PDA

View Full Version : Timothy Tebow...

8timechamps
1/8/2012, 10:37 PM
Why do people hate this kid?

I'm a Denver-ite and a Bronco fan, so I am biased...but, I really don't get the "hate". Hating the constant media coverage I get. Not agreeing with his religious beliefs or the way his openly shows it, I also get. Being a Sooner fan, I also get the anger from his performance in the demise of our possible 8th national title. But the hate for Tebow himself, I just don't get.

StoopTroup
1/8/2012, 10:44 PM
Me neither. I only disliked him over the 2008 game. After that I began to realize he is something pretty special same as Sam and IMO the same as Landry.

EatLeadCommie
1/8/2012, 10:58 PM
He's in large part a victim of the media in the love and hate that he creates. He's just a player, but I tired of all the "speech" crap in 2008 and haven't cared for him since.

agoo758
1/8/2012, 10:58 PM
I hate him because he is a phony, and wants to exalt himself under the guise of Christianity. I am surprised that more people don't see that. His behavior isn't inspiring, it's obnoxious, and he needs to learn a lesson in humility. That lesson will come one day.

salth2o
1/8/2012, 11:02 PM
agoo...that may be one of the dumbest posts I have ever read.

Tebow is far from a phony. If he were, he would have already been exposed.

I didn't like it when he and 'da Gatas beat us a few years ago, but Tim Tebow the person is a great role model for young people.

agoo758
1/8/2012, 11:05 PM
agoo...that may be one of the dumbest posts I have ever read.

You can go ahead and call my post dumb while you regurgitate all the tired cliches from espn calling him a "great role model for young people".

Reminds me, I also don't care for him, because his following is infested with people who call names to anyone who might suggest that Tebow has a flaw.

StoopTroup
1/8/2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I think he's actually toned it down quite a bit and the real reporting of his inspiration is coming from the Media. As long as the Media thinks it bothers folks or even inspires folks....they will continue to dish us more and more.

Tim isn't really doing much more than any other Football Players who in the past thanked their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ after a win. Thing about Tim is....he does it even if he loses.

I think he might be a great role Model for kids who might be a little lost and think being a Christian or saying you believe in God is uncool. My Kids still like Sam more than Tim and don't need Tim to be a role model but they respect that he has the courage to continue his beliefs even when / if he might have been asked to tone it down once he got to the NFL. I wonder how folks would feel if they had done something like that to him? I think he's doing just fine and living his life as a proud Christian. I wish him well and all the best.

salth2o
1/8/2012, 11:10 PM
You can go ahead and call my post dumb while you regurgitate all the tired cliches from espn calling him a "great role model for young people".

Reminds me, I also don't care for him, because his following is infested with people who call names to anyone who might suggest that Tebow has a flaw.

We all have flaws. I am not a Tebow disciple, but definitely like the fact that he stands up for what he believes despite the criticism and constant scrutiny. If he was a phony, don't you think the money hungry media whores would have already exposed it?

StoopTroup
1/8/2012, 11:15 PM

Did he call you or your post dumb? I think maybe he felt you didn't think it out well. Maybe he's wrong but saying Tim's following is infested with folks who suggest seems a whole lot different than the quote you made. "I hate him because he is a phony, and wants to exalt himself under the guise of Christianity."

"I hate..." seems to do more than suggest.

I honestly didn't care much for Tim until this year. I really thought he'd have a mental breakdown and his dreams of becoming a great QB in the NFL would never become possible with the hordes of attention his personal beliefs seemed to attract. After he started to win and continue to state his beliefs and really shrug off the "He'll never make it in the NFL" and all the folks who seem to be waiting for him to get caught in a Hotel with a cheerleader or a hooker....It just started to change my mind. The guy seems truly passionate about the game and his Team and Team mates and seems to really have an impact on even the guys who play against him.

It's one of the best stories I've seen this year in Sports.

LRoss
1/8/2012, 11:15 PM
He's in large part a victim of the media in the love and hate that he creates. He's just a player, but I tired of all the "speech" crap in 2008 and haven't cared for him since.

^^^This.

I'll add that I think it's difficult to tell when somebody's a "phony" from afar, and that calling him a phony is very different from "suggesting he has a flaw."

I'm sure he's a great guy, I just got tired of hearing about it long ago and now he's news whether he's good or bad. The Broncos, and to a lesser degree the entire NFL, is a little bit like golf was with Tiger a few years back when he was the biggest story no matter what. I had a friend who started calling golf "Tiger" because the media made him bigger than the golf itself. I remember seeing headlines that said "Tiger 6 out after 2 rounds" etc where how he was doing was a bigger story than the leaderboard, even when he wasn't on the leaderboard. Huh?

Same thing with Tebow, at least for me.

(Except that Tiger never bothered me, because really, who pays any attention to golf?)

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2012, 11:19 PM
Hate him.

StoopTroup
1/8/2012, 11:26 PM
If you hate Tebow...then you have to hate RG3. Talk about a phony. He's not even a good Football Player.

bluedogok
1/8/2012, 11:45 PM
I do think that Tebow would cringe at how some of his "fans" act towards others who dare question anything about Tebow. Not all of his fandom is rooted in Christianity, I doubt than many of his most vehement fans follow the Christian principles that he espouses with the vitriol that they say on sports radio here and in online postings. For the most part it's like he pretty much seems to ignore all of the furor around him by his fans and the divisiveness that some seem to want to create. I think the guy who started the "Tebowing" photo website is Jewish and proclaims to be a Tebow fan.

He does seem to have reduce greatly the religious showing in the media that he had at Florida, other than the statements others have posted about proclaiming his faith he pretty much sticks to football cliches in every interview that I have heard locally and nationally. The discussion of his faith (outside of the same thing he says every time) has been media driven unlike what it seemed like it was when he was at Florida.

BlackwellSooner
1/9/2012, 12:15 AM
I don't HATE Tebow... Hate is too strong a word for what I feel. I have an intense dislike for (mostly) the adulation piled on him by the fawning media and his fans. And, of course, let's not forget that in spite of his professed Christianity, he has feet of clay. Remember the Gator chomp in the NC game? Gloating, pure and simple. A Christian act? I don't think so.
Let's face it, Tim Tebow never met a camera that he didn't like. Rather than hide his light under a bushel, Tim hauls out the Klieg lights!
Nothing modest about our Tebow boy, no sirree!

I will give it up to him, he is a marvelous athlete, no two ways about it. But how well do you think that he would have done had he had to deal with the hand that has been dealt to Sam Bradford - - TWO YEARS IN A ROW!!!

I would love to see how all of his admirers would react to seeing Timmy boy running for his life on every single snap, and without any kind of defense to give him halfway decent field position. Tebow typically has pretty decent protection from his offensive line. Oh, were Sam and Tim's positions reversed: Tim a Ram and Sam a Bronco.

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 12:23 AM
Sam would have the Pats concerned this week IMO.

Seamus
1/9/2012, 01:14 AM
Here's a reason for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osBBYbQXQDQ

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 01:19 AM
For me...That's something I keep reserved for the Gators. Since Tebow graduated and Urban quit Coaching there...I only have a reason to hate phlorida and their fans that think they could still beat us.

I'd love a rematch and the opportunity to set that record straight but it won't be with Tebow or Urban.

To continue to hate on Tebow when he's moved to the pros for a game that was years ago seems pretty silly.

Just like I quit hatin' on pot smoking Ricky Williams....I still hate anything that's currently a Longwhorn

rainiersooner
1/9/2012, 01:33 AM

I agree...the hate is inversely proportional to the love. Each are actually unwarranted. He's a mediocre QB of whom we should not speak.

rainiersooner
1/9/2012, 01:34 AM
I also hate him because he's a virgin. What a ****** bag.

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 01:39 AM
I also hate him because he's a virgin. What a ****** bag.

At least we can always throw him into the volcano instead of some poor 8 year old. He really is good to have around in case we need to honor the Volcano Gods. :D

SicEmBaylor
1/9/2012, 02:16 AM
At least we can always throw him into the volcano instead of some poor 8 year old. He really is good to have around in case we need to honor the Volcano Gods. :D
Can we throw him into a volcano even if a sacrifice isn't needed?

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 02:21 AM
Whoever bedded down RG3 really screwed over my plans for him an a volcano.....lol

olevetonahill
1/9/2012, 02:45 AM
Yall believe Timmy is a ****in Virgin , I got some Bridges to sell ya
I dont hate the Boy , Dont think about him much one way or the other

But On that I can Call BullShat

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 02:50 AM
I'm trying to decide if I could bang some gal that had John 3:16 on both her cheeks or not....

OK Vet....Maybe you are right and Timmeh has sacrificed the Bishop to Queen's 5. :D

http://www.expert-chess-strategies.com/images/chess-queen-6.jpg

If he did thought....I bet the Knight knocked on the Queen's back Door....lol

It was checkmate in 5 moves after that

olevetonahill
1/9/2012, 02:57 AM
All I know is they aint no ****in way that Boy be a Virgin .

