PDA

View Full Version : Why do we reapect corpses so much?

cccasooner2
1/13/2012, 06:27 PM
I know you have all seen the vids of our guys pissing on some corpses. What is the f(texas)big deal? You just saw your buddy get killed and you are now asked to bury the POS that killed him. What are you expected to do? Personally, I would prefer to **** on on the corpse of the senator that sent me over there to "ensure" someone else's rights, but I guess that's just me. I mean seriously, are we just a bunch of Egyptians stuck in the whatever BCEs? Hello, they're DEAD. Please, save the planet as George Carlin I'm sure would agree, **** on them and throw them into the compost pile. I'm sure the other viewpoint agrees on this matter; if not FU. Seriously, what is this facination with dead bodies? Is it our past contact with aliens and their reverance to the abducted, the great sex they had with them, and the smiley they put on their throats after they were done with them?

Tulsa_Fireman
1/13/2012, 07:19 PM
Can I skullf*ck your grandma's corpse while you watch?

Eeeeeeeeexactly.

cccasooner2
1/13/2012, 07:38 PM
Just as long as you respected my grandma while she was alive I wouldn't GAS. What disturbes you most, a bunch of soldiers that died for "you" or someone dragging their corpses through the streets in front of the cameras.

Eeeeeeeeeeexactly.

Serge Ibaka
1/13/2012, 08:38 PM
Just as long as you respected my grandma while she was alive I wouldn't GAS. What disturbes you most, a bunch of soldiers that died for "you" or someone dragging their corpses through the streets in front of the cameras.

Eeeeeeeeeeexactly.

What? He can actually have sex with your dead grandma's face?

I mean, I see your point. But still...

cccasooner2
1/13/2012, 09:13 PM
What? He can actually have sex with your dead grandma's face?

I mean, I see your point. But still...

Well, as long as you saw my point. :)

Jacie
1/13/2012, 09:18 PM
The more appropriate question would be why do we respect our enemie's corpses? If anyone deserves to be pi**ed on it would be our enemies and/or their lifeless corpses.

I am guessing that what drives the people at the top to come down so hard on cases like this is that the part of the Muslim world not composed of suicidal fanatics bent on our destruction see it as disrespecting them and in an effort to appease this faction our leaders go to great lengths to assure the good Muslims that we do not disrespect them, their religion or the man who founded it.

It bites, IMO, but that is how it is.

cccasooner2
1/13/2012, 09:47 PM
The more appropriate question would be why do we respect our enemie's corpses? If anyone deserves to be pi**ed on it would be our enemies and/or their lifeless corpses.

I am guessing that what drives the people at the top to come down so hard on cases like this is that the part of the Muslim world not composed of suicidal fanatics bent on our destruction see it as disrespecting them and in an effort to appease this faction our leaders go to great lengths to assure the good Muslims that we do not disrespect them, their religion or the man who founded it.

It bites, IMO, but that is how it is.

Their enemy, our enemy. It bites, but that it is how it is.

olevetonahill
1/13/2012, 11:32 PM
Did Yall watch the Unedited Vid? Ya can see em Yank their dicks out But they never Peed . it was all a show .

nighttrain12
1/14/2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah, its kind hard to pee when you have a bunch other guys standing around you with their puds in their hands. Oh yeah, and also when you are standing over a couple of corpses.

olevetonahill
1/14/2012, 12:07 AM
Yeah, its kind hard to pee when you have a bunch other guys standing around you with their puds in their hands. Oh yeah, and also when you are standing over a couple of corpses.
Can tell YOU aint ever been in the Service,

Wishboned
1/14/2012, 12:19 AM
What they did was wrong. And while the other side has committed numerous actual atrocities against our soldiers, and our civilians, we are held to a different standard. In our eyes, and the eyes of the world. We're supposed to be civilized. We'll take your life, but we won't **** on your body after we kill you. We'll bury you, or exchange corpses with the other side and make a nice little ceremony about it.

