PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most hatable in DEN v PIT?

Jason White's Third Knee
1/8/2012, 07:17 PM
Is it the the the hypes home Tebow? Is it the cheap shotting Polomalu? Raplesberger?

soonerinabilene
1/8/2012, 07:51 PM
James Harrison. After all the fines from going to the head of a wr, he changed it up today and destroyed Eric Deckers knee.

StoopTroup
1/8/2012, 07:53 PM
I'm going with Scam Newton and the Pathers for 500 Alex.

GDC
1/8/2012, 08:04 PM
Phil Simms

Jason White's Third Knee
1/8/2012, 08:09 PM
Stupid new OT rule.

StoopTroup
1/8/2012, 08:14 PM
Stupid new OT rule.

At least they had 15 minute unlimited quarters.....ROTFLMFAO

BoulderSooner79
1/8/2012, 08:35 PM
Stupid new OT rule.

Rule wasn't even a factor - would have been a win under the old rule. You wanted a different stupid new rule?

mdklatt
1/8/2012, 08:57 PM
Rapelisberger (allegedly).

70sooner
1/8/2012, 09:02 PM
Rule wasn't even a factor - would have been a win under the old rule. You wanted a different stupid new rule?

BINGO!~

C&CDean
1/8/2012, 09:05 PM
I almost Tebowed. Almost.

BoulderSooner79
1/8/2012, 09:28 PM

BINGO!~

I was for any rule that eliminated the Steelers. New or old worked just fine :D:D

bluedogok
1/8/2012, 09:30 PM
Rapelisberger (allegedly).
On the marquee at Boone's Tavern near the DU campus on Friday.

Careful ladies
Big Ben is coming to town

I was for any rule that eliminated the Steelers. New or old worked just fine :D:D
I agree, any time they lose it's a good thing.

E-Town
1/8/2012, 09:43 PM
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/e-town_/timtebow.jpg

sooneredaco
1/8/2012, 09:48 PM
See? Jesus took a few weeks off for his birthday and Denver lost a couple of games. He's back on the clock now. Denver starts winning dramatically again!! ;)

70sooner
1/8/2012, 09:52 PM
http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-293712/cache/sBRONCOS_STEELERS_ADO5180xx.sjpg_900_540_0_95_1_50 _50.sjpg?1326077205

LesNessman
1/8/2012, 10:55 PM
Broncos played a little bit better and got the win. And no hate for Tebow here. Couldn't stand him at Florida, but like the story line now, even after beating Pittsburgh. Denver defense deserves most of the credit though.

The Steelers kind of reminded me of the Sooners of recent times; scads of injured starters, but they still had a decent chance to win. I guess they will have to wait one more year for their shot at # 7.

Skysooner
1/8/2012, 11:18 PM
Guys. This was a team that was in total meltdown. They put in Tebow. I live in Denver now and hated the thought of him leading the team. I thought he was an atrocious QB. He went 10-21 for 316 yards. 32 yards per pass completion. He is 8-3 as a starter. This might be the biggest turnaround in NFL history. While they will get hammered next weekend, give the kid his due.

StoopTroup
1/8/2012, 11:29 PM
Guys. This was a team that was in total meltdown. They put in Tebow. I live in Denver now and hated the thought of him leading the team. I thought he was an atrocious QB. He went 10-21 for 316 yards. 32 yards per pass completion. He is 8-3 as a starter. This might be the biggest turnaround in NFL history. While they will get hammered next weekend, give the kid his due.

Good post and definitely a good way to look at it that leaves out his beliefs as a Christian. The guy just won a Wild Card game against the Steelers and he did it in OT on the first snap of the ball in OT and it went for 80 yards with a very nice throw. He's proving everyone including me that he can play in the NFL. Not that disproving me was a big deal but the Past NFL Players and Coaches who have watched him these past years...he's proving all of them and his own Coaches in Denver wrong.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/8/2012, 11:47 PM
Stupid new OT rule.

Yes. A fair shake. One possession each.

Dang it.

StoopTroup
1/8/2012, 11:53 PM
In all fairness....they did kind of throw up the new rules and expect you to absorb it all in 2 minutes. I never heard much about it changing until I saw it flashed on the TV. I paused the Screen and tried to soak it in. I didn't see a whole lot that seemed to jump right out at me and start to pose WTH questions.

StoopTroup
1/8/2012, 11:54 PM
That cheerleader looks hawt.

http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-293712/cache/sBRONCOS_STEELERS_ADO5180xx.sjpg_900_540_0_95_1_50 _50.sjpg?1326077205

StoopTroup
1/8/2012, 11:56 PM
http://prod.static.broncos.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/custom-images/780x340_cheerleaders_2011.jpg

StoopTroup
1/8/2012, 11:58 PM
Here they are in their chaps....lol

http://www.broncos24x7.com/images/gallery_photos/large/223/Denver_Broncos_Cheerleaders__36_-755870.jpg

oumartin
1/9/2012, 12:00 AM
Good post and definitely a good way to look at it that leaves out his beliefs as a Christian. The guy just won a Wild Card game against the Steelers and he did it in OT on the first snap of the ball in OT and it went for 80 yards with a very nice throw. He's proving everyone including me that he can't play in the NFL. Not that disproving me was a big deal but the Past NFL Players and Coaches who have watched him these past years...he's proving all of them and his own Coaches in Denver wrong.

you said hes proving he can't play!

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 12:07 AM
you said hes proving he can't play!