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 03:17 AM
Stories and pics like these made it hard to believe but he is kind of shying away from her like she has some sort of Filipino STD.....LOL

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/tim-tebow-girlfriend1.jpg

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 03:18 AM
http://www.tebowzone.com/images/tebow-girlfriend-2.jpg

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 03:20 AM
Maybe he's like Santa and just asking them what they want for Christmas.....lol?

http://sammyvegas.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/tim-tebows-girlfriend.jpg

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 03:21 AM
http://www.moviespad.com/photos/tim-tebow-girlfriend-b10d0.jpg

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 03:22 AM
http://maaadddog.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/teebowbf91.jpg

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 03:23 AM
http://starzuncut.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/tim-tebow-girlfriend-photos.jpg

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 03:27 AM
http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/tim-tebow-chick.jpg

TulsaSooners
1/9/2012, 03:36 AM
Miserable people will always hate on people who are happy. It has always been that way, and it always will be.

Generally speaking, miserable people will look for any way that they can to bring others down to their level. Thus, Tebow is a "phony" or "too nice" or whatever other insane accusations that people want to throw at him. Thus far, the kid has really stayed above everything, and is always there with a smile on his face for even the biggest cynics. I hope that he stays that way, but I'd be lying if I said that it is easy to consistently remain outwardly optimistic and joyful in modern American society.

ashley
1/9/2012, 08:17 AM
I don't see him as phony at all. Just not a long term NFL QB.

Monster Zero
1/9/2012, 08:52 AM
As a Christian, I don't hate nobody - at least I'm not supposed to. I might hate somebody's conduct or some situation like a car wreck or something, but hate is something we don't do to people.

As for St. Timmy, I don't get the notion that anyone who criticizes him is anti-Christian or a "hater", to use the word that he used in an interview awhile back. I don't appreciate the way he makes himself the center of attention, as if G-d almighty wants him to win the game and not the other guys, whomever they are...

To be fair, though, I gotta say this: He's already been on the winning side more times than I thought he would in the NFL. (Note I didn't say "he's won more games".) He's on a team that's playing good defense, has a kicker who can hit 59-yard field goals, at least in Denver, and he runs and throws well enough to run Denver's offense, which looks a lot like U of F's. So Denver wins some games with him to my surprise.

Also, I think he's gotten some good advice from John Elway and maybe some others there in Denver where Urban just kinda looked the other way:

"The little scriptural eye-blacks ended with your last game at Florida.

No screaming hissy-fits at your own teammates if you happen to not like what the scoreboard says.

No taunting the opposition like you did against Oklahoma, and if we're not playing offense you keep your butt out of the defensive team's business unless you want Thornell to have a heart-to-heart with you in the locker room.

And no crying on the sidelines either. We ain't gonna draw cards to see who has to make a show out of consoling you like they did at Florida."

So I'm being fair about it. I still wouldn't trust him though. I've had a couple of bad experiences with a couple of religious nutcakes lately, particularly my religious nutcake BIL who created a dangerous situation at the shooting range one day, and I just see the guy in a different light than I might have a few years ago.

How does he treat the waiter who brought him a cheeseburger that wasn't made the way he wanted, or the guy who cuts him off in traffic? Or his "sinner" relative who just thought he was going to have Thanksgiving dinner with him one day, and got something else? We don't know the answer to those things, now, do we?

So I still have my questions about the guy. I know for sure that if I had to choose a next-door neighbor it would be a "regular" Christian guy like Sam, Colt, Jon Kitna, or probably dozens of other guys in the league who do little things you never hear about to bring glory to His name - like tipping that waiter well even though he screwed up a sandwich, or just waving and letting that guy who cut you off go ahead, or having a kind word for someone who might be having a bad day.

But that's just me.

olevetonahill
1/9/2012, 08:54 AM
I dont hate on him,Dont say he aint a good QB, I dont call him a Phony. But I do call him a dayum Liar about being a virgin

SoonerTerry
1/9/2012, 09:00 AM
I just love seeing him make all the "experts" eat crow.

OUDoc
1/9/2012, 09:11 AM
I hate him. Can't stand the constant coverage of him. Whether that's the media's fault or his doesn't matter to me. I'm tired of hearing how great this average quarterback is. **** him. He's a great athlete who's had every advantage in life placed at his feet. Why does that make him a great role model?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/9/2012, 09:16 AM
Doc back with some bitterness!

OUDoc
1/9/2012, 09:18 AM
Doc back with some bitterness!
I really don't like Tebow. :)

olevetonahill
1/9/2012, 09:25 AM
I really don't like Tebow. :)

I couldnt tell, You hide it so well Bro

badger
1/9/2012, 09:25 AM
OK, here's the only Tebow jab I can think of with some legitimacy... remember when Sammie and Colt went to the Heisman presentation together and became friends and then there was a mention of Tebow? Said he didn't even both talking to them or anything and was standoffish.

This leads me to believe that there is the Tim Tebow we see in public, Teebowing at midfield after an 80-yard game winning drive as dozens of cameras snap pictures, and the Tim Tebow that people that aren't constantly in the media see --- the standoffish stuck up Tebow that Sammie and Colt saw back in New York.

thecrimsoncrusader
1/9/2012, 09:30 AM
Miserable people will always hate on people who are happy. It has always been that way, and it always will be.

Generally speaking, miserable people will look for any way that they can to bring others down to their level. Thus, Tebow is a "phony" or "too nice" or whatever other insane accusations that people want to throw at him. Thus far, the kid has really stayed above everything, and is always there with a smile on his face for even the biggest cynics. I hope that he stays that way, but I'd be lying if I said that it is easy to consistently remain outwardly optimistic and joyful in modern American society.

I'm as joyous as can be, but the dude is a fake. I guess I have just never been good at being naive.

SoonernAR
1/9/2012, 09:43 AM
I don't want to see Muslims bowing to the East after TDs or Satanists drawing pentigrams in the end zone either. Religion has its place and shouldn't be pushed in the face of others who may not share his beliefs, otherwise don't be upset if you see what I stated above starts happening.

SoonerorLater
1/9/2012, 10:40 AM
I'm as joyous as can be, but the dude is a fake. I guess I have just never been good at being naive.

A fake what?

SoonerAtKU
1/9/2012, 11:34 AM
Kneeling in prayer in the middle of a football game isn't about glorifying god, it's about glorifying Tim. I don't have a problem with his religion as it doesn't affect me one way or the other, but when you tie yourself to a lightning rod, you really shouldn't be shocked to get shocked. There are lots of people who really fundamentally disagree with his beliefs or the way he expresses them and the louder he and his supporters in the media crow about it, the louder the opposition will be in response.

There's a reason that of all the players in the NFL, he's the only one that 100% of fans would know his religious orientation without blinking.

tator
1/9/2012, 11:34 AM
I'm just waiting for the Broncos (who are playing way over their heads right now in a good way) to get tired of him getting all the credit and attention for the great things they are doing.

LiveLaughLove
1/9/2012, 11:54 AM
There are three kinds of Tebow haters that I see on this board.

The first are the butthurt OU fans because his team beat ours. Get over it. It's petty crap.

The second are the jealous ones. He gets too much media, shouldn't make speeches, doesn't deserve it, etc. As he should tell the media "no more interviews". Like any of you would I'm sure. Once more, petty crap.

The third are the anti-Christian. Of course, no one will admit they are anti-Christian. Being anti is like being a bigot or something. In fact, most will state, "I'm a Christian but ...". It's sort of like someone saying, "I'm not a racist but...". That but gives it away.

People don't like their life's being challenged and Tebow does that. As my pastor says, "he steps on toes". I have news for all of you that claim Christianity but then want him muzzled. You're not being biblical or Christian. We are to shout the good news from the highest peaks. Jesus said if he kept quiet the very rocks would cry out and proclaim him the Christ. That doesn't sound like someone that wanted the Gospel kept private or to themselves. Or just in certain circumstances but never in front of millions of people.

But then what did he know. He was just the Christ.

SoonerAtKU
1/9/2012, 12:02 PM
Tim Tebow does not represent a challenge to my life or our lives. It's annoying to hear a Christian complain about persecution in this society at this time. But here's the thing, it's not Tebow complaining about persecution at all. I've never heard a single quote from him implying that anyone should feel sorry for him due to the treatment he receives.

You do, however, have hyper-sensitive, holier-than-y'all types scrambling to defend him against any perceived slight. That's the part that rubs me the wrong way. He's a big boy and can speak for himself if he has an issue he wants to raise.

I feel the same way about Tebow as i do Oklahoma State and Jesus himself. I think they're all fine on their own, I just can't stand their fans.

OUDoc
1/9/2012, 12:36 PM

The first are the butthurt OU fans because his team beat ours. Get over it. It's petty crap.

The second are the jealous ones. He gets too much media, shouldn't make speeches, doesn't deserve it, etc. As he should tell the media "no more interviews". Like any of you would I'm sure. Once more, petty crap.

