PDA

View Full Version : "I'd give my left nut..."

ouwasp
1/11/2012, 07:05 PM
We've all heard and/or used that odd quote. Right now it's a fact for me though. For the last couple of months Lefty has been irritated something fierce. Went to a urologist today, he diagnosed "Epididymitis" (try saying that one fast). Now another round of antibiotics, different from the one my GP prescribed. <sigh> Soon Lefty will have to undergo an ultrasound...

The doc described epididymitis as "a darn nuisance"...and it sure is. Anybody else ever have to deal with this condition?

yermom
1/11/2012, 07:07 PM
no, but i'm going to hug my left nut a little harder tonight when i go to bed

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2012, 07:08 PM
My left nut is something of a bastard and would not mind seeing him go.

Lott's Bandana
1/11/2012, 07:35 PM
Had it often in the Navy. I actually have scar tissue from it and that really sucks when I sit just so.

Supposedly it's from doing it regularly, then all of a sudden, not.

I seriously was told by my doctor to "take measures into my own hands", once the infection was gone. Kind of difficult on a submarine.

cccasooner2
1/11/2012, 08:10 PM
So epididymitis is different from "blue balls" I take it.

Jacie
1/11/2012, 08:34 PM
Had it often in the Navy. I actually have scar tissue from it and that really sucks when I sit just so.

I seriously was told by my doctor to "take measures into my own hands", once the infection was gone. Kind of difficult on a submarine.

Should have had the doctor write you a note . . .

Peach Fuzz
1/11/2012, 08:56 PM
you mean masturbating.. dont lie

cleller
1/11/2012, 09:22 PM
Well anytime you add "itis" on the end of something it denotes inflammation. So here we are talking about inflammation of some aspect of your reproductive organs....

Hire Mike Stoops, and it will clear up!

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2012, 09:35 PM
I have giant penisitis.

landrun
1/11/2012, 10:39 PM
We've all heard and/or used that odd quote. Right now it's a fact for me though. For the last couple of months Lefty has been irritated something fierce. Went to a urologist today, he diagnosed "Epididymitis" (try saying that one fast). Now another round of antibiotics, different from the one my GP prescribed. <sigh> Soon Lefty will have to undergo an ultrasound...

The doc described epididymitis as "a darn nuisance"...and it sure is. Anybody else ever have to deal with this condition?

I've had this.... going on 7 years now. At least I've been told it is Epididymitis and/or prostatitus depending on which doctor you see on which visit.

The very first time I went to the urologist, he said, "This can be cronic..."
He was right. My pain never goes away!

I've had ultrasounds, CT scans (I think it was). I've had a procedure done twice where they open up my penis so that my urine stream will flow better. They suspected that my bladder wasn't being emptied completely and it was causing infections. Two different urologist performed this procedure on me. (I forget the name)
I've provided multiple seman specimens for lab work etc...

I've seen four different urolgist in 3 cities over a span of 6-7 years because my pain never goes away.
It feels like someone just racked me in the nuts... but not too hard because I can endure the pain. It is just a 'discomfort' most of the time.

The last urologist said that I'm not infected but just experience pain in my nuts and lower abdomen.
He said it is like a migrain headache. No cause. No cure. Just take some asprine to help my blood flow better and sit in a warm tub of water often.

I can deal with the pain. But after taking anitbiotics so often, and having it releave the symptoms, I'm a little concerned that I do have a constant infection. I just wonder what a constant infection will do to your body.

At this point... I've just given up seeing doctors until/unless the pain gets so bad I have no choice but to go back. :(

Wishboned
1/11/2012, 10:44 PM
The doctor told me that mine was due to my vasectomy. I haven't had it in years, but when I did...ouch.

Lott's Bandana
1/12/2012, 12:06 AM
I stopped getting it after my vasectomy.

Go figure.

Still got the scar tissue though. Sometimes an overseas flight makes me limp for a few days.

It isn't fair. A man should not be aware of his balls.

picasso
1/12/2012, 12:40 AM

I gave my right one away in '04. Testicular cancer.

StoopTroup
1/12/2012, 02:14 AM
I had what the uroligist called Vas Deferinitis or something like that. I'm sure I've just gotten used to it but sometimes it reminds my that it's still there. It could even be that you just get the testicle in a bad position and it damages the Vas Deferine enough to cause me pain for a period of time.

Like Landrun and Lott said...I think you just get used to it after awhile as none of the urologists have much of an answer that doesn't involve even more pain....lol

Sorry to hear that Pic....I hope the removal keeps the Cancer gone. Since it's been 8 years now I'll assume the Doctors believe you'll be OK from now on.

yankee
1/12/2012, 02:27 AM

Got a pretty good "case" (is that what you call it?) over the Summer. Started feeling the pain in my left testicle after a 12 hour drive to Florida. Got pretty concerned for a while and got it checked out when I got back. Got some antibiotics and the pain pretty much went away. Had maybe one little flare up since then and the pain wasn't close to what it was the first time around and it went away after a couple hours.

