PDA

View Full Version : So....now that things are Official....

StoopTroup
1/14/2012, 02:08 PM
and the rumor mill seems to be grinding to a halt and closed down for the winter.....:very_drunk:

Are you able to put last year behind you and now become excited about next Season?

Peeb
1/14/2012, 02:11 PM
I voted 'huh'? as this is my natural state of being.

cccasooner2
1/14/2012, 02:13 PM
BOOMER SOONER!!!

sooneredaco
1/14/2012, 02:18 PM
I put it behind me after the bowl game. I for one am not overly disappointed with last season. Did it fall short of expectation? Sure it did. But anything short of #8 would have.

Keller Sooner
1/14/2012, 02:30 PM
I've put it behind me and I'm just going to take a wait and see attitude into next year.

rock on sooner
1/14/2012, 02:43 PM
I am BOOMER SOONER, each and every year. Disappointed overall? Yup! Stunned about Tech? Yup yup! Surprised about
Baylor and Aggy? Nope, law of averages here and, besides, we have to let Aggy win every ten years or so, just so they'll
keep playing...and Baylor, well, every 20 years or so for them.

It'll be interesting to see if M. Stoops makes the difference that many seem to think and it's not that long til signing day
and spring ball!:D:excitement:

Peach Fuzz
1/14/2012, 02:50 PM
Moved on long ago, **** happens. It will be interesting on how we respond to adversity with Mike back. I'm looking forward to that as of now...

...and turn your caps off attention whore.

SapulpaSooner
1/14/2012, 02:52 PM
To any team on the sooners football schedule for 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsvmCRKckp0&feature=related

StoopTroup
1/14/2012, 03:17 PM
Moved on long ago, **** happens. It will be interesting on how we respond to adversity with Mike back. I'm looking forward to that as of now...

...and turn your caps off attention whore.

I got over being an Attention Whore at around 500 Posts. What's your excuse? :D

En_Fuego
1/14/2012, 04:20 PM
F-3oMXSheAc&feature=fvsr

SoonerMom2
1/14/2012, 04:52 PM
My brother and I had a great time at the Insight Bowl because it was Sooner football -- we were better treated in Tempe then we were in Glendale last year at the Fiesta Bowl. I thought the amount of Sooners that traveled to the game was AWESOME! Didn't expect that many but it was great to see Soonerfans all over Tempe and Scottsdale. You could tell that President Boren was very happy at the game when he came up to say hello to the band. He had a broad smile on his face. Insight Bowl set a record for attendance. Who would have wanted to miss out on the camera falling from the sky. :)

Looking forward to spring football and then the season starting September 1st whoever that is going to be!

StoopTroup
1/14/2012, 04:54 PM
Cowboy MRW....I wasn't asking about the Pokes....this is about OU.

CowboyMRW
1/14/2012, 04:59 PM
Lol. I felt bad because that option was all alone and not getting any love so I had to pick it. :angel::very_drunk:

SoonerMarkVA
1/14/2012, 05:19 PM
You missed option 5:

WHEN'S MANGINO GETTIN' HIRED!?

Honestly, that's what I'm waiting to see.

StoopTroup
1/14/2012, 05:20 PM
You missed option 5:

WHEN'S MANGINO GETTIN' HIRED!?

Honestly, that's what I'm waiting to see.

Check Blevin's twitter feed. LMAO!

8timechamps
1/14/2012, 06:08 PM
the season was a wrap when the bowl game ended. The only time I dwell on a season after it's over is when we win it all. I'm ready for next year now.

Soonerjeepman
1/14/2012, 06:34 PM
same as most....moved on...top 15 finish...beat ut...won the bowl...

and I'm ALWAYS Boomer Sooner for the next yr...that's what life is about...enjoying what's coming...

boomersooner28
1/14/2012, 11:00 PM
Too early for me. Man I have become stagnant and boring in my old age. Oh, and kids sure did calm me down.

All_Day_28
1/15/2012, 12:43 AM
F-3oMXSheAc&feature=fvsr
Greatest OU Football Video I've ever seen...

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 01:05 AM
Greatest OU Football Video I've ever seen...

No telling how many times I've watched it now....It always gets me.

There are lots of folks who have passed on in that Video that I grew up watching cheer for our Sooners. It's just awesome that as a Fan I've been able to see so many OU Games in the last 25 Years. Just as awesome that in the last 13 years I've been able to see so many with my Wife and Kids.

