PDA

View Full Version : OSU NCAA Football Champions - get the rings and trophies in production!

possumfat
1/13/2012, 10:14 AM
According to their fans :

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/12-polls-name-osu-national-champion.137977/

the-rover
1/13/2012, 10:22 AM
Well, we still have 11 more months of it.....

still amazes me how many OU fans wanted osewe to win in the fiesta.

Big 12 *clap, clap, clap*.....what a bunch of bs

Mississippi Sooner
1/13/2012, 10:30 AM
Some idiot poke:

Btw, if the shoe was on the sooners foot I can guarantee you that they would be seriously considering claiming a title

Uhhh, no.

badger
1/13/2012, 10:41 AM
Some idiot poke:

Uhhh, no.

Everyone here still claims 7, right? :D

Mississippi Sooner
1/13/2012, 10:44 AM
Everyone here still claims 7, right? :D

Yep. We could easily go the route some, ahem, others do and claim anywhere from 15 - 19. But to do that would be, you know, kinda aggie.

Sooners78
1/13/2012, 10:46 AM
Oh, I can't wait until the pokes roll into Norman this November! It should be comparable to 2000 Nebraska or 2008 Tech.

LVSOONER15
1/13/2012, 10:57 AM
Geez those people are stupid. There was only one team that hoisted up the trophy at the end. And it sure as hell was not the pokes.

jkjsooner
1/13/2012, 11:05 AM
Some idiot poke:

Uhhh, no.

Yep. I think we have a very good track record in this regard. We are one of the few schools who only claim legit titles.

To give OSU fans credit, most of them seem to not favor the idea of claiming a title.

CowboyMRW
1/13/2012, 11:20 AM
No way that OSU could be joking about this idea.

100% serious that we are claiming this title

OULenexaman
1/13/2012, 11:26 AM
Dude.......Stanford GAVE you that game on a silver platter......brain fart at no extra charge.

Sinyeah12
1/13/2012, 12:19 PM
Some idiot poke:
Btw, if the shoe was on the sooners foot I can guarantee you that they would be seriously considering claiming a title

Uhhh, no.
Here's the difference in the programs. OU in the same scenario would have been in the MNC game playing for the championship. OU has a tradition rich history. OSU had one year. You don't see OU claiming the 04 championship against USC, so I would have to disagree with the stupid statement by the poke fan.

StoopTroup
1/13/2012, 12:25 PM
Here's the difference in the programs. OU in the same scenario would have been in the MNC game playing for the championship. OU has a tradition rich history. OSU had one year. You don't see OU claiming the 04 championship against USC, so I would have to disagree with the stupid statement by the poke fan.

That's the exact scenario to use when offering a rebuttal to such an obviously out of touch bandwagon fan. Of course...in order to lay it on him, you 1st have to be able to logon there and then have to avoid it being deleted and your account being banned for offering valid proof and being a "Gooner". :D

badger
1/13/2012, 12:28 PM
Now for any OP people lurking, I just want to you all know that Sooners do not genuinely believe that you will print national championship t-shirts, give players national championship rings, nor reproduce a crystal football... yet.

What will happen is that as your program slowly gravitates back to one with the success level you'd expect out of one that is not in a recruiting hotbed, does not have tons of tradition, does not have a large capacity stadium, is not located in a destination town, etc etc... you will look back retroactively at 2011 and say "We won the national championship that year."

This retroactive claiming of championships is something common to college football programs, not just ones doomed to inevitable mediocrity. So, if it makes you feel better, you are not alone.

Right now, you're on a victory high from winning your first Big 12 crown, your first BCS bowl, your first 12-win season, and so on. But, as those Big 12 crowns turn to Big 12 middle road status, that BCS bowl turns into another mid-tier bowl, the 12-win season turned into a barely winning, possibly losing season, you will start to resent even more what the BCS poll did to you this year.

And then... the revisionist history and retroactive championship claim will kick in.

Your fanbase will claim that you were actually undefeated in 2011, because that field goal at Iowa State was good.

Your fanbase will suddenly forget that it took overtime to beat Stanford and you will instead use phrases like "We crushed them," "victory was never in question," and "What missed field goal at the end of regulation?"

And then... the t-shirts, banners and the facsimile crystal football will all arrive in Stilly.

freshchris05
1/13/2012, 12:40 PM
^ Pretty harsh words from a fellow poke... ;)

badger
1/13/2012, 12:44 PM
^ Pretty harsh words from a fellow poke... ;)

Yeah, I am using this opportunity to my full advantage, because Pokes can make fun of themselves. Fairweather fan cheatin' gooners, however... :D

Jacie
1/13/2012, 04:48 PM
. . . as your program . . . is not located in a destination town

You mean everyone lied to me???

stoopified
1/13/2012, 05:34 PM
Apparently T.Boone State fans are blissfully unaware that OU already has 17 Alabama style unofficial NCs that we do NOT proclaim to the world.

