PDA

View Full Version : Josh Jarboe

Sooner11JK
1/9/2012, 12:20 AM
Playing WR for Arkansas State in GoDaddy.com Bowl on ESPN

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 12:25 AM
Checkout Martel Moore for No. Illinois. I wonder if he'd come to OU?

225 yards 8 catches and 28.1 yards avg tonight so far.

SouthFortySooner
1/9/2012, 01:05 PM
Expect post game interview without his shirt on. Boarding the bus.

badger
1/9/2012, 01:31 PM
Oh Josh Jarboe, people like you make me sad for the rest of us that have no football talent and had to rely on grades to get any kind of college scholarship to anywhere.

For the n00bs out there, I present: "Josh Jarboe: A Sad Tale of WTF:"

Jan. 5, 2008: Josh Jarboe pulls a "hat trick" at the Under Armour All America game to commit to OU.
xiX-Ua2Fx8g

March 2008: Felony gun charges (for bringing a stolen pistol to school) against Jarboe results in his arrest. Also rumors of other stolen property.

May 2008: Felony gun charges against Jarboe reduced to misdemeanors, Stoops publicly announced decision to honor Jarboe's scholarship offer with:

"He became involved in a situation at his school during his senior year that certainly has caused us concern," Stoops said. "At the same time, we have personal knowledge of Josh through our recruiting contact with him and from personal references from his school and individuals of authority in his life. We feel that he will be a positive contributor to our campus.

"We have already stressed to him that his citizenship is of the upmost importance. He understands that anything less than exemplary behavior will not be tolerated."

Fall 2008: This video appears on the Internet (NSFW language):
lvzWhlX9TKs

Aug. 1, 2008: Stoops kicks Jarboe off the team.

"We are disappointed in this outcome, but our complete review and this final decision is in the best interest of our program," Stoops said in a statement. "We outlined for Josh the expectations we had for him when he arrived and, unfortunately, those expectations have not been met."

Immediately after: Butt-hurt internet says that Stoops kicked Jarboe off for a rap video and completely ignore the gun charge and anything else not known publicly. SEC boards immediately light up, wondering how they can get the 5-star recruit's services, because who cares about gun charges and rapping, it's the SEC and it's about winning.

Aug. 13, 2008: Jarboe goes to Troy, must sit out one year as per NCAA transfer rules.

At Troy: Shows skillz. Caught 15 passes for 248 yards and a score as a redshirt freshman in 2009
NRB2NVBsqeU

Jan. 13, 2009: Earns Troy the first Fulmer Cup point of the offseason (http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2009/01/13/fulmer-cup-josh-jarboe/).

Aug. 13, 2010: After university police cited Jarboe twice for misdemeanor harassment in 2009 and disorderly conduct earlier in 2010, Troy finally has enough and boots Jarboe.

2010-11: Northeast Mississippi Community College.

Sept. 23, 2011: After landing at Arkansas State, named to the Blackmonkoff Award watch list. (http://www.arkansassports360.com/26813/asu-red-wolves-josh-jarboe-joins-biletnikoff-award-watch-list-candidates)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/9/2012, 02:18 PM
Phfabulous work, Badger!

LVSOONER15
1/9/2012, 02:23 PM
Great job badger, great job.

badger
1/9/2012, 02:35 PM
I wonder if people like me irk Jarboe the way athletes like him irk me.

I say that he has the football talent that many people would die to have. Jarboe could say that I had a non-violent upbringing that wouldn't require guns be brought to high school.

I say that he pizzed away free college in favor of constant screwups. Jarboe could say that I didn't need to worry about the pressure and spotlight that goes with college football and wouldn't find myself in the same situations to be screwing up.

I say that his tale is a sad tale of WTF. Jarboe could say "well at least people are talking about me."

:mad: I'd like to say that I wish him the best, but I can't believe that he's gotten so many "second" chances.

sooneron
1/9/2012, 03:17 PM
Badger, I look forward to your updating this on the second day of the draft when the Cowboys pick him! :D

badger
1/9/2012, 03:37 PM
Badger, I look forward to your updating this on the second day of the draft when the Cowboys pick him! :D

Why wait till day 2? Cut Dez and draft up to get him, tell him you want him to wear jersey No. 88 so that he cries on national TV. :P

As far as I'm concerned, this is end of the story. A WTF tale of an ex-Sooner receiver that just couldn't stay outta trouble from high school, to college, to other college.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/9/2012, 05:22 PM

I say that he has the football talent that many people would die to have. Jarboe could say that I had a non-violent upbringing that wouldn't require guns be brought to high school.

I say that he pizzed away free college in favor of constant screwups. Jarboe could say that I didn't need to worry about the pressure and spotlight that goes with college football and wouldn't find myself in the same situations to be screwing up.

I say that his tale is a sad tale of WTF. Jarboe could say "well at least people are talking about me."

:mad: I'd like to say that I wish him the best, but I can't believe that he's gotten so many "second" chances.One could say that you have made a case for the moral equivalency of two totally different ways of looking at things.

VA Sooner
1/9/2012, 05:58 PM
Yep... his career will be soaring soon! Just think how much of difference he could have made with his life if he had the same exposure as he would have on the Sooner squad. Just a few simple rules, Mr. Jarboe... like avoiding felonies.

Scott D
1/9/2012, 08:03 PM
I'm demanding an apology from badger for insulting the name of Fred Biletnikoff

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 08:48 PM
What's the difference between avoiding felonies and getting your charges reduced to a misdemeanor?

badger
1/10/2012, 09:43 AM
I'm demanding an apology from badger for insulting the name of Fred Biletnikoff

Denied. If they wanna overlook Broyles two years in a row then eff them, they insulting the name more than I would by doing that :mad:

Scott D
1/10/2012, 03:50 PM
oh it's on now packer girl :D

badger
1/10/2012, 04:30 PM
oh it's on now packer girl :D

Take it to vBookie. I've posted all weekend NFL games and you are free to bet against the Packers there.

85sooners
1/11/2012, 05:01 AM
Idiot

swardboy
1/11/2012, 06:11 AM
^ This

SoonerNomad
1/11/2012, 03:28 PM
This is why that first Wednesday in February is just a tad overrated. You never know which ones will grow up (Ryan Broyles) and which ones have already peaked in their maturity.

stoopified
1/11/2012, 06:32 PM

:mad: I'd like to say that I wish him the best, but I can't believe that he's gotten so many "second" chances.I believe he falls into the Lawrence Phillips category of dumbaZZes with multiple second chances.

yermom
1/11/2012, 06:49 PM
What's the difference between avoiding felonies and getting your charges reduced to a misdemeanor?

characterwise? nothing.

i can't believe someone beat me to the Cowboys joke :(