But I'm not outraged. I'm more upset that they had some idiot filming it. Good lord is there nothing we do anymore that isn't captured on video? We can't even desecrate (or pretend to desecrate) ****in' corpses without some asshat making a home movie about it.

nighttrain12
1/14/2012, 01:22 AM
Can tell YOU aint ever been in the Service,

True, but even when I am at Sooner football games, I ALWAYS use one of the stalls to 'do my business', even if I have to wait longer.

cleller
1/14/2012, 09:50 AM
Don't care what they do to dead talibaners. But in this day and age, filming it should raise little suspicions in the mind that one day something bad could result from it.

olevetonahill
1/14/2012, 10:16 AM
True, but even when I am at Sooner football games, I ALWAYS use one of the stalls to 'do my business', even if I have to wait longer.
Shamed of that little thing huh?
Not Me Im PROUD as hell of mine . I go in a Bathroom and 50 guys all dry humping the urinals. NOT Me I stand back and let it fly.

TUSooner
1/14/2012, 10:50 AM
A general answer to OV's question: Maybe it's because we'e all gonna be one some day. I dunno.

I have no real objection to peeing on the corpses of nasty people who are trying to kill us in a war. I mean, it's not a good thing, but I can see how it could happen. I think it's pretty dang stupid to make videos of it, though. That just makes several sorts of people start barking and howling when it's better just to leave them all s.t.f.upped.

TUSooner
1/14/2012, 10:52 AM
What they did was wrong. And while the other side has committed numerous actual atrocities against our soldiers, and our civilians, we are held to a different standard. In our eyes, and the eyes of the world. We're supposed to be civilized. We'll take your life, but we won't **** on your body after we kill you. We'll bury you, or exchange corpses with the other side and make a nice little ceremony about it.

But I'm not outraged. I'm more upset that they had some idiot filming it. Good lord is there nothing we do anymore that isn't captured on video? We can't even desecrate (or pretend to desecrate) ****in' corpses without some asshat making a home movie about it.This.

pphilfran
1/14/2012, 10:58 AM
Can I skullf*ck your grandma's corpse while you watch?

Eeeeeeeeexactly.

Pervert...

pphilfran
1/14/2012, 11:00 AM
Not Me Im PROUD as hell of mine . I go in a Bathroom and 50 guys all dry humping the urinals. NOT Me I stand back and let it fly.

lol

olevetonahill
1/14/2012, 11:02 AM
Pervert...

Ya say that like ya think its a bad thing

pphilfran
1/14/2012, 11:07 AM
Let's see...you either get burned to a crisp when you get cremated or get cut open and emptied out and then filled with chemicals...then stuffed in a box and painted up like you are alive...then stuck in the ground and finally turn into a mass of goo and mold....

But pizzing is out of the question...

So personally, do what you want with me after I croak...

But my relatives probably won't take kindly to any disrespect...and that is what we are talking about here....you are not going to win any fans with action such as this...

My stance on wars is we should go in with the idea of leveling the country...demoralizing the war machine and the population...and I would continue to raze the country until they cried uncle...with my stance I bet we would jump into a lot less wars...

pphilfran
1/14/2012, 11:08 AM
Ya say that like ya think its a bad thing

Sorry, meant it as a compliment...

olevetonahill
1/14/2012, 11:18 AM
Sorry, meant it as a compliment...

I see. Carry on then .

SanJoaquinSooner
1/14/2012, 01:17 PM
Because U.S. families don't want to watch You Tube videos their dead loved one pissed on, mutilated, or otherwise disrespected in retaliation for our soldiers doing it.

Having said that, if I lose my mind and elope with Sinead O'Conner, please execute me and **** on me. I would deserve it.

Fraggle145
1/14/2012, 01:38 PM
Because we are better than that.

Doged
1/14/2012, 03:42 PM

Egggggzacly.

The talibaners are a screwed up bunch, for sure, but simply put they are soldiers fighting for their fellow soldiers and, to a lesser extent for what they believe. That's all they are. They aren't the evil to end all evils. They aren't nearly as bad as the people leading them. They're just soldiers who died fighting, as soldiers have done for millenia, and our soldiers are too good to lower themselves to crap like that.

That said, way too much is being made of it. Viding it was dumb as hell, but rebuke 'em, document it in case they turn out to be total homicidal nutjobs, throw a little extra duty at them and move on.

StoopTroup
1/14/2012, 03:57 PM
BTW....the closer you stand to the urinals....the more splash you get from not only your pee but also the other 20,000 folks that just peed in there.