The third are the anti-Christian. Of course, no one will admit they are anti-Christian. Being anti is like being a bigot or something. In fact, most will state, "I'm a Christian but ...". It's sort of like someone saying, "I'm not a racist but...". That but gives it away.

People don't like their life's being challenged and Tebow does that. As my pastor says, "he steps on toes". I have news for all of you that claim Christianity but then want him muzzled. You're not being biblical or Christian. We are to shout the good news from the highest peaks. Jesus said if he kept quiet the very rocks would cry out and proclaim him the Christ. That doesn't sound like someone that wanted the Gospel kept private or to themselves. Or just in certain circumstances but never in front of millions of people.

The fourth are the people who makes stuff up and put them into categories.

rainiersooner
1/9/2012, 12:44 PM
As a Christian, I don't hate nobody - at least I'm not supposed to. I might hate somebody's conduct or some situation like a car wreck or something, but hate is something we don't do to people.

As for St. Timmy, I don't get the notion that anyone who criticizes him is anti-Christian or a "hater", to use the word that he used in an interview awhile back. I don't appreciate the way he makes himself the center of attention, as if G-d almighty wants him to win the game and not the other guys, whomever they are...

To be fair, though, I gotta say this: He's already been on the winning side more times than I thought he would in the NFL. (Note I didn't say "he's won more games".) He's on a team that's playing good defense, has a kicker who can hit 59-yard field goals, at least in Denver, and he runs and throws well enough to run Denver's offense, which looks a lot like U of F's. So Denver wins some games with him to my surprise.

Also, I think he's gotten some good advice from John Elway and maybe some others there in Denver where Urban just kinda looked the other way:

"The little scriptural eye-blacks ended with your last game at Florida.

No screaming hissy-fits at your own teammates if you happen to not like what the scoreboard says.

No taunting the opposition like you did against Oklahoma, and if we're not playing offense you keep your butt out of the defensive team's business unless you want Thornell to have a heart-to-heart with you in the locker room.

And no crying on the sidelines either. We ain't gonna draw cards to see who has to make a show out of consoling you like they did at Florida."

So I'm being fair about it. I still wouldn't trust him though. I've had a couple of bad experiences with a couple of religious nutcakes lately, particularly my religious nutcake BIL who created a dangerous situation at the shooting range one day, and I just see the guy in a different light than I might have a few years ago.

How does he treat the waiter who brought him a cheeseburger that wasn't made the way he wanted, or the guy who cuts him off in traffic? Or his "sinner" relative who just thought he was going to have Thanksgiving dinner with him one day, and got something else? We don't know the answer to those things, now, do we?

So I still have my questions about the guy. I know for sure that if I had to choose a next-door neighbor it would be a "regular" Christian guy like Sam, Colt, Jon Kitna, or probably dozens of other guys in the league who do little things you never hear about to bring glory to His name - like tipping that waiter well even though he screwed up a sandwich, or just waving and letting that guy who cut you off go ahead, or having a kind word for someone who might be having a bad day.

But that's just me.

Can we get back to the pictures of girls with whom Timmy is purportedly NOT having sex?

kevpks
1/9/2012, 12:48 PM
People don't like their life's being challenged and Tebow does that.

I fail to see how this football player challenges my life. The 24/7 coverage of him challenges my desire to watch ESPN. It's an intriguing story, but not that intriguing.

thecrimsoncrusader
1/9/2012, 12:51 PM
A fake what?

A fake "good guy". He has shown other wise at the Heisman Trophy presentation (when he lost) as well as on the field.

olevetonahill
1/9/2012, 12:52 PM
A fake what?

A Fake VIRGIN
Pay Tention

OULenexaman
1/9/2012, 01:00 PM
yep......he is a fake one of those for sure.

badger
1/9/2012, 01:09 PM
There are so many things about Tebow that irk me the wrong way, so here goes:

1- The way he seems to be playing it up for the media. When NFL Network mic'd him, he was randomly singing bible camp songs. As in "Our God... is an awesome God he reigns from heaven above..." and the way he seems to be posing for the cameras when they're all around him. I don't care if he's singing and posing in a Christian manner, it seems less genuine when you're in the public eye even if you're 100 percent sincere. It was the same thing when that one American Idol contestant was talking about how bad he felt about his wife dying... right before asking the public to text and call in votes to give him a lucrative singing career.

2- His voice. It's a creepy home-schooled anti-social voice. You all know what I'm talking about. It's weird. Sorry. It's weird!

3- His endorsements. Those ads are all stupid and weird and annoying. No, not the Focus on the Family one, everything since then.. the Nike stuff, the Jockey t-shirts... bleeeeh.

4- The fact that he is getting lots of credit for things his teammates are doing. Go ahead and say it's not his fault, I don't seem him trying to push the media attention to Thomas for making that game winning catch, or to the defense for stopping Pittsburgh from setting up a field goal at the end of regulation, or even the Broncos' kicker for hitting TWO 59-yard field goals this season.

5- The fact that I truly believe that he sucks at quarterback and doesn't deserve to be an NFL starter. I would be driven absolutely insane if he were the Packers' quarterback by now. I don't care if they beat an injury-plagued Steeler team at home and are still in the playoffs. They were lucky to make the playoffs (they lost and everyone else that needed to lose lost in week 17), I don't care if they are a divisional champion team, because teams that have .500 records do NOT deserve to be champions, NOR do they deserve to be in the playoffs!

Anyways, all of those things listed above are completely independent of the fact that the Gators beat us for the title and that Tebow is Christian.

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 01:24 PM
I think as an OU Fan there are plenty of reasons to state why you dislike, hate or even not believe Tim is what he says he is and if you are right....you would think there would be someone out there that would have tried to exploit their 15 minutes of Fame against him.

Just sayin'....

70sooner
1/9/2012, 01:27 PM
hate is such a wasted emotion.....

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 01:27 PM
Can we get back to the pictures of girls with whom Timmy is purportedly NOT having sex?

There sure were a lot of honeys lined up to get a picture with him and then claim they had been Baptised by Tim's penis.

Monster Zero
1/9/2012, 01:35 PM
Spek.

yankee
1/9/2012, 01:41 PM
Tebow is slowly winning me over. Not even close to one of his disciples yet, though.

And I completely believe he's a virgin, and I think it's great he's done that.

olevetonahill
1/9/2012, 02:00 PM
Tebow is slowly winning me over. Not even close to one of his disciples yet, though.

And I completely believe he's a virgin, and I think it's great he's done that.

And just how many bridges may I sign yer young Dumas up for?

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 02:22 PM
Vet....maybe Tim doesn't have a penis?

olevetonahill
1/9/2012, 02:25 PM
Vet....maybe Tim doesn't have a penis?
Ya reckon Chaz got it?

8timechamps
1/9/2012, 02:30 PM

1- The way he seems to be playing it up for the media. When NFL Network mic'd him, he was randomly singing bible camp songs. As in "Our God... is an awesome God he reigns from heaven above..." and the way he seems to be posing for the cameras when they're all around him. I don't care if he's singing and posing in a Christian manner, it seems less genuine when you're in the public eye even if you're 100 percent sincere. It was the same thing when that one American Idol contestant was talking about how bad he felt about his wife dying... right before asking the public to text and call in votes to give him a lucrative singing career.

I guess I just don't see him "playing it up for the media". I've seen him twice at local restaurants, and he acted the exact same way he has in every interview I've seen him do. Most professional athletes would become irritated when countless kids stopped by their table (while eating) and ask for an autograph...Tim did not, and he took plenty of time to talk to each of them. I'm not sayin that makes him special, just that his attitude appears to be genuine, no "played up".

2- His voice. It's a creepy home-schooled anti-social voice. You all know what I'm talking about. It's weird. Sorry. It's weird!

Okay, I'm going to kinda agree with you on this one. It is a little weird.

3- His endorsements. Those ads are all stupid and weird and annoying. No, not the Focus on the Family one, everything since then.. the Nike stuff, the Jockey t-shirts... bleeeeh.

Are they any dumber than any other athlete pitching a product? I say no.

4- The fact that he is getting lots of credit for things his teammates are doing. Go ahead and say it's not his fault, I don't seem him trying to push the media attention to Thomas for making that game winning catch, or to the defense for stopping Pittsburgh from setting up a field goal at the end of regulation, or even the Broncos' kicker for hitting TWO 59-yard field goals this season.

Again, that's media driven. Tebow doesn't demand that everyone tell him how great he is. In fact, every interview he gives he mentions his teammates and coaches. I can't think of many QBs in the NFL that do that. I get that people living outside of Denver only see what ESPN or post-game coverage shows, but I assure you he does, in fact, push the media attention on his teammates and coaches.

5- The fact that I truly believe that he sucks at quarterback and doesn't deserve to be an NFL starter. I would be driven absolutely insane if he were the Packers' quarterback by now. I don't care if they beat an injury-plagued Steeler team at home and are still in the playoffs. They were lucky to make the playoffs (they lost and everyone else that needed to lose lost in week 17), I don't care if they are a divisional champion team, because teams that have .500 records do NOT deserve to be champions, NOR do they deserve to be in the playoffs!

