PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma lawyer types...

goingoneight
1/16/2012, 07:17 PM
So, I got an ex gf who has decided after living with me for three months that she wants to get testy with me about being kicked out. We never had a lease, she never paid a dime. She has no lease, no name on utilities, nothing but a pile of **** in my garage after she "moved out" on Saturday. She's claiming her ambulance chaser this and that, she wasn't served her 30 days notice this or that, yada-yada-yada.

Basically she's pissed because I changed my locks Saturday. Now, Tulsa County Sherriff, my home owners insurance agent and most everyone I know says I have a right to do that because she was not under lease and never established residency here. I'm trying to be nice and she's decided to be a typical bitter female about all of this.

I wanna be sure I have this right because she's a sue-happy person.

olevetonahill
1/16/2012, 07:21 PM
Is she Hawt?

Breadburner
1/16/2012, 07:24 PM
She is full of ****....Cut-off all contact......Pack her **** neatly and tell her where to pick it up......Have the law there if neccesary.....

goingoneight
1/16/2012, 07:27 PM
That's my knee-jerk reaction. Is this sound legal advice or are you just backing a brotha up?

olevetonahill
1/16/2012, 07:37 PM
She moved in with you in YOUR place right?
Tell her to kick rocks
Hell remember when I hauled that one off in the back of my truck?

goingoneight
1/16/2012, 07:42 PM
Well, she's sue happy. Somehow, she won a little dispute like this with her ex boyfriend.

olevetonahill
1/16/2012, 07:46 PM
Prolly took him to small claims court. He may not of even showed up and she got a judgement
I dont see how see is entitled to any dayum thing

goingoneight
1/16/2012, 07:53 PM
Her name was not on his lease, but she found some loophole to keep her stuff there for 30 days and she got a settlement.

olevetonahill
1/16/2012, 08:10 PM
If ya know who he is, Give him a call, she may have just been blowing smoke up yer ***.

Look her up in the On line court deal and see what she done .

Wishboned
1/16/2012, 08:11 PM
Was she getting mail addressed to her there? Did she have your address on her license?

goingoneight
1/16/2012, 08:21 PM
Mail was coming, yes. Driver's license, no.

Wishboned
1/16/2012, 08:23 PM
You said she wasn't on any of the utilities. Was she getting any bills at your address? Did she get a cell phone bill there? Credit cards? Bank statements?

I'm not a lawyer, but I think these can be used to prove residency.

goingoneight
1/16/2012, 08:31 PM
Cell bill, yes. I'm sure she got everything in a three month span here.

olevetonahill
1/16/2012, 08:35 PM
Then Sue her for back rent and utilities

goingoneight
1/16/2012, 08:43 PM
I spoke to my BIL (a would-be lawyer had he not become a CPA and liked it) and he says that I should get it in writing from the sherriff what my rights are and abide by that. The sherriff I talked to last Monday said if she wasn't a leasee, that he could have her out in 48 hours. Because of her kids and animal, I told her to just make it as quick as she could. She was cooperating just fine until she left half a truckload of stuff in my garage Saturday and she thinks she has rights to this place. Now, I know the law often benefits deadbeats, so I'm prepared to get ripped off somehow, but i'd like to think there's some definitive way I could end this as soon as this weekend. Like, her getting her **** and me being done with her.

goingoneight
1/16/2012, 08:49 PM
I can't sue her for a dime as I never drew up any papers before is what I'm being told. Not unless I have a witness to testify that she stole my ****, basically. She hasn't, she just didn't contribute at all while living here and developed a bad drinking problem. Like... "I can't buy my kids Christmas presents, but I can spend $75.00 (sometime twice) a week at the bar."
Like... "I need gas money; but I spent it all on booze last weekend."
Like... "I'm sorry I broke your coffee table when I was drunk and mad" drinking problem.

olevetonahill
1/16/2012, 08:52 PM
Charge her storage for every day she leaves her junk there. Either that or let her know in writting that ya goona put the **** out on the curb for her to pick up

salth2o
1/16/2012, 09:07 PM
She moved in with you in YOUR place right?
Tell her to kick rocks
Hell remember when I hauled that one off in the back of my truck?

