PDA

View Full Version : 10 Stubborn Body Myths that Just Won't Die

Ton Loc
1/10/2012, 01:38 PM
From Lifehacker.com

Myth #1: Body hair grows back thicker when you shave it.
Myth #2: Calorie counting is all the matters for weight management.
Myth #3: You need 8 hours of sleep per day.
Myth #4: Reading in dim light ruins your eyes.
Myth #5: Urinating on a Jellyfish sting will sooth the pain.
Myth #6: Your slow metabolism makes you fate
Myth #7: You’ll catch a cold from cold (and wet) weather conditions
Myth #8: More heat escapes through your head
Myth #9: High cholesterol causes heart disease
Myth #10: Its dangerous to wake a sleepwalker

Read the rest HERE. (lifehacker.com/5873922/10-stubborn-body-myths-that-just-wont-die-debunked-by-science)

A bunch of these most of us already knew, but I always thought #9 was true. Plus, you're telling me I can't pee on my friends leg next time he gets stung by a jellyfish? Nah, I'm doing it anyway. Odds are he doesn't know.

Viking Kitten
1/10/2012, 02:34 PM
Maybe your friend assumes it's YOU who doesn't know about the jellyfish thing. Maybe you two should just admit your feelings and let the consequences be damned.

Ton Loc
1/10/2012, 02:50 PM
I'm just saying, there aren't a lot of times you can pee on some one and be called a hero at the same time...

A friend would pee on you if you were on fire.
I assume that's true because there is a saying about what you wouldn't do if someone who wasn't your friend was on fire...

OULenexaman
1/10/2012, 03:00 PM
so you and a freind are into the GS thing.....gotcha.

Curly Bill
1/10/2012, 03:22 PM
Remember once at the lake my uncle set down by a clump of grass, next thing ya know he's cussing our rat terrier for heisting his leg on said clump of grass and taking care of bizness! Oh man, good times!

Ton Loc
1/10/2012, 04:18 PM
Maybe your friend assumes it's YOU who doesn't know about the jellyfish thing. Maybe you two should just admit your feelings and let the consequences be damned.

so you and a freind are into the GS thing.....gotcha.

Loosen up fellas...This is nothing more than an attempt to add some humor to the SO that is currently being crippled by copycat threads and boring questions.

Howzit
1/10/2012, 05:23 PM

Not to mention your eternal souls.

Viking Kitten
1/10/2012, 06:09 PM
Loosen up fellas...This is nothing more than an attempt to add some humor to the SO that is currently being crippled by copycat threads and boring questions.

My friend, we get that. There's a reason we all seized on GS and not on your informative diet and exercise pointers. Because, you know, it's not everyday we get a good GS thread on the South Oval. Even when Howzit posts, which is surprising.

Ton Loc
1/10/2012, 06:31 PM
My friend, we get that. There's a reason we all seized on GS and not on your informative diet and exercise pointers. Because, you know, it's not everyday we get a good GS thread on the South Oval. Even when Howzit posts, which is surprising.

I know....
Damn, I'm sensitive today.

olevetonahill
1/10/2012, 06:42 PM
And just what the hell is wrong with Copy cats ?

cccasooner2
1/10/2012, 06:48 PM

Actually, because of Victorian attitudes in medicine, the actual cure for a jellyfish sting was to ejaculate on the wound. So, the next time you see me humping someone's leg, please, let me finish.

Viking Kitten
1/10/2012, 08:02 PM
You're a giver.