So you're trying to say that Denver won because Pittsburgh is "injury plagued"? C'mon badge. First, I'm not buying that Rothlesburger's ankle was that injured. Second, just like coach Tomlin said "the guys we put out there were good enough to get the job done". "Lucky to make the playoffs"? Maybe, but there's been lots of teams that have made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth and done a lot of damage (ie. 1998 Wildcard Denver Broncos). It sounds like you don't like the Broncos in the playoffs, and somehow you put that on Tebow. That's the way the NFL has always been, and will probably always be. I won't argue that Tebow is the next Peyton Manning, but I think he's shown himself capable of making every throw an NFL QB needs to make, leading a team like an NFL QB should and winning like an NFL QB can. What exactly is it that he needs to do to become a "deserving" NFL starter?

I wouldn't call myself a disciple of Tebow, but he won me over as a fan. I find it funny that people think he's "fake" and their reasoning is because he wasn't "buddy buddy" with Sam and Colt at the Heisman. If that's as "bad" as it gets for him, that's pretty petty.

SoonerorLater
1/9/2012, 02:36 PM
There is one overriding reason that there are so many Tebow haters / critics. That is his overt christianity. No other reason. Think about it. He hasn't stomped an opposing player while he lay on the ground, he hasn't been arrested for running a drug ring or just quit on his team in a hissy fit like some other players have recently done. None of that from Tebow. Why would Tim Tebow praying cause a more visceral reaction than all of the other low life behavior in the NFL combined? Don't believe me. Just see how many threads you see on Tim Tebow.

We've been indoctinated by the media and other institutions that religious beliefs are a private thing not to be displayed publicly. Something that is to be put on the shelf when we walk out the door in the morning. Being a Christian should 24X7. There are no "Christian Hours".

I would wager most everyone on this board considers themselves OU Fans wherever they're at. Would the same folks consider wearing an OU T-shirt to the store an in appropriate display because it might offend fans of some other team? Then why bag on Tebow for his outward displays of Christianity which is infinitely more important.

badger
1/9/2012, 02:41 PM
Full disclosure: The only team to ever beat the Packers in the Super Bowl was Denver... and I'm dying for the chance to return the favor, regardless of who the quarterback is.

So Tebow Time to win the AFC, hehe.

As for stupid athlete ads, I would take a billion viewings of "DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK!" over any Tebow ad.

picasso
1/9/2012, 02:45 PM
I don't find it hard to believe he's a virgin if he says so. I haven't seen any chicks on Oprah saying he banged them.

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 02:51 PM
I don't find it hard to believe he's a virgin if he says so. I haven't seen any chicks on Oprah saying he banged them.

Exactly....

thecrimsoncrusader
1/9/2012, 02:51 PM
Does the classification of "virgin" only apply to people or other creatures as well? I mean, several OSU fans could be virgins still if you exclude any action with farm animals that they might of had? Just sayin'.

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 02:52 PM
Full disclosure: The only team to ever beat the Packers in the Super Bowl was Denver... and I'm dying for the chance to return the favor, regardless of who the quarterback is.

So Tebow Time to win the AFC, hehe.

As for stupid athlete ads, I would take a billion viewings of "DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK!" over any Tebow ad.

Maybe so but it's the guy beating on the window screaming at Aaron that makes the commercial and he's really a Tebow Fan. :D ;)

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 02:57 PM
Does the classification of "virgin" only apply to people or other creatures as well? I mean, several OSU fans could be virgins still if you exclude any action with farm animals that they might of had? Just sayin'.

A friend of mine was telling me that a good friend of his had told him he was finally getting married. He had always said he wouldn't marry a gal unless she was a virgin so he was shocked when he proclaimed the engagement. Later he call my buddy back as his Bride to be had indeed confirmed her virginity but had explained to him that she was only able to keep herself pure by performing oral secs on all her ex-boyfriends in HS and all through College. Something like 50 different BFs and a few 1000 BJs but indeed she had never had Carnal Knowledge with any of them.

SoonerAtKU
1/9/2012, 03:04 PM
Also well known is that there are other routes to maintaining "technical virginity". Now, I'm not suggesting that Timbo has or hasn't had one in his dumper, but by several schools of thought, he'd still be a virgin.

sooneron
1/9/2012, 03:05 PM
I know longer care about him. At all. I do hate the media slurping down his man jizz at any moment. ESPN is unwatchable afer he wins a game. He finally beat a Good football team. Good might be a stretch here as this year's Steelers were a mere shadow of the team that went to the super bowl last year. Until last weekend, he hadn't beaten a team with a winning record. I hope the Pats win (LORD, I hate saying that) and they give them a good thrashing. Then I won't have to hear about him. Sad thing is, their D is weak and he will still get > 200 yards, so the lovers will be all over keeping him in Denver and building around him.

Curly Bill
1/9/2012, 03:06 PM
I know longer care about him. At all. I do hate the media slurping down his man jizz at any moment. ESPN is unwatchable afer he wins a game. He finally beat a Good football team. Good might be a stretch here as this year's Steelers were a mere shadow of the team that went to the super bowl last year. Until last weekend, he hadn't beaten a team with a winning record. I hope the Pats win (LORD, I hate saying that) and they give them a good thrashing. Then I won't have to hear about him. Sad thing is, their D is weak and he will still get > 200 yards, so the lovers will be all over keeping him in Denver and building around him.

This is pretty much where I'm at.

olevetonahill
1/9/2012, 03:18 PM

Exactly....

I gotta get more Bridges :greedy_dollars:

Pricetag
1/9/2012, 03:25 PM
He had always said he wouldn't marry a gal unless she was a virgin. . . she was only able to keep herself pure by performing oral secs on all her ex-boyfriends in HS and all through College. Something like 50 different BFs and a few 1000 BJs but indeed she had never had Carnal Knowledge with any of them.
Dayum.

io94LB3kH44

SoonerAtKU
1/9/2012, 03:29 PM

His voice has dead eyes, if you know what I mean.

sooneron
1/9/2012, 03:35 PM
Oh and two of his td passes, one should have been intercepted as the ball was underthrown if the db had only been looking for it... and the OT score should have been a 10-15 yd gain, but there was no safety help and the db failed to wrap up.

Landthief 1972
1/9/2012, 06:00 PM
How about for the fact that he's a dyed-in the wool, unapologetic bigot? I don't care how many times he takes a knee, he's a typical evangelical turd who likes to hand-pick which Bible verses he lives his life by, and tries to enforce his opinions on others as well through his support for groups that lobby against homosexuals.

OU69BeaufortCounty
1/9/2012, 06:52 PM
Tim's grandmother was from Lawton. Like many Sooners, I did not care for him due to the UF connection and the BCS game against OU, but that is water under the bridge. No need to carry that over to today. Give the kid some slack.

Now Johnny Rogers and that penalty-aided punt return in the 1971 Game of the Century...that is a different matter and cannot be forgotten or forgiven.

8timechamps
1/9/2012, 07:01 PM
As a side note, Quinton Carter played his best game as a Bronco last night. He's been very solid this season, and has surpassed Denver's higher draft pick at Safety Rahim Moore.

SoonerMom2
1/9/2012, 07:12 PM
This idea that if you are a Christian you have to support Tebow is as irritating as ESPN and their lovefest. I am a Christian and I don't like Tebow -- he is way too over the top and not a very good quarterback. Cannot believe I am saying this but I am rooting for New England -- 2nd time this year as I rooted for them when they went to Denver. After living there when my husband was on an industry assignment with the Air Force, I cannot believe I want to win but they don't bug me like Tebow and his attitude. He pushes all this Tebow hype and uses his Christianity to hype himself as this good Christian quarterback. He reminds me of a politician and that is not a good comparison.

Why is this thread in Sooner Football?

8timechamps
1/9/2012, 07:16 PM
This idea that if you are a Christian you have to support Tebow is as irritating as ESPN and their lovefest. I am a Christian and I don't like Tebow -- he is way too over the top and not a very good quarterback. Cannot believe I am saying this but I am rooting for New England -- 2nd time this year as I rooted for them when they went to Denver. After living there when my husband was on an industry assignment with the Air Force, I cannot believe I want to win but they don't bug me like Tebow and his attitude. He pushes all this Tebow hype and uses his Christianity to hype himself as this good Christian quarterback. He reminds me of a politician and that is not a good comparison.

A. Since you are rooting for NE, we're not friends anymore!

and

B. It's here because we are 8 months away from Sooner Football.

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2012, 07:48 PM
That was a heck of a game yesterday between Broncos/Steelers. But I could have sworn there were lots of other players involved other than Tebow - apparently not when I watch the highlights.

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 07:55 PM
I could have swore they replayed Carter's INT of Big Ben all night last night.

Scott D
1/9/2012, 07:59 PM

I hate Tebow because he's a Bronco. Next you're going to tell me I hate horses because I hate John Elway too right?

olevetonahill
1/9/2012, 08:03 PM
That was a heck of a game yesterday between Broncos/Steelers. But I could have sworn there were lots of other players involved other than Tebow - apparently not when I watch the highlights.

Nope it was Just Tebow and God
Pay Tention:very_drunk:

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 08:18 PM

Yet he won a Heisman Trophy and when he went up against our Heisman Trophy winner he pulled the same stuff he pulled in many of his other college games and inspired his Team to win when they weren't playing well. Then even though he wasn't a #1 Draft pick because he was a bit different than most conventional QBs....he still got drafted in the first round just because...maybe he just might rise to the occasion and prove folks wrong about him not being good enough to play in the NFL. Then he rode the pine until Denver had their fans calling them out as to why did they draft him if they never intended to give him a shot? They gave him a shot and he now has not only won some football games for them...he's gotten them into the Playoffs and then when he didn't even get any chance of beating The Steelers who made it to the Playoffs as a WILDCARD TEAM.....he beat them in OT so he could take his Team onto play Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.

Here's the thing. He isn't good enough, He's a false prophet, There's no way he could beat the Steelers and there's no way he can beat the Patriots....but if all that was true....you wouldn't be having to root for the Pats to put and end to it all now would you?

Tebow is an enigma. He's the guy nobody believes in but the guy that has folks changing their minds. Evidently he hasn't changed your mind however. That's all it really is. I'm rooting for him and the Broncos to beat the Pats as I like underdogs. Even though the press has made this all about Tebow...Football is a Team Sport and i don't believe that the Broncos are winning just because Tebow is the QB but I do think he has had an impact on the Team and enough of one that he has them believing that they can win against the Pats.

Tebow get the notice because he's the QB plain and simple. If he was losing....his career would be over. He's winning and he's continuing to be Tebow even though nobody can disprove he's not the good Christian he emulates.

He's in this forum because many of us have spent years watching this enigma and we have all posted tons about the NFL in here.....since he's still in the news....he's still in this forum.

sooneron
1/9/2012, 10:01 PM
There it is again, HE GOT THEM INTO THE PLAYOFFS. Not his Oline and not the above average defense. The sub par qb did it. THAT is the problem. He's a great football player, no doubt, but he's not a very good qb. Good leader? Yes. QB prowess? He makes Trent Dilfer look like Joe Montana.

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2012, 10:09 PM
I could have swore they replayed Carter's INT of Big Ben all night last night.

Carter looked good. But he was still tackling with his head down on that play where he prevented a 3rd down conversion. Good thing the catch was a few steps before, so no "defenseless receiver" call. But a good runner would have made him look silly with a juke. But hey, he's startin' in the NFL!

LRoss
1/9/2012, 10:52 PM
How about for the fact that he's a dyed-in the wool, unapologetic bigot? I don't care how many times he takes a knee, he's a typical evangelical turd who likes to hand-pick which Bible verses he lives his life by, and tries to enforce his opinions on others as well through his support for groups that lobby against homosexuals.

Too bad he can't be filled with the love, graciousness and understanding demonstrated in this post.

kevpks
1/9/2012, 11:18 PM
Carter looked good. But he was still tackling with his head down on that play where he prevented a 3rd down conversion. Good thing the catch was a few steps before, so no "defenseless receiver" call. But a good runner would have made him look silly with a juke. But hey, he's startin' in the NFL!

I agree. Carter should have come back for a 5th year to work on those things against Tech, Baylor and OSU.

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 11:24 PM
I hate Tebow because he's a Bronco. Next you're going to tell me I hate horses because I hate John Elway too right?

LOL....so maybe there are 4 or 5 types of Tebow Haters....ROTF

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 11:31 PM
There it is again, HE GOT THEM INTO THE PLAYOFFS. Not his Oline and not the above average defense. The sub par qb did it. THAT is the problem. He's a great football player, no doubt, but he's not a very good qb. Good leader? Yes. QB prowess? He makes Trent Dilfer look like Joe Montana.

I know you know that if he loses that game....he gets the blame....not the o-line.

The O-Line never gets their due and if Tebow is QB after being told time and again that he can't make it in the NFL....maybe the O-Line is OK with giving him the credit and tired of seeing the guy get **** on? Maybe some of them are Christians and just don't mind letting Tim get the recognition? I have to tell you...I was calling out Tim's wobble passes throughout the game.....but that pass in OT to win the game was a nice crisp pass. Yeah...it wasn't 80 yards in the air deep to the WR but it was an effective pass to a guy making a cut towards the middle of the field and then down the right sideline for the game winning score.

A great play by the Team that allowed Tebow and Thomas to put an end to the OT in one play and to put an end to the Steeler's Season.

picasso
1/9/2012, 11:59 PM
Carter still doesn't wrap up and I find it highly amusing how self described Christians are judging Tebow for being too preachy, etc..

How about you just worry about you?

bluedogok
1/10/2012, 12:03 AM
Carter did a much better job of completing tackles in this game, probably the best he has all season.

picasso
1/10/2012, 12:06 AM
Oh no, he's a part of a group that likes to force their opinions on others? There's a pot/kettle comparison there.

sooneron
1/10/2012, 12:21 AM
I know you know that if he loses that game....he gets the blame....not the o-line.

Well, yeah. He has a decent OL and a running game to lean on. Once again, this is the first team that Denver beat that had a winning record. A team the hobbled its way to Colorado. If he completes more than 50% of his passes and wins in Foxboro, I will give him some due.

CowboyMRW
1/10/2012, 12:27 AM

Where were the Broncos before Tebow started. O yea, they sucked. He's not the entire reason they're in the playoffs but he is a major part of it

Crimsontothecore
1/10/2012, 05:31 AM
Oh great, another "why do you hate Tebow " thread. The first player in history that people try to make you feel guilty for not liking. I swear some of you need to get over your man crush on this guy.

badger
1/10/2012, 10:03 AM
Oh great, another "why do you hate Tebow " thread. The first player in history that people try to make you feel guilty for not liking. I swear some of you need to get over your man crush on this guy.

Girl here. I don't have a girl crush on him either :P

Primary reasons for not giving a crap about Tebow:

1- He does not play for the Packers nor did he play for the Sooners.

Primary reasons for liking Tebow:

1- The absolute worst team left in the AFC and the best opponent for the Packers to win another Super Bowl against.

Te-bow! Te-bow! Te-bow! :D

70sooner
1/10/2012, 10:15 AM
you can say what you want about Tebow, but how do you knock hgim for doing thing like this?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19707827

Bailey Knaub, 16, was mobbed by her teachers and students when she returned to Thompson Valley High School in Loveland after meeting Tim Tebow on Sunday.

"They wanted to know the whole story from beginning to end," Bailey said Monday, also noting that she received 42 new Facebook "friend" requests. "They were so jealous."

Tebow mentioned Bailey, a junior, during his postgame remarks Sunday night, saying the big overtime win against the Pittsburgh Steelers​ paled in significance when compared to the health struggles she has faced.

Bailey has Wegener's granulomatosis, a rare vascular disorder that has forced her to undergo 73 surgeries in 10 years, the most serious of which was the removal of her left lung in 2010.

Her emotional strength through treatments, including chemotherapy to send the disease into remission, has been an inspiration to her family. A cousin sent a letter about her to the Tebow Foundation's Wish 15 program, which grants wishes for children with life-threatening illnesses.

On Thursday, Bailey learned that her dream of meeting Tebow would come true. Her family received tickets — first level, 30-yard line — to the AFC wild-card playoff game by FedEx, and soon they all were hanging out with Tebow's parents and all of his brothers and sisters.

Then, before the game started, someone said Tim Tebow was headed over to meet Bailey.

"I was so nervous, my heart was going a million miles an hour," she said. "I was trying not to squeal like a little fan girl."
He greeted her by name, handed her the football he'd been practicing with, then said he'd be back after the game to hang out with her.

"She was just beaming," said her mother, Kathy Knaub.

Bailey and her older sister, Gentry, along with their parents Rob and Kathy, spent about two hours with the Tebow family.
"They were so friendly, it's like you were family," said Kathy Knaub. "We talked a lot about faith

"My heart was going a million miles an hour," Bailey, pictured in her room, said of meeting Tim Tebow. "I was trying not to squeal like a little fangirl." (Cyrus McCrimmon, The Denver Post)and their farm."

Both families have lived on farms and built deep religious faith. The Knaub family attends Resurrection Fellowship in Loveland, where Rob leads the men's prayer fellowship of 450.

Rob shared the good news with the group by text message Thursday. "They were all so excited, especially for Bailey."
Bailey has faithfully followed Tebow since his time at Florida, a fan of his skill on the football field and strong Christian faith.
The years of her illness have been "extremely tough," her father said, so Tebow's kindness to Bailey meant a lot to her family.
"We couldn't believe on the biggest game of his life, he focused all on Bailey," said Kathy Knaub. "He's so genuine and made her feel so special."

Two of the best things Bailey — who calls herself a "sports fanatic" — took away from the post-game meeting were an autograph on the football Tebow had given her earlier and a Bible embossed with her name.

She also got a lot of love.

"They're a very huggy family," said Bailey. "I got about 20 hugs from everyone and a ton from Tebow."

Colleen O'Connor: 303-954-1083 or [email protected]

Landthief 1972
1/10/2012, 11:06 AM
Too bad he can't be filled with the love, graciousness and understanding demonstrated in this post.

Tebow CHOOSES to be a bigot. Homosexuals DO NOT CHOOSE to be gay. That makes it damned easy to see who's going to get my love, graciousness and understanding. Nice straw man, though.

Landthief 1972
1/10/2012, 11:14 AM
Oh no, he's a part of a group that likes to force their opinions on others? There's a pot/kettle comparison there.

I've never lobbied for legislation that says ignorant bigots can't marry other ignorant bigots. Tebow has lobbied against gay marriage. Nice try.

As I said before, Tebow CHOOSES to be a bigot; homosexuals DON'T CHOOSE to be gay (unless you're one of those idiots who also think Jesus rode dinosaurs), so who should be given the benefit of the doubt first?

Landthief 1972
1/10/2012, 11:17 AM
Good thing she was straight. If she was into girls, he probably would have stoned her.

Regardless, how is this any different from all the other college and NFL players and coaches who do this type of thing (like Stoops, Jones and Broyles)? How does this make him a bigger story than any pro QB who can actually throw more than 300 yards per game more than once a year?

you can say what you want about Tebow, but how do you knock hgim for doing thing like this?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19707827

Bailey Knaub, 16, was mobbed by her teachers and students when she returned to Thompson Valley High School in Loveland after meeting Tim Tebow on Sunday.

"They wanted to know the whole story from beginning to end," Bailey said Monday, also noting that she received 42 new Facebook "friend" requests. "They were so jealous."

Tebow mentioned Bailey, a junior, during his postgame remarks Sunday night, saying the big overtime win against the Pittsburgh Steelers​ paled in significance when compared to the health struggles she has faced.

Bailey has Wegener's granulomatosis, a rare vascular disorder that has forced her to undergo 73 surgeries in 10 years, the most serious of which was the removal of her left lung in 2010.

Her emotional strength through treatments, including chemotherapy to send the disease into remission, has been an inspiration to her family. A cousin sent a letter about her to the Tebow Foundation's Wish 15 program, which grants wishes for children with life-threatening illnesses.

On Thursday, Bailey learned that her dream of meeting Tebow would come true. Her family received tickets — first level, 30-yard line — to the AFC wild-card playoff game by FedEx, and soon they all were hanging out with Tebow's parents and all of his brothers and sisters.

Then, before the game started, someone said Tim Tebow was headed over to meet Bailey.

"I was so nervous, my heart was going a million miles an hour," she said. "I was trying not to squeal like a little fan girl."
He greeted her by name, handed her the football he'd been practicing with, then said he'd be back after the game to hang out with her.

"She was just beaming," said her mother, Kathy Knaub.

Bailey and her older sister, Gentry, along with their parents Rob and Kathy, spent about two hours with the Tebow family.
"They were so friendly, it's like you were family," said Kathy Knaub. "We talked a lot about faith

"My heart was going a million miles an hour," Bailey, pictured in her room, said of meeting Tim Tebow. "I was trying not to squeal like a little fangirl." (Cyrus McCrimmon, The Denver Post)and their farm."

Both families have lived on farms and built deep religious faith. The Knaub family attends Resurrection Fellowship in Loveland, where Rob leads the men's prayer fellowship of 450.

Rob shared the good news with the group by text message Thursday. "They were all so excited, especially for Bailey."
Bailey has faithfully followed Tebow since his time at Florida, a fan of his skill on the football field and strong Christian faith.
The years of her illness have been "extremely tough," her father said, so Tebow's kindness to Bailey meant a lot to her family.
"We couldn't believe on the biggest game of his life, he focused all on Bailey," said Kathy Knaub. "He's so genuine and made her feel so special."

Two of the best things Bailey — who calls herself a "sports fanatic" — took away from the post-game meeting were an autograph on the football Tebow had given her earlier and a Bible embossed with her name.

She also got a lot of love.

"They're a very huggy family," said Bailey. "I got about 20 hugs from everyone and a ton from Tebow."

Colleen O'Connor: 303-954-1083 or [email protected]

badger
1/10/2012, 11:22 AM

The knock isn't on the act, the knock is on the act of seeking publicity. The same thing for his very public faith. It's like he's waiting for the cameras to be on him before Tebowing so that as many people see him Tebowing as possible. Gag.

It's a very nice thing to do. Thank you for doing a nice thing. Now stop whorning yourself out to the media, you media whorn.

Curly Bill
1/10/2012, 11:23 AM
The knock isn't on the act, the knock is on the act of seeking publicity. The same thing for his very public faith. It's like he's waiting for the cameras to be on him before Tebowing so that as many people see him Tebowing as possible. Gag.

It's a very nice thing to do. Thank you for doing a nice thing. Now stop whorning yourself out to the media, you media whorn.

Here's where I'm at as well.

StoopTroup
1/10/2012, 02:02 PM
Well, yeah. He has a decent OL and a running game to lean on. Once again, this is the first team that Denver beat that had a winning record. A team the hobbled its way to Colorado. If he completes more than 50% of his passes and wins in Foxboro, I will give him some due.

He'll definitely have more than earned his due if he and the Broncos can pull off an upset like that. I won't be putting money on Tebow in this one however, so I think he deserves the due now. I can understand that you don't wish to give him any until he parts the Red Sea.....lol

jkjsooner
1/10/2012, 02:08 PM
Since Badger mentioned his commercials, how about the one where he says, "They said I couldn't...."?

Just from memory:

They said I couldn't play college football. Say what? Who said that? Tebow was highly recruited.

They said I couldn't win a national title. Who said that?

They said I couldn't play in the NFL. He's got us on this one. The verdict is still out on this one. So far he's been less than impressive as a NFL QB and has had some horrible games.

I'll give him credit though. He played a pretty darn good game against the Steelers. That was only his second decent game this year.

badger
1/10/2012, 02:14 PM
Since Badger mentioned his commercials, how about the one where he says, "They said I couldn't...."?

Just from memory:

They said I couldn't play college football. Say what? Who said that? Tebow was highly recruited.

Yeah, it was like that Tiger Woods "Hello World" Nike commercial claiming that Tiger couldn't play at a lot of golf courses because of the color of his skin... Which courses? Nike was challenged to name any, and they couldn't :)

As for people saying Teebz couldn't play in the NFL... I don't think anyone said that. Perhaps if they added "quarterback" to that statement, you'd have some takers. I don't think anyone suggested that he would be entirely shut out of the NFL.

StoopTroup
1/10/2012, 02:52 PM
They said I couldn't play in the NFL. He's got us on this one. The verdict is still out on this one. So far he's been less than impressive as a NFL QB and has had some horrible games.

I'll give him credit though. He played a pretty darn good game against the Steelers. That was only his second decent game this year.

OK we'll throw out the pre-NFL stuff and start from there.....lol

So....you agree....he is improving....LMAO

There you have it folks! Another Tebow Fan! :D ;)

StoopTroup
1/10/2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah, it was like that Tiger Woods "Hello World" Nike commercial claiming that Tiger couldn't play at a lot of golf courses because of the color of his skin... Which courses? Nike was challenged to name any, and they couldn't :)

As for people saying Teebz couldn't play in the NFL... I don't think anyone said that. Perhaps if they added "quarterback" to that statement, you'd have some takers. I don't think anyone suggested that he would be entirely shut out of the NFL.

There were plenty saying....if you draft him....what position are you going to play him at? They further alluded that anyone who drafted him would need to rewrite their playbook and create a system for him.

They have done just that and it's got Tebow on the front page of darn near every newspaper, magazine, blog and message board.

badger
1/10/2012, 02:58 PM
There were plenty saying....if you draft him....what position are you going to play him at? They further alluded that anyone who drafted him would need to rewrite their playbook and create a system for him.

So the prophecy came true, then :D

LRoss
1/10/2012, 04:03 PM
Tebow CHOOSES to be a bigot. Homosexuals DO NOT CHOOSE to be gay. That makes it damned easy to see who's going to get my love, graciousness and understanding. Nice straw man, though.

I'm not surprised we have different views on the irony or lack-thereof of your post. Although I don't think that difference in perception is anything related to a "straw man" as I understand it, but it doesn't matter.

I dig the Bob Ross avatar, by the way.

badger
1/10/2012, 04:34 PM

Only because it relates to Tebow and not because I'm trying to turn this into an Obamafest thread by getting too political:

Once again, it all comes back to public display. I think that Christians (Tebow included) have a choice in how they display their faiths in a public setting, much like gay people have a choice in how they choose to display their orientation publicly. My tolerance and support for both actually are strong reflections of how much their publicity annoys me.

...that, and how I think it'll impact the Packers winning another Super Bowl :D

Crimsontothecore
1/10/2012, 07:44 PM
Good lord Badger! Another lost bet I assume? Please stop betting before you have to paint yourself orange. I was hoping we had seen the last of your aggie avatar and sig.

OhU1
1/10/2012, 07:45 PM
Ok, Tebow has been seen hanging out with various very attractive women and he insists he is a virgin. No women has come forward to say otherwise (see Herman Cain, some girl would have gone tabloid by now). Tebow is overtly macho and campaigns against gays. Exhibit 3, listen to the dude's voice. A lot of things would shock me more than finding out that Timmy Tebow really doesn't dig chicks.

8timechamps
1/10/2012, 08:03 PM

Will you please point out ANYTHING in my original post that was meant to make you "feel guilty" if you don't like Tebow? My question is why the "hate"? If you don't hate Tebow, then this thread is not for you and you can feel free to move along. I swear some of you need to not post in threads you have no interest in.

8timechamps
1/10/2012, 08:11 PM
Only because it relates to Tebow and not because I'm trying to turn this into an Obamafest thread by getting too political:

Once again, it all comes back to public display. I think that Christians (Tebow included) have a choice in how they display their faiths in a public setting, much like gay people have a choice in how they choose to display their orientation publicly. My tolerance and support for both actually are strong reflections of how much their publicity annoys me.

...that, and how I think it'll impact the Packers winning another Super Bowl :D

So I can assume that it annoyed you just as much to see all the Sooners running to the endzone prior to the games and taking a knee (to pray)??

I'm guessing it didn't. Praying before/after/during football games has been around as long as the game has. The only difference is that Tebow has made his religion very public (I don't even know that he's made it as public as the media has). Whether I agree with his religion has absolutely no bearing on me being a fan of the player.

You do have to admit this year has been kind of like a Disney movie for Tebow. He finally gets his chance to start and a losing team goes on an unbelievable run, then things start to fall apart and the team starts to lose...and it comes down to the win or go home game, and they pull it out. We've all seen it a hundred times.

Oh, and if you don't LOVE Tebow, you don't LOVE God! ;)

UberSooner
1/10/2012, 08:17 PM
Ok, Tebow has been seen hanging out with various very attractive women and he insists he is a virgin. No women has come forward to say otherwise (see Herman Cain, some girl would have gone tabloid by now). Tebow is overtly macho and campaigns against gays. Exhibit 3, listen to the dude's voice. A lot of things would shock me more than finding out that Timmy Tebow really doesn't dig chicks.

this really made me laugh, only because it is so plausible. Why didn't I see it before?

Crimsontothecore
1/10/2012, 08:47 PM
Will you please point out ANYTHING in my original post that was meant to make you "feel guilty" if you don't like Tebow? My question is why the "hate"? If you don't hate Tebow, then this thread is not for you and you can feel free to move along. I swear some of you need to not post in threads you have no interest in.

I just don't know why people not liking Tebow intrigues people like you. And why it's always described as "hate" is curious too. There are lots of other professional athletes people don't like for various reasons and that seems to be ok and understandable. But, for some reason, not liking Tebow puzzles you as if he is somehow beyond dislike..or flawless. I just don't get it.

picasso
1/10/2012, 09:24 PM
OK Dad. I never said I particularly like him but I tend to think that most dudes who dislike him have bigger issues themselves.

Crimsontothecore
1/10/2012, 09:43 PM
OK Dad. I never said I particularly like him but I tend to think that most dudes who dislike him have bigger issues themselves.

wow, so anyone who dislikes Tebow must have issues? Please enlighten me on why you feel this way? This is just too amazing.

Scott D
1/10/2012, 09:54 PM
So I can assume that it annoyed you just as much to see all the Sooners running to the endzone prior to the games and taking a knee (to pray)??

I'm guessing it didn't. Praying before/after/during football games has been around as long as the game has. The only difference is that Tebow has made his religion very public (I don't even know that he's made it as public as the media has). Whether I agree with his religion has absolutely no bearing on me being a fan of the player.

You do have to admit this year has been kind of like a Disney movie for Tebow. He finally gets his chance to start and a losing team goes on an unbelievable run, then things start to fall apart and the team starts to lose...and it comes down to the win or go home game, and they pull it out. We've all seen it a hundred times.

Oh, and if you don't LOVE Tebow, you don't LOVE God! ;)

Don't give Disney any muhfuggin ideas. :mad:

SoonerPride
1/10/2012, 10:10 PM
I am tried of hearing about him because people act as if he is a saint.
If you don't worship him, they act as if something is wrong with you.
I actually couldn't care less about him or Denver.
I guess that makes me anti-jesus or something.
I don't get all the Tebow infatuation.
He's a football player.
That's it.
The end.

badger
1/11/2012, 09:47 AM
Good lord Badger! Another lost bet I assume? Please stop betting before you have to paint yourself orange. I was hoping we had seen the last of your aggie avatar and sig.

Yes, but there's another thread going on that here at the football board (even though this was a basketball bet obviously) so I'll just leave that banter over there. I'll be back to normal Saturday when Sherri's team beats the Lady Pokes (that sounds dirty).

Not at all... but then again, I like the Sooners and probably have already decided in my mind that I don't like Tebow, because he's not a Sooner alum, nor is he a Packer. I thought it was funny when Q Carter "Tebowed" after a Bronco win :)

Sounds kind of staged, doesn't it, like we're all just a big gullible audience watching a well-scripted feel-good story... wouldn't it be crazy if it turned out that these games were all fixed just to promote the Tebow Time crap? Yes, I'm joking. The NFL has no problem getting butts in seats and eyeballs to TVs and doesn't need to have refs fix games like the NBA does to keep stars on TV and big market teams winning.

Pricetag
1/11/2012, 12:41 PM
This is why I hate Tim Tebow. You should, too.

gAIQWzW1MIc

Crimsontothecore
1/11/2012, 01:34 PM
I think we should turn the tables here. Why don't all you Tebow lovers show the same admiration for other christian NFL players? Surely you realize he's not the only christian pro athlete. Why all the love for him and not the others? Don't hold it against them just because they aren't shallow, attention addicts who pray for a good game.

8timechamps
1/11/2012, 03:19 PM
I think we should turn the tables here. Why don't all you Tebow lovers show the same admiration for other christian NFL players? Surely you realize he's not the only christian pro athlete. Why all the love for him and not the others? Don't hold it against them just because they aren't shallow, attention addicts who pray for a good game.

I think you're missing my point. I never declared myself as a Tebow "lover". I have been a Bronco fan for as long as I can remember, and the past several years have really sucked for us. When the Bronco's drafted Tebow in the first round, I thought it was a bat-**** crazy pick. I didn't like Tebow because of the media. Now, as a Bronco fan, I've paid a lot of attention to the guy and have become a fan (not to be confused with a disciple). Like I said earlier in this thread, his religion has nothing to do with why I am a fan. I'm a fan of the way he plays the game.

My question is about the "hate", and yes there is a lot of "hate". Maybe not nationally, but I can assure you here in Denver there is "hate" for the kid. My question is why? He's not alone, there are people that hate Ndamukong Suh and James Harrison, but I generally understand why there is some hatred of those players. Tebow, not so much.

So, in other words, I'm not asking why you may or may not "dislike" the guy, I'm asking if you "hate" him, why?

8timechamps
1/11/2012, 03:21 PM
Sounds kind of staged, doesn't it, like we're all just a big gullible audience watching a well-scripted feel-good story... wouldn't it be crazy if it turned out that these games were all fixed just to promote the Tebow Time crap? Yes, I'm joking. The NFL has no problem getting butts in seats and eyeballs to TVs and doesn't need to have refs fix games like the NBA does to keep stars on TV and big market teams winning.

I was just thinking that the Bronco brass are in a pretty good position, Tebow has been able to win despite not doing it the traditional way, and he's great for selling tickets...which, afterall is the bottom line.

TUSooner
1/11/2012, 03:33 PM
I kinda like the guy these days, but it's despite his religious demonstrations. I do not really disagree with his general religious view, though I do not necessarily share it in every simplistic respect either. (A long discussion could ensue at this point, but it won't.) Tim's frequent, no, constant, and seemingly fullsome mention of Jesus Christ is annoying in the same way it would be for a guy to remind me in every interview that he really loves his mother or his wife. Y'know, we get it, OK? I think it cheapens Jesus, and risks making Jesus seem like just a sports-loving Santa Claus in some peoples' eyes. But... Tim's praise may give someone else inspiration or courage to live a better, happier life, so it doesn't really bug me all that much. I admire the virtues of never giving up and always having a gracious word, and I do not doubt his sincerity.

8timechamps
1/11/2012, 03:42 PM
I kinda like the guy these days, but it's despite his religious demonstrations. I do not really disagree with his general religious view, though I do not necessarily share it in every simplistic respect either. (A long discussion could ensue at this point, but it won't.) Tim's frequent, no, constant, and seemingly fullsome mention of Jesus Christ is annoying in the same way it would be for a guy to remind me in every interview that he really loves his mother or his wife. Y'know, we get it, OK? I think it cheapens Jesus, and risks making Jesus seem like just a sports-loving Santa Claus in some peoples' eyes. But... Tim's praise may give someone else inspiration or courage to live a better, happier life, so it doesn't really bug me all that much. I admire the virtues of never giving up and always having a gracious word, and I do not doubt his sincerity.

That's pretty much how I feel. I'm a fan of the way he plays, not because he open with his religion. And it's not that he's open as much as he (as you said) constantly mentions it. A local sports talk show ran an interview with him, and bleeped out every time he mentioned Jesus or God (in an attempt to be funny), and it was funny. Kinda like a movie that bleeps out all the bad words.

sooneron
1/11/2012, 03:44 PM
He'll definitely have more than earned his due if he and the Broncos can pull off an upset like that. I won't be putting money on Tebow in this one however, so I think he deserves the due now. I can understand that you don't wish to give him any until he parts the Red Sea.....lol

NO, parting the Red Sea for him would be 60% passing completion and a qb rating over 90. Like I said previously, he hasn't beaten a team that could be considered better than pretty good this year.

badger
1/11/2012, 03:46 PM
I was just thinking that the Bronco brass are in a pretty good position, Tebow has been able to win despite not doing it the traditional way, and he's great for selling tickets...which, afterall is the bottom line.

Someone should hijack the Bronco jumbotron so that the dum dum fans yell "IN! COM! PLETE!" after Tebow passes instead of the opposition's :D

You would laugh. You know you would.

Crimsontothecore
1/11/2012, 04:23 PM
I think you're missing my point. I never declared myself as a Tebow "lover". I have been a Bronco fan for as long as I can remember, and the past several years have really sucked for us. When the Bronco's drafted Tebow in the first round, I thought it was a bat-**** crazy pick. I didn't like Tebow because of the media. Now, as a Bronco fan, I've paid a lot of attention to the guy and have become a fan (not to be confused with a disciple). Like I said earlier in this thread, his religion has nothing to do with why I am a fan. I'm a fan of the way he plays the game.

My question is about the "hate", and yes there is a lot of "hate". Maybe not nationally, but I can assure you here in Denver there is "hate" for the kid. My question is why? He's not alone, there are people that hate Ndamukong Suh and James Harrison, but I generally understand why there is some hatred of those players. Tebow, not so much.

So, in other words, I'm not asking why you may or may not "dislike" the guy, I'm asking if you "hate" him, why?

I hear ya. I absolutely do not "hate" Tebow but I do not admire him as others do. My comments in this thread are based on the fact that so many in the media seem offended by those of us who don't worship the guy. I've heard Jim Traber bash people who don't like Tebow. Just a few weeks ago the morning host (?) on the Tulsa Sports Animal went on a tirade because some callers failed to gush over Tebow. He even went as far as to say that people who don't like him are simply jealous because he lives his life the way we know we should. That blew me away.

While you are curious about what you perceive as "hate", I am equally curious about what I perceive as worship. Liking a player is one thing but many have taken their "like" of Tebow to a disturbing level. I'll never forget the commentators remark during the '08 national title game when Tebow was flagged for unsportsmanlike after doing the chomp to the OU players. He said, "that may very well be the first thing that young man has ever done wrong". How scarey to think people really have that perception of another human being.

Pricetag
1/11/2012, 05:06 PM
I'll never forget the commentators remark during the '08 national title game when Tebow was flagged for unsportsmanlike after doing the chomp to the OU players. He said, "that may very well be the first thing that young man has ever done wrong". How scarey to think people really have that perception of another human being.
Yep, and that was just after the "spend 20 minutes with Tim Tebow, and you'll be a better person for it" comment. It was almost like the unsportsmanlike conduct happened to chastize the dude for saying something so ridiculous.

8timechamps
1/11/2012, 06:33 PM
Someone should hijack the Bronco jumbotron so that the dum dum fans yell "IN! COM! PLETE!" after Tebow passes instead of the opposition's :D

You would laugh. You know you would.

I would.

The "IN COM PLETE" thing was a hold-over from the old Mile High...just hasn't been the same in the new stadium. Of course, in the old Mile High, every time the crowd volume went up, it felt like the stadium was about to fall in on itself. Maybe it was the fear factor that I miss.

70sooner
1/11/2012, 06:45 PM
The "IN COM PLETE" thing was a hold-over from the old Mile High...just hasn't been the same in the new stadium. Of course, in the old Mile High, every time the crowd volume went up, it felt like the stadium was about to fall in on itself. Maybe it was the fear factor that I miss.

yep, there is no comparison between old Mile High and SA Field. Mile High would be literally shaking from the fans and the noise.

bluedogok
1/12/2012, 12:09 AM
We sat in some of the steel pan seats for the Bengals game and it shook, not like Mile High did but much more than other stadiums that I have been in.

Just as there are Tebow-haters you have the Tebowners on the other fringe, the ones who think any criticism of Tebow no matter how valid means you are just a hater, there is no discussing positives or negatives of his play because anything negative means that you hate him. Many of those Tebowners that I know have no religious affiliation, most just don't care about religion at all. Tebow's Christianity has no bearing on the their fervor for him.

bluedogok
1/12/2012, 01:09 AM
Here's a Teblow blog post that I ran across...

Barstools Sports - Could Tim Tebow Really Just Be the Antichrist? (http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/super-page/could-tim-tebow-really-just-be-the-antichrist/)

Crimsontothecore
1/12/2012, 08:38 AM

Barstools Sports - Could Tim Tebow Really Just Be the Antichrist? (http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/super-page/could-tim-tebow-really-just-be-the-antichrist/)

Ha, good stuff there. I'm not ready to buy into the whole antichrist thing though, too many people not buying into him for that to be the case.

TUSooner
1/12/2012, 08:49 AM

What better place to get your theology than a website called "Barstools"!? :biggrin:

olevetonahill
1/12/2012, 08:54 AM

Ya convinced ME bro

Scott D
1/12/2012, 11:44 AM
I hear ya. I absolutely do not "hate" Tebow but I do not admire him as others do. My comments in this thread are based on the fact that so many in the media seem offended by those of us who don't worship the guy. I've heard Jim Traber bash people who don't like Tebow. Just a few weeks ago the morning host (?) on the Tulsa Sports Animal went on a tirade because some callers failed to gush over Tebow. He even went as far as to say that people who don't like him are simply jealous because he lives his life the way we know we should. That blew me away.

While you are curious about what you perceive as "hate", I am equally curious about what I perceive as worship. Liking a player is one thing but many have taken their "like" of Tebow to a disturbing level. I'll never forget the commentators remark during the '08 national title game when Tebow was flagged for unsportsmanlike after doing the chomp to the OU players. He said, "that may very well be the first thing that young man has ever done wrong". How scarey to think people really have that perception of another human being.

To be fair, most of America expected Thom Brennaman to try to find a way into Tebow's hotel room to fellate him that night.

badger
1/13/2012, 12:47 PM
Just for fun and to distract from OU coaching rumors: TEBOW TIME!

http://www.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/157/2012/01/10/104274_600.jpg
http://www.bokbluster.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/111206bokloresj.jpg
http://www.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/132/2011/12/29/103759_600.jpg
http://www.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/95/2011/12/19/103222_600.jpg
http://www.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/132/2011/12/16/103133_600.jpg
http://www.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/16/2011/12/16/103093_600.jpg
http://www.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/56/2011/10/14/99344_600.jpg

:D

Seamus
1/13/2012, 12:56 PM
I don't hate Tim Tebow.

I do hate the fact I can't even go to a ****ing Oklahoma Sooners Football board without running into this nonsense.

Feels like a violation.

Scott D
1/13/2012, 05:43 PM
I'd appreciate if Timothy would quit Hershisering.

nighttrain12
1/14/2012, 01:31 AM
Why Tim Tebow has no girlfriend ... but plenty of options (wink, wink)

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201201/tim-tebow-admits-bad-habit

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KjzVuRt9giw/SWdA-1zs6aI/AAAAAAAAACA/Yf4tFOED4ps/s1600/tim-tebow-girl.jpg

nighttrain12
1/14/2012, 01:34 AM
http://www.jerseyjetsfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Tim-Tebow-e1321382136927.jpg

olevetonahill
1/14/2012, 01:36 AM
http://www.jerseyjetsfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Tim-Tebow-e1321382136927.jpg

Now I got to wonder, When he gets his azz beat tomorrow will he be a crying on the side lines or Thankin God

OhU1
1/19/2012, 09:28 PM
Tebow has a shot at Lindsey Vonn and he won't take it? I'm sorry, that's gay.