PDA

View Full Version : Is Tebowmania dead now?

SoonernAR
1/15/2012, 09:48 AM
So can we all now agree that Tim Tebow is not a good quarterback and that just being an overt Christian doesn't get you a free pass on criticism of your skills on the field. Yes Denver put together a string of wins to get into the post-season but it had more to do with his leadership and a team believing they could win against the odds. But when finally confronted with a clearly superior team and coaching staff, they got squashed. Maybe during the off-season he can develop some passing accuracy and ability to read defenses, and become at least a system quarterback that won't hurt his team.

boomersooner28
1/15/2012, 09:58 AM
Who?

olevetonahill
1/15/2012, 09:59 AM
Naw , they will resurrect him next year

SoonernAR
1/15/2012, 10:00 AM
Naw , they will resurrect him next year
I thought it only took 3 days, :angel:

SanJoaquinSooner
1/15/2012, 10:02 AM
We can also put to rest the idea that Denver had a great defense.

New England had a bye week and the coaching staff probably developed a more thorough game plan in defending the option. That seemed apparent.

But, yeah, Tim Tebow got David Bowied this week.

AlboSooner
1/15/2012, 10:05 AM
I don't think Tebow has received a pass on criticism. On the contrary.
I do think that a bust like Vince Young has received a pass on criticism. I do think that a bust like Matt Lienhart has received a pass from criticism.
Tebow has been more successful than those guys, and both VY and ML were top ten draft picks.

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 10:57 AM
So can we all now agree that Tim Tebow is not a good quarterback and that just being an overt Christian doesn't get you a free pass on criticism of your skills on the field. Yes Denver put together a string of wins to get into the post-season but it had more to do with his leadership and a team believing they could win against the odds. But when finally confronted with a clearly superior team and coaching staff, they got squashed. Maybe during the off-season he can develop some passing accuracy and ability to read defenses, and become at least a system quarterback that won't hurt his team.
You kind of talk yourself out of your own question by asking if we can agree that he's not a good QB but he is a good leader who can get his Team to believe they can win against the odds.

I mean....if Denver had been a great Team and Tebow was replacing the likes of Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers and they had lost.....I'd say he wasn't a good QB or able to lead his Team. Thing is Tebow showed that he could improve and not only win some games but get his Team into the playoffs.

I think you drop all this stuff about him being a Overt Christian and the free pass stuff.

Tebow and the Broncos Season is over and unless Denver goes into the Draft looking for someone to replace Tebow or tries to pick up a Free Agent QB......they will seem to be leaning towards seeing just how much better, if at all, Tebow can get in the off-season and then in Pre-Season re-evaluate him or they will simply dump the idea of building a system around him and replace him with a more conventional NFL QB.

IMO....Tebowmania isn't gone until He's been replaced as the starting QB and even then....unless the next guy gets them to the playoffs or Denver tries to trade Tebow.....any replacement of Tebow within the Broncos will lead to another "Put Tebow In!" by Fans in Denver and the Mania will be right back in every NFL Fans Face....especially if Tebow and the Team begin to win like they did this year.

SoonerMom2
1/15/2012, 11:02 AM
Tebow mania has been over the top for so long that even a short break would be good. All you had to last night was watch the on field interviews with Brady and his tight end and see CBS breaking away to show Tebow walking down the field to know the mania is alive and well. I didn't like Tebow hype at FL and it is worse at Denver when 44% of respondents say in a poll that God is favoring Tebow. How about the rest of the players who are Christian? They don't count? This over the top hype was even criticized by the ESPN radio people that their brethren on the TV side had lost all perspective and it was Tebow time all the time.

Tebow is not a good quarterback and the teams that played Denver twice -- KC and NE proved that. He runs a gimmick offense that when you see it in person the second time, the defenses are adjusting. Deer in the headlights is what I saw. As for the Denver defense, they sucked as well.

First time ever I have rooted for New England but I wanted Tebow hype to be shown that the hype was way over the top. Eventually hype catches up and it did this time! Thank you New England! Cannot believe I am saying that!

Lott's Bandana
1/15/2012, 11:29 AM
Isn't the very nature of this thread...

?

