PDA

View Full Version : Erin Andrews backed the wrong horse

Jacie
1/10/2012, 11:11 AM
Why?

Before the game, EA had two interviews with Les Miles. During the first half, I spotted her twice in sideline shots of Les standing about as close as she could get, in the second row of people behind the ones closest to the field and a couple of people over. Clearly, she was positioning herself to be right there with him when the gatorade shower and confetti rain came down.

Nick Saban's sideline shadow was a guy I was unfamiliar with but he was the one who got to do the postgame interview with Saban. Following this, Erin got some air time with one of the bama players.

The pregame hype was all about the LSU offense and the many ways it was going to move at will versus the tide defense. It was obvious ESPN thought the tigers were a shoo-in for the win. Since it was two SEC teams playing why was the coverage slanted towards either of them? It was a no-lose situation for ESPN, yet they chose to go all LSU during the pregame and even halftime reporting. Did you note the fellow in the LSU-yellow tie who used the pronoun "we" when commenting about the tiger offense at the Gameday table during the half? I just don't understand what in ESPN's eys LSU had over Alabama unless Lee Corso has a lot more influence over editorial content than any of us imagined.

LVSOONER15
1/10/2012, 11:24 AM
espn just plain sucks. I also hate how they quite the crowd noise when watching a game.

Curly Bill
1/10/2012, 11:25 AM
espn just plain sucks. I also hate how they quite the crowd noise when watching a game.

I'm kinda the opposite. I hate games where I can hardly hear or understand the broadcasters because of the crowd noise.

sooneredaco
1/10/2012, 11:41 AM
I joint this thread was gonna be about Erin backing that thang up. :(

CowboyMRW
1/10/2012, 11:42 AM
Published: Tuesday, January 10, 2012, 9:50 AM Updated: Tuesday, January 10, 2012, 9:51 AM

By Jon Solomon -- The Birmingham News

NEW ORLEANS -- Alabama loved a rematch. Not so much of the rest of the country.
It turns out most television viewers didn't want to see Alabama-LSU again, at least not an uncompetitive rematch.
Overnight ratings for Alabama's 21-0 victory over LSU were the lowest for a national championship in the 14-year history of the BCS. The All-SEC affair, the first championship pairing teams from the same conference, drew a 13.8 overnight rating on ESPN. The previous record low was a 14.3 for Miami-Nebraska at the 2002 Rose Bowl.
To put last night's rating in perspective, Alabama-LSU on Nov. 5 drew an 11.5 on CBS. Last night's game was down 14 percent from Auburn's three-point victory over Oregon last year. It was down 24 percent from Alabama's last national championship when the Crimson Tide defeated Texas in 2010.

Alabama-LSU capped a disappointing ratings year for the BCS on ESPN. Even before Monday night, the BCS' 7.3 average rating was down 10 percent from the 2010 season and 21 percent from 2009, when the games aired on Fox.
The Rose, Orange, Sugar and BCS Championship all took ratings hits this season. West Virginia's 70-33 rout of Clemson at the Orange Bowl drew just a 4.5 rating, making it the lowest-rated game in BCS history.
Interestingly, the three lowest overnight ratings for the BCS Championship Game occurred in a year when there was some controversy over the participating teams. The previous low (14.3), in 2002, featured Nebraska, which didn't win its conference. LSU's win over Oklahoma in 2004 featured a Sooners team that didn't win its conference.
Last night, Alabama became the first school since Minnesota in 1936 to win a national title without winning its conference. Alabama fans are understandably rejoicing.
Much of the rest of the country apparently tuned out.
E-mail: [email protected]
Twitter: twitter.com/jonsol

Sounds like ESPN lost a whole lot of money this year

thecrimsoncrusader
1/10/2012, 11:50 AM
Actually, Oklahoma did win the Big 12 in the 2003 season. Oklahoma had 1 conference loss while KSU had 2 conference losses. The conference championship game didn't matter that year. :tiger:

nighttrain12
1/10/2012, 12:32 PM

+1

sooneredaco
1/10/2012, 12:34 PM
I didn't realize that my original post said joint! :D

badger
1/10/2012, 12:39 PM
Overnight ratings for Alabama's 21-0 victory over LSU were the lowest for a national championship in the 14-year history of the BCS.

Assurance that this will not happen again. Praise Tebow.

85sooners
1/10/2012, 01:08 PM
I joint this thread was gonna be about Erin backing that thang up. :(I would like to spank her naughty a$$

TrophyCollector
1/10/2012, 01:24 PM

... onto a horse

sooneredaco
1/10/2012, 01:58 PM
... onto a horse

That movie would be naughtier than her first Internet debut

Lawton4Life
1/10/2012, 01:59 PM
To be fair, EA was assigned LSU and Tom Rinaldi was assigned Bama...not sure she cared either way who won, just as long as she looked cute on tv.

BigTip
1/10/2012, 02:01 PM
Seems like she's a Baylor Bear fan anyway:

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/erin-andrews-new-2-0.jpg

sooneredaco
1/10/2012, 02:08 PM
Seems like she's a Baylor Bear fan anyway:

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/erin-andrews-new-2-0.jpg

She makes me wanna be a Baylor fan! :o

setem
1/10/2012, 02:13 PM
I would like to spank her naughty a$$

I wish the thread title was "Erin Andrews Jacked the Wrong Horse" and I don't mean stole the wrong horse!

AzianSooner
1/10/2012, 08:57 PM
Why?
Nick Saban's sideline shadow was a guy I was unfamiliar with but he was the one who got to do the postgame interview with Saban. Following this, Erin got some air time with one of the bama players.

If I am the hottest reporter in the whole world, i don't want to stand close, talk close, interview close, being close to Mr Saban.

He is crazy ugly mad and having a look of a gangter ready to beat up anyone.

NO Sir, Not me close.

prrriiide
1/10/2012, 09:52 PM
Of course, she was probably following an assignment from her producer to cover the LSU side...just because she's "talent" (and hawt talent, at that) doesn't mean she calls the shots.

Scott D
1/10/2012, 09:58 PM
Tom Rinaldi is an excellent journalist.

I wouldn't read too much into the ratings. Keep in mind that the Alabama/Tejas game was on ABC, not ESPN.

nighttrain12
1/11/2012, 12:02 AM
http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/MoJoMaywood/erin.jpg

StoopTroup
1/11/2012, 12:30 AM
Nice backing.

BTW....

This outrage about Bama and the rating etc....

Do the folks who think it shouldn't have happened realize that the game did just take place and if you didn't like it or watch it.....it's probably more because it had already been settled earlier in the year but ESPN and the BCS held to it's principles and picked the Team who would give LSU the best game.

Now that Bama won and LSU didn't win it a 2nd time....it really doesn't prove that there needs to be a Playoff system or a change in how we pick the Teams who play in the National Championship.....if anything.....if proves that we need a third game in Baton Rouge to settle the tie now......:D

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2012, 04:17 PM
She makes me wanna be a Baylor fan! :o
She makes me proud to be a Baylor fan!

In any case, Erin Andrews can't be in two places at once. She had to pick one over the other and LSU was the safer bet.

SoonerSpock
1/11/2012, 05:51 PM
Actually, Oklahoma did win the Big 12 in the 2003 season. Oklahoma had 1 conference loss while KSU had 2 conference losses. The conference championship game didn't matter that year. :tiger:

The Big 12 conference rules state that the winner of the B12 Championship game. Conference wins and losses were irrelevant. As Bob Stoops has said on many occasions you set the rules before the season starts and we all have to play by them. To think and speak differently to relegate yourself to being a Mack Brown.

stoopified
1/11/2012, 06:16 PM
I would like to lick her naughty a$$fixed