:cool: pics? :D

goingoneight
1/16/2012, 09:21 PM
Well, I just want this over and done with and it figures she wants to sit and pout. I mean, I didn't tell her she should go **** her ex boyfriend or steal money from me. You'd think she might go willingly given a little thing called embarassment. But, oh well. We'll see.

olevetonahill
1/16/2012, 09:27 PM
:cool: pics? :D

It were a similar type deal .

No Pics , that was several years back
I posted about it then

People said I treated her like a dog. I denied that, Cause it was hot and i let my dogs ride in the cab with me under the A/C

goingoneight
1/16/2012, 09:29 PM
It were a similar type deal .

No Pics , that was several years back
I posted about it then

People said I treated her like a dog. I denied that, Cause it was hot and i let my dogs ride in the cab with me under the A/C

olevet FTW!

olevetonahill
1/16/2012, 09:50 PM
You dont member that?
Guess it could have been 7 years er so , dont seem like it tho .

IBleedCrimson
1/16/2012, 09:52 PM
You'd think she might go willingly given a little thing called embarassment.

I don't think that exists in society anymore :/

SanJoaquinSooner
1/16/2012, 10:14 PM
olevet is full of advice on deadbeat womens:numbness:

goingoneight
1/16/2012, 10:47 PM
thanks all... feel free to copycat thread now and/or post more advice or funny stories.

Midtowner
1/16/2012, 11:00 PM
From the way OP describes it, the deadbeat woman is a tenant at sufferance.

She should take a gander at what the Oklahoma Landlord-Tenant statutes say at 41 O.S. 8.

When the time for the termination of a tenancy is specified in the contract, or where a tenant at will commits waste, or in the case of a tenant by sufferance, and in any case where the relation of landlord and tenant does not exist, no notice to quit shall be necessary.

She voluntarily left, so you had every right to change the locks. Otherwise, you'd have had to file a forcible entry and detainer to get a writ of assistance. I don't deal with many rural sheriffs, but here in OKC, I imagine you'd need to have your paperwork in order, probably even have a writ of assistance before you could get the sheriff to boot someone. I don't do property law, but at first glance, your ex is full of ****.

goingoneight
1/16/2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks. I've googled it up for hours on end and some stuff just seems too over my head. What, one site says yay, the other nay. I am pretty sure since the sherriff and my home owners insurance agent said I could, I could. If not, let her call the popos to my house to get in. What are they gonna do... arrest me for protecting my home and possessions from her?

8timechamps
1/17/2012, 02:05 AM
I don't think that exists in society anymore :/

I does not. I concur.

I was in a frighteningly similar situation as goingoneight about 5 years ago...and I honestly thought she would be too embarrassed to act that way. I thought wrong. Which only proved two things to me:

1. After all this time, I still have no ****ing clue how the female mind works.

AND

2. I would never again live with a gf.

I'm happy to say I have a gf of 3 years that rocks! AND, she has her own home. It has been such a nice situation, it just took going through a heapload of **** to get here.

8timechamps
1/17/2012, 02:08 AM
Thanks. I've googled it up for hours on end and some stuff just seems too over my head. What, one site says yay, the other nay. I am pretty sure since the sherriff and my home owners insurance agent said I could, I could. If not, let her call the popos to my house to get in. What are they gonna do... arrest me for protecting my home and possessions from her?

Okay, I found myself in a very frighteningly similar situation about 5 years ago. I was told that if she lived with me for more than 6 months, then it was considered "common law marriage" in Colorado, and I was ****ed. Fortunately, it hadn't been 6 months. I took the approach of being nice to her and giving her a date to have her **** out. (I still can't imagine if it were me, WHY in the hell I would not want everything out, but that's why I'm a man I guess). Anyway, it worked, and she finally got it all out. I could certainly have gotten ugly, and I was even ready to have my attorney get involved, but it simmered out. Hope that helps a little.

olevetonahill
1/17/2012, 08:38 AM
A Buddy of mine tossed his woman out. She came back and burned his place down :excitement:

That one I hauled off in the back of the truck, a month later hadnt heard from her about her junk so I loaded that crap up and donated it to the local womens shelter :very_drunk:

Midtowner
1/17/2012, 08:38 AM
Okay, I found myself in a very frighteningly similar situation about 5 years ago. I was told that if she lived with me for more than 6 months, then it was considered "common law marriage" in Colorado, and I was ****ed. Fortunately, it hadn't been 6 months. I took the approach of being nice to her and giving her a date to have her **** out. (I still can't imagine if it were me, WHY in the hell I would not want everything out, but that's why I'm a man I guess). Anyway, it worked, and she finally got it all out. I could certainly have gotten ugly, and I was even ready to have my attorney get involved, but it simmered out. Hope that helps a little.

That isn't how common law marriage works, from what I can tell from Google, not even in Colorado does it work that way. There's a lot of misunderstanding as to how exactly it works, time limits, etc. Basically, there is no time limit. You can cohabitate for 20 years and not be common law married.

In Oklahoma, you'd have to between the two of you agree that you have a permanent and exclusive relationship (swingers don't get to be common law married), cohabitate for any period of time, you have to have an actual agreement between the parties that you're husband and wife and you have to hold out to the public as being husband and wife (she takes your surname, you file joint income tax returns, you put her on your insurance as your wife, etc.) She'd have to prove all of that by clear and convincing evidence--a pretty steep order.

Not all states recognize common law marriage. I've had it come up a number of times, and aside from a case I have in my office right now where they filed joint income tax returns for several years, I've never seen a winnable case of common law marriage.

KantoSooner
1/17/2012, 09:50 AM
My $0.02?
If you think she might seek legal recourse, you need to get there first. Go see an attorney. Have your shiite in order to keep the time to a minimum. Get his/her advice and follow it.
the Sheriff, good hearted through he might be, is waaaay over the line in offering you legal advice and nothing he tells you, no matter how accurate, will give you any legs to stand on if this thing goes legal. Following your lawyer's advice, on the other hand, will at least buy you 'good boy' points with the judge or magistrate.
My feeling is that you need to tie this up with bow asap or it might fester into the summer.

When I got divorced, I gave my ex EVERYTHING she asked for (and she was the one who was having not one, not two, but THREE affairs simultaneously (I give her credit for full on athleticism, if nothing else)). The house, the bank account, the furniture, custody, the works. A bitter pill. Three years later, I'm on my way back and she's wondering why boyfriends #1~3 aren't as eager to propose as they seemed to be back when she was married...and the money's running out....and our daughter is moving to Okieland to go to college...and...and...and.
And I have a final, paid in full, divorce decree.

The money you pay an attorney to get this little mess behind you is money well spent.

yermom
1/17/2012, 10:33 AM
Bitches, man.

Viking Kitten
1/17/2012, 11:12 AM
Can I ask you guys a serious question? Did you honestly NOT realize these chicks were crazy skanks before you married/moved in/started boning them? Honestly? For example, isn't the whole "sue-happy mother who is a non-custodial parent" thing just the biggest red flag? Why do do guys ignore these signs, let them move in and then act all surprised when the crazy starts to manifest? Please someone explain this to me.

sooner_born_1960
1/17/2012, 11:26 AM
I'm gonna guess she was giving up the poon.

Viking Kitten
1/17/2012, 11:45 AM
I'm pretty sure there are ways of getting it that do not involve letting some nutjob live in your house.

KantoSooner
1/17/2012, 12:04 PM
Viking, in my case, I went out with her for 2 years and was married for close to 18. Still great friends with her mom and dad and sister who all are kind of like 'wtf just happened?'. Nearest I can tell is that she was way too involved in being 'pretty' and when she hit 40 or so the whole 'I'm not the best looking woman at the pool' thing began to crash in on her. She was trying to fill a self-esteem hole. I hung on for several years, waiting for reality to dawn but the negative downward spiral finally got to the point that I just pulled the rip cord and got the hell out.
Her father's final words to me on my way to the airport were, "you did what you could".

That's the story in my case, at least.

TUSooner
1/17/2012, 12:22 PM
Can I ask you guys a serious question? Did you honestly NOT realize these chicks were crazy skanks before you married/moved in/started boning them? Honestly? For example, isn't the whole "sue-happy mother who is a non-custodial parent" thing just the biggest red flag? Why do do guys ignore these signs, let them move in and then act all surprised when the crazy starts to manifest? Please someone explain this to me.