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 11:30 AM
I just heard ESPN showing the highlights of the Bronco Pats Game and saying that Tebows problems were from bad Offensive Line Play.

oumartin
1/15/2012, 11:41 AM
Who's win pct is better? Tims or Sams?

Jacie
1/15/2012, 12:00 PM
Tebowmania dead? No, just the Broncos.

Breadburner
1/15/2012, 01:04 PM
The guys a jerk-off.....

setem
1/15/2012, 01:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sBQZS.jpg

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 01:23 PM
The guys a jerk-off.....

That's not what God thought when he put up the halo over Mile High Stadium. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdyMMSAZguA

More Halo Pics....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/09/mile-high-halo-over-broncos_n_1194204.html#s599518&title=Halo2

SoonerMom2
1/15/2012, 01:34 PM
The pics of the Broncos stadium made me laugh!

oudavid1
1/15/2012, 01:39 PM
I love Tebow, and I love the story.

1. HE DOES SUCK. HE IS SO BAD.
2. He wins.
3. He is humble and real (dont care if you dont agree, I know people who have met him and say he is just a nice person).
4. He uses his platform to spread his message but dosnt over do it (unlike media and fans)

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 01:46 PM
You can't tweet a halo like that.

bluedogok
1/15/2012, 01:46 PM
I just heard ESPN showing the highlights of the Bronco Pats Game and saying that Tebows problems were from bad Offensive Line Play.
Just last week it was incredible offensive line play that helped with the win.....

Tebow is the only QB under contract for next season, Brady Quinn is a free agent so Tebow will be back. I think they played him to see what they had and didn't expect for things to go as they did. I would imagine that Elway tries to draft a QB but probably not a first rounder since they moved so far down the draft order and bringing in a free agent veteran to round out the position. I don't expect either of those to be Tebow-like QB's, they will more than likely be pro-style QB's as I think that is the offense that both Elway and Fox would prefer to play. Maybe Weeden if he drops to the second round, I think Tannehill is too erratic and throws too many picks for Fox but if he falls to the fifth round or something like they might take a chance. One writer here suggested getting Peyton Manning (if healthy) as free agent if Indy cuts him because of the $28 million roster bonus due in the off season. The O-Line is solid but young, the Kuper injury hurt a lot yesterday. They need help at many positions, at RB McGahee is older and Moreno could be declared first round bust by now, they need a receiving tight end and more depth at receiver and O-Line. The defense was a good defense once they got healthy but they still have a lot of holes to fill because many are getting older like Bailey and Dawkins and are lacking in quality depth. Quentin and Chris Harris played well in spots, as expected from rookies. The Pats have pretty much shredded most defenses and even elite defenses at time, you can't turn the ball over and expect to beat them. Not that I thought the Broncos as currently constructed stood much of a chance anyway.

As far as the Tebowmania aspect, some jumped off the bandwagon after the Chiefs loss and I am sure more did after last night's game. If he comes out next year and struggles from the start people will start jumping ship en masse. The Tebowners will always be Tebowners, their worship of him has nothing to do with football ability or performance. The Cult of Tebow doesn't require the use of logic.

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 01:59 PM
I kind of joined in after he started winning games and got his Team to the Playoffs. I did it as I think he's sincere in his faith and I think he was good enough to get some folks to believe he can play QB.

I didn't join a cult....I simply made an observation.

Jacie
1/15/2012, 02:13 PM
Bradford vs Tebow

Games Played
Sam Bradford - 26 (1 full season, 2/3 of another)
Tim Tebow - 14 (3/4 of a season + 2 playoff games)
Advantage: Bradford

Passing & Yardage
Sam Bradford - 545/947 (57.5%), 24 TD, 21 INT, 5676 yds (218.3 yds/game)
Tim Tebow - 126/271 (46.5), 12 TD, 6 INT, 1729 yds (123.5 yds/game)

Rushing & Yardage (including sacks and lost yards)
Sam Bradford - 45 for 89 yds (3.4 yds/game), 1 TD, 17 fumbles, 9 lost, 70 sacks for 472 yds
Tim Tebow - 122 for 660 yds (47.1 yds/game), 6 TD, 13 fumbles, 6 lost, 33 sacks for 225 yds
Advantage: Tebow

Record
Sam Bradford 3-23
Tim Tebow 8-6

What it comes down to is do NFL teams prefer a passing quarterback in a losing effort or a running quarterback who happens to win games?