Don't be so worried that some dude is gonna laugh at yer small penis or if you are gifted....that he might suddenly start stalking you. :D

Just be a man....let it fly and don't come back into the stands with your pee and everyone elses all over your clothes, wiping it on us as you try to get back to your seat. Also....wash yer damn hands after peeing.

Wishboned
1/14/2012, 04:10 PM

EYlDbv7MqE8

CrimsonKel
1/14/2012, 04:11 PM
WWJD?

LiveLaughLove
1/14/2012, 04:19 PM
I wish our guys hadn't done it simply because it's just used as fodder for the other side. It also just makes us look bad.

However, the taliban/al qaeda are not your regular run of the mill enemy fighting for another country types. They are butchers that love to behead people, civilian and captured troops.

In that regard I feel no sympathy for those poor misfortunates, and do not tolerate anyone trying to find a moral equivalency between peeing on someone that was killed in action, and someone being tied up and slowly beheaded. There is none.

I've had two sons serve in Iraq. One of them, a combat medic, had his best friend slowly tortured to death by the taliban/al qaeda and just before he was about to pass away, they went ahead and beheaded him. They wanted his screams video taped. They then posted it on the internet.

Whoever said they weren't evil doesn't know evil when it looks them in the face. And that goes for their regular troops too. They support their sadistic leaders.

delhalew
1/14/2012, 05:20 PM
If folks want to be upset about something, they should be upset we have young folks who are so used to keeping company with dead bodies, the don't bat an eye. Sure making the video was dumb, but I'm not gonna judge anyone in that situation.

delhalew
1/14/2012, 05:29 PM

Right. Your experience with the human race has led you to believe that we are better than that. I'd like to see you in that living hell.

Most of us wouldn't actually **** on a dead person, but everyone handles war differently. Even without taking part in it, you should know that none of our soldiers will ever be the same as before they lived through a war.

I would think you are "better than that".

Fraggle145
1/14/2012, 06:07 PM
Right. Your experience with the human race has led you to believe that we are better than that. I'd like to see you in that living hell.

Most of us wouldn't actually **** on a dead person, but everyone handles war differently. Even without taking part in it, you should know that none of our soldiers will ever be the same as before they lived through a war.

I would think you are "better than that".

I do know that. I had an extensive discussion about this with my best friend who has served three tours and is a Captain and instructor at West Point. Since I havent served (as you pointed out, although that doesnt change my right to have my own opinion on the matter) I definitely take his thoughts on this and other matters concerning the armed forces seriously in forming my own opinions.

On this matter we were of the same opinion. In a nutshell. He said no matter what we shouldn't put ourselves down on their level. Furthermore, he said there is or in his opinion should be a level of respect between combatants. And even if they dont share the same respect for our soldiers, our soldiers should still uphold their standards and the standards of the US armed forces. And I agree.

I Am Right
1/14/2012, 06:12 PM
UNLESS YOU‘VE BEEN SHOT AT BY THE TALIBAN ’SHUT YOUR MOUTH, WAR IS HELL’: ALLEN WEST WEIGHS IN ON URINATING MARINE SCANDAL.

We just killed you with a head shot using our glock 40 and you are worried about how it looks.

delhalew
1/14/2012, 06:51 PM
America needs so desperately to be loved.

Scott D
1/14/2012, 09:04 PM
who is Allen West and why should I give a **** about what he apparently yelled?

LiveLaughLove
1/15/2012, 12:11 AM
Allen West is a congressman from Florida that was a Lt. Col. in the Army. His men were being ambushed continually. He figured out who the snitch to the enemy was. Said gentleman denied being the snitch, but they had the evidence it was him. Col. West shot a pistol across the front of said gentlemans face (didnt hit him, just made the air move). Said gentleman immediately told him where the enemy were and Col. West and his men helped them assume room temperature. The ambushes stopped. Col. West is a hero to his men and their families, but he was forced to retire or be courts martialed by our PC friendly leadership.

He is an expert in Islam, understands their true motives, and isnt afraid to call it like it really is.

As to whether you should give a whatever, well, whatever. Doubt he really cares if you do or not.

btk108
1/15/2012, 09:19 AM
"Show me the manner in which a nation or a community cares for its dead and I will measure with mathematical exactness the tender sympathies of its people, their respect for the laws of the land and their loyalty to high ideals." – William Gladstone.

cccasooner2
1/15/2012, 11:54 AM
"Show me the manner in which a nation or a community cares for its dead and I will measure with mathematical exactness the tender sympathies of its people, their respect for the laws of the land and their loyalty to high ideals." – William Gladstone.

I love it; dueling quotations. Reminds me of high school debates and *********s on the campaign trail.

Jacie
1/15/2012, 01:32 PM
My stance on wars is we should go in with the idea of leveling the country...demoralizing the war machine and the population...and I would continue to raze the country until they cried uncle...with my stance I bet we would jump into a lot less wars...

When we are war with another country, that is pretty much how it goes (remember the first scene of the video of Iraq War II, shock and awe?). The Taliban is not a country, however, it is a terrorist organization with sympathizers all over the world, at least some of which, reside right here among us. So exactly which country would you like to see razed?

If it is Afghanistan you think should be razed, from what I see on television, there would be little difference between the before/after shots of it so am not sure how much would be accomplished assuming our military did as you suggest.

I do think such action would precipitate a whole lot more response against U.S. citizens and not from the Taliban but from actual countries so in that regard, you would get your razing scenario. Now the number of countries that would take up arms against the U.S. for indiscriminate destruction of a country based on the presence of the Taliban might be more than our military could deal with short of going nuclear given the logistics involved in a really good razing. But don't let that deter you from advocating total annihilation because in the end, that is what you would get. I just hope it is not our country that is on the receiving end . . .

LiveLaughLove
1/15/2012, 06:59 PM
When we are war with another country, that is pretty much how it goes (remember the first scene of the video of Iraq War II, shock and awe?). The Taliban is not a country, however, it is a terrorist organization with sympathizers all over the world, at least some of which, reside right here among us. So exactly which country would you like to see razed?

If it is Afghanistan you think should be razed, from what I see on television, there would be little difference between the before/after shots of it so am not sure how much would be accomplished assuming our military did as you suggest.

I do think such action would precipitate a whole lot more response against U.S. citizens and not from the Taliban but from actual countries so in that regard, you would get your razing scenario. Now the number of countries that would take up arms against the U.S. for indiscriminate destruction of a country based on the presence of the Taliban might be more than our military could deal with short of going nuclear given the logistics involved in a really good razing. But don't let that deter you from advocating total annihilation because in the end, that is what you would get. I just hope it is not our country that is on the receiving end . . .

You have no concept of our rules of engagement if you think we raze or level places. Shock and Awe was precision bombing. Very few civilian areas were hit by that.

Our troops can't engage a masque that they KNOW has Taliban or Al Qaeda unless they shoot first. It's ridiculous. Do you not recall when our troops were marching in to Baghdad and they encountered that fat clerics people at a masque that we wanted to search and check for weapons? Our troops were ordered to retreat from there and leave it alone. That fat little yahoo has been a thorn in our side ever since.

Read about Dresden. Thats leveling and razing an enemy.

When the civilian contractors were killed and hung from the bridge at Falujha (sp?), we should have surrounded that city. Dropped pamphlets that said, "If you want to live you need to leave, but you will be searched as you leave." Given them a few minutes to leave, and then bombed that place into oblivion. Instead, we did what they wanted. We went in house by house and had our troops killed and wounded with all kinds of booby traps, to save civilians from accidently being killed.

You think they appreciate our sacrifice and civil way of fighting? I'll take Heck No for $500 Alex.

Sooner5030
1/15/2012, 07:22 PM
they took an oath which included following lawful orders. Those orders include the treatment of remains.

This and that Manning kid has nothing to do with pro vs anti military folks.......it has to do with individuals taking an oath and then knowingly disregarding that oath when it suits you.

Just look at how many held Manning as a "hero". That f-stick made promises to safeguard information and then used that trust to gain access to info only to provide it to others.

cccasooner2
1/15/2012, 08:24 PM
they took an oath which included following lawful orders. Those orders include the treatment of remains.

This and that Manning kid has nothing to do with pro vs anti military folks.......it has to do with individuals taking an oath and then knowingly disregarding that oath when it suits you.

Just look at how many held Manning as a "hero". That f-stick made promises to safeguard information and then used that trust to gain access to info only to provide it to others.

Wow, an oath, I'm impressed. On a Bible, just like in court? I did not kill that person, but if I did I must have been drunk/had sex with her, but it was consentual. Believe me when I say my thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the deceased.