Do you honestly NOT realize that most guys are pretty dang stupid in certain important areas of life -- especially that vast area inhabited by enigmatic and sometimes-devious women-folk? I suspect that men avoid commitment because they know their judgment is pig poop, and that they will commit too much to the wrong person, and that things will turn out all craptastical. But perhaps Howard can explain better. :wink:

OULenexaman
1/17/2012, 12:47 PM
I would have just bought a HO.

Viking Kitten
1/17/2012, 12:49 PM
Most guys are pretty dang stupid...

Well duh. ;)

badger
1/17/2012, 01:51 PM
I'm glad someone bumped this thread because it really is an interesting case of where the law can totally be abused by deadbeats and there ain't sh!t you can do about it.

This is why it is so important to be careful about housing, because in many cases, you are ****ed. A few examples I can think of offhand:

1- My teenage daughter was supposed to be living alone at a house I was renting for her at college and now I find out a few spare kids moved in with her! I want them out NOW because I, the homeowner, didn't give permission!

You're ****ed.

2- I have been letting someone live in my rented apartment, but they are not on the lease. Now, they stopped paying their share of the rent that they agreed to pay me! Verbal agreement! I want my money.

You're ****ed.

3- My husband is in jail but before he went, he let his deadbeat brother, his wife and their kids move into their house with me. They are trashing the place and terrorizing our children and I want them out immediately. The police said that it's a civil matter and I can't change the locks and can't get them out without a formal eviction process, which I can't afford!

You're ****ed.

4- I signed a 12-month lease with another person, and they moved out in three months! They tried to get a replacement roommate but failed and aren't paying 50 percent of the rent anymore!

You're ****ed.

In short, this NSFW video's last line:
US18DpeieVs

Don't play house with anyone. Don't let friends or family members move in. Don't rent on behalf of someone else. Don't sublet, don't play tenant, don't open your doors to stray animals. You're ****ed if you do.

47straight
1/17/2012, 01:53 PM

+1.

badger
1/17/2012, 01:56 PM

Once again, you're ****ed.

Unless you have any type of agreement with her that you can prove (unless it's in writing or you have past canceled checks of payments, good luck!), the judge is going to say that without a contract, she doesn't owe ****.

Housing laws are weird laws. They defy common sense, fairness and human decency in many, many regards in the name of keeping as many people off the streets as possible.

Mississippi Sooner
1/17/2012, 03:06 PM
I guess the laws on residency are different from one location to another, but I saw first hand how harsh they can be in Las Vegas. That is, if you know how to manipulate them in your favor.

I was working out there about 16 years ago and living in one of those giant apartment complexes that look like human ant colonies. A guy I worked with, who we shall call Jim, lived one floor below me. One night, after the requisite amount of drinking had taken place, Jim invited this skank to spend the night at his place. When we went to work the next day, Jim, in an incredibly stupid move, allowed the trashy woman to stay at his place and sleep off her hangover. When we got off work that afternoon, Jim returned to find that the gal had moved most of her belongings into his place. Well, Jim didn't like that at all, but since he would have a sex partner for another night, he didn't say anything.

The next morning I was heading across the compound to the 7-11 when Jim caught up to me. As we were passing the apartment manager's office, the manager stepped out and asked if she could speak with Jim for a moment. I went in with him, and the manager said she'd seen a woman that they'd had some problems with in the past coming in and out of Jim's apartment. Jim said he had no intention of her moving in there, but the woman had moved her stuff in while he was at work. When he said that, the manager's face fell and she said, "well, that's a problem, then. Under Nevada law, once she moves her belongings in, she is just as much a tenant as you are. We'll have to go through the whole eviction process to get her out."

Jim had no idea this might be the case, so he started freaking out a bit. But then the manager said that if Jim had a couple of friends he trusted, we might be able to get around the law. That's when we arranged it so that Jim would take the freeloading woman downtown for a few hours of "fun." The hope was that he would be able to lose her before coming back to the complex, and given that she was a crack whore, it likely wouldn't be too difficult.

While they were gone, another friend and I moved all of Jim's stuff (we were basically transient-type folks, so none of us had that much) to another apartment on the other side of the compound. When we were done, a couple of employees of the apartment complex came and got all the floozy's stuff and put it into storage. Then they changed the lock on the door.

Not long after that Jim showed up at my place, alone, and I gave him the key to his new place. He said the trollop started drinking heavily as soon as they got downtown, and the last he saw her she was passed out on Freemont Street.

I was about to tell him that he'd better make himself scarce for a while when we suddenly heard a commotion down at his old apartment. We went out onto the balcony and sure enough, it was the crack queen down there beating on the door and raising all kinds of hell. Then, out of nowhere, several members of Las Vegas Metro showed up and told her that the manager of the complex had 86ed her from the property, and she would have to leave immediately. She told them all of her stuff was in the apartment, and that's when one of the flunkies from the apartments came over and said, "no, all of your stuff has been put into storage, and you'll have to pay the storage fee to get it back."

Naturally, that's when the crack whore went ballistic. The last we saw of her, Metro had her hogtied and were throwing her into the back of a cruiser. I heard she tried to come back around a time or two after that, but the security guards and their trusty pepper spray kept her from burrowing back in.

SoonerTerry
1/17/2012, 03:24 PM

The posibility of vag samich clouds ALOT of judgement... been there

badger
1/17/2012, 03:41 PM
Naturally, that's when the crack whore went ballistic.

Man, only vegas, huh?

here's some fun tenant/renter stories I found online to further dissuade you all from housing mistakes:

"The absolute worst experience we ever had was two college students referred to us by my husband's uncle. They trashed the place, stopped paying rent after the first two months and were really, really difficult to evict because it was winter, and at that time the state had laws protecting tenants from being pitched out into the cold. The final insult, of course, was that when they did sneak away in the dark of night, they turned off the heat but not the water -- so we had frozen pipes to deal with on top of the garbage and filth."

I had three rental properties. Worst case was a very rich guy, family lots of $, lots of $! He had utilities cut off, so he tapped into my property's electrical lines with an extension cord and ran four heaters off it for a month, until it burned through on the new hardwood floor. Then he stripped wallpaper and moldings and sold them at a wood-supply business. He tried to take fixtures but was surprised by another tenant, who called me. He skipped. Family is still very big $ and supports him, I have been told, but they won't pay any back rent or damage costs. I was out $3,700 for him -- the cost of his mountain bike, he told me once.

I have a coin-operated laundry in one complex. The tenants try everything to get free laundry. Foreign change, metal objects, latex gloves with the quarter in the finger hole (thought that was creative). After they got tired of trying to get free laundry, they decided to just take the actual dryer! Just loaded it up, carried it off and threw it down a hill. I hope they enjoyed the 10 bucks they got out of it!

"We recently bought a new house that was a little out of our league, but being that it was four bedrooms, we figured we could rent out a room for some help with the mortgage, and so we did. We found a tenant who was single, didn't drink, didn't smoke and didn't do drugs. He had a cat but said it would stay in the room (I'm allergic). So we accepted him. Long story short, his cat ran around the house, scratched my dog and the furniture, and he did drink, and he did do drugs. The one thing he never did: pay his rent on time. Oh, yeah, and he was married. One day, his estranged wife came to town with a one-way ticket and moved in with no money and a drug problem. Lo and behold, while we were out working all day, she was snooping around the house . . . "collecting" things. First, the boat hitch was missing, and then my shoes. We logged on to our banking account one day and saw there was a check made out to cash, not in our handwriting (and "dollars" was spelled wrong), with the wife's account number and signature on the back. Needless to say, we evicted them immediately and discovered she had half my wardrobe, and I am still finding things missing!"

"I had let my cousin (at the request of my aunt) move in, and she sold my water heater, air-conditioning unit, all the fixtures in the house and all my children's furniture and living-room furniture I had let her use, my riding lawn mower and anything else she could remove. Then she left in the middle of the night. Now, two years later, she has no problem walking into any family gathering and acting like she does not understand why I do not speak with her."

"We had druggies (highly recommended by family/friends in our church!) who glued pennies to the walls, stuffed Cheetos into the shutters, stapled small pieces of cardboard to the inside window facings, disassembled the outdoor flower bed and brought all the bricks inside the house, poured water into the floor furnace, causing it to rust out (we have a 1928 home in Tulsa, Okla., which was beautiful), used the drapery for cleaning rags, used wood staples to anchor a large, outdoor inflatable toy inside the living room and left their drug paraphernalia in the closet when they moved. We've spent thousands in cleaning and replacement costs."

That last one is signed "Taken in Tulsa." Lol. That's my city! :D

KantoSooner
1/17/2012, 05:40 PM
Almost makes me feel like a schmuck for all the effort I went to clean places up to get my deposit back.

I Am Right
1/17/2012, 07:28 PM
Feel like you have been cheated by a lawyer, call Dewey, Cheatum, and How!

badger
1/17/2012, 08:07 PM
Almost makes me feel like a schmuck for all the effort I went to clean places up to get my deposit back.

Has anyone who has ever rented anywhere ever gotten their deposit back? If so, please share how you managed to pull that off

Jerk
1/17/2012, 08:13 PM
Alimony alimony paying yo' bill...
live it, love it,
she's just a woman!

yermom
1/17/2012, 08:21 PM
Has anyone who has ever rented anywhere ever gotten their deposit back? If so, please share how you managed to pull that off

i think the only time i didn't was when someone apparently dropped a bottle cap into the garbage disposal... after buying and installing one at my house later, i think we probably were robbed on that deal

of course, it probably made up for some last minute patch jobs to fix other things :O

cleller
1/17/2012, 11:12 PM
This is the modern day problem with no clear answer. People don't get married, but live together. Therefore, the accepted way of handling things no longer is applicable. There is no clear answer, each of you can point fingers, and hope a judge sides with you. Its the risk you take.

You can both sue each other all you want. Whoever wants to fight it out and get the best lawyer wins. It does sound like most of the breaks fall toward you, though.

Peach Fuzz
1/17/2012, 11:47 PM
Sounds like you dumped a real winner. Good job, and good luck.

Oh, and don't fall for some break-up sex. She'll probably try to cut your scrote off.

KantoSooner
1/18/2012, 09:28 AM
Badg, I never failed to get mine back. I had to sometimes resort to buying new stove burner reflector thingies and plugging picture nail holes with pepsodent (also good as temporary bathtub caulk), but I got my check.

Viking Kitten
1/18/2012, 10:46 AM
I've usually gotten mine back too, even when my puppy once destroyed the carpet. I argued the carpet had needed to be replaced when I moved in. They subtracted the cost of a professional steam cleaning and I got the rest back. It's all in the approach. Friendly, but firm.

Frozen Sooner
1/18/2012, 11:22 AM

By not being a complete slob, not breaking ****, and by doing a moveout walkthrough with the landlord. Never not gotten one back.

47straight
1/18/2012, 11:51 AM
By not being a complete slob, not breaking ****, and by doing a moveout walkthrough with the landlord. Never not gotten one back.

I think this is the key. Doesn't give shady landlords a chance to make stuff up later. I lived in an apartment complex that had decided to screw me over several times while living there. They offered to do to the walk-through after I left so as not to "inconvenience" me. Hell to the no. I was doing the walkthrough and getting it signed off while I stood there.

badger
1/18/2012, 12:31 PM
I think this is the key. Doesn't give shady landlords a chance to make stuff up later. I lived in an apartment complex that had decided to screw me over several times while living there. They offered to do to the walk-through after I left so as not to "inconvenience" me. Hell to the no. I was doing the walkthrough and getting it signed off while I stood there.

This is usually what has happened with me on everything from college apartments to post-college apartments. I didn't do a walkthrough with the landlord. I checked out and they said "we'll mail your deposit check this week." Derp.

I leave the apartments clean and undamaged... but have never gotten a deposit back :(

Viking Kitten
1/18/2012, 12:46 PM
I have noticed it's always apartment complexes that try to screw you. I've usually had better luck renting from individual homeowners.

Frozen Sooner
1/18/2012, 12:56 PM
It's part of the apartment complex' business model, I think.

Also, if you don't get part of your deposit back, demand an accounting. Under ULTA, you have the right to one. Get every penny accounted for and demand to see receipts.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 01:05 PM
So, I got an ex gf who has decided after living with me for three months that she wants to get testy with me about being kicked out. We never had a lease, she never paid a dime. She has no lease, no name on utilities, nothing but a pile of **** in my garage after she "moved out" on Saturday. She's claiming her ambulance chaser this and that, she wasn't served her 30 days notice this or that, yada-yada-yada.

Basically she's pissed because I changed my locks Saturday. Now, Tulsa County Sherriff, my home owners insurance agent and most everyone I know says I have a right to do that because she was not under lease and never established residency here. I'm trying to be nice and she's decided to be a typical bitter female about all of this.

I wanna be sure I have this right because she's a sue-happy person.

So....have you been served?

goingoneight
1/20/2012, 12:23 AM
Nope. But speaking of which, Discover Bank had someone serve her papers today. Sbe's being sued for $4,000 by them, just had an $8,000 car repo'd over the weekend, too. She covered her tracks purdy well til I got pissed off at her and did some homework. I know, I know... like VK said. I'm the moron for not figuring this stuff out to begin with.

olevetonahill
1/20/2012, 06:41 AM
Hell bro, IF we culled all the Crazies out we would never get laid :excitement:

oudavid1
1/20/2012, 08:53 AM
thanks all... feel free to copycat thread now and/or post more advice or funny stories.

Sorry this happened. Girls can be a real punk bi**h.

olevetonahill
1/20/2012, 12:08 PM
Sorry this happened. Girls can be a real punk bi**h.

Says the KID with LESS experience than Sic Em

oudavid1
1/20/2012, 12:46 PM

lol not sure about that. ;)

oudavid1
1/20/2012, 12:48 PM

lol not sure about that. ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
1/20/2012, 01:15 PM
Nope. But speaking of which, Discover Bank had someone serve her papers today. Sbe's being sued for $4,000 by them, just had an $8,000 car repo'd over the weekend, too. She covered her tracks purdy well til I got pissed off at her and did some homework. I know, I know... like VK said. I'm the moron for not figuring this stuff out to begin with.

So, did you turn the info over to them???

Those people are sooo stupid... Someone with the same name as my wife (with exception of middle initial) was a dead beat. We would get calls for her from the credit people all the time. I kept telling them they had the wrong person and the person at our address had a different middle name. They then asked for Mrs. THA's SSN, I told them like hell and they needed to do their research better than just skip tracing the name...Eventually the either found the woman or gave up. Hell I even told them the deadbeat's middle name. It was a revelation to them :eek:

I Am Right
1/20/2012, 04:52 PM
Sue somebody "Its the American Way"

Wishboned
1/20/2012, 06:47 PM

Amen brother.

Jacie
1/21/2012, 11:55 AM
I bet I am not the only one who follow this thread (and any others of a similar vein) eagerly awaiting the next installment to see what plot twists or calamitious events happened to the OP as if it were a soap opera.

Such drama! Such pathos!

FirstandGoal
1/22/2012, 03:51 PM

So can we get back to this please?

Seriously, why is it that every single bat **** crazy woman out there has a man? Was she able to suck a golf ball through a garden hose or something? Cause if not, then I just don't get it.

8timechamps
1/22/2012, 11:45 PM
So can we get back to this please?

Seriously, why is it that every single bat **** crazy woman out there has a man? Was she able to suck a golf ball through a garden hose or something? Cause if not, then I just don't get it.

There's a saying, "the hotter the woman, the crazier the woman". I did NOT come up with that btw, however, in my personal experience, there has been some truth to that.

Now, before all of you beautiful women get upset, let me just say that I KNOW that's not the actual truth. BUT, like I said, I have had a little experience with that (that's for a different thread).

Anyway, to answer VK's original question, my incident happened over 5 years ago, and it's the first (and last) time I've ever been in that kind of situation. I learned a very valuable lesson from it, and am determined to NEVER repeat it.

My weakness (when it comes to judgment) has been my choices with women. I loath drama, and I think I'm just easily sucked in. I like to think that at this point in my life, I've lived through enough mistakes to be in a position to make better decisions (when it comes to women).

Also, we're pretty dumb and like boobies a lot.

FirstandGoal
1/23/2012, 11:11 AM
Also, we're pretty dumb and like boobies a lot.

Thanks for an honest answer....

AND my new sig! :D

SoonerTerry
1/23/2012, 11:24 AM

So your saying only a crazy woman would have the sects with us?..

There's a saying, "the hotter the woman, the crazier the woman". I did NOT come up with that btw, however, in my personal experience, there has been some truth to that.

Now, before all of you beautiful women get upset, let me just say that I KNOW that's not the actual truth. BUT, like I said, I have had a little experience with that (that's for a different thread).

"Whenever you see a blistering hot woman just remember there is a dude out there that is sick of taking her sh!t"
-Not mine-

Wishboned
1/23/2012, 12:25 PM
Sometimes crazy is sneaky. I've had experiences where they've hidden their true face until it's too late.

Now I just assume they're crazy when I meet them. Saves a lot of time.

Viking Kitten
1/23/2012, 12:29 PM
See, I think that's smart. I view skepticism as a healthy thing.

achiro
1/23/2012, 12:33 PM
Sometimes crazy is sneaky. I've had experiences where they've hidden their true face until it's too late.

Now I just assume they're crazy when I meet them. Saves a lot of time.
So what you are saying is you drive them to crazy.

Jacie
1/23/2012, 12:42 PM
Another crazy woman story.

Last year a week before I was to dj a wedding reception, my wife, doing what we always do for these jobs, emails the schedule and events based on the information we had received from the couple. Within minutes, the groom is on the phone with wife yelling at her that she upset his bride and there is no way they agreed to what my wife had sent them.

When we dj, one of our conditions is that we are paid (hourly) from the time the guests arrive. Groom claimed he never agreed to that (we had the contract with fiancee's signature) and we would not be paid until two hours into the event.

After the two of them went back and forth a few times, it was my turn to make the call back. I was reasonable the whole time, tried to get things back on track but the guy insisted that we had agreed to his terms, not the ones we go by for every job we do. Ultimately, I wound up not doing the guy's reception.

Since it was the upset woman who had hired me, wifey does some googling of her name. A local blog came up with her name in it. One poster related that she had slept with every married man in this one town (highly possible since it is a very small town) and had moved to another one on the other side of the county (which was where the groom lived).

A second poster said she broke up a family and had moved in with the guy (presumably the groom).

A third poster told how she would accuse co-workers of saying things about her and stir things up that way.

How badly I wanted to call the guy back, point him the blog and say I hope the sex was worth it because your fiancee is a drama queen and the way she's acting now is a taste of how their life together will go from here on out.

Wishboned
1/23/2012, 02:03 PM
So what you are saying is you drive them to crazy.

That is a distinct possibility.

As I was told recently by an ex-girlfriend, "You're an easy man to love, but a hard man to live with."

And I can't argue with that.

47straight
1/23/2012, 02:25 PM
I've always had a crazy-radar and avoided the truly crazy ones, and never understood why my buddies couldn't see the same. I can smell it. And everything else shuts down.

olevetonahill
1/23/2012, 02:31 PM
I bet I am not the only one who follow this thread (and any others of a similar vein) eagerly awaiting the next installment to see what plot twists or calamitious events happened to the OP as if it were a soap opera.

Such drama! Such pathos!

Dont know how Goingoneights story will unfold , But the Ole gal I hauled off, later got ranned over by a damned Ole Train
True

8timechamps
1/23/2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks for an honest answer....

AND my new sig! :D

Yeah, I probably could have just saved a lot of time and used just that part of my post as an answer, since it is kinda true.

OKC-SLC
1/24/2012, 01:59 PM
PIITB.

olevetonahill
1/24/2012, 02:03 PM
PIITB.
Thats another reason we Like the Crazy yainches :very_drunk:

OKC-SLC
1/24/2012, 02:39 PM
Thats another reason we Like the Crazy yainches :very_drunk:

Word.

Word.