Just tired. Plus i was surfing the Cheerleader stuff.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/9/2012, 12:39 AM
I almost Tebowed. Almost.Do you have the new Tebow app? It's available from your neighborhood Tebow store.

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 12:44 AM
Do you have the new Tebow app? It's available from your neighborhood Tebow store.

HEH

http://www.androidcentral.com/tags/tim-tebow-app

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 12:46 AM
SuperMan wears Tim Tebow Pajamas. So does Lou Holtz.
Tim Tebow can touch MC Hammer
Tim Tebow doesn’t have an offseason. The NFL has an offseason from Tim Tebow.
Tim Tebow gets called for roughing the tackler.
You can lead a horse to water, but Tim Tebow can make him drink.
Tim Tebow doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.
And Tim Tebow doesn’t wait for Apple approval, he tells them when a Tim Tebow app goes in the App Store

http://isource.com/2011/12/12/tim-tebow-has-approved-a-tim-tebow-app-for-the-app-store/

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2012, 01:30 AM
In all fairness....they did kind of throw up the new rules and expect you to absorb it all in 2 minutes. I never heard much about it changing until I saw it flashed on the TV. I paused the Screen and tried to soak it in. I didn't see a whole lot that seemed to jump right out at me and start to pose WTH questions.

Again, the new rule didn't kick in. The new rule was aimed to eliminate the coin toss advantage that allows a FG by the team winning the toss to win the game. The spirit of the change was that FG are too easy to get because a team doesn't even have to negotiate the redzone. But if the team on defense can't stop a TD, then too bad - the other team earned it. I think the rule went in last year, but there were no OT games in the playoffs. They also had the rule in preseason.

I think this rule is a huge improvement over the old rule for such a subtle change. It may have impacted today's game because the Broncos were much more likely to try to score a TD and be aggressive knowing that Steelers would get a possession if they only scored a FG. Not sure they call that pass play on 1st down under the old rule. They would more likely try to be conservative and grind it out to try to get the FG.

StoopTroup
1/9/2012, 01:43 AM
Again, the new rule didn't kick in. The new rule was aimed to eliminate the coin toss advantage that allows a FG by the team winning the toss to win the game. The spirit of the change was that FG are too easy to get because a team doesn't even have to negotiate the redzone. But if the team on defense can't stop a TD, then too bad - the other team earned it. I think the rule went in last year, but there were no OT games in the playoffs. They also had the rule in preseason.

I think this rule is a huge improvement over the old rule for such a subtle change. It may have impacted today's game because the Broncos were much more likely to try to score a TD and be aggressive knowing that Steelers would get a possession if they only scored a FG. Not sure they call that pass play on 1st down under the old rule. They would more likely try to be conservative and grind it out to try to get the FG.

I agree. I didn't like seeing the games end with a FG either. They might as well just decided them with the coin flip IMO. I'm glad the rule changed but I wonder if the Steeler Defense might have not understood that if they let the Tebow score a TD....they didn't get a chance to tie it?

Wouldn't that be something if secretly they didn't run the guy down harder as they thought Ben would get a chance to tie it?

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2012, 11:00 AM
I agree. I didn't like seeing the games end with a FG either. They might as well just decided them with the coin flip IMO. I'm glad the rule changed but I wonder if the Steeler Defense might have not understood that if they let the Tebow score a TD....they didn't get a chance to tie it?

They knew.

SoonerorLater
1/9/2012, 11:06 AM
What if Tim Tebow and Chuck Norris got into a fight?

Jason White's Third Knee
1/9/2012, 01:58 PM
What if Tim Tebow and Chuck Norris got into a fight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

SoonerAtKU
1/9/2012, 02:10 PM
I knew that was the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny even before I tried it.

Also, the most hated is still the guy that has molested multiple women and gotten away with it.

kbsooner21
1/9/2012, 02:15 PM
James Harrison. After all the fines from going to the head of a wr, he changed it up today and destroyed Eric Deckers knee.

What is he supposed to do exactly? Not tackle the guy?

NMSooner'80
1/9/2012, 03:19 PM
I'm not really a Denver fan, but hating the Steelers comes easy for me. In Albuquerque, the "Steeler Nation" on talk radio was brutal on Barry Switzer (and to an extent, OU) when he got the job, then started beating Pittsburgh head-to-head. All that did was make them that much more obnoxious about morality (sort of like KU basketball fans of the 80's, or UT fans since they finally integrated their team in '71 and assumed all Blacks from Texas who went elsewhere were getting money from OU and others). I also hate it that they act like they're too good to be college football fans, in a college down no less (even when the Lobos were decent, circa 1996-2008, the NFL jock-sniffers wouldn't dream of lowering themselves to support the local team).

Curly Bill
1/9/2012, 03:24 PM
What is he supposed to do exactly? Not tackle the guy?

In todays's NFL...pretty much yeah.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/9/2012, 06:34 PM
I knew that was the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny even before I tried it.

t.

Mr know it all. Pfft.

bluedogok
1/9/2012, 11:20 PM
The Steeler defense was out smarted on the overtime play, they had been bringing the safeties down into the box on first down all day long to stop the run and the majority of the game the Broncos ran the ball. McCoy figured they would do the same in OT so they came out in a run formation and sure enough the safeties crept down to about 5-7 yards from the line of scrimmage. That left the corners with an over/under coverage on Thomas and they busted that coverage as well. They used the Steelers defensive scheme against them, this time they were able to execute the play, game over. The OT rules had nothing to do with what defense the Steelers ran, it was what they had been doing all day, that is why most of the pass plays were over the top and some ended up as big strikes.