PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones Heisman Winner for 2012?

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 02:56 PM
Seems the list just got a little shorter for our QB...

Trent Richardson just declared for the draft....

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/01/alabama-trent-richardson-nfl-decision-donta-hightower-dre-kirkpatrick/1

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 03:23 PM
This fella is making his list already...No Landry Jones....lol

I guess nobody here thinks he can do it?

I'm gonna go out on a bigger limb than I did last year and say that he will at the very least...get a trip to NYC.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-01-11/sports/os-our-201213-heisman-trophy-watch-list-20120111_1_stanford-s-andrew-luck-matt-barkley-de-anthony-thomas

This guys list....

Matt Barkley, QB, USC - meh. Just Pac12 SUC Hype.

Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin - I agree...I thought this kid should have won this year.

Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU - A cornerback that just lost the MNC to Alabama....lol

Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson - He Definitely deserves to be on the list but they lost an ugly Bowl Game this year.

De’Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon - a decent choice but he'll need to have an even bigger year than this year if he wants to beat out Montee Ball.

Mississippi Sooner
1/12/2012, 03:25 PM
Expect the Barkley hype to be in full, bile-choking overdrive this year. Heck, they even started it up when he announced he was coming back.

SoonerAtKU
1/12/2012, 03:26 PM
I think Ball will suffer if he doesn't have as good a year as he did this year, which is fairly likely considering the monster year he had. Mathieu is not ending up on anyone's final list, and was a fad that is most likely over. Barkley and Thomas are good choices as front-runners, with Boyd and Watkins getting some dark horse publicity.

oumartin
1/12/2012, 03:27 PM
Brandon Weeden should win it. Oh wait. They kicked him outta school once his AARP benefits kicked in

CowboyMRW
1/12/2012, 03:46 PM
Ball is a system RB. The real hosses for that Wisconsin team was the OL and the fact that they got a real QB this year. I think his numbers are going to drop hard next year.

KantoSooner
1/12/2012, 03:51 PM
Jones has all the tools to do it. Now, will he avoid being knocked down by any defender getting within a yard of him? Will he avoid the dreaded 'Bad Landry' game (or two) that seem his curse? Will his receivers use hand lotion this off season....instead of soaking their paws in pickle juice and pounding them with paddles to toughen them up?

BigTip
1/12/2012, 04:12 PM
Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson - He Definitely deserves to be on the list but they lost an ugly Bowl Game this year.

Uglier than our loss to Tech?

Why not Landry? He will be on the radar at least, and that is part of the battle for any winner. I have low expectations for this coming year, so any success we might end up with will be great.

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 04:18 PM
Jones has all the tools to do it. Now, will he avoid being knocked down by any defender getting within a yard of him? Will he avoid the dreaded 'Bad Landry' game (or two) that seem his curse? Will his receivers use hand lotion this off season....instead of soaking their paws in pickle juice and pounding them with paddles to toughen them up?

Norvell?

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 04:23 PM
Uglier than our loss to Tech?

Why not Landry? He will be on the radar at least, and that is part of the battle for any winner. I have low expectations for this coming year, so any success we might end up with will be great.

Last I remember...we were in the game against Tech and Baylor.

Take just a quick look at the Clemson Bowl Game. They were on fire on all year and even beat Virginia Tech twice going into their Bowl Game. You wanna talk about an *** kicking....take a look if you didn't watch it.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=320040228

Even though they had 3 regular season losses....they won some impressive games.....even one against Florida State who we beat the last two years even though PONDER was gonna be our undoing and this years QB Manuel was supposed to do us in too.
(http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=320040228)

Seamus
1/12/2012, 04:45 PM
Disagree. Barkley had a hell of a year, he has TWO stud receivers and he will get plenty of exposure.

I hate the SUC more than most people do, but Barkley is legitimate. He WILL be a candidate and he WILL have SUC in contention. Unfortunately.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him as the early, early expected No. 1 draft choice.

htownsooner7
1/12/2012, 04:59 PM
With all this momentum, how can he not? After having two terrible turnovers, one completely unforced, in the biggest game of the year on prime time TV at Okie St, he went 16 for 125 for 161 yards in the Insight Bowl versus a 6 loss Iowa team.

htownsooner7
1/12/2012, 05:00 PM
With all this momentum, how can he not? After having two terrible turnovers, one completely unforced, in the biggest game of the year on prime time TV at Okie St, he went 16 for 25 for 161 yards in the Insight Bowl versus a 6 loss Iowa team.

rainiersooner
1/12/2012, 05:06 PM
Sorry, but I just don't want to hear Landry and Heisman in the same sentence. Ever.

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 05:08 PM
With all this momentum, how can he not? After having two terrible turnovers, one completely unforced, in the biggest game of the year on prime time TV at Okie St, he went 16 for 125 for 161 yards in the Insight Bowl versus a 6 loss Iowa team.

Hey...it's possible he can't get over the fact that Ryan Broyles is gone but I get the feeling he came back because he believes there is more for him to do here. With that in mind....it means to me that even though we struggled in the last half of the year this year....Landry still feels like he has his best Season ever coming right before he and his Wife both are recruited as Pros in their respective Careers.

I'm sure it's easy to continue to trash talk him with stats but we all know that had Ryan and Jaz not gotten hurt and we hadn't just completly used up Stills...Landry's Stats would have been much different. Our WRs really need to look at this next season as an opportunity to have a really great QB throwing passes their way and if they are good enough....maybe he'll lock on to them just like he did Ryan Broyles and turn then into the Go To Guy that Ryan was.

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 05:10 PM
Sorry, but I just don't want to hear Landry and Heisman in the same sentence. Ever.
Well that's just stupid.

sooneredaco
1/12/2012, 05:11 PM
With all this momentum, how can he not? After having two terrible turnovers, one completely unforced, in the biggest game of the year on prime time TV at Okie St, he went 16 for 25 for 161 yards in the Insight Bowl versus a 6 loss Iowa team.

Repetition for emphasis? :D

I think he has a legit chance at it

oudavid1
1/12/2012, 05:15 PM
I'll put my money on Matt Barkley.

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 05:21 PM
I'll put my money on Matt Barkley.

So you have SUC winning it all next year?

I only say this as he hasn't got the stats to back it up....at least he's not broke the 4000 yards in a Season plateau that it seems to take. Even Griffin had to get his numbers up to get his shot and still be able to lose some games.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/12/2012, 05:22 PM
Interesting to see how many TDs Blake Bell takes away from Landry..I can't see a quarterback winning it that is taken out that much.

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 05:26 PM
Interesting to see how many TDs Blake Bell takes away from Landry..I can't see a quarterback winning it that is taken out that much.

WINNAH^

If we dont have a "Go To" Receiver for LJ to throw to, He aint gonna win it . That simple

kbsooner21
1/12/2012, 05:26 PM
I think Barkley is the front runner to open the season.

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 05:31 PM

I agree with that to a degree but I also got the feeling this year that Blake got used not just because of the Red Zone problems but also because it isn't hard to figure out as a DC that if you injure Jones....OU is screwed.

Now....maybe Josh, Jay and Bob use the same strategy again next year but if Landry comes back his Senior year for you and he finds WRs like he did early in the year this year...do they keep playing Blake?

I guess that's where all this Coaching changes on Defense will play out as if we keep the other Teams offenses off the field....We have more opportunities for our Offense and maybe even enough to support giving Blake some TDs.

I'd say if Landry is able to lower his INT rate and still post 4000 yards....he was only 8 TDs shy of what Griffin did it with this year and at Baylor with a 10-3 Season.

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 05:42 PM
I think Barkley is the front runner to open the season.

The Media seems locked in on him.

We've seen them do it before and these guys blow up but Barkley had a 3500 yard Season and 39 TDs and 7 INTs. Very respectable if we don't see other Teams win out and have nearly or better stats. SUC only lost two games this year but they were very costly to them as their Schedule was pretty weak and the ASU and Stanford Losses really hurt them. The win against Oregon did show they were a decent Team....but seriously....they need to play some SEC Teams or a Nebraska....even FSU maybe.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/12/2012, 05:54 PM
Winning the Heisman isn't necessarily stats driven even though, yeah, the heisman winner will have them..It's a player who dominates his position and is able to win..That's why TT QBs can throw for 4000 and 40 TDs every year and not get a blink..YOu throw 550-600 times a year, uhm..You should have those kind of yards..

The Heisman is for a player that creates excitement and is the talk of the college football world..RG threw for 170 less yards on 160 less pass attempts..He created excitement with his running...LJ is a nice player, but generate excitement nation wide isn't him..Same thing with Ball..He scored 39 TDs and hardly anyone outside of Madison noticed.

As far as DC thing, Landry didn't get hit that much anyway...He was taken out because they couldn't get anything with him in the game to work..Not all on him or any one position, but as a team it wasn't working.

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 06:05 PM
Winning the Heisman isn't necessarily stats driven even though, yeah, the heisman winner will have them..It's a player who dominates his position and is able to win..That's why TT QBs can throw for 4000 and 40 TDs every year and not get a blink..YOu throw 550-600 times a year, uhm..You should have those kind of yards..

The Heisman is for a player that creates excitement and is the talk of the college football world..RG threw for 170 less yards on 160 less pass attempts..He created excitement with his running...LJ is a nice player, but generate excitement nation wide isn't him..Same thing with Ball..He scored 39 TDs and hardly anyone outside of Madison noticed.

As far as DC thing, Landry didn't get hit that much anyway...He was taken out because they couldn't get anything with him in the game to work..Not all on him or any one position, but as a team it wasn't working.

I kind of thought Wisconsin got started late promoting Ball and that Bob was just about ready to turn on the promote Landry stuff until the loss to Tech at Home. When we lost to Baylor and lost Dom and then Ryan....they knew there was little use especially when they were seeing just maybe Jaz step up. Stills was hot in the first part of the year and I know he had to have had some problems and they just weren't talking about it. Towards the 2nd half of the year....Stills looked bad and Jaz was even hit and miss.

Bob has two Heisman Winners and really I think we all know that Josh should have made three but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Josh made the trip though. He also knows what it takes to win the Heisman, so that's why I think that everyone who has a negative to throw at Landry....sure some of if it warranted but if he does well next year....there's no one else I'd rather have in my corner than Bob Stoops and Josh Heupel to promote my run at the Trophy.

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 06:06 PM
STEP, You sound all smart and stuff
Good jorb .

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 06:09 PM
STEP, You sound all smart and stuff
Good jorb .

You know I figured he'd be around to try that on me. :D

It's either that or try on hump my leg.

soonercoop1
1/12/2012, 06:17 PM
No way he wins the Heisman....

budbarrybob
1/12/2012, 06:17 PM
will not win it.

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 06:25 PM
No way he wins the Heisman....

will not win it.

By Gawd he will if ESPN says so

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 06:30 PM
By Gawd he will if ESPN says so

I'd like to clear...I'm not saying he will win it. I think we need to see at least four games and a Texas win before I'd ever say he might be able to pull it off.....but I like the fact he came back for his Senior Season and the numbers he's posted so far as QB are pretty outstanding and even better than that if you weren't expected to be better than Sam Bradford and have won 3 National Championships in a row....lol

That said....I think he belongs on the list as a possible contender until it looks like he and the Sooners are a bust for the MNC next year.

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 06:34 PM
He Will Win it IF ESPN gives him the nod .

SicEmBaylor
1/12/2012, 06:38 PM
Landry Jones is a moderately talented pocket passer who has benefited from the outstanding offensive talent at OU. Landry Jones is a good kid who seemingly works hard to win.

Having said that...Landry Jones has absolutely no emotion. He doesn't have that "it" factor to rally the team around him when the chips are down. He doesn't have enough weapons in his personal arsenal to overcome the loss of his top receivers.

Landry Jones will continue to win a lot of games. He may or may not win another conference title. He will not win a national title nor is there any chance on this great big Earth that he wins the Heisman.

*singing* Delusion has a first name -- it's S-O-O-N-E-R; Delusion has a second name -- it's T-R-O-U-P. /singing

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 06:41 PM
Landry Jones is a moderately talented pocket passer who has benefited from the outstanding offensive talent at OU. Landry Jones is a good kid who seemingly works hard to win.

Having said that...Landry Jones has absolutely no emotion. He doesn't have that "it" factor to rally the team around him when the chips are down. He doesn't have enough weapons in his personal arsenal to overcome the loss of his top receivers.

Landry Jones will continue to win a lot of games. He may or may not win another conference title. He will not win a national title nor is there any chance on this great big Earth that he wins the Heisman.

*singing* Delusion has a first name -- it's S-O-O-N-E-R; Delusion has a second name -- it's T-R-O-U-P. /singing

**** off Dip ****

BigTip
1/12/2012, 07:12 PM

It's not just the TDs that are taken away from Jones' stats. It's the message sent that Jones can't score in the red zone. That is the more damaging thing. "He's too soft to score." "He can't get the job completed" etc etc.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/12/2012, 07:35 PM

*singing* Delusion has a first name -- it's S-O-O-N-E-R; Delusion has a second name -- it's T-R-O-U-P. /singingYou're becoming as enchanting as the whorns and aggy on this message board. Good show!

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 07:54 PM
You're becoming as enchanting as the whorns and aggy on this message board. Good show!
Hell He can afford to be uppity, baylor beat us after 20 some odd trys and His Boy dun won the Heisman.
Plus he aint ever werked a day in his life .

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 10:17 PM
His boy went 10-3 against an even weaker schedule than Landry and pulled a win out of his *** along with some questionable refereeing and he luckily won the Heisman because Brandon Weeden was to old and Andrew Luck's Team who nearly beat oSu in their Bowl Game lost one regular Season Game.

How the hell they gave a Heisman to him instead of Luck who will play in the NFL for years after they cart RG3 off in a backboard to a Whambulance...is nobody's guess.

Unbelievable they decided to give Goldilocks from the 3 Bears that kind of recognition over a guy who is a real football player is beyond belief. My guess is he broke the 20 year jinx against us with that sorry excuse for a win against us.

htownsooner7
1/13/2012, 01:26 PM

You'll get ragged on for this post, but its pretty reasonable. We've tried so many times on here to label it, not having the "it factor" is similar to what's been said. We all thought he turned a corner after the OSU game, Fiesta Bowl, FSU game and the stomping of UT. But he didn't. He's the same guy. He's great when the offense is clicking and is a big time arm, so he's capable of some great throws. Unfortunately, when the offense is not clicking and when he has to move laterally, he is entirely unreliable.

Sooner91ATL
1/13/2012, 01:34 PM
It is quite frightening how badly our offense stalled after Broyles went out. It is disturbing to see Jones' role in it vis a vis the oskies and high throws and nervousness (he did good in Baylor game). I think (hope) that he will have very good numbers next year, similar to his first three years. But that would be the case with any starting OU quarterback.

Landry is swell but he does not have the "it" factor. One of the things I like about Bell coming in is that he shows some backbone and fire in his belly. I hate to have that two QB system in place, but it sure is nice to see a QB with attitude in there. Landry is probably the most spiritually centered and relaxed QB in the NCAA, but not one of the best players.

StoopTroup
1/13/2012, 01:40 PM
RG3 looked like he'd been run over by a truck at the end of that Bowl Victory.

I guarantee you that was as hard as he's ever played in his life and he will need to be able to play like that every game he's in the NFL. He's a decent player but a mediocre Heisman Winner.

We are talking about him in a shootout with a 7-6 Washington who was 5-4 in the Pac12 and RG3 having to win it with 1 passing TD and one Rushing TD. The star of that game for BU was Ganaway. 5 TDs....a great Game and his performance again allowed the Media to pump up RG3's stock but it happened against WU not OU or LSU or Bama.

So I throw out reasonable but I support your assessment that he is unreliable.

SicEmBaylor
1/13/2012, 02:32 PM
RG3 looked like he'd been run over by a truck at the end of that Bowl Victory.

I guarantee you that was as hard as he's ever played in his life and he will need to be able to play like that every game he's in the NFL. He's a decent player but a mediocre Heisman Winner.

We are talking about him in a shootout with a 7-6 Washington who was 5-4 in the Pac12 and RG3 having to win it with 1 passing TD and one Rushing TD. The star of that game for BU was Ganaway. 5 TDs....a great Game and his performance again allowed the Media to pump up RG3's stock but it happened against WU not OU or LSU or Bama.

So I throw out reasonable but I support your assessment that he is unreliable.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how any assessment of Jones is impact in any shape, form, or fashion by RGIII. If you want to talk about him, fine, start a thread about him. This particular thread is about Landry Jones who, regardless of whether RGIII is going to do well or not in the NFL, is somewhere between "average" and "great."

picasso
1/13/2012, 02:36 PM
Did Griffin not just win said award that this thread is about? I can see the correlation.

StoopTroup
1/13/2012, 02:47 PM
Which for the life of me wonders why you are even here talking about football.

Your Team pulled some wins out of their *** after decades of fail. Everyone knows it's over except you.

Your post #34 in this thread is some pretty harsh statements about a kid that had your "Once in a lifetime QB" having to run like a chicken with his head cut off and launch prayers to WRs who didn't get caught shoving off.

Landry was indeed the guy that put up 447 yards passing on your Team that day and did it without his GO TO guy Ryan Broyles. We all know that with Broyles in the game....Baylor loses and Griffin's hope's of a Heisman are zero.

Your guy got lucky and Landry stayed with his Team under very difficult circumstances.

You have zero credibility as far as Football is concerned and as a Sooner I say **** OFF DIP**** to you. Now....you've pissed me off....fly away fly. Go see if you can find who stole your scooter.

I truly started this as I think Landry deserves to be on the list...and if circumstances change in our WR Corps this next Season....I believe he has the experience to at the very least pull off the miracle gift the Heisman Committee gave RG3, next year as QB of the Sooners.

FWIW....Landry was being mentioned as one of the leaders in the Heisman Race this last year until Whaley and Broyles were injured. So I stand by my original Statement that a Senior QB of the Sooners should get some consideration as a viable candidate for the Heisman next year. He's been in the running before....he can do it again is my thoughts.

Curly Bill
1/13/2012, 03:56 PM
I guess ST can try to run me off too, but SicEm pretty much expressed my thoughts on the matter, if perhaps a little harsher than I might have said them.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/13/2012, 04:39 PM
Did Griffin not just win said award that this thread is about? I can see the correlation.People talk about what they wanna talk about in ANY thread, anyway. Since when did scolding someone for talking about a subject other than what the scolder wanted to address ever stop the subject from changing, EVAR? haha.

JiminyChristmas
1/13/2012, 06:28 PM
To the OP, uh, no.

tm250
1/13/2012, 06:41 PM
I hope we come into the 2012 season ranked 119th and not one player on the team being mentioned for any
award......I want a chip on this team/coaches shoulder and them to coach/play like the nation is against them
and they have something to prove....

Boomer F'n Sooner Baby!!!!!

StoopTroup
1/14/2012, 01:58 AM
I guess ST can try to run me off too, but SicEm pretty much expressed my thoughts on the matter, if perhaps a little harsher than I might have said them.

Wow, I never knew I possessed the power to run folks off?

That's awesome. Thanks Phil!

LMFAO!

SicEmBaylor
1/14/2012, 02:03 AM
Did Griffin not just win said award that this thread is about? I can see the correlation.
Yes he did, but I still don't know what that has to do with Landry winning it next season. The Heisman is awarded based on how relatively good they are as compared to their competition that year....not how good they are relative to previous winners.

People talk about what they wanna talk about in ANY thread, anyway. Since when did scolding someone for talking about a subject other than what the scolder wanted to address ever stop the subject from changing, EVAR? haha.
He can talk about RGIII all he wants. I'm simply saying that RGIII has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Landry is going to win the Heisman next year. The only relevance that would have is if RGIII were coming back.

SicEmBaylor
1/14/2012, 02:21 AM
Which for the life of me wonders why you are even here talking about football.
I've been "here" awhile now.

Your Team pulled some wins out of their *** after decades of fail. Everyone knows it's over except you.
O'Rlly? When have I given you any prediction in any shape, form, or fashion about next year? I hate to counter your narrative with actual facts, but I'm one of the most cynical pessimistic people you'll ever meet which applies to football as well. There isn't a single day that goes by that I don't expect the entire program to just blow up. Hell, the only time I've ever had even positive good vibes about football was prior to the OU game.

Of the two of us, I think everyone knows which one of us is the pollyanna about our respective teams.

Your post #34 in this thread is some pretty harsh statements about a kid that had your "Once in a lifetime QB" having to run like a chicken with his head cut off and launch prayers to WRs who didn't get caught shoving off.
Landry was chasing RGIII around the field? Interesting. I missed that one. And puuuuhhhhlease do not start that aggie-esque bull**** about penalties. Every team gets some their way and loses some...it's the nature of the game. Get over it. I am absolutely positively sure that OU has been the recipient of some bad calls from time to time.

Landry was indeed the guy that put up 447 yards passing on your Team that day and did it without his GO TO guy Ryan Broyles.
Have you watched our defense all season? He wasn't exactly going up against one of the best all time units there. HOWEVER, I have never said that Landry wasn't a good QB. He truly is a fantastic pocket passer who can put up great stats and huge yards. But he will not win the Heisman or a NC.

We all know that with Broyles in the game....Baylor loses and Griffin's hope's of a Heisman are zero
If and's were but's and but's were and's then the whole world would be an ***.

Your guy got lucky and Landry stayed with his Team under very difficult circumstances.
I don't even know exactly what this means.

You have zero credibility as far as Football is concerned
How much credibility do you have? I've read your football predictions.

and as a Sooner I say **** OFF DIP**** to you.
Well, that's great considering the degree to which I love OU. If Landry does win the Heisman and NC next year then nobody outside of Soonerland will be more happy than me. There isn't a single game or award that I don't want OU to win unless it's us. You've had a bug up your *** about RGIII for a long time. I don't know if he hit up your daughter or what, but your butthurt over Baylor and RGIII is palpable. It's as if you think that all of that success has come at the expense of OU in some sort of zero-sum game. It's bizarre. It's bizarre how you bring up your butthurt over RGIII in response to virtually EVERY post I make. He's gone; he's going to the NFL. I wish him well, and I've moved on. You can't seem to do the same. You're sad and somewhat pathetic.

Now....you've pissed me off....fly away fly. Go see if you can find who stole your scooter.
Awe, now my feelers are all hurt.

I believe he has the experience to at the very least pull off the miracle gift the Heisman Committee gave RG3
Yeah...the Heisman Committee doesn't vote.

FWIW....Landry was being mentioned as one of the leaders in the Heisman Race this last year until Whaley and Broyles were injured. So I stand by my original Statement that a Senior QB of the Sooners should get some consideration as a viable candidate for the Heisman next year. He's been in the running before....he can do it again is my thoughts.
Yes, as the Senior QB at OU he should be considered a possible Heisman candidate. He won't win. I hope I'm wrong.

Seamus
1/14/2012, 04:42 AM
Reasonable my ***. Baylor QB pulls off the near-impossible, and this guy suddenly thinks he has a penis.

StoopTroup
1/14/2012, 01:07 PM
I've been "here" awhile now.

O'Rlly? When have I given you any prediction in any shape, form, or fashion about next year? I hate to counter your narrative with actual facts, but I'm one of the most cynical pessimistic people you'll ever meet which applies to football as well. There isn't a single day that goes by that I don't expect the entire program to just blow up. Hell, the only time I've ever had even positive good vibes about football was prior to the OU game.

Of the two of us, I think everyone knows which one of us is the pollyanna about our respective teams.

Landry was chasing RGIII around the field? Interesting. I missed that one. And puuuuhhhhlease do not start that aggie-esque bull**** about penalties. Every team gets some their way and loses some...it's the nature of the game. Get over it. I am absolutely positively sure that OU has been the recipient of some bad calls from time to time.

Have you watched our defense all season? He wasn't exactly going up against one of the best all time units there. HOWEVER, I have never said that Landry wasn't a good QB. He truly is a fantastic pocket passer who can put up great stats and huge yards. But he will not win the Heisman or a NC.

If and's were but's and but's were and's then the whole world would be an ***.

I don't even know exactly what this means.

How much credibility do you have? I've read your football predictions.

Well, that's great considering the degree to which I love OU. If Landry does win the Heisman and NC next year then nobody outside of Soonerland will be more happy than me. There isn't a single game or award that I don't want OU to win unless it's us. You've had a bug up your *** about RGIII for a long time. I don't know if he hit up your daughter or what, but your butthurt over Baylor and RGIII is palpable. It's as if you think that all of that success has come at the expense of OU in some sort of zero-sum game. It's bizarre. It's bizarre how you bring up your butthurt over RGIII in response to virtually EVERY post I make. He's gone; he's going to the NFL. I wish him well, and I've moved on. You can't seem to do the same. You're sad and somewhat pathetic.

Awe, now my feelers are all hurt.

Yeah...the Heisman Committee doesn't vote.

Yes, as the Senior QB at OU he should be considered a possible Heisman candidate. He won't win. I hope I'm wrong.

I accept your apology.

:D

Jason White's Third Knee
1/14/2012, 01:14 PM
Predicting that someone won't win the heisman isn't exactly bold. There are a lot of amazing players that won't win every single year for any number of reasons. Ask Tommy McDonald. Ask Adrian Peterson.

If ou's receivers get over their case of the dropsees Landry will look like a world beater. He will be in the running.

We all love sam. Sam didn't win a nc. I don't remember sam getting in everyone's face to light a fire under them either. He was a cool, laid back qb. If you like the self aggrandizing fist pumping and posing of tim tebow, great. I prefer the ilk of our qb's.

As for blaming LJ for the red zone issues, He didn't ruin the run game. The bell package puts three monsters in the backfield. since he is huge and runs the ball, that is like adding an extra man. He is essentially a fullback. It's a smart way to go.

Landry is a great qb. He is one of the best qb's ever to play for OU. He is no runner though.

An sic em, you have been here a long time. I usually like reading your posts. For the love of god, stop using the phrase 'butt hurt'. Whoever came up with that phrase should be punched in the throat.

StoopTroup
1/14/2012, 01:44 PM
Agreed Jason....don't forget Josh....he too knows what it's like to not win a Heisman. It's one of the reasons why I think Landry deserves to be on the list as our new Coaching Staff, although it's mostly new on the Defensive side.....Mike was a Head Coach and since Josh was on his Staff.....Josh and Jay will have two Head Coaches to lean on for advice on Offense and how to promote guys for these awards should we light it up next year and be undefeated or a 1-2 loss Team. Those that think next year will be worse than this year...I think they are wrong but time will tell.

Fraggle145
1/14/2012, 01:47 PM

Sadly I kind of agree with this.

StoopTroup
1/14/2012, 03:08 PM
You know....I'd even agree with some of you about Landry if we had only seen incredible passes pulled in from just Broyles and then label Broyles as the Best Damn WR in Sooner History....which I think is true anyways. However....Stills and Reynolds hauled in some great passes early on when Ryan was out there. I know plenty of folks go right to the "Ryan made Landry look good" scenario but it doesn't explain the other great catches that were made by other players. Ryan indeed is the guy I'd be looking for all the time if I knew he was open damn near every time he left the line of scrimmage. Thing is Stills, Jaz and even Miller made some catches. Miller was obviously getting snaps because Ryan was out. Every Sooner thought DeJaun wasn't getting the snaps he ought to get but when he did get them....he dropped some really crucial passes when he needed him to produce. I believe it forced Josh to change our offense as when the WRs started not to be dependable....we threw more screens to Finch, Clay when he was available and Millard.

Kameel jackson came on strong late in the Season and will possibly be one of our Go To Guys for Landry next year and hopefully will take some heat off Stills. We hopefully will also land a Freshman of the likes of a Ryan Broyles, Mark Clayton, Travis Wilson or a Brandon Jones. Possibly one of our current players steps up or even a Walk On comes to our Program.

I believe this to be true as when you have a guy that throws over 4000 yards in a Season....it's not because he's Mediocre. Especially when his 1st Season was for 3200 yards, his 2nd was for 4700 yards and then the year his Go To Guy goes out with an injury....he still throws for 4463 yards and has a back up QB running in TDs in the Red Zone because he's got nobody to haul in passes.

Fraggle145
1/14/2012, 05:08 PM
You know....I'd even agree with some of you about Landry if we had only seen incredible passes pulled in from just Broyles and then label Broyles as the Best Damn WR in Sooner History....which I think is true anyways. However....Stills and Reynolds hauled in some great passes early on when Ryan was out there. I know plenty of folks go right to the "Ryan made Landry look good" scenario but it doesn't explain the other great catches that were made by other players. Ryan indeed is the guy I'd be looking for all the time if I knew he was open damn near every time he left the line of scrimmage. Thing is Stills, Jaz and even Miller made some catches. Miller was obviously getting snaps because Ryan was out. Every Sooner thought DeJaun wasn't getting the snaps he ought to get but when he did get them....he dropped some really crucial passes when he needed him to produce. I believe it forced Josh to change our offense as when the WRs started not to be dependable....we threw more screens to Finch, Clay when he was available and Millard.

Kameel jackson came on strong late in the Season and will possibly be one of our Go To Guys for Landry next year and hopefully will take some heat off Stills. We hopefully will also land a Freshman of the likes of a Ryan Broyles, Mark Clayton, Travis Wilson or a Brandon Jones. Possibly one of our current players steps up or even a Walk On comes to our Program.

I believe this to be true as when you have a guy that throws over 4000 yards in a Season....it's not because he's Mediocre. Especially when his 1st Season was for 3200 yards, his 2nd was for 4700 yards and then the year his Go To Guy goes out with an injury....he still throws for 4463 yards and has a back up QB running in TDs in the Red Zone because he's got nobody to haul in passes.

Tell me the last time Landry put the team on his back and won one for us. Great OU QBs dont lose to teams like Tech and Baylor. Great OU QBs dont have some one else come in and score the TD that they cant score. They put the team on their back and go win the damn game or score the damn TD. If he had the "it" factor he'd be able to find another "go to guy" and elevate the play of those around him. I have never seen him do this. The other players have to pull him up to their level making heroic catches, etc...

StoopTroup
1/14/2012, 05:53 PM
Tell me the last time Landry put the team on his back and won one for us. Great OU QBs dont lose to teams like Tech and Baylor. Great OU QBs dont have some one else come in and score the TD that they cant score. They put the team on their back and go win the damn game or score the damn TD. If he had the "it" factor he'd be able to find another "go to guy" and elevate the play of those around him. I have never seen him do this. The other players have to pull him up to their level making heroic catches, etc...

Yeah I know....the "It" Factor. You think Jason White had the "It" Factor? Jason was a competitor and still won it. He had two bum legs and couldn't run so he had to depend on his WRs making heroic Catches. They indeed pulled Jason up to their level.

I know you and others wish to think that it was Landry that struggled in the red zone and that Blake saved Landry's Bacon....but i still think you are only half right. Blake did indeed save Landry's Bacon after Ryan went down in the A&M Game. What choice did he have? He had hit and miss help from our WR corp.

Look at Blakes Stats prior to Tech and really it was the A&M Game where he helped with 37 yards rushing and 2 TDs.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/501882/blake-bell

Match that up with Ryan going out in the A&M Game with 2 receptions and anyone can see just how much Ryan meant to Landry. They were a Team. You don't break up Teams and not see it affect things.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/232171/ryan-broyles

Jones continued to post over 250 yards a game even without Ryan but it was indeed obvious to me that we didn't have anyone to replace Ryan on 3 and 10 or 3rd and long.

OU's 3 down conversions were 80/193 and 4th downs were 9/14. I do wish I had the breakdown of that by game as I'll bet that you'll see how badly it dropped off without Ryan in there. Again....should Landry find another Go To Guy next year...I think you'll see him go to NYC. He's already destroyed Jason White's and Sam's career passing yards and it will be years before we see anyone take down his Career Records at OU....maybe never.

There is no way it makes any sense to try and say he doesn't have the "IT" factor as he's had "IT" for 3 years. Now I guess we will see if he has the "IT" I say he does and the "Nothing" you say he does next Season.

The stats are incredible and he would have been snapped up in the Draft had he gone this year.

The "IT" Factor that many of you talk about has indeed landed some QBs the Heisman.....but they didn't have "IT" during their entire College Careers. They had one good "IT" Year. I truly hope to see Landry have one of those type of years next year along with a Team that competes for all the marbles. I give us a lot better chance of that happening with the Coaching Changes as well as the fact that Landry returns in his 4th year as a Starter in all four of his years at OU. What a great recourse to have as a Coach.

You can go ahead and **** all over him....if you want Frag. I'm gonna continue to root him on and see if he can still hit the 4000+ and lower his INTs and up his TDs to 40 for the year.

SicEmBaylor
1/14/2012, 06:30 PM
Bell has it. You can see it in his eyes, body language, and energy both before and after a play. Whether he's as good of a passer as Landry remains to be seen, but I have no doubt that he will put the team on his back and plow ahead in ways that Landry simply can't or won't. Bell is the future, and I think it's a very bright one.

Fraggle145
1/14/2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah I know....the "It" Factor. You think Jason White had the "It" Factor? Jason was a competitor and still won it. He had two bum legs and couldn't run so he had to depend on his WRs making heroic Catches. They indeed pulled Jason up to their level.

I know you and others wish to think that it was Landry that struggled in the red zone and that Blake saved Landry's Bacon....but i still think you are only half right. Blake did indeed save Landry's Bacon after Ryan went down in the A&M Game. What choice did he have? He had hit and miss help from our WR corp.

Look at Blakes Stats prior to Tech and really it was the A&M Game where he helped with 37 yards rushing and 2 TDs.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/501882/blake-bell

Match that up with Ryan going out in the A&M Game with 2 receptions and anyone can see just how much Ryan meant to Landry. They were a Team. You don't break up Teams and not see it affect things.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/232171/ryan-broyles

Jones continued to post over 250 yards a game even without Ryan but it was indeed obvious to me that we didn't have anyone to replace Ryan on 3 and 10 or 3rd and long.

OU's 3 down conversions were 80/193 and 4th downs were 9/14. I do wish I had the breakdown of that by game as I'll bet that you'll see how badly it dropped off without Ryan in there. Again....should Landry find another Go To Guy next year...I think you'll see him go to NYC. He's already destroyed Jason White's and Sam's career passing yards and it will be years before we see anyone take down his Career Records at OU....maybe never.

There is no way it makes any sense to try and say he doesn't have the "IT" factor as he's had "IT" for 3 years. Now I guess we will see if he has the "IT" I say he does and the "Nothing" you say he does next Season.

The stats are incredible and he would have been snapped up in the Draft had he gone this year.

The "IT" Factor that many of you talk about has indeed landed some QBs the Heisman.....but they didn't have "IT" during their entire College Careers. They had one good "IT" Year. I truly hope to see Landry have one of those type of years next year along with a Team that competes for all the marbles. I give us a lot better chance of that happening with the Coaching Changes as well as the fact that Landry returns in his 4th year as a Starter in all four of his years at OU. What a great recourse to have as a Coach.

You can go ahead and **** all over him....if you want Frag. I'm gonna continue to root him on and see if he can still hit the 4000+ and lower his INTs and up his TDs to 40 for the year.

Didnt say I wasnt going to root for him. I think he is a good QB and just not great and I dont think he is going to win the Heisman and I dont think we can win a MNC with him. I hope he proves me wrong.

Also I dont hink Bell is the second coming. He needs to learn how to throw the ball first.

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 12:46 AM
Bell has it. You can see it in his eyes, body language, and energy both before and after a play. Whether he's as good of a passer as Landry remains to be seen, but I have no doubt that he will put the team on his back and plow ahead in ways that Landry simply can't or won't. Bell is the future, and I think it's a very bright one.

So if we sent Bell to Baylor....he'd win the MNC? LOL

StoopTroup
1/15/2012, 12:57 AM
Didnt say I wasnt going to root for him. I think he is a good QB and just not great and I dont think he is going to win the Heisman and I dont think we can win a MNC with him. I hope he proves me wrong.

Also I dont hink Bell is the second coming. He needs to learn how to throw the ball first.

I've watched Bell Throw in Warm ups and the Red/White Game. He's got a rocket of an arm....he's just got very little PT throwing. I also think he probably was an accuracy Problem and might not know the playbook well enough. You'd think he would know it front to back by now but when pressured....like Jason White when he got 1st started....he'll just take off running. I know that excites a lot of folks but we can win our Conference unless he throws for 2800 to 3200 yards along with some rushing yards.

Sam was great and yet he still got killed with the blindside. He also had 4700 yards passing in 2008 and 50 tds and 8 INTs but yet no "IT" factor could punch it in the Red Zone against phlorida. He still got the Heisman however.

This "IT" Factor is something you can't measure but once you don't have folks rooting for you....it does seem to be enough to ruin your chances for a Heisman.

I'm glad that you are at least going to root for Landry as it might just give him enough "IT" next year even if we don't win a MNC....lol

I'll take him not going to NYC over a National Championship anyway.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/15/2012, 09:57 AM
I think what you referring to is adrenalin. After Bell gets done bashing in to people, he has that stuff coursing though his veins. Add that to scoring a td and you have yourself an exciting show. Much more exciting than dropped passes.

Rhett Bomar had that it factor. I can't believe what I read here sometimes.

Curly Bill
1/17/2012, 10:33 AM
Wow, I never knew I possessed the power to run folks off?

That's awesome. Thanks Phil!

LMFAO!

Is Phil giving you a dollar for every LMFAO, or ROFL, or LMAO that you post? Your lame attemts at being dismissive to other posters, are well...lame.

StoopTroup
1/17/2012, 05:43 PM
Is Phil giving you a dollar for every LMFAO, or ROFL, or LMAO that you post? Your lame attemts at being dismissive to other posters, are well...lame.

Your's are the easiest to dismiss....

LOL

ROTF

LMFAO

ROTFLMFAO

Quit stalking me CB!

BTW....I use them because Phil's new smilies kind of suck.

oudavid1
1/17/2012, 06:29 PM
So you have SUC winning it all next year?

I only say this as he hasn't got the stats to back it up....at least he's not broke the 4000 yards in a Season plateau that it seems to take. Even Griffin had to get his numbers up to get his shot and still be able to lose some games.

Barkley is a better QB and they have a good schedule. I dont see LJ putting up numbers like he has with this core of WRs.

StoopTroup
1/17/2012, 07:58 PM
Barkley is a better QB and they have a good schedule. I dont see LJ putting up numbers like he has with this core of WRs.

So...suc's non-con schedule is Hawaii, Syracuse and Notre Dame who we also play....and they have a tougher Schedule? OU has ND and the whorns as tenative Games on their schedule so I find it hard you can consider their Schedule as good as that would require you to have knowledge that the Teams we play aren't as good and you don't have that yet. Maybe you could give me some Twitter feed that will clear it all up?

Also....it's not hard to see just how not having Ryan Broyles or any replacements would effect LJ's play during the season but let him reload during the off season and get comfortable with new WRs and a Healthy Stills and maybe even some TEs and some RBs catching out of the backfield and picking up yards....and I bet the worst he does is around 3800 yards next season. Is that enough to get him in the running for the Heisman? I guess that depends on what the competition does and whether he can get 40-50 TDs and keep the INTs at 7-8 or less.

It's really easy to say he won't do it but I think I've seen enough stats after 3 Seasons to think that he isn't coming back to OU to have a worse Season than the last 3 Seasons. He's coming back to set records at OU that will never possibly be broken. It's why I have a feeling the Coaches will find him the help he needs.

StoopTroup
1/17/2012, 11:15 PM
Even if Landry doesn't win the Heisman....I like his chances of playing in the Senior Bowl. I know...a far cry from the Heisman but it's been quite awhile since OU has had a QB in the Senior Bowl. Did Josh play in one? Jason?

Okie35
1/18/2012, 07:51 AM

Which mean we'll have to have a consistent running game (especially in the red zone). If we do, he'll get the invite. I don't like when Landry has 100% of the offense on his shoulders.

Only because he can make plays with his legs, that's it. I'm sure Landry is the better passer right now.

Curly Bill
1/18/2012, 08:34 AM
Your's are the easiest to dismiss....

LOL

ROTF

LMFAO

ROTFLMFAO

Quit stalking me CB!

BTW....I use them because Phil's new smilies kind of suck.

Quit stalking you? You're the one that lives on here, always ready to answer any post with some stream of consciousness pablum you pull from who knows where, often making sense to no one but perhaps yourself. And I'm staking you? That's rich.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 11:38 AM
Quit stalking you? You're the one that lives on here, always ready to answer any post with some stream of consciousness pablum you pull from who knows where, often making sense to no one but perhaps yourself. And I'm staking you? That's rich.

You just can't help but do it can you?

I'm sure I post some doozies in your opinion. I love Sooner Football and the Football board here really seemed to be headed towards a bunch of folks who had zero good to say and Fans from other Schools because of it.

You have the same opportunity to respond to any of the posts however.....I notice you spend most of your time on here bashing OU Fans and continuing to do nothing but complain.

I'm not saying you aren't welcome to do it either because it also creates plenty of posts for folks to respond to.

I do know for a fact though that many good OU Fans who used to talk about Football on this board left due to the Curmudgeon Attitudes you and others have taken....especially this year. 10-3? Yeah it sucked. Losing 3 games that we usually win? Yeah...that sucked. Winning those by the skin of our teeth? That would have landed our Team in a Bowl Game very unprepared due to injuries IMO. We ended up right where we should have and Bob is now back on the recruiting trail for Coaches and Players and I like seeing us keep our QB for 4 years and allowing him to finish out what has been IMO a pretty awesome career as one of OU's best QBs ever.

You don't like my approach to trying to talk Football and get folks back to talking Football instead of whining and complaining? I really don't care. Right now I've got the time and ability to do it and it makes me happy.

Nothing seems to make you happy except bitching about **** you can't do anything about 24/7.

You know where this stuff comes from Bill?

My heart.

I love this Team and hated seeing what this Board had become after we lost to phlorida in 2008. I've decided to try taking the high road. You might give it a try.

Curly Bill
1/18/2012, 01:34 PM
Take the high road? Naw...what you call the high road, I call the ostrich burying his head in the sand road.

...but thanks for the advice, you've been such a model poster & all, you know...on the high road. :)

Now....to go make a list of all the people I've run off cause of my poor attitude.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 01:50 PM
Take the high road? Naw...what you call the high road, I call the ostrich burying his head in the sand road.

...but thanks for the advice, you've been such a model poster & all, you know...on the high road. :)

Now....to go make a list of all the people I've run off cause of my poor attitude.I didn't say it was you that ran them off......just the general attitude and being an all around poor loser.

Good luck with that.

Curly Bill
1/18/2012, 01:54 PM
I didn't say it was you that ran them off......just the general attitude and being an all around poor loser.

Good luck with that.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you, well...a loser. I don't like losing or the attitude that seems to say it's OK. In the overall scheme of things losing football games doesn't matter much at all, but since my primary role here is to be a Sooner fan, though not in the manner you might wish, I'm gonna raise hell when I think there are things that are wrong. Thankfully Bob seems to have finally recognized it himself - witness the effective demotion of Brent Venables.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 01:56 PM
Hey Bill....

You don't like this thread....

Don't post in it. You've already gotten a few closed now with your dribble.

I'd appreciate it.

Curly Bill
1/18/2012, 01:59 PM
I like this thread fine. This is fun. I know you picture yourself as "superfan" but it must get exhausting. Relax and enjoy.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 01:59 PM
but since my primary role here is to be a Sooner fan, though not in the manner you might wish, I'm gonna raise hell when I think there are things that are wrong. Thankfully Bob seems to have finally recognized it himself - witness the effective demotion of Brent Venables.

So go and start your Brent Venables is being demoted Thread so I can bring it up later should it turn out he's still calling the Defense this year. Bring something to the table besides attacking me.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 02:04 PM
I like this thread fine. This is fun. I know you picture yourself as "superfan" but it must get exhausting. Relax and enjoy.

No I don't picture myself as a SuperFan but evidently you do.

I'm no more a Super Fan than Dean is King of the OU Tailgates or Phil is the King of OU Message Boards.

It's a free Board to discuss Football. You continue to discuss our difference in opinion and really seem obsessed with some sort of outwitting me about it. I really don't go around looking for your posts so I can make a snide comment. That function was removed from my profile some time ago. So...I adapt as a Poster. I actually spend my time talking Football. Give it a try. The South Oval is a great place for humor.

Curly Bill
1/18/2012, 02:08 PM
So go and start your Brent Venables is being demoted Thread so I can bring it up later should it turn out he's still calling the Defense this year. Bring something to the table besides attacking me.

He's already been demoted, it's a done deal! He went from being DC to Co-DC. He's effectively been told by Bob: you didn't do your job well enough, so I have to get you some help. In the coaching ranks that IS a demotion!

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 02:13 PM
He's already been demoted, it's a done deal! He went from being DC to Co-DC. He's effectively been told by Bob: you didn't do your job well enough, so I have to get you some help. In the coaching ranks that IS a demotion!

I see Mike took Willie's Position. I still see Brent listed as Assoc. Head Coach....not Mike.

Nice try. I know you get this stuff from somewhere deep down in your feelings and base it on the past when Mike was indeed in Charge....but that was 7 years ago....and Mike seems to be just fine with taking Willies old job and to try and fit in with the current Coaching Staff without making to many waves.

Should BV leave....I'm sure you'll see Mike become Assoc. Head Coach and DC.

jk the sooner fan
1/18/2012, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM-G0bkl8MQ

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 02:48 PM
It shore don't but dat's da way dhey have it listed....

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/coaching_staff.html

Curly Bill
1/18/2012, 03:34 PM
I see Mike took Willie's Position. I still see Brent listed as Assoc. Head Coach....not Mike.

Nice try. I know you get this stuff from somewhere deep down in your feelings and base it on the past when Mike was indeed in Charge....but that was 7 years ago....and Mike seems to be just fine with taking Willies old job and to try and fit in with the current Coaching Staff without making to many waves.

Should BV leave....I'm sure you'll see Mike become Assoc. Head Coach and DC.

You do understand that Associate Head Coach is just some uppity title that doesn't mean crap right? Bob is the head coach, Josh is the OC, and now Mike is the DC, sharing those responsibilites with BV. Beyond that I don't care what crapola title they give people.

SicEmBaylor
1/18/2012, 04:14 PM
BV was clearly demoted. Regardless of what his official title is, BV has been demoted. It's nothing more than a face saving gesture.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 04:16 PM
You do understand that Associate Head Coach is just some uppity title that doesn't mean crap right? Bob is the head coach, Josh is the OC, and now Mike is the DC, sharing those responsibilites with BV. Beyond that I don't care what crapola title they give people.

I'm done explaining to you that words mean stuff as you obviously aren't gonna agree with that. You keep on thinking you know what's going on SuperFan.

SicEmBaylor
1/18/2012, 04:16 PM
+1

It reminds me of when Kevin Steele was given the title "Associate Head Coach" at Florida State. NOBODY was putting that man 2nd in line to the HC job at FSU....it was a face saving gesture.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 04:23 PM
BV was clearly demoted. Regardless of what his official title is, BV has been demoted. It's nothing more than a face saving gesture.

It's just as clear that Brent might be taking these opportunities for jobs so he can make a clear path for Mike to move up instead of Mike be a subordinate. I'm sure we can all at least agree that it is a bit uncomfortable for Mike to take a backseat or he would have taken a job with Urban Meyer. Going to OU as Co-DC offered him just as good a position if not better than what Urban was offering and if Bob felt Brent was getting offers then he can't lose. Bob either gets them both but he doesn't have to be worried about not having a competent guy to run his Defense in 2012. It's a real genius move IMO. It also helps to avoid any recruits getting cold feet as he has his Bother Mike there next year no matter what. And I say that but I guess someone could suddenly make Mike an offer just as quick as Brent is getting them.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 05:43 PM

You should check with Bob and see if he needs some help updating his site. You can insert Mike's pic where you think it should go.

http://www.bobstoops.com/coaches

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 05:46 PM

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 05:47 PM

SicEmBaylor
1/18/2012, 06:21 PM
It's just as clear that Brent might be taking these opportunities for jobs so he can make a clear path for Mike to move up instead of Mike be a subordinate.
This is bizarre. I highly highly doubt that BV is entertaining job offers out of concern for Mike Stoops in a subordinate position.

Here's the deal: Stoops is going along with this public face-saving charade in order not to harm BV's job opportunities elsewhere. This is the best thing for all parties involved. It gives it the appearance of not being a demotion (which it is) which increases the chances that BV will move along thus making room for Mike Stoops as the solo DC.

It doesn't seem anymore complicated or convoluted than that.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 06:24 PM
Just heard Venables to Waco.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 06:24 PM
This is bizarre. I highly highly doubt that BV is entertaining job offers out of concern for Mike Stoops in a subordinate position.

Here's the deal: Stoops is going along with this public face-saving charade in order not to harm BV's job opportunities elsewhere. This is the best thing for all parties involved. It gives it the appearance of not being a demotion (which it is) which increases the chances that BV will move along thus making room for Mike Stoops as the solo DC.

It doesn't seem anymore complicated or convoluted than that.

So it's a conspiracy.

Funny stuff Sicem.

StoopTroup
1/18/2012, 08:25 PM
Here's some more ammo fellas.

Per Blevins....

How u think Mike Stoops feels? RIGHT NOW he doesn't know if pal BVen will be w/him nxt year. Lose terrific co-coord & get blame 4 the change

http://twitter.com/#!/DeanBlevins

Doesn't sound like a guy who thinks Mike is just fine taking over the reigns.

I'm sure you all are right thought and Mike is sitting around waiting for Brent to just clear out or sit in the Back Seat Bob threw him in.