Although now I'm thinking of this and I might have felt a little twinge in my left nut lol

Peach Fuzz
1/12/2012, 07:28 AM
I feel bad for all the vasectomen here... that word makes me cringe :miserable:

If you could do it over, would you take a different route? e.g. birth control etc etc

Mississippi Sooner
1/12/2012, 09:36 AM
I've had this.... going on 7 years now. At least I've been told it is Epididymitis and/or prostatitus depending on which doctor you see on which visit.

The very first time I went to the urologist, he said, "This can be cronic..."
He was right. My pain never goes away!

I've had ultrasounds, CT scans (I think it was). I've had a procedure done twice where they open up my penis so that my urine stream will flow better. They suspected that my bladder wasn't being emptied completely and it was causing infections. Two different urologist performed this procedure on me. (I forget the name)
I've provided multiple seman specimens for lab work etc...

I've seen four different urolgist in 3 cities over a span of 6-7 years because my pain never goes away.
It feels like someone just racked me in the nuts... but not too hard because I can endure the pain. It is just a 'discomfort' most of the time.

The last urologist said that I'm not infected but just experience pain in my nuts and lower abdomen.
He said it is like a migrain headache. No cause. No cure. Just take some asprine to help my blood flow better and sit in a warm tub of water often.

I can deal with the pain. But after taking anitbiotics so often, and having it releave the symptoms, I'm a little concerned that I do have a constant infection. I just wonder what a constant infection will do to your body.

At this point... I've just given up seeing doctors until/unless the pain gets so bad I have no choice but to go back. :(

I quit reading after "they open up my penis."

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 09:38 AM

If you could do it over, would you take a different route? e.g. birth control etc etc
Hell NO, If i could do it over I'd have it done when I was 13. I hate Kids

Breadburner
1/12/2012, 09:44 AM
I have had a nut ultra sound....No pain just weird......

Ton Loc
1/12/2012, 09:48 AM
Hell NO, If i could do it over I'd have it done when I was 13. I hate Kids

+1 on the Hell No, because I already have two kids and that's all anyone should be allowed to have. Besides, the whole process is more ackward than anything else.

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 09:53 AM
+1 on the Hell No, because I already have two kids and that's all anyone should be allowed to have. Besides, the whole process is more ackward than anything else.
I did kinda ENJOY the 3 HOT nurses doing all the shaving and stuff.

KantoSooner
1/12/2012, 10:32 AM
Get a Thai doctor.

I had this condition once, went to a doctor in Chiang Mai and he looked me straight in the eye and said, "Mr. Kanto, you need to have sex more often. I would think you could find it here in Chiang Mai, but if you are at a loss, please ask and I'll give you a reference." And then he offered to sign and stamp any receipts involved so I COULD SUBMIT THEM ON MY INSURANCE.
Thailand is the greatest country in the whole wide world. (Though I sincerely doubt that Bluecross would have approved such therapy; it was the thought that counted.)

Lott's Bandana
1/12/2012, 12:35 PM

One of the best decisions I ever made.

The Navy did all their vasectomies on Friday, so the Sailors could go back to work on Monday. I was waiting in a room of about 100 people, 50 "candidates"/50 wives. Guess who got to go first?

When I came out after the procedure, you could hear a pin drop with all the anxious faces trying to read my reaction.

The nurse said to bring back a sample in 30 days in a medicine bottle. I said, "Hell no...if it didn't work, I'm not doing it again."

NTXSooner13
1/12/2012, 01:44 PM
It is typically caused by Chlamydia trachomatis. What have you been doing?

Pricetag
1/12/2012, 01:48 PM

Another vote for "wouldn't change a thing" here. My wife shouldered the burden of our family planning for over 15 years. A few days' discomfort was the least I could do.

Mississippi Sooner
1/12/2012, 01:53 PM

The first time I had a blood clot in my lung, in amongst all the other tests they were doing on me, they had me strip off and lie on a table. This cute young gal came in and asked if I'd ever had an ultrasound. I told her no, and she explained that it was necessary in order to make sure there were no other clots waiting to break loose in my legs. Then, starting at my ankles, she put that warm jelly stuff on me and started working her way up.

I couldn't help but thinking, "damn, if I wasn't in extreme pain and possible on the verge of death, this would probably be really exciting."

stoopified
1/12/2012, 03:04 PM

The doc described epididymitis as "a darn nuisance"...and it sure is. Anybody else ever have to deal with this condition? Yes, afew years ago.I thought my boys had turned to stone.

picasso
1/12/2012, 03:06 PM
They shaved the palms of your hands?

picasso
1/12/2012, 03:08 PM

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 04:33 PM
:very_drunk:

Oldnslo
1/12/2012, 08:57 PM
Had it. Unrelated to my vasectomy. Took ibuprofen. The end.

