PDA

View Full Version : Honey Badger and other things

budbarrybob
1/11/2012, 06:34 PM
Ok, Mathieu is an awesome player. However, I was about to shut off the TV after Brent M. kept on and on and on calling him the damn Honey Badger!!! FRACK!!! ENOUGH!!! BM your NOT COOL when you call him Honey Badger!!!

OK, other than OU not being in the game. What other things stood out for you (in a bad way) for the game?

8timechamps
1/11/2012, 06:39 PM
Jordan Jefferson played the QB position just about as bad as I've seen it played ever in a national title game.

Oh, and the dislocated leg was pretty memorable (in a bad way).

dwarthog
1/11/2012, 06:40 PM
It was my impression that the Bama coaches decided the Honey Badger was going to be their b*tch for the whole game the way they kept throwing in his direction.

Maybe they didn't get the memo on his hype.

ashley
1/11/2012, 08:34 PM
The LSU QB's play was primarily the fault of Alabama.

Jacie
1/11/2012, 08:37 PM
Well, I think Bama would have benefitted greatly from having Blake Bell play for them . . .

Caboose
1/11/2012, 08:59 PM
Ok, Mathieu is an awesome player. However, I was about to shut off the TV after Brent M. kept on and on and on calling him the damn Honey Badger!!! FRACK!!! ENOUGH!!! BM your NOT COOL when you call him Honey Badger!!!

OK, other than OU not being in the game. What other things stood out for you (in a bad way) for the game?

For a guy who made no impact on the game and made zero plays the entire game, Honey Badger sure got his name called on TV a lot. I think Brent just liked to say Honey Badger. Honey Badger.

the-rover
1/11/2012, 09:42 PM
Musberger's a dork

SoonerDood
1/11/2012, 09:48 PM
Musberger definitely had the over.

hawaii 5-0
1/11/2012, 09:48 PM
The LSU QB's play was primarily the fault of Alabama.

George Jefferson's eyes just kept getting bigger and bigger as the game wore on.

As far as Mushburger.........I hated it when he referred to his analyst as 'Herbsey' .

5-0

Ground_Attack
1/11/2012, 10:03 PM
maybe Musburger forgot he was old and NOT hip.

Soonerjeepman
1/11/2012, 10:05 PM
THIS is the true Honey Badger....NSFW...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

BigTip
1/11/2012, 10:30 PM
What I thought was lame was when the game was pretty much decided because 'bama was so far ahead and the announcers started to play up the, "There has never been a shut out in a BCS bowl game" b.s. As if that is going to keep people watching. Why don't they just say, "Please don't turn this boring game off because we need the ratings.

LASooner
1/11/2012, 10:41 PM
Anyone playing the Brent Musberger drinking game was probably killed by rule #11 in the first quarter

yankee
1/12/2012, 02:21 AM
Mathieu is/was probably the 3rd best cover corner on the field for LSU on Monday. Overrated from that perspective. Great against the run, making big-time plays, and on special teams though.

Peach Fuzz
1/12/2012, 07:11 AM
Yeah, he's definitely been on the good side of luck this year. Lucky in every part of his game. Sure, he's probably pretty good, but IMO I just think he's gotten more gifts than most.

wishbonesooner
1/12/2012, 07:33 AM
I read a post somewhere asking how you make honey badger cookies? You put him in a bowl and beat on him for 3 hours!

Jacie
1/12/2012, 10:27 AM
THIS is the true Honey Badger....NSFW...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

The narrator of the vid was queer as a three dollar bill.

"That was just cuh-razee!"

"Ooh, what's that in his mouth?"

"The honey badger runs backwards!"

"The honey badger doesn't give a sh*t!" (Said this multiple times)

"OMG, watch it dig!"

"Oh, that's nasty." (Said this one more than once)

SoonerAtKU
1/12/2012, 10:50 AM
Um, yes. That was the point of the video.

You should look up his Zoobooks one.

Also, the way you neutralize a playmaker like that is to go right at him. You want that guy to be the focus of the attack because his skills are most useful when cleaning up after a play or when he makes the second hit on a tackle and can strip a ball. By going right at him, you take away his speed and his ability to pin his ears back and attack the play.

delhalew
1/12/2012, 12:34 PM
The HB is short. Send out a tall receiver, and put the ball three feet over his head. Math.

Sooner91ATL
1/12/2012, 01:07 PM
My wife, who was not watching the game, was running around the house during the MNC game with the kids and would pop in and out of the room where I was watching. at one point she asks," is honey badger that guy's real name? I wish that announcer would stop saying that it is annoying the hell out of me." This from someone paying zero attention to the game. Yes, it was very annoying.

If Brent would do it in the same voice as the guy on youtube, that would be much more entertaining and tolerable.

Dale Ellis
1/12/2012, 01:25 PM
maybe Musburger forgot he was old and NOT hip.

I'm 52 and I'm hip as hell.

Soonerfan85
1/12/2012, 04:10 PM
You know a game has gotten out of hand when the network guys are making up crap to keep viewers tuned in. It was pretty obvious to everyone by the 3rd qtr that LSU wasn't going to engineer a miraculous comeback, so the lame tv guys start commenting on how the Tiger defense was hitting so hard and knocking the ball loose from Bama receivers when in reality the Bama receivers simply didn't catch the ball. Worst example was when the ball went through a Bama receiver's hands and the LSU defenser dove over the top of the receiver not even making contact. During the replay the tv guy says what a great play the LSU defender made knocking the ball loose. Same thing to a lesser degree on the play where the Bama receiver had a chance to catch the ball on the goal line but never secured the ball before he hit the ground. At least on that play an LSU defender actually touched the Bama receiver, though it had nothing to do with him dropping the ball. Do these tv guys not realize we're actually watching the replay and can see they don't know what the heck they're talking about? I could see saying crap like that if they were doing radio, but this is tv.

Scott D
1/12/2012, 04:39 PM
Monday night his nickname should have been Honey Butter, because Hanks was burning that toast all night long.

DCsooner22
1/12/2012, 05:06 PM
The narrator of the vid was queer as a three dollar bill.

"That was just cuh-razee!"

"Ooh, what's that in his mouth?"

"The honey badger runs backwards!"

"The honey badger doesn't give a sh*t!" (Said this multiple times)

"OMG, watch it dig!"

"Oh, that's nasty." (Said this one more than once)

Yes, that's why it's funny as hell - he's not a REAL narrator - and it took the country by storm.

If anyone is curious, there is a real narrator for that exact same video about the honey badger - ya know... where the narrator correctly identifies the species of birds and snakes:

http://youtu.be/c81bcjyfn6U

I was also getting sick and tired of hearing Musberger say "honey badger" and then try to make funny quotes from the narration. Musberger... tisk, tisk... leave that to Randall....

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/12/2012, 05:21 PM
http://deadspin.com/5874677/chronicling-brent-musburgers-honey-badger-obsession-a-video-compilation

budbarrybob
1/12/2012, 06:37 PM
My wife, who was not watching the game, was running around the house during the MNC game with the kids and would pop in and out of the room where I was watching. at one point she asks," is honey badger that guy's real name? I wish that announcer would stop saying that it is annoying the hell out of me." This from someone paying zero attention to the game. Yes, it was very annoying.

eggsactly!