WA. Sooner
1/15/2012, 05:33 AM
Opening video should be this every year. updated some clips as time goes on. but NOTHING ELSE MATTERS! Boomer Sooner

olevetonahill
1/15/2012, 09:02 AM
I put it behind me after the bowl game. I for one am not overly disappointed with last season. Did it fall short of expectation? Sure it did. But anything short of #8 would have.

Couldnt have said it better my friend

soonercoop1
1/15/2012, 09:46 AM
A bit cautious and excited with Mike back but we still have the same players...obviously evaluation of recruits has been lacking as of late...as long as the D scheme changes then I will be optimistic...

stoopified
1/15/2012, 02:53 PM
same as most....moved on...top 15 finish...beat ut...won the bowl...

and I'm ALWAYS Boomer Sooner for the next yr...that's what life is about...enjoying what's coming...ditto

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 03:47 PM
A bit cautious and excited with Mike back but we still have the same players...obviously evaluation of recruits has been lacking as of late...as long as the D scheme changes then I will be optimistic...

You might want to go look at the Roster that's up vs the one we had before the Iowa Game. It's changed and there are some names you might remember that aren't there. Also if you see "SR" next to their name....you won't see them back next year either. There have been a few other changes too....

http://www.rantsports.com/oklahoma-sooners-football/2012/01/05/breaking-oklahomas-ronnell-lewis-declares-for-the-nfl-draft/

This one is pretty good too.....

http://www.rantsports.com/oklahoma-sooners-football/2012/01/04/oklahoma-sooners-football-counting-losses-for-2012/

In addition to Broyles, the Sooners lose a trio of offensive linemen, Donald Stephenson, Stephen Good and Jarvis Jones, who didn’t play at all in 2011 due to a leg injury. Also on offense, the Sooners lose both tight ends, James Hanna and Trent Ratterree.
The graduation of those two, combined with freshman Max Stevenson’s declaration that he would not be continuing his football career due to the effects of surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle, left the Sooners with zero tight ends on the 2012 roster. Thankfully, the Sooners added Brannon Green, a junior college transfer from Fort Scott Community College in Kansas, so OU won’t be without a tight end next season.
Defensively, the Sooners are losing a lot of talent, including arguably their best players along each row of defense: Frank Alexander and Ronnell Lewis from the defensive line, Travis Lewis at linebacker, and Jamell Fleming in the secondary. The Sooners also lose backup safety Sam Proctor, leaving OU once again with questions to answer in the secondary.
The transfers have been another story, as there has been a somewhat mass exodus of players from Norman, at least by most people’s standards. Fortunately, most of the players are largely unheralded, which is why you didn’t know they were transferring or haven’t heard of them. Among the notables though, are freshman running back Brandon Williams, and redshirt freshman wide receiver Justin McCay.

OUmillenium
1/16/2012, 01:22 AM

I agree. Bowl win helps (rewatching it now). Sooners were on their way to BCS until the injuries hit. Might not have beaten lOSUr but that should have been our only loss and we still might have even conf champs if lOSUr choked in another game.

I am REALLY excited about next yr with Mike Stoops returning.

A healthy Stills, Whaley, and a few new faces will freshen things up.

LJ appeared a bit shell-shocked with no Broyles but he will adjust in the offseason.

Maybe we incorporate the slant back into the O, particularly in the red zone.

special teams can't get much worse

Lots to look forward to IMO

OUmillenium
1/16/2012, 01:30 AM
I also am looking forward to taking the bonghorns to the woodshed again. The Belldozer should be very effective against them and everyone else for that matter.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/16/2012, 01:54 AM
My brother and I had a great time at the Insight Bowl because it was Sooner football -- we were better treated in Tempe then we were in Glendale last year at the Fiesta Bowl. I thought the amount of Sooners that traveled to the game was AWESOME! Didn't expect that many but it was great to see Soonerfans all over Tempe and Scottsdale. You could tell that President Boren was very happy at the game when he came up to say hello to the band. He had a broad smile on his face. Insight Bowl set a record for attendance. Who would have wanted to miss out on the camera falling from the sky. :)

Looking forward to spring football and then the season starting September 1st whoever that is going to be!I looked all over for you, yermom and Frozen...NONE OF YOU came to the tailgate party at the top of the parking garage. Wha hoppened?

LVSOONER15
1/16/2012, 11:04 AM
BOOMER SOONER!!! I hope the whole team has a more aggressive attitude next season.

BoulderSooner79
1/16/2012, 12:11 PM
Last season was over when the game ended in Stillwater (by halftime :(). The bowl practices and the game were more a part of next season prep which should be fun. :D