PDA

View Full Version : Here we go. 3 of 4 doctors recommend Accapulco Gold

cccasooner2
1/10/2012, 06:41 PM
http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/10/10098412-smoking-pot-doesnt-hurt-lung-capacity-study-shows

My only exposure to the stuff was 2nd hand at a Linda Ronstadt concert in the mid-70s. My younger brother mellowed out on the stuff (or something better) following his vacation in Vietnam 69-71'. From what I gather there is a lot of data to be gathered from the SoonerFans for the database. So, go at it.

olevetonahill
1/10/2012, 06:55 PM
I dont know nuthin about it and thats MY story

8timechamps
1/10/2012, 08:20 PM
I don't partake, but my primary care physician is on the state (of Colorado) board that oversees medicinal marijuana. Last time I was in, I brought up the topic with him (which ended up being kind of a mistake, because he talked for almost 45 minutes, and I'm sure it cause others to wait a long time for their appointment). He sold me on the medical aspect. While I have no need for it now, should I ever have a need, I wouldn't hesitate using it.

The black eye it gets (at least here in Colorado) is that the majority of the folks that use it (and the ones that can be seen coming in and out of the "dispensary's") don't look like they have any medical need for the stuff. Then again, who can tell from just looking at someone?

Jacie
1/10/2012, 09:20 PM
Why is medicine only for sick people? I mean, if it makes you feel alright when you are ailing, how much better can it make you feel if you aren't in pain?

Hey, that Linda Rondstadt concert, did Wendy Waldman do a song and the lead guitar player, Danny Sheridan I think, also showcased?

cccasooner2
1/10/2012, 10:20 PM
Why is medicine only for sick people? I mean, if it makes you feel alright when you are ailing, how much better can it make you feel if you aren't in pain?

Hey, that Linda Rondstadt concert, did Wendy Waldman do a song and the lead guitar player, Danny Sheridan I think, also showcased?

Don't know, I was too stoned, 2nd hand of course.

StoopTroup
1/10/2012, 10:38 PM
Stoned Ponies....lol

cccasooner2
1/10/2012, 10:57 PM
Stoned Ponies....lol

:D

KantoSooner
1/11/2012, 02:28 PM
The article was pretty nuanced. It just found that people who smoked a couple of times a month had little or no detriment in lung function.
What a surprise!
Hell, doing smack once a month probably wouldn't slow down an otherwise healthy person that much.
They specifically left open the possibility that heavy use might cause health issues.
I'm a big proponent of legalizing pot, but in the words of Richard Pryor, "Nobody ever said that **** was good for you."
It's just that government shouldn't be playing nursemaid.

8timechamps
1/11/2012, 03:28 PM

I'm sure Oxycontin would make you feel great if you weren't ailing, but it's not a good idea to start using that because of that reason.

pphilfran
1/11/2012, 04:11 PM
Gold was overrated...

In the 70's a buddy of mine shipped me a puzzle box that was filled with Thai stick...that chit was great!

49r
1/11/2012, 04:36 PM

Fallacy of composition.

If using a drug helps you feel more like "normal" when you're sick that's one thing. But if your "normal" includes how you feel while using the drug while you aren't sick, then you will have lost the benefit for when you are sick. In other words, you need to feel just okay when you aren't sick, so that when you are sick and feel like chit, you can use the drug to get you back to just okay.

KantoSooner
1/11/2012, 04:58 PM
Gold was overrated...

In the 70's a buddy of mine shipped me a puzzle box that was filled with Thai stick...that chit was great!

Funny. the US military bases were the best sources during the '70's. They must have been flying C5 loads of that shiite out of Vietnam. By the time I got back to the US and some people offered me some Mex product here my freshman year it was, "And you smoke this why? To get high? Really?"

cccasooner2
1/11/2012, 06:25 PM
Funny. the US military bases were the best sources during the '70's. They must have been flying C5 loads of that shiite out of Vietnam. By the time I got back to the US and some people offered me some Mex product here my freshman year it was, "And you smoke this why? To get high? Really?"

My brother had a three year stash he mailed back from Nam. His younger bros were to tell mom it was pipe tobacco and hide it away for his return. Years later mom said to one of them "that wasn't pipe tobacco, was it." (no question mark was deliberate.} :D