For the record, the Rams fired their coach following 2011, not their quarterback . . .

Scott D
1/15/2012, 02:14 PM
No. He's too polarizing a figure, and let's be fair, he's the perfect vehicle for the evangelistic crowd to attach their trailer to.

I personally bear the guy no ill will, and would have no problem with him doing well.

I'm lying, as a Raiders fan I want the guy to crash and burn in a major way.

Besides, give it a couple of years, the shelf life of the media being positive about him is going to run out by then and they'll be digging and trying to create scandals to bring him down in the public's opinion.

oumartin
1/15/2012, 02:15 PM
My point is this. Rip Tebow all you want but he's won more games in less time played than Bradford has.

I love Sam and think it's more the franchise than the player but holy smoke you can't tell me 23 losses in 2 years doesn't look awful.

AlboSooner
1/15/2012, 02:20 PM
If anybody believes that oumartino loves Sam B then I have some ocean-side property in the Ok panhandle I'd like to sell to you.

oumartin
1/15/2012, 02:32 PM
If anybody believes that oumartino loves Sam B then I have some ocean-side property in the Ok panhandle I'd like to sell to you.

Thinking you know what I believe just proves your ignorance.
oh well, nothing new

bluedogok
1/15/2012, 02:38 PM
Besides, give it a couple of years, the shelf life of the media being positive about him is going to run out by then and they'll be digging and trying to create scandals to bring him down in the public's opinion.
I thought that would've happened by now but Tebow also seems to know to stay out of things that could put him in a negative light to the media. Eventually thigh the media that builds you up is ultimately the same media that tears you down.

Troup - we have plenty of the "Tebow Cult" here in Denver, you can be a Tebow fan without being part of the Tebow cult. Maybe it is just being exposed to the types who view anything negative said about his playing ability as attacking him and his faith. To the religious cult sect of Tebow they cannot separate his on-field play from his religion. What's even funnier is the non-religious Tebow cultists, they are just as fervent in their criticism of anything negative about Tebow being classified as being a "hater". It just borders on the ridiculous. Even the most delusional of the Whorn faithful that I knew in Austin were nowhere close to what the Tebowners here are.

SoonernAR
1/15/2012, 02:55 PM
So some here believe "won" games equates to being a good quarterback, that means Marino sucked then? I am talking about the guy's pure talent and skill at the quarterback position, which is sub-par at best when all things considered.

kevpks
1/15/2012, 03:02 PM
Bradford vs Tebow

Games Played
Sam Bradford - 26 (1 full season, 2/3 of another)
Tim Tebow - 14 (3/4 of a season + 2 playoff games)

Passing & Yardage
Sam Bradford - 545/947 (57.5%), 24 TD, 21 INT, 5676 yds (218.3 yds/game)
Tim Tebow - 126/271 (46.5), 12 TD, 6 INT, 1729 yds (123.5 yds/game)

Rushing & Yardage (including sacks and lost yards)
Sam Bradford - 45 for 89 yds (3.4 yds/game), 1 TD, 17 fumbles, 9 lost, 70 sacks for 472 yds
Tim Tebow - 122 for 660 yds (47.1 yds/game), 6 TD, 13 fumbles, 6 lost, 33 sacks for 225 yds

Record
Sam Bradford 3-23
Tim Tebow 8-6

What it comes down to is do NFL teams prefer a passing quarterback in a losing effort or a running quarterback who happens to win games?

For the record, the Rams fired their coach following 2011, not their quarterback . . .

Bradford is a more talented Alex Smith. Give him the right coach and a few key pieces on offense and he will take the team far. They have had awful personel decisions, especially at the skill positions and O-line. I think they drafted three receivers and a TE last year and they were all terrible.

Jacie
1/15/2012, 03:16 PM
Interesting that Dan Marino's name surfaced in this thread. He ranks among the best NFL quarterbacks ever and yet, for all of his skills and accomplishments, he only made it to the Super Bowl once, his second season.

