I kinda liked the guy.

He was just too small a fish.

5-0

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/16/2012, 09:02 PM
He was a Lemon Fish

badger
1/16/2012, 09:03 PM
Its unfortunate that campaign sponsors take early primaries so seriously and yank candidate funding after a bad showing in new hampshire.

i mean, can anyone name any city in new hampshire besides the capitol? can anyone name anything about new hampshire aside from it being the first state primary in the presidential campaign (and don't say "it's a new england state" or "it's an original-thirteen colony state" or something lame like that).

hawaii 5-0
1/16/2012, 10:45 PM
It's got purdy leaves in the Fall.

5-0

bigfatjerk
1/16/2012, 11:08 PM
If Huntsman came out like Paul or Cain and said he was going to cut from the budget from the start he would have had a shot. But he started out slow and never really got any traction. He just always seemed too much like the establishment to really distinguish himself from the pack. But Paul and Huntsman were pretty much the only two talking about cutting actual spending. Paul has just been more specific on the details.

SicEmBaylor
1/16/2012, 11:35 PM
Eh...

Good riddance to another elitist Washington insider/statist Republican.

Will not miss.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/17/2012, 12:00 AM
Not ready for prime time, but I liked him a lot.

SicEmBaylor
1/17/2012, 03:16 AM
Not ready for prime time, but I liked him a lot.
You and the other five people must be very upset.

okie52
1/17/2012, 04:10 AM
You and the other five people must be very upset.

4 of them were illegals.

SicEmBaylor
1/17/2012, 04:12 AM
4 of them were illegals.
HAHAHAHAHA. Green to you, sir, green.

East Coast Bias
1/17/2012, 11:39 AM
Its unfortunate that campaign sponsors take early primaries so seriously and yank candidate funding after a bad showing in new hampshire.

i mean, can anyone name any city in new hampshire besides the capitol? can anyone name anything about new hampshire aside from it being the first state primary in the presidential campaign (and don't say "it's a new england state" or "it's an original-thirteen colony state" or something lame like that).

That's not very nice, I can name a lot of things about New Hampshire. You think anyone on this side of the country has heard of any Oklahoma towns other than Tulsa or OKC? I know you think Okla is the center of the universe, but history does have value.When we say things are old in Oklahoma, we go all the way back to the dust-bowl. When people talk about things that are old here, the reference is to the 16oo's.

Ton Loc
1/17/2012, 12:09 PM
New Hampshire - It's one of those states you forget about until someone reminds you its next to Vermont. (You know, Vermont, that tiny state next to New York)

All jokes aside. Huntsman is just another political robot with a human costume. God forbid any of these candidates make a speech that isn't them parrotting word for word what a group of writers slammed together the previous night.

KantoSooner
1/17/2012, 12:55 PM
Huntsman wasn't ready to run for president. That's pretty obvious. He was underfunded, under-organized and hasn't yet understood that you have to have some insane larger than life issue/sound bite to get your jihadi's riled up.

What he is ready to do is be an outstanding Secy of State. He's got the educational background, would bring the perspective of having run a heavy industrial company, has actually lived in foreign countries (and speaks perhaps the most important language other than English in the world today) and has diplomatic experience. He has some degree of personal style (riding his Harley through Tien An Men Square was pretty cool), a highly presentable family and zero personal scandal baggage.
He is the only one of the candidates, from the evidence of the debates, to have spent more than casual time considering foreign affairs.

OULenexaman
1/17/2012, 12:58 PM
That's not very nice, I can name a lot of things about New Hampshire. You think anyone on this side of the country has heard of any Oklahoma towns other than Tulsa or OKC? I know you think Okla is the center of the universe, but history does have value.When we say things are old in Oklahoma, we go all the way back to the dust-bowl. When people talk about things that are old here, the reference is to the 16oo's. Well then name us something there mr New Hamster.....cause this summer Ima taking a trip up through there....http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/ 1st stop...

East Coast Bias
1/17/2012, 04:11 PM
Well then name us something there mr New Hamster.....cause this summer Ima taking a trip up through there....http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/ 1st stop...
Its an outdoor paradise, much like Maine. There are some spectacular camp grounds in the mountains, the North Conway area would be my choice.The main attraction is the 12-mile coastline.You can go on some all day fishing excursions out of the local harbor in my town that are unbelievable.You go 12 miles out to sea(drinking beer and partying on the way) fish, then party on the way back. There are never any crowds and Boston and all it offers is an hour away. I have a terrible existence myself, I live 4 houses from the ocean with a pool in the back yard. You can hear the ocean through the walls at night.The winters are a little cold but I can stand at my front door and watch the girls in their bikinis go by in the Summer. As far as i know i am the only Oklahoma redneck up here. Let me know when you are here,we can have a beer and I will give you the tour.

soonercruiser
1/17/2012, 10:58 PM
If Huntsman came out like Paul or Cain and said he was going to cut from the budget from the start he would have had a shot. But he started out slow and never really got any traction. He just always seemed too much like the establishment to really distinguish himself from the pack. But Paul and Huntsman were pretty much the only two talking about cutting actual spending. Paul has just been more specific on the details.

This is what I don't get about Huntsman.....and he seemed so angry that he wasn't more popular.
His views allign up more with Ron Paul.
So, why did he just endorse another Mormon instead? :cat:
Even Glen Beck didn't do that! :smiley_simmons: