Associated Press with the news Wednesday night, writing, "BV to Clemson."Venables will take over for Kevin Steele, who left Clemson last week with Swinney saying the two had philosophical differences. Venables visited Clemson last weekend. There were no details when Venables would arrive on campus to start working.Venables had served as the Sooners defensive coordinator since 1999 and helped Oklahoma win a national championship in 2000.The Tigers were 81st nationally at more than 29 points a game this year. The capper came in the Orange Bowl when the Atlantic Coast Conference champions gave up a bowl record 70 points in losing to West Virginia.

Read more: http://www.koco.com/sports/30246787/detail.html#ixzz1jsWE3LmT

Also on NewsOK.com...

http://newsok.com/ou-football-brent-venables-taking-clemson-job/article/3641428

OKC-SLC
1/19/2012, 12:33 AM
I wish him well. This was probably a very trying decision.

oumartin
1/19/2012, 12:37 AM
Bob still has yet to ever fire a coach.

SoonerMom2
1/19/2012, 12:37 AM
It is all over Twitter. We have very few defensive players committed -- no defensive back would leave and they have been talking to Striker. Figured something was up when Sooner Scoop reported that Bob and Mike Stoops were at a recruit's home. Clemson obviously doesn't understand this class is top heavy on offense.

Tony Jefferson had the only tweet from the players and he wished him well. He was already excited that Mike Stoops was coming in to coach.

Think the defense needed a shake-up. Wish BV well in his new job.

StoopTroup
1/19/2012, 01:12 AM
Bob still has yet to ever fire a coach.So Willie just got in his car and disappeared?

StoopTroup
1/19/2012, 01:13 AM
And from Fox.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/01/18/venables-to-lead-clemsons-defense/

The Tigers coach texted The Associated Press on Wednesday night, "BV to Clemson." Venables will take over for Kevin Steele, who left the program because of what Swinney called "philosophical differences."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/01/18/venables-to-lead-clemsons-defense/#ixzz1jsiU2c7d

Serenity Now
1/19/2012, 03:34 AM
Probably a good career move for Brent. If he makes a little headway on the defensive side of the ball at Clemson he'll be a head coach. I think he was staying put here to follow Bob and Bob's been eating his Grape Nuts and working on the stair machine. He's in for the long haul.

I wish Brent the best. The Big 12 is a tough place to be a Def Coor.

oumartin
1/19/2012, 04:59 AM
So Willie just got in his car and disappeared?

Willie left on his own.

Do you remember when Bo came in after Mike left and Bo and Brent didn't agree on Schemes.. Who left? The better coach.
I really don't think any of this should be on Willies shoulders. He probably left to save any good rep he had left.
He may have wished he stayed now

cleller
1/19/2012, 07:30 AM
So, now do we have one opening? Who replaces Willie?

OULenexaman
1/19/2012, 08:23 AM
At the midnight hour.....she cried more more more.

Curly Bill
1/19/2012, 08:28 AM
Again, using this logic, Blake would still be our coach. And no coach could ever be justly terminated. It would always be the players' fault.
You're building a straw man with this defense of BV.

Well Dean is like some kind of gentleman farmer or something.

Boomer.....
1/19/2012, 08:47 AM
Willie left on his own.

Do you remember when Bo came in after Mike left and Bo and Brent didn't agree on Schemes.. Who left? The better coach.
I really don't think any of this should be on Willies shoulders. He probably left to save any good rep he had left.
He may have wished he stayed now

No, Willie was pushed out/fired.

TUSooner
1/19/2012, 08:56 AM
n/m

Scott D
1/19/2012, 04:47 PM
I'll be ready to laugh a year from now...and by a year from now I mean 8 months from now when people start wanting Mike fired.

StoopTroup
1/19/2012, 10:50 PM
I'll be ready to laugh a year from now...and by a year from now I mean 8 months from now when people start wanting Mike fired.

That's when we see both Stoops Brothers replacing Mack Brown.