PDA

View Full Version : So Landry's return assures osu a bedlam win next year

Crimsontothecore
1/12/2012, 05:20 PM
At least according to them.

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/laundry-jones-is-returning-for-senior-year.137431/

Dare I remind them Landry is 2-1 against them with a win in stoolwater? Their delusionalism is amazing.

LVSOONER15
1/12/2012, 05:35 PM
They will come back to reality this upcoming season. And I think the Stoops and Co. are gonna have no mercy.

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 05:40 PM
Who TF cares what the Pukes say or think?

KantoSooner
1/12/2012, 05:48 PM
This is precisely why playing the good sport is a useless exercise. Wear the black hat, embrace that bad boy. And WHENEVER you can, lay an emasculating beatdown on anyone you can. 50-3 in the 4th with 2:00 to play? You got the ball? Start heaving that SOB for the end zone.
You have only so many opportunities to score points. Score them WHENEVER you can.

jumperstop
1/12/2012, 06:29 PM
They seem to forget landry has a winning record against them. That whole thread is full stupidity...

SoonerGibb7
1/12/2012, 06:38 PM
Storm the field when we upset them next year.

oumartin
1/12/2012, 06:39 PM
wanna know what even more dumb.. Visiting their message board.

badger
1/12/2012, 06:44 PM
I don't think Landry is returning to beat OSU, so who gives an eff about that one game next year.

I saw him during the broadcast of the OU-Tech womens basketball game last night, nervous as ever as Whitney was having a career night (24 points, including 11 for 11 for free throws) and we were down by two baskets (we ended up winning 70-68, giving No. 10 Lady Raiders its first loss of its season).

Landry would be off training in some California pre-draft facility now if he decided to go pro. Instead, he's watching his future wife have the game of her life leading a team of mostly freshmen and sophomores over an undefeated top ten team at Lloyd Noble Center.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2012/20120112_b5ouwomen0112.jpg

If anyone else saw the game last night, I'd have to say that Landry made a pretty awesome decision.

sooneredaco
1/12/2012, 06:47 PM
Sheephumpers crack me up!

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 06:48 PM
I don't think Landry is returning to beat OSU, so who gives an eff about that one game next year.

I saw him during the broadcast of the OU-Tech womens basketball game last night, nervous as ever as Whitney was having a career night (24 points, including 11 for 11 for free throws) and we were down by two baskets (we ended up winning 70-68, giving No. 10 Lady Raiders its first loss of its season).

Landry would be off training in some California pre-draft facility now if he decided to go pro. Instead, he's watching his future wife have the game of her life leading a team of mostly freshmen and sophomores over an undefeated top ten team at Lloyd Noble Center.

If anyone else saw the game last night, I'd have to say that Landry made a pretty awesome decision.

She do have a Purty Mouf

trey
1/12/2012, 08:37 PM
Is it possible that we go to Stillwater for a 3rd consecutive year with the addition of tcu and wvu?

jk the sooner fan
1/12/2012, 08:44 PM
i guess they forgot who our qb was last year...

goingoneight
1/12/2012, 11:10 PM
If I were Joe C. or Boren or whoever makes that decision would say hell farking no to going to Stoolwater again.

picasso
1/12/2012, 11:15 PM
Is Weeden coming back?

Crimsontothecore
1/12/2012, 11:16 PM
Is it possible that we go to Stillwater for a 3rd consecutive year with the addition of tcu and wvu?

That won't happen from what I hear. The 2011 schedule was re-worked because the Big12 went from 12 to 10 teams. TCU and WV simply fill the spaces left by the departures of Mizzou and ATM.

Keller Sooner
1/13/2012, 07:52 AM
They wish!!

thecrimsoncrusader
1/13/2012, 08:21 AM
What they really need to realize is Blackmon was one of those rare breeds that changes defensive game-plans due to needing to be double teamed and then some and even in those cases, is still downright unstoppable. Their new QB and and their receiving corps sans Blackmon is f'ed as their receivers can all be singled covered and shut down now. And OSU doesn't reload even in theGundy era, they rebuild and now they have to do it without their Mormon QB also.

oudavid1
1/13/2012, 10:02 AM
Landry Jones is 2-1 vs OSU. Both wins against Oklahoma State's best 2 QBs ever. 1-0 in Norman. Aint scared.

badger
1/13/2012, 10:07 AM

If anything, OSU owes us back to back games after the Big 8 transition gave them two in a row and now the Big 12 reshuffle gave them another two in a row. However, Boren is probably not that cruel, as he knows how much they are counting on having that game every other year in order to sell season tickets.

KantoSooner
1/13/2012, 10:37 AM
Early prediction?

OU 77
OSU 3

Their offense will suck. They've lost the only two difference makers they had and have zippo coming to fill the gap.
Their defense sucked this year and I see nothing to make me believe they'll be better next year.
Our offense will be at least as good as we were at the beginning of the season. Without devastating injuries, we'll be much better than we were at the end of the season.
Our defense will be much improved with a better front equalling much more pressure on QBs.
and it will be in Norman.
The game will be over by half time and that will enable me to indulge in a cleansing ale and a hearty laugh at Pete's expense.

swardboy
1/13/2012, 11:00 AM
Is Weeden coming back?

Yeah, after he fails to make an NFL roster he'll return to join the OSWho 'rasslin' team. Pistols firin'!!!!!!!!!!

rekamrettuB
1/13/2012, 11:54 AM
If anything, OSU owes us back to back games after the Big 8 transition gave them two in a row and now the Big 12 reshuffle gave them another two in a row. However, Boren is probably not that cruel, as he knows how much they are counting on having that game every other year in order to sell season tickets.

86-87 was back to back Norman and, in return, OU was rewarded by back to back in Lincoln.

badger
1/13/2012, 12:19 PM
86-87 was back to back Norman and, in return, OU was rewarded by back to back in Lincoln.

Oh joy, bugeater country :(

Crimsontothecore
1/13/2012, 12:32 PM
Early prediction?

OU 77
OSU 3

Their offense will suck. They've lost the only two difference makers they had and have zippo coming to fill the gap.
Their defense sucked this year and I see nothing to make me believe they'll be better next year.
Our offense will be at least as good as we were at the beginning of the season. Without devastating injuries, we'll be much better than we were at the end of the season.
Our defense will be much improved with a better front equalling much more pressure on QBs.
and it will be in Norman.
The game will be over by half time and that will enable me to indulge in a cleansing ale and a hearty laugh at Pete's expense.

No, no, no. Haven't you heard? osu is now among the elite. They don't rebuild, they "reload". I know this is true because I've had two different osu fans tell me that in person. This seasons win gave them the permanent upper hand on OU and Stoops will probably never beat them again....Norman or stoolwater.:ambivalence:

BoomerJ
1/13/2012, 12:33 PM

Wow! I didn't realize that Whitney was such a giant.

SoonerTerry
1/13/2012, 01:20 PM
So Landry's return assures osu a bedlam win next year

Gotta be honest.. I had my neg spekin mini gun all wound up when I saw this...

badger
1/13/2012, 01:28 PM
Wow! I didn't realize that Whitney was such a giant.

Oh yeah. In 20 years Landry Jones Jr. will stand 7'2" tall and lead OU to championships in both football AND basketball. He will Belldoze, throw laser passes with his rocket arm and be as physically tough as Blake Griffin get judo thrown by some scrubbie mid major loser in the NCAA tourney.

(she is actually 6'1" for the record)