PDA

View Full Version : What would make that Mississippi Gov go full retard??

OULenexaman
1/13/2012, 10:50 AM
That stunt boggles me.....was he tweeted to do it?:stupid:

Midtowner
1/13/2012, 11:36 AM
You would be surprised (or maybe not) as to how little our elected officials know about their own state constitutions, administrative procedure, etc. This really isn't all that shocking.

OULenexaman
1/13/2012, 12:17 PM
Considering the fact he has a law degree from the U. of Miss Law School I'd say he knows a lot about his own state constitutions, administrative procedure, etc.....I'd say it is shocking.

Midtowner
1/13/2012, 12:20 PM
Considering the fact he has a law degree from the U. of Miss Law School I'd say he knows a lot about his own state constitutions, administrative procedure, etc.....I'd say it is shocking.

Nah, he's been in politics since 1976, and as far as I know, he never really practiced law.

okie52
1/13/2012, 12:42 PM
Whatever his motivations and/or knowledge of the circumstances, it looks very bad.

Mississippi Sooner
1/13/2012, 01:23 PM
I can't figure it out at all. Even though his name has been tossed around as a possible presidential candidate in the past, and even though I figure he would have had little chance on a national scale, this eliminates him from ever winning another election at any level. Not that it matters, I guess, since he's probably past the age where he'd want to run for another office, but this mess undoes all the good PR he created in Mississippi's response to Katrina, which was really his legacy before now.

I guess he can always go back to being a lobbyist, but I have a hard time seeing why any special interest would want him representing their cause now.

SoonerTerry
1/13/2012, 02:15 PM
Money.,.. nobody does anything that stupid without getting alot of money for it and thinking they would get away with it.

47straight
1/13/2012, 04:59 PM
Money.,.. nobody does anything that stupid without getting alot of money for it and thinking they would get away with it.

I don't know. A lot of the major league dumbass moves I've done I never saw a nickel for.