PDA

View Full Version : Targets, per The Oklahoman

picasso
1/11/2012, 09:07 PM
http://newsok.com/sooners-still-targeting-dorial-green-beckham/article/3639242

soonerboy_odanorth
1/12/2012, 12:38 AM
Anybody besides me concerned that it doesn't look like we are going to get a DT in this class? For you more local guys any street talk that Marquis Anderson and Jordan Phillips considered pretty sure bets? How about Damon Williams? News on Jordan Wade's status? 'Cause after next year when Walker, McGee, and McFarland leave... that's all we have. And that seems real thin to me.

Thoughts?

IronHorseSooner
1/14/2012, 11:23 AM
They have 18 commits, and will sign, likely, about 25. My breakdown:

QB: Set and will have 5 scholly guys.
RB: Between Rb and FB, there will be 7 guys (Whaley, Finch, Clay, Dan. Williams, Ross, Millard, and Musil) with Ripkowski. I say they need to get one more just to be safe.
WR: They have 8 to 9 guys (Stills, Franks, Reynolds, Jackson, Woods, Shepard, Neal, Metoyer), and possibly Brooks (he could be a CB). The fact that they are still going after some high-profile guys means that we probably land one more of them (likely DGB or Agholor).
TE: We need another one, as we have just 3 guys coming in. I bet we seal the deal with Mitchell and have a 4th.
OL: You can never have enough good OL, but there are 15 guys here or committed. We are after the big kid from Washington, but he is not necessarily a necessity.
DE: Two in the class (Nelson and Tapper), and that will make 7 overall. I think they still need one more guy.
DT: Really need one, so the 5-star kid they are after is essential. They have six DTs in the fold, but one more would make things a good bit better.
LB: No real needs here.
CB: Everett really helps them out here, but one more would be nice. Again, Brooks could end up here, and, if so, means that they may get 2 WRs versus just one more.
S: Really need another guy here. Whereas Jefferson and Colvin are good, Harris is a SR who is inconsistent, and Hayes has almost no playing time. Striker is an interesting prospect, but I think that they need one more.

Overall, if I was a coach I would get 1 RB, 1 TE, 2 WRs (move Brooks to CB), 1 DT, 1 DE, and a Safety. If you get another OL, they may contemplate moving an OL to DT for depth.

Scott D
1/14/2012, 11:35 AM
Ross could end up at DB, but they're giving him a shot at RB first.

northspeter
1/14/2012, 02:31 PM
alex ross is a rb... the only other position hes played was de and that was last season before he moved to rb...

Scott D
1/14/2012, 09:18 PM
I'm not debating that he's a running back. However, during the recruiting process there was word put out there by somebody that OU planned on moving him to LB or DB I don't remember which. So his family called Coach Stoops who said that Ross would get his chance to be a RB.

champions77
1/25/2012, 03:43 PM
Anybody besides me concerned that it doesn't look like we are going to get a DT in this class? For you more local guys any street talk that Marquis Anderson and Jordan Phillips considered pretty sure bets? How about Damon Williams? News on Jordan Wade's status? 'Cause after next year when Walker, McGee, and McFarland leave... that's all we have. And that seems real thin to me.

Thoughts?

Finding great DT's is the toughest position to recruit to, and yes, losing three seniors after the 2012 season does make one concerned. We need to spend more time down south looking for them, because that is the area that SEC teams excel. Most of the SEC teams have good/great defensive tackles.

BillyBall
1/25/2012, 03:50 PM
WR: They have 8 to 9 guys (Stills, Franks, Reynolds, Jackson, Woods, Shepard, Neal, Metoyer), and possibly Brooks (he could be a CB). The fact that they are still going after some high-profile guys means that we probably land one more of them (likely DGB or Agholor).

We have ZERO chance at DGB...

Boomer.....
1/25/2012, 05:58 PM
We have ZERO chance at DGB...

I wouldn't say zero. It's slim, but Stoops did have an in-home visit two days ago that ran over. Plus Patrino had to cancel his because of a possible NCAA violation. He "ran into him" somewhere which is against the rules.

8timechamps
1/25/2012, 07:29 PM
Looks like we aren't going to get a DT in this class (which is disappointing). Doesn't look good for DGB, as it appears he's down to Mizzou or Arkansas. Given that we've already got a great class of WR, I'm not too worried about that. Defensively, we haven't had a very good year. I'm hoping that after a year under "new management", the defense will look better and attract some better defensive players next year.

northspeter
1/25/2012, 08:34 PM
also, no beaver, no brice and no blake... looks like we may get sanchez and simon... will have to wait till next week though...

8timechamps
1/25/2012, 09:44 PM
also, no beaver, no brice and no blake... looks like we may get sanchez and simon... will have to wait till next week though...

I think we're still in good shape with Blake, but Beaver is a long shot at best.

Sabanball
1/28/2012, 06:21 PM
A month ago, I would have said DGB goes to Norman, but theres seems to have been a huge momentum change pushing him to Arkansas. Based on everything Im hearing and reading, he's now a hog.

Have you guys recruited Eddie Goldman at all?

setem
1/28/2012, 07:48 PM
tonyjefferson1 Tony Jefferson
We gotta committ. And im not telling ha ha ha :)

??? I MUST KNOW!

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2012, 09:18 PM
??? I MUST KNOW!

Most likely Zach Sanchez since Tony Jefferson was Sanchez's host.

But I wouldn't be surprised if OU gets 3 commits this weekend....

Latu, Williams, and Sanchez.

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2012, 09:21 PM
Gardner would be nice too...just to tick the piggies off!

Eielson
1/28/2012, 09:21 PM
AHH! You switched up the quote on me! It is not Sanchez, though.

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2012, 09:22 PM
A month ago, I would have said DGB goes to Norman, but theres seems to have been a huge momentum change pushing him to Arkansas. Based on everything Im hearing and reading, he's now a hog.

Have you guys recruited Eddie Goldman at all?

Not exactly sure what you have been reading...he was treated like a King today by Missouri...I wouldnt at all be surprised if he does land in Arkansas since they are willing to pay top $ for him...poor missouri, they will learn it eventually.

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2012, 09:22 PM
AHH! You switched up the quote on me! It is not Sanchez, though.

You know this how?

Eielson
1/28/2012, 09:24 PM
You know this how?

It's so much cooler if I don't tell you.

Eielson
1/28/2012, 09:26 PM
...but I'll go ahead and admit it. I stalked Tony's twitter.

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2012, 09:26 PM
It's so much cooler if I don't tell you.

You can do as you wish....but if you are going to say you know something and not say it, then you are an ***!

:frown:

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2012, 09:31 PM
Ha!!!!

Its Gardner, the Arkansas Commit...did he really flip Gardner?

If so, this likely means DGB will be a piggy settling for 3rd place in the SEC west!

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2012, 09:32 PM
@tonyjefferson1 (https://twitter.com/#%21/tonyjefferson1) Tony Jefferson
Courtney Gardner = Sammy Watkins

Eielson
1/28/2012, 09:36 PM
@tonyjefferson1 (https://twitter.com/#%21/tonyjefferson1) Tony Jefferson
Courtney Gardner = Sammy Watkins

How have we gotten so many talented WR's?

boomersooner28
1/29/2012, 09:06 AM
I'm not gonna lie...you all have confused the he11 outta me on whats going on here. If you would like to elaborate, I would appreciate it.

TIA

picasso
1/29/2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20120129_92_B8_CUTLIN646483

setem
1/29/2012, 03:09 PM
Will Latu is a Sooner! (http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2012/1/29/2756631/will-latu-commits-oklahoma-sooners)

dwarthog
1/29/2012, 04:00 PM
Looks like a nice one, if they can get him qualified.

OU_Sooners75
1/29/2012, 04:58 PM
Tony Jefferson tweet:
"@SoonerScoop there will be more committs from this week :) leave you with that"

Scott D
1/29/2012, 07:00 PM
Tony Jefferson tweet:
"@SoonerScoop there will be more committs from this week :) leave you with that"

one would hope as it's NSD in two days. ;)

8timechamps
1/29/2012, 07:04 PM
one would hope as it's NSD in two days. ;)

That's the first thing I was thinking lol. Although, I know TJ was probably talking about someone specific.