PDA

View Full Version : Big loss for us, GREAT move for Brent if he gets the Clemson DC job...

soonerboy_odanorth
1/15/2012, 04:34 PM
Their OC just landed a contract for $1.3 mil samoleans. If Brent comes up to about that $1 mil range that would effectively double his salary and give him 100% control... NICE!

Regarding our recruiting this year, we should be ok with our offensive targets... but defensively I wonder if we don't lose a couple more. Eric Striker, LB out of FL, and Charles Tapper, DE out of MD, would be of particular concern. I would not be surprised in the least if they followed Brent to Clemson. On the positive side of it maybe that will clue in the cabal that wanted the coup as to what it means to lose a really good coach.

Having said that... replacements? Did I read that if there were to be an opening Randy Shannon expressed interest? Or was that just message board rumor mill? It would be pretty exciting to bring him in. Definitely would keep a pipeline open to FL prospects. Rumor has it he can coach a lil' LB, too.

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 04:50 PM
Their OC just landed a contract for $1.3 mil samoleans. If Brent comes up to about that $1 mil range that would effectively double his salary and give him 100% control... NICE!

Regarding our recruiting this year, we should be ok with our offensive targets... but defensively I wonder if we don't lose a couple more. Eric Striker, LB out of FL, and Charles Tapper, DE out of MD, would be of particular concern. I would not be surprised in the least if they followed Brent to Clemson. On the positive side of it maybe that will clue in the cabal that wanted the coup as to what it means to lose a really good coach.

Having said that... replacements? Did I read that if there were to be an opening Randy Shannon expressed interest? Or was that just message board rumor mill? It would be pretty exciting to bring him in. Definitely would keep a pipeline open to FL prospects. Rumor has it he can coach a lil' LB, too.

You're the one saying Brent is gone. Post the links. It's not like if you read a few of them that have been posted that the answer isn't in them.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/15/2012, 05:23 PM
You're the one saying Brent is gone. Post the links. It's not like if you read a few of them that have been posted that the answer isn't in them.

I said nothing of the sort. Now you are just making **** up. The post title includes a very important word- "IF". Do I need to pepper every ****ing sentence with it to get it through to the simpletons that this is speculation or suppostition? (Which I'll add... Isn't that kind of the fun of a message board? Or do you come here for your source of truth? Maybe you need to re-evaluate.)

And in the last paragraph I am doing nothing but asking a question. I thought I read it somewhere... yes I am too lazy to go searching right now... and no, there is no hidden meaning. They are ****ing questions. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you have a problem with it, look in the mirror to find the source of your issues.

stoopified
1/15/2012, 05:24 PM
I'll be shocked if Brent leaves for any asst coaching gig much less Clemson.

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 05:26 PM
Clemson sure seems like he headed back to Norman to pack his bags and tell his Wife to call Mayflower......lol

Also to tell Bob that he got outbid by some guy named Dabo....LMAO

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 05:30 PM
n/m

CowboyMRW
1/15/2012, 05:31 PM
What went down with Dabo and Alabama? I was reading a few boards that was saying that Bama fans absolutely loathe him.

BASSooner
1/15/2012, 05:50 PM
What went down with Dabo and Alabama? I was reading a few boards that was saying that Bama fans absolutely loathe him.
probably because he hired kevin steele (who is now out of the job) away from them

cccasooner2
1/15/2012, 05:54 PM
Great move? I don't know what Clemson is offering but it seems the OU "good will" (despite the SF negs) might be worth more than the difference in the long haul. Clemson has been a turnstile for a while now. I don't know, pocket the $250k for a couple of years and become an ESPN analyst if things don't work out? After all, there is only one Clemson!

soonerboy_odanorth
1/15/2012, 05:56 PM
After all, there is only one Clemson!

Heh. Well played, sir, well played.

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 06:03 PM
Just the amount of money that Clemson is trying to juggle to outbid Bob for Brent and then also payout the last guys salary to boot makes me think that Brent would only take that job unless the money is over $750,000 towards a Million.

No idea how deep our pockets are but I'd bet deeper than some BV Haters think.

cleller
1/15/2012, 06:37 PM

Swinney played ball at Bama, and was also a GA there.

I like the guy. Reminds me some of Bob Stoops circa 1999.

ictsooner7
1/15/2012, 06:57 PM
Big loss for us? He gave up OU single game records for yardage TWICE this year.

SoonerMom2
1/15/2012, 07:15 PM
The flight from Clemson to OKC has been taken off the board after it was delayed for whatever reason. Maybe he did go to the basketball game.

Stooper
1/15/2012, 07:26 PM
Taken off what board?

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 07:30 PM
Taken off what board?

Sittler's Board....lol

http://www.greatdreams.com/ouija.gif

C&CDean
1/15/2012, 07:35 PM
Big loss for us? He gave up OU single game records for yardage TWICE this year.

Did he really? How many times did he get burned over the top? How many times did he make crappy arm tackles? Sheez, some of y'all are ****ing idiots.

SoonerMom2
1/15/2012, 07:37 PM
The flight tracker board -- plane was listed to arrive at 7:30 in OKC but then it was delayed at Clemson and then totally removed.

This is the new tweet from Blevins as I knew you all couldn't wait to see it :):

DeanBlevins Dean Blevins
Re #OU & Venables--Getting new info around 8...will post but have everything on @News9Sport - The Blitz tonight at 10:30--on time tonight!

cccasooner2
1/15/2012, 07:42 PM
Did he really? How many times did he get burned over the top? How many times did he make crappy arm tackles? Sheez, some of y'all are ****ing idiots.

Packers got you upset? You closed a post I was trying to set the record straight and make sure OU would never lose another game. OK, I'll save it for another year.

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 07:45 PM
Sounds like Clemson got that flight cancelled and are gonna hold Brent Hostage now....lol

SoonerMom2
1/15/2012, 07:45 PM
According to Flight Tracker, a plane has now left Clemson for OKC and should be here about 9:30. Must be flying higher since it just popped up on flight tracker when it had disappeared earlier off the flight tracker board. It has been in the air about 45 minutes.

Note if the plane flies at low altitude, it is not tracked according to what I have been told by some people who fly private planes.

SoonerMom2
1/15/2012, 07:47 PM
This is so funny that I cannot quit laughing -- even the Flight Tracker has posted the flight, taken it off, put it back on, taken it off again, and now the plane is in the air. Wonder if the sports media are going to meet the plane?

PalmettoSooner
1/15/2012, 08:08 PM
If BV does go to Clemson, he's going to a place where (IMO) that he is a better coach than their HC. Dabo has been the HC for 3 years and before that he was a WR coach and a real-estate salesman. The only reason he looked good this year was because of the OC Chad Morris (Dabo went 6-7 the year before calling the plays). Also, if memory serves me that Dabo got the job three years ago when BV was interviewed for the HC position. If BV goes, he might excel b/c of the crappy teams in the ACC.

TXBOOMER
1/15/2012, 08:24 PM
I think a lack of talent was our biggest problem this year on defense. We were good in a few positions but not across the board. Very average front 7 overall. BV is a good coach I hope he stays. If he goes I wish hime the best.