PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant was allegedly involved in a physical altercation

SoCal
1/16/2012, 11:48 AM
Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was allegedly involved in a physical altercation at a nightclub in Miami on Sunday night, according to a report from Black Sports Online. A source told the website about the incident and he was "possibly arrested," though nothing has been confirmed at this time.

Details are still sketchy at this point, and it is only one source that the site is using, so it is best to wait for official confirmation of anything before jumping to conclusions.

Bryant was the Cowboys' first-round pick in 2010 with the 27th overall selection. He was one of the most talented players coming out of college, but questions about his character and work ethic pushed him down to the bottom of the first round.

He has had some problems since coming into the NFL. Last year, he was supposedly involved in an incident with mall cops that led to a criminal trespassing warning and being asked to leave. The team has come out an expressed concerns about Bryant and his behavior in recent months.

Again, it is important to remember that these latest allegations have not been confirmed, so it is possible this latest incident ends up being nothing.

It is a little disheartening to see Bryant's name keep popping up in alleged off-field transgressions because he could be one of the best receivers in the NFL if he wanted to be.

The Cowboys will no doubt monitor this situation closely and listen to Bryant's side of the story. He deserves the right to defend himself and possibly clear up any misconceptions in the report.

We will continue to pay attention to this story and update you on any further developments as they become available.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1026034-dez-bryant-reportedly-in-physical-altercation-at-club-play

Boomer.....
1/16/2012, 11:55 AM
Sounds about right.

jumperstop
1/16/2012, 11:56 AM
Black Sports Online? Sounds like reverse racism to me...

LVSOONER15
1/16/2012, 12:05 PM
Kid seems to love trouble.

birddog
1/16/2012, 12:05 PM
you think a "white sports online" would go over well? how bouts a "white entertainment television"?

all this article says, we already knew. anybody who plays for the cowboys college AND pro blow.

BoulderSooner79
1/16/2012, 12:08 PM
It's the offseason for Dez; the man is entitled to a hobby.

badger
1/16/2012, 12:09 PM
As much as I would love to point my finger and be all like "SEE? SEE?! You stupid Pokes and your stupid athletes are stupid too so stop giggling everytime one of our guys gets caught for a seat belt violation!" ...as much as I would love to do that, pro athletes get caught in bad situations all of the time where someone gets drunk, wants to prove how tough they are and so they punch the most famous/tall/big/rich/whatever guy they can find in a bar.

Should he try to avoid those potential situations? Yeah, but they can't be avoided altogether I guess, unless you are a boring shut-in, which I wouldn't expect a young, single guy like Dez to be.

OULenexaman
1/16/2012, 12:12 PM
If I had Bill Callihan coming in to coach on my team with the title of O coord I'd wanna beat someone's a$$ too..

jumperstop
1/16/2012, 12:19 PM
As much as I would love to point my finger and be all like "SEE? SEE?! You stupid Pokes and your stupid athletes are stupid too so stop giggling everytime one of our guys gets caught for a seat belt violation!" ...as much as I would love to do that, pro athletes get caught in bad situations all of the time where someone gets drunk, wants to prove how tough they are and so they punch the most famous/tall/big/rich/whatever guy they can find in a bar.

Should he try to avoid those potential situations? Yeah, but they can't be avoided altogether I guess, unless you are a boring shut-in, which I wouldn't expect a young, single guy like Dez to be.

I don't think any of OU's nfl people have been in the news as much as Dez Bryant. Even Blackmon who is a retard probably won't see as much negative press. In your attempt to be unbiased, you're giving Dez entirely to much credit. He's a gangster wanna be retard with too much money...

stoops the eternal pimp
1/16/2012, 12:23 PM
Black Sports Online linked through Bleacher Report...Deer lowered

badger
1/16/2012, 12:37 PM
In your attempt to be unbiased, you're giving Dez entirely to much credit. He's a gangster wanna be retard with too much money...