Tidefan36854
1/13/2012, 06:06 PM
I wonder if King T. Boone will pay for them even he doesn't think OSU can beat Alabama? He's saying Alabama is better than LSU and OSU, but two lesser teams should have been playing for the title. Ok, then...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/cb-gH5EzWPkmcyiO1yEv8Da9LNVsSsStZWJ/could_osu_have_beaten_alabama_or_lsu/#

Crimsontothecore
1/13/2012, 06:48 PM
Your fanbase will claim that you were actually undefeated in 2011, because that field goal at Iowa State was good.

Your fanbase will suddenly forget that it took overtime to beat Stanford and you will instead use phrases like "We crushed them," "victory was never in question," and "What missed field goal at the end of regulation?"

And then... the t-shirts, banners and the facsimile crystal football will all arrive in Stilly.

They will also forget that their best two seasons ever with their best QB and receiver of all time lost at home to an average OU team and beat an OU team crippled with injuries. They will probably remember how Weeden/Blackmon won in Norman although neither one ever stepped onto Owen field where they would have undoubtedly pi**** down their own legs. They will remember beating a great Texas team and then winning the Big12 title against a great north division champion on a neutral field.

tm250
1/13/2012, 07:00 PM
They will also forget that their best two seasons ever with their best QB and receiver of all time lost at home to an average OU team and beat an OU team crippled with injuries. They will probably remember how Weeden/Blackmon won in Norman although neither one ever stepped onto Owen field where they would have undoubtedly pi**** down their own legs. They will remember beating a great Texas team and then winning the Big12 title against a great north division champion on a neutral field.

They will remember that sheep can not get pregnant by humans so there is no reason for them to pull out....

picasso
1/13/2012, 08:36 PM
All we have to do is look at 1978.

Stupid wannabes.

Peeb
1/13/2012, 11:50 PM
This entire subject is so stupid, I refuse to post in this thread.

(oops)

champions77
1/15/2012, 08:44 PM
Now for any OP people lurking, I just want to you all know that Sooners do not genuinely believe that you will print national championship t-shirts, give players national championship rings, nor reproduce a crystal football... yet.

What will happen is that as your program slowly gravitates back to one with the success level you'd expect out of one that is not in a recruiting hotbed, does not have tons of tradition, does not have a large capacity stadium, is not located in a destination town, etc etc... you will look back retroactively at 2011 and say "We won the national championship that year."

This retroactive claiming of championships is something common to college football programs, not just ones doomed to inevitable mediocrity. So, if it makes you feel better, you are not alone.

Right now, you're on a victory high from winning your first Big 12 crown, your first BCS bowl, your first 12-win season, and so on. But, as those Big 12 crowns turn to Big 12 middle road status, that BCS bowl turns into another mid-tier bowl, the 12-win season turned into a barely winning, possibly losing season, you will start to resent even more what the BCS poll did to you this year.

And then... the revisionist history and retroactive championship claim will kick in.

Lies will always come back to bite you in the _ss. Last year the Pukes came up with a Big XII South Championship Ring. 5,10, 20,30 Years from now, someone will ask about the ring the Puke is wearing and inquire, well then how did the Championship game with the North team turn out for you? That's when Aggie will have a really stupid, lost look on his face, and then either lie about playing Nebraska or Mizzou, or change the subject. The same with this NC Trophy the pukes are thinking about. Don't do it Aggies, it will come back to bite you. Everyone knows it's either Wrestling or Golf that you win your National Championships, not Football.

mdklatt
1/15/2012, 09:44 PM
No way that OSU could be joking about this idea.

100% serious that we are claiming this title

Don't blame us because your fan base is Poe's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law) writ large. Are the 20-page threads on OP about what color helmets to wear also just joking around?

OU fans don't laugh at oSu fans because we think you're joking, we laugh at you because we know that you're usually dead serious about the ridiculous **** you believe.

SoonerSpock
1/16/2012, 11:13 AM
The pukes sound like Mack in 2008 when he did not get to play for the conference championship after losing that opportunity by the rules established before the season began. In 2011 Every school in the BCS agreed to the methodology for determining the champion before the season started. Now some of the pukes want to change the rules after the fact.

Next year Boone-Pickens will probably have signage indicating such.

oudavid1
1/17/2012, 06:39 PM
Press Boxes dont lie. OU has 7. OSU 0.