I agree that Sam Bradford's potential as an NFL-style quarterback exceeds Tim Tebow's, but he may spend his career toiling under subpar coaches or without the surrounding cast it takes to play on a winning team. Whatever the relative differences between the Rams and the Broncos, Denver won games no one thought they would, the Rams lost games everyone expected them to lose.

oumartin
1/15/2012, 03:22 PM
I dont' think anyone here thinks Marino was a bad qb. I dont' think anyone here thinks Sam is a bad qb. But if everyone wants to diss Tebow it's dumb. Nobody here says he's a Peyton Manning or Joe Montana but until the guy proves he can't win in the NFL I think he's got just as much right to be there as the next guy

En_Fuego
1/15/2012, 03:29 PM
Interesting that Dan Marino's name surfaced in this thread. He ranks among the best NFL quarterbacks ever and yet, for all of his skills and accomplishments, he only made it to the Super Bowl once, his second season.

I agree that Sam Bradford's potential as an NFL-style quarterback exceeds Tim Tebow's, but he may spend his career toiling under subpar coaches or without the surrounding cast it takes to play on a winning team. Whatever the relative differences between the Rams and the Broncos, Denver won games no one thought they would, the Rams lost games everyone expected them to lose.

Very interesting considering Sam was behind Bomar. If Bomar panned out, then Sam wouldn't be were he is today.

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 03:42 PM
No. He's too polarizing a figure, and let's be fair, he's the perfect vehicle for the evangelistic crowd to attach their trailer to.

I personally bear the guy no ill will, and would have no problem with him doing well.

I'm lying, as a Raiders fan I want the guy to crash and burn in a major way.

If Al was still alive I'd expect Tebow to be playing with the Raiders in 2-3 years.....

bluedogok
1/15/2012, 03:50 PM
I would trade Tebow for Sam in heartbeat......I bet Elway wouldn't mind it either getting a prototypical type passer. The problem is Tebow has very little trade value (under his current contract/position) because the rest of the league views him as an "athlete" type of player and not a QB. If the Wildcat package was still hot he might have a little more value. I don't want Sam stuck on a perennially bad team like Archie Manning was all of his career. Although in this day of free agency players can do a bit more about it than they could in the past.

I think the last part of the season proved that he can't win in a conventional NFL fashion, EVERYTHING has to fall into place for the Broncos to have a chance to win. That means absolutely no turnovers and extreme pressure on the defense to pitch a shutout in every game. In today's NFL that is not a recipe for long term success. I think he can get better but will always be hamstrung. It wouldn't surprise me for the Broncos to go 6-10 next season after everyone figures out the best defensive approach against the offense with him in there. In my opinion it just doesn't bode well for long term success, see the Dolphins Wildcat experiment as a prime example of how long gimmick offenses last in the NFL.

If Al was still alive I'd expect Tebow to be playing with the Raiders in 2-3 years.....
He was a Heisman winner and every knew how Davis liked to horde those players.

soonerhubs
1/15/2012, 03:52 PM
I dont' think anyone here thinks Marino was a bad qb. I dont' think anyone here thinks Sam is a bad qb. But if everyone wants to diss Tebow it's dumb. Nobody here says he's a Peyton Manning or Joe Montana but until the guy proves he can't win in the NFL I think he's got just as much right to be there as the next guy

This is true.

I suppose I struggle to see him as a successful QB based on the lack of offensive production. His passes seem truly off target, but there may be other variables needing controlled before I conclude that he's completely overrated.

soonerhubs
1/15/2012, 04:17 PM
I sorta see Tebow as the Christian NFL version of Kim Kardashian. He gets so many accolades, but I struggle to see the actual production and stats to back up his attention.

His QB numbers are terrible, but people say "he wins games." Last time I checked, it wasn't Tebow getting those amazing stops and turnovers on defense during the regular season, so I don't buy the "he wins games" argument.

*Rant over*

Scott D
1/15/2012, 04:23 PM

RG3 is more Al's type of QB.

bluedogok
1/15/2012, 04:48 PM
RG3 is more Al's type of QB.
of course...he has a Heisman.

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 05:14 PM
I thought they both have Heisman's and they both got them when their Teams sucked?

Gators went 9-4 in 2007

and BU was 10-3 of course which is a Heisman year for them....lol

I think they both take off running when they can't find WRs....

jcvsooner
1/15/2012, 05:51 PM
I don't think Tebow has received a pass on criticism. On the contrary.
I do think that a bust like Vince Young has received a pass on criticism. I do think that a bust like Matt Lienhart has received a pass from criticism.
Tebow has been more successful than those guys, and both VY and ML were top ten draft picks.

