PDA

View Full Version : What's so hot about Irven Box?

cleller
1/6/2012, 07:47 PM
This attorney is on the OKC news more than the mayor. I'd heard his name a lot over the years, but he really sprang to the forefront during the Jerome Ersland trial. He's also "legal expert" for one of the TV stations, etc. Now, the husband of the missing woman from Blanchard has hired him. Obviously, he's a big name in the criminal law world for Oklahoma County.

What mystifies me is that after the Ersland trial, why are folks still so enamored with him? Ersland could have not spent a cent on lawyers and got no worse an outcome.

When will people learn? You better call Saul.

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

85Sooner
1/6/2012, 10:05 PM
He is an ******* and no one should give him a dime of their money. Yes...he was my attorney and it was one of the worst decisions I have ever made.... any time I questioned what he was doing.... he told me I did not know what I was talking about and I DID KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT..... hope the man burns in hell.................

cleller
1/6/2012, 10:34 PM
He is an ******* and no one should give him a dime of their money. Yes...he was my attorney and it was one of the worst decisions I have ever made.... any time I questioned what he was doing.... he told me I did not know what I was talking about and I DID KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT..... hope the man burns in hell.................

So...not a fan?

olevetonahill
1/6/2012, 10:53 PM
I was confused there fer a minute er tow thought yas was Talkin about Ileanes BOX

Midtowner
1/6/2012, 10:59 PM
LOL... no comment...

olevetonahill
1/6/2012, 11:11 PM
LOL... no comment...:smiley_simmons:

cccasooner2
1/6/2012, 11:13 PM

Sounds like you hired Freddy Riedenschneider.

nighttrain12
1/7/2012, 02:45 AM
What mystifies me is that after the Ersland trial, why are folks still so enamored with him? Ersland could have not spent a cent on lawyers and got no worse an outcome.

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

Not quite, Ersland could have got the death penalty for that cold blooded killing of a defenseless kid. Box saved Ersland's life.

Midtowner
1/7/2012, 08:54 AM
Not quite, Ersland could have got the death penalty for that cold blooded killing of a defenseless kid. Box saved Ersland's life.

He might have gotten an acquittal if he'd stayed off of Fox News and not given interviews where his client fibbed. Also, going after every judge assigned to the case in such a personal way probably didn't help either.

cleller
1/7/2012, 08:59 AM
The ski mask and armed robbery business kinda mars the "defenseless kid" image.

Condescending Sooner
1/9/2012, 10:55 AM
Box's efforts in the Ersland trial was a joke. He seemed more concerned about his publicity than his client. Most of his motions made little sense, and he called one witness. He tried to get a judge removed because he was "racist". If you are defending a white guy that shot a black kid, wouldn't you want a racist judge?

Taxman71
1/9/2012, 01:28 PM
"What's so hot about Irven Box?"He wears Air Jordans with his suit in court, seriously. Didn't Fat Jack buy his house in Norman a few years back?

stoopified
1/9/2012, 04:47 PM
This attorney is on the OKC news more than the mayor. I'd heard his name a lot over the years, but he really sprang to the forefront during the Jerome Ersland trial. He's also "legal expert" for one of the TV stations, etc. Now, the husband of the missing woman from Blanchard has hired him. Obviously, he's a big name in the criminal law world for Oklahoma County.

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/Box has been around a long time and has got a lot of guilty people off scott-free.As a former law enforcement officer,I can't stand him.However if I were facing felony charges I hope I could afford him.

nighttrain12
1/9/2012, 10:13 PM
Box's efforts in the Ersland trial was a joke. He seemed more concerned about his publicity than his client. Most of his motions made little sense, and he called one witness. He tried to get a judge removed because he was "racist". If you are defending a white guy that shot a black kid, wouldn't you want a racist judge?

He was probably just delaying the trial as long as possible while his client was out on bail because he pretty well knew he would be found guilty and not stay out on bail while appealing the conviction. He gave Ersland a little bit more freedom as he will very likely die in prison now (in the next 5 years).

What he should have done is focused more on the condition on the critically injured robber that Ersland shot over and over again. How does anyone really know if he was (barely) alive or not at that point? They had earlier conflicting information from different people who performed the autopsy about that important fact but based on what I read in the media, they only relied on the one prosecution witness on that and of course he was going to say he was still (barely) alive. If Ersland wasn't such a pathological liar, he could have got on the witness stand and claimed he saw the robber try to get back up (still out of camera range) and he had to shoot him again.

Midtowner
1/9/2012, 10:19 PM
He was probably just delaying the trial as long as possible while his client was out on bail because he pretty well knew he would be found guilty and not stay out on bail while appealing the conviction. He gave Ersland a little bit more freedom as he will very likely die in prison now (in the next 5 years).

What he should have done is focused more on the condition on the critically injured robber that Ersland shot over and over again. How does anyone really know if he was (barely) alive or not at that point? They had earlier conflicting information from different people who performed the autopsy about that important fact but based on what I read in the media, they only relied on the one prosecution witness on that and of course he was going to say he was still (barely) alive. If Ersland wasn't such a pathological liar, he could have got on the witness stand and claimed he saw the robber try to get back up (still out of camera range) and he had to shoot him again.

The forensics showed that Parker wasn't moving enough to cause blood smearing and that his heart was beating at the time he was shot the last five times as evidence by the bleeding. If those last five shots even just hastened an inevitable death, that's murder.

Midtowner
1/9/2012, 10:20 PM

The D.A. never put the death penalty on the table. Box had nothing to do with that.

C&CDean
1/12/2012, 08:54 PM
Just saw him reppin the dead, fat whore's hubby. Whatever...

nighttrain12
1/12/2012, 09:17 PM
Just saw him reppin the dead, fat whore's hubby. Whatever...

Hey, somebody has to represent them. Even OJ deserved a lawyer.

Viking Kitten
1/12/2012, 09:19 PM
I am not so sure about the whore part of that. I did a bit of Internet snooping on the girl because I was interested in the story, and there is just nothing about her online presence that gives off a real hooker vibe. She sells homemade baby hats for charity, lists Christian music and books among her hobbies and interests, shows pictures of her tidy little home and kids with crafty, patriotic stuff all over the walls and talk about her dreams of being a doctor. While I recognize this could all be cover up for a seriously f**ked up double life, I think it's just as easy to speculate that hubby killed her and made up the prostitute part to make her look bad. Who the hell knows? It's going to be an interesting one, that's for sure.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/13/2012, 07:57 AM
I am not so sure about the whore part of that. I did a bit of Internet snooping on the girl because I was interested in the story, and there is just nothing about her online presence that gives off a real hooker vibe. She sells homemade baby hats for charity, lists Christian music and books among her hobbies and interests, shows pictures of her tidy little home and kids with crafty, patriotic stuff all over the walls and talk about her dreams of being a doctor. While I recognize this could all be cover up for a seriously f**ked up double life, I think it's just as easy to speculate that hubby killed her and made up the prostitute part to make her look bad. Who the hell knows? It's going to be an interesting one, that's for sure.I've speculated that he was the killer for a while.

Viking Kitten
1/13/2012, 12:01 PