PDA

View Full Version : An end-of-the-season feel gooder for Sooners . . . sorta

Jacie
1/12/2012, 01:06 PM
Contrary to some opines, Oklahoma as the preseason #1 was not the biggest disappointment (i.e. did not finish where predicted). The Sooners, without two guys who accounted for approximately 50% of the yards gained by the offense, are still a legit Top 15 team.

For teams that underachieved look to preseason . . .

#8 Florida State

and

#10 Texas A&M

The complete 2011 Final Rankings can be seen on this link.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AvT2Y0jy9yXxNVF7dmPvECAcvrYF?slug=mh-huguenin_college_football_120_rankings_011112

Curly Bill
1/12/2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah, but I don't care about those teams! :)

Mississippi Sooner
1/12/2012, 01:20 PM
Hmmm. Kevin Wilson's new team's only win came against an FCS team. Fire Kevin Wilson!!!

SoonerNomad
1/12/2012, 01:54 PM
My disappointment was diminished after actually seeing them play a few games. I did not think the defense was sound enough to make it through the Big 12 offensive gauntlet and that turned out to be accurate. That defense was never good enough to be part of a #1 ranking. The offense was good enough until Broyles was lost, but the defense never was.

TUSooner
1/12/2012, 01:58 PM
Shoot. Les Miles getting exposed as a genuine dope by Alabama was acceptable consolation for me this year.

stoopified
1/12/2012, 02:48 PM
Hmmm. Kevin Wilson's new team's only win came against an FCS team. Fire Kevin Wilson!!!I thought the fact that the Sooner O struggled in the game against osu was grounds enough for Wilson to be fired at IU.

Personally I will NEVER understand why Wilson took THAT job,surely he had better options.