He's been more successful than Leinart, but he hasn't been more successful than Young. (Yet.) Vince Young has more career wins (30 vs 9, if we're counting Tebow's playoff win) and a higher winning percentage (.625 vs .5625) than Tebow, in addition to a better completion percentage (57.9 to 47.3), a higher yards per attempt (6.9 to 6.8). Their running numbers are pretty comparable, with perhaps a slight edge to Tebow, but Young was also less prone to being sacked. Young hasn't won a playoff game, but the Titans turnaround after Young took over as starter in 2009 (they were 0-6 to start the season and then 8-2 after he took over) was even more impressive than the Broncos turnaround this year, though they didn't sneak into the playoffs the way the Broncos did this year. (And I say that as a Broncos fan.)

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 06:14 PM
Young had nicer jewelry and looks much more religious too. :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4ow2Juu7nMo/SMafOCGxzEI/AAAAAAAAHLw/Nrzf7jlC-9w/s400/vince+young+drunk.jpg

Tebow's Jewelry...

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/114181052.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57D5616BD8D20A09227 E1D92CBD733736B38D0BD394EB9C68C8

sooneredaco
1/15/2012, 07:47 PM
Just last week it was incredible offensive line play that helped with the win.....

Tebow is the only QB under contract for next season, Brady Quinn is a free agent so Tebow will be back. I think they played him to see what they had and didn't expect for things to go as they did. I would imagine that Elway tries to draft a QB but probably not a first rounder since they moved so far down the draft order and bringing in a free agent veteran to round out the position. I don't expect either of those to be Tebow-like QB's, they will more than likely be pro-style QB's as I think that is the offense that both Elway and Fox would prefer to play. Maybe Weeden if he drops to the second round, I think Tannehill is too erratic and throws too many picks for Fox but if he falls to the fifth round or something like they might take a chance. One writer here suggested getting Peyton Manning (if healthy) as free agent if Indy cuts him because of the $28 million roster bonus due in the off season. The O-Line is solid but young, the Kuper injury hurt a lot yesterday. They need help at many positions, at RB McGahee is older and Moreno could be declared first round bust by now, they need a receiving tight end and more depth at receiver and O-Line. The defense was a good defense once they got healthy but they still have a lot of holes to fill because many are getting older like Bailey and Dawkins and are lacking in quality depth. Quentin and Chris Harris played well in spots, as expected from rookies. The Pats have pretty much shredded most defenses and even elite defenses at time, you can't turn the ball over and expect to beat them. Not that I thought the Broncos as currently constructed stood much of a chance anyway.

As far as the Tebowmania aspect, some jumped off the bandwagon after the Chiefs loss and I am sure more did after last night's game. If he comes out next year and struggles from the start people will start jumping ship en masse. The Tebowners will always be Tebowners, their worship of him has nothing to do with football ability or performance. The Cult of Tebow doesn't require the use of logic.

Great post bro

SoonerAtKU
1/15/2012, 11:07 PM
Bradford won 7 games his first year.

pappy
1/15/2012, 11:19 PM
I sorta see Tebow as the Christian NFL version of Kim Kardashian. He gets so many accolades, but I struggle to see the actual production and stats to back up his attention.

His QB numbers are terrible, but people say "he wins games." Last time I checked, it wasn't Tebow getting those amazing stops and turnovers on defense during the regular season, so I don't buy the "he wins games" argument.

*Rant over*

Same Team and Defense was 1 - 4 without Tebow.

bluedogok
1/15/2012, 11:44 PM
Same Team and Defense was 1 - 4 without Tebow.
Not really, the starting defense wasn't healthy until after he was named starter. Champ Bailey, Elvis Dumervil, Marcus Thomas, Quentin Carter, DJ Williams, Bryan Dawkins, Rahim Moore, David Bruton and Brodrick Bunkley on defense all spent time on the injury list in the first 5 games along with losing Ty Warren before the seasons started for the year. On offense Demaryius Thomas, Knowshon Moreno, Brandon Lloyd, Matt Willis, Chris Kuper, Eddie Royal, Julius Thomas and Daniel Fells were all on the injury list for the offense the first five weeks with many of the receivers on the list the entire time. By the time Tebow started many of the players struggling with injuries in the first 5 weeks were back healthy after the bye week. The team that showed up during Week 7 with Tebow was much different than the team was there the first 5 weeks, not that Orton was the answer though. I think the lockout really affected many teams and injuries this season, it seemed like key players were going down every week and more season ending injuries than I recall in years past.

