PDA

View Full Version : Is Saban a Larry Brown?

SanJoaquinSooner
1/12/2012, 04:23 PM
A talkinghead speculated that Saban would not finish his career at Alabama -- that he's like Larry Brown in needing a new challenge every so often. Also speculated that Texas could be his next job, when Mac is finally forced out.

badger
1/12/2012, 04:38 PM
I wonder if he'll try to give the NFL another go, since that has pretty much been his only blemish on his track record, lately.

The SEC is probably blood-in blood-out though, so I'm not sure he can take two rabid crazy fanbases chasing after him with razors :eek:

Scott D
1/12/2012, 04:42 PM
To be a Larry Brown he'd have to be willing to sabotage himself in order to get fired so not only can he get a new job, but he can continue to be paid by the old job at the same time, all while making it sound like the grind of being a head coach has pushed him to his last job (again).

goingoneight
1/12/2012, 10:22 PM
I think he learned the same lesson Spurrier learned. He just had enough of a reputation to land a better job his second go-round in CFB.

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 10:30 PM
He seems pretty happy in Tuscaloosa.

That is intriguing that the whorns would try and throw their checkbook at him to replace their aging Caesar....lol

Sabanball
1/12/2012, 10:53 PM
His next stop will be Lake Burton in Georgia.

CowboyMRW
1/12/2012, 11:09 PM
Absolutely beautiful area and lakes.