8timechamps
1/12/2012, 09:09 PM
Add me to the list of "I've had it", but I still "have it". Saw two different urologists when it first started (about 15 years ago). At that time, I was more "active" than I had been, and I thought that was the cause. I can't remember the exact diagnosis, but it sounds the same. It flares up once in while, and I hit the Advil. Just something we have to live with I suppose. Another reason why having balls can suck sometimes.

ouwasp
1/12/2012, 10:04 PM
Well, two days into the course of the new antibiotics and the pain has lessened some. Be nice to return to the days of not being aware of Lefty most of the time.

tonight I'm enjoying reading several of these response aloud to my wife (of 23 yrs)... she asks..."Gosh, do guys just think about sex all the time?" I told her the posters here on SF do seem to work it into many subjects...

I had the Big V a few yrs ago. That uro was a UT grad. I made a point of not wearing a Sooner shirt during the appts... after all, that guy was gonna have me in a very vulnerable position! It is kinda weird having them prescribe masturbation.

Having the ultrasound on Lefty promises to be a strange experience... I'll let you know how that goes!

nighttrain12
1/12/2012, 10:13 PM
... to win 7 straight Tour De France's?

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 10:17 PM
Well, two days into the course of the new antibiotics and the pain has lessened some. Be nice to return to the days of not being aware of Lefty most of the time.

tonight I'm enjoying reading several of these response aloud to my wife (of 23 yrs)... she asks..."Gosh, do guys just think about sex all the time?" I told her the posters here on SF do seem to work it into many subjects...

I had the Big V a few yrs ago. That uro was a UT grad. I made a point of not wearing a Sooner shirt during the appts... after all, that guy was gonna have me in a very vulnerable position! It is kinda weird having them prescribe masturbation.

Having the ultrasound on Lefty promises to be a strange experience... I'll let you know how that goes!

Tell her NO sometimes we think about Drankin AND sex

... to win 7 straight Tour De France's?

You just aint right boy

Salt City Sooner
1/12/2012, 11:14 PM
Had that stuff back in '95 & I will never, EVER forget it. Went to work one night w/ not one trace of pain & by lunchtime I was doubled over & barely able to walk to my car. The condensed version: think vise grip, 24/7, for 3 solid weeks. Easily the worst pain I've ever had & this is coming from a guy who got his leg lopped off this past year if that tells you anything.

picasso
1/12/2012, 11:23 PM
Having that cold gel put on my package and having two male docs look at my stuff on the sonogram was a pleasurable experience.

olevetonahill
1/13/2012, 01:33 AM
Having that cold gel put on my package and having two male docs look at my stuff on the sonogram was a pleasurable experience.
So much so that YOU shaved yer own Palms ?

Chuck Bao
1/13/2012, 03:52 AM
Get a Thai doctor.

I had this condition once, went to a doctor in Chiang Mai and he looked me straight in the eye and said, "Mr. Kanto, you need to have sex more often. I would think you could find it here in Chiang Mai, but if you are at a loss, please ask and I'll give you a reference." And then he offered to sign and stamp any receipts involved so I COULD SUBMIT THEM ON MY INSURANCE.
Thailand is the greatest country in the whole wide world. (Though I sincerely doubt that Bluecross would have approved such therapy; it was the thought that counted.)

^^^True, this. If I had to have some medical procedure or stay in the hospital, I would most definitely choose Thailand. The only draw back is that my Thai doctors won't give out pain killers like US doctors do.

Peach Fuzz
1/13/2012, 08:16 AM
I thought you old guys were tough, as in put a zip-tie around it if you didn't want kids - tough.

picasso
1/13/2012, 08:58 AM
So much so that YOU shaved yer own Palms ?
I personally found out that was just a myth.

Lott's Bandana
1/13/2012, 12:34 PM
I had an ultrasound to have a cyst looked at that was caused by this malady.

The tech was an attractive 30 year-old woman who warmed the gel and the little thingy first. When she was through, I asked her to please double check everything again. She sort of giggled and gave me another look.

Made the pain go away for a moment there.

StoopTroup
1/13/2012, 02:23 PM
It is typically caused by Chlamydia trachomatis. What have you been doing?

Masturbating. Pay Attention and quit touching yourself or you'll go blind too.

Chlamydia trachomatis is the single most important infectious agent associated with blindness

OUmillenium
1/16/2012, 01:41 AM
Although I hate leftists, I will support my left nut as long as It stays healthy.