NFL.com - Denver Broncos Injury Report (http://www.nfl.com/teams/injuries?team=DEN&week=1)

mdklatt
1/15/2012, 11:56 PM

I'm Tebownostic, but was the Denver defense making this amazing stops before he was the starter? He clearly lit a fire under them, and got a crappy team into the playoffs where they beat a team they had no business beating. He didn't win with his QB skills (but damn he can scamper), but he's obviously good at motivating the players around him to do their best.

soonerhubs
1/16/2012, 08:26 AM

I'm Tebownostic, but was the Denver defense making this amazing stops before he was the starter? He clearly lit a fire under them, and got a crappy team into the playoffs where they beat a team they had no business beating. He didn't win with his QB skills (but damn he can scamper), but he's obviously good at motivating the players around him to do their best. Sounds like excellent coaching to me. I'm not saying he's terrible. I just think he's getting undue credit.

sooneron
1/16/2012, 08:41 AM

With a MUCH crappier OL.

jkjsooner
1/16/2012, 09:50 AM

I'm glad you added that. WHere the heck did they get that Bradford has only won 3 games? They almost made it to the playoffs last year.

rekamrettuB
1/16/2012, 11:26 AM
Obviously it's not. My TV is on mute here but it's 10:25 and ESPN's First Take has talked Tebow for 1 hour and 25 minutes. At least every time I've looked up it's Tebow. No mention of the great 9ers/NOLA game that I"ve seen.

Scott D
1/16/2012, 02:49 PM
Obviously it's not. My TV is on mute here but it's 10:25 and ESPN's First Take has talked Tebow for 1 hour and 25 minutes. At least every time I've looked up it's Tebow. No mention of the great 9ers/NOLA game that I"ve seen.

what do you expect, Skippy worships the bowel movements that Tebow has.

rekamrettuB
1/16/2012, 02:52 PM
My bad. I noticed when they replayed it that they did take about 20 minutes to cover the other 3 games.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/16/2012, 03:22 PM
I've heard that CBS wants Tebow in the broadcast booth when they have their next AFC playoff game. Gird your loins, Tebowphobes!

olevetonahill
1/16/2012, 04:03 PM
Yup
I aint a goona watch it either **** em

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201201/tim-tebow-makes-afc-championship-game

UberSooner
1/16/2012, 04:17 PM
pure and simple, Tbow is not a good pro quarterback. He never was gonna be nor will he ever be. Alpha and Omega of strory.

1/16/2012, 04:45 PM
I've heard that CBS wants Tebow in the broadcast booth when they have their next AFC playoff game. Gird your loins, Tebowphobes!Not sure if it would help Tebow much. They might take the opportunity to bedowngrade him for 4 hours on natl tv.

rekamrettuB
1/16/2012, 05:21 PM
I've heard that CBS wants Tebow in the broadcast booth when they have their next AFC playoff game. Gird your loins, Tebowphobes!

He could use those 4 hours working on his throwing technique...or praying.

SoonernAR
1/16/2012, 10:29 PM
He could use those 4 hours working on his throwing technique...or praying.More time putting footballs through tires would definitely help.

hawaii 5-0
1/16/2012, 10:34 PM
Tebow is gonna have his disciples.

He's waaay too big now. Messiahonic. All hail !!!!!

5-0

1/17/2012, 12:54 AM
Tebow might eventually end up as a tight end, and do well there.

8timechamps
1/17/2012, 01:51 AM
blue, I think you're right on about Elway drafting a QB this year. Don't know if you heard or not, but Elway would only go as far as saying "Tebow is the starting QB going into training camp next year" in today's presser. That tells me that Elway expects to have another option not named Brady Quinn.

The problem is, the city is more in favor of Tebow being the future QB than not. If the Broncos aren't careful, they'll **** off the fans and that obviously affects ticket sales. If they handle it the right way, or if Tebow does in fact improve before next year, then it's a non starter.