On the contrary --- he doesn't have enough money. That's what he gets for being so desperate to not hold out to make Jerry and Dallas fans happy... he shortchanged himself in the last year that NFL first rounders could actually get paid right away and as an end result, likely will never get paid enough to suit his new lifestyle, hehe. :D

Dio
1/16/2012, 01:41 PM
Million dollar talent with a five dollar brain.

Jacie
1/16/2012, 01:50 PM
Every few years another bad boy joins the ranks of the NFL, I think television contracts require there be one. With T.O. on the way out and Kellen Winslow II going mellow (married and has a kid now), the league was desparate for a new one. So along comes Dez, fresh from college where his legacy is assured with a taunting rule named in his honor.

Seamus
1/16/2012, 02:02 PM
Black Sports Online? Sounds like reverse racism to me...

No such thing. Racism is racism, regardless of target.

sooneron
1/16/2012, 02:15 PM
you think a "white sports online" would go over well? how bouts a "white entertainment television"?

Quick! Name a show on a major network with primarily a black cast or storyline. See? Kind of makes sense for there to be a BET.
I would agree that Black Sports Online is a little silly as it's slightly redundant. Unless it covers a lot of hockey and curling.

OULenexaman
1/16/2012, 02:20 PM
The Jeffersons on Ice...

badger
1/16/2012, 02:29 PM
Quick! Name a show on a major network with primarily a black cast or storyline.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/056/545/84652301_crop_650x440.jpg
NFL Network's Gameday crew. By far my favorite NFL pregame show. Fox, CBS and ESPN all try too hard to be funny.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/16/2012, 03:20 PM
too bad he doesn't do this on the football field

CowboyMRW
1/16/2012, 09:45 PM
Every few years another bad boy joins the ranks of the NFL, I think television contracts require there be one. With T.O. on the way out and Kellen Winslow II going mellow (married and has a kid now), the league was desparate for a new one. So along comes Dez, fresh from college where his legacy is assured with a taunting rule named in his honor.

What taunting rule are you speaking of?

I don't think any of OU's nfl people have been in the news as much as Dez Bryant. Even Blackmon who is a retard probably won't see as much negative press. In your attempt to be unbiased, you're giving Dez entirely to much credit. He's a gangster wanna be retard with too much money...

Definitely the first I've heard of this. The kid made one mistake at OSU and he's a retard?

Dez needs to realize he has All-Pro talent. Quit being so dumb, stay out of trouble, and play football. He's wasting so much God-given talent it saddens me

CowboyMRW
1/16/2012, 09:51 PM
From another site:

He was trying to raise money to protect his mother from Craig James.

TheUnnamedSooner
1/17/2012, 10:17 AM
Quick! Name a show on a major network with primarily a black cast or storyline.

The Cleveland Show

UberSooner
1/17/2012, 11:35 AM
The Cleveland Show

Cosby, Fat albert, Different Strokes, that show with "movin on up" theme song. The list goes on and on.

goingoneight
1/17/2012, 12:01 PM
T. Boone and Jerrah have done a lot of sweeping under the rug for Dez in recent years it seems.

Mississippi Sooner
1/17/2012, 01:13 PM
Cosby, Fat albert, Different Strokes, that show with "movin on up" theme song. The list goes on and on.

Not to mention the half-dozen or so shows produced by Tyler Perry.

LVSOONER15
1/17/2012, 01:32 PM
Isn't Dez pretty broke asa well. What a head case.

ouleaf
1/17/2012, 02:27 PM
how bouts a "white entertainment television"?

That's already exists....it's called television.

Quick! Name a show on a major network with primarily a black cast or storyline. TBS has had quite a few in recent years. Tyler Perry's spin-offs and the other show with Terry Crews.

Dio
1/17/2012, 04:15 PM
From another site: He was trying to raise money to protect his mother from Craig James.

5 dead hookers don't lie....allegedly

SoonerTerry
1/17/2012, 04:28 PM
but a Tebow thread gets 8 pages of bashing...

Lets pile on THIS mother****er.!

Seamus
1/23/2012, 02:26 PM
The kid made one mistake at OSU and he's a retard?

He went to OSU. He's qualified.