If you hadn't figured it out by now, this is a football town. The year the Rockies went to the World Series was great, and the couple of Stanley Cups the Avs won were fun, but nothing is like a Bronco SB. The fact that the Broncos won a playoff game (with Tebow at the helm), and the first in a loooong time, is going to make it tough for the Broncos to cut Tebow loose.

It's going to be interesting between now and the start of next season.

OULenexaman
1/17/2012, 09:23 AM
so how many SB's did the Broncos go to and just get throttled?? How many have they won? One.

rekamrettuB
1/17/2012, 09:55 AM
so how many SB's did the Broncos go to and just get throttled?? How many have they won? One.

Lost 3 with Elway and won 2. Lost XII early on.

PrideTrombone
1/17/2012, 11:48 AM
4. He uses his platform to spread his message but dosnt over do it (unlike media and fans)

Yeah, he does over do it.

OULenexaman
1/17/2012, 12:04 PM
Lost 3 with Elway and won 2. Lost XII early on. correction....I see 6 trips..4 they got throttled....2 wins.

rekamrettuB
1/17/2012, 03:30 PM
correction....I see 6 trips..4 they got throttled....2 wins.

Ya...3 losses with Elway and 2 wins. And XII prior to Elway. I figured since Elway was involved in this deal we were going to bag on him. :texan:

SoonerTerry
1/17/2012, 04:23 PM
I saw him make some incredible throws this year. I look for more of that to happen next year.

8timechamps
1/17/2012, 06:13 PM

Life as a Bronco fan sucked until 98-99. As a sooner fan, you know how it feels when people say "the Sooners can get to the title game, but can't win it!"...that's how it felt prior to the 98 and 99 seasons. People around here got really used to being in the playoffs and having success...but it's the NFL, and that all catches up with teams. Just getting a home playoff game was nice. The second game was just bonus football.

8timechamps
1/17/2012, 06:14 PM
Oh, and to answer the main question, I don't think "Tebowmania" is dead. It's on hiatus right now, but just wait until training camp opens next season...it'll be right back.

oudavid1
1/17/2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah, he does over do it.

Ugh...fine...i'll bite....how does he over do it?

LBMASTER57
1/17/2012, 08:27 PM
as long as there is an espn, there will be teblowmania. those guys cream their jeans every time they do a story on the guy

StoopTroup
1/17/2012, 09:49 PM
Ugh...fine...i'll bite....how does he over do it?

Most folks call it Charismatic. Some Folks say other things that aren't so nice.

I think it's just that he was raised Charismatic and even though a lot of Christians don't like it and even quote passages from the Bible to try and convince the Charismatic Christians that God would prefer a different approach....it continues to go on and in my experience.....any arguing with Charismatic Christians leads to even more of it. Some folks view it as they are over doing it....others maybe feel like it might be best to just let it be and turn the other cheek.

I say...until I see what Tim does do more harm than good (Example: Westboro Baptist) I think I'll let him enjoy his 15 minutes or more of fame.

1/18/2012, 12:56 PM
Oh, and to answer the main question, I don't think "Tebowmania" is dead. It's on hiatus right now, but just wait until training camp opens next season...it'll be right back.Tebow WISELY turned down the broadcast booth invitation by CBS. I think he knows what would happen if he was to be there.

oudavid1
1/18/2012, 11:31 PM
Most folks call it Charismatic. Some Folks say other things that aren't so nice.

I think it's just that he was raised Charismatic and even though a lot of Christians don't like it and even quote passages from the Bible to try and convince the Charismatic Christians that God would prefer a different approach....it continues to go on and in my experience.....any arguing with Charismatic Christians leads to even more of it. Some folks view it as they are over doing it....others maybe feel like it might be best to just let it be and turn the other cheek.

I say...until I see what Tim does do more harm than good (Example: Westboro Baptist) I think I'll let him enjoy his 15 minutes or more of fame.

I agree. Great post sir!

I have come to realize the best thing about this country is diversity and acceptance. Most religions do not over step their boundaries. Westboro can burn.

sooneredaco
1/19/2012, 08:50 PM
Doubt it...

http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/25-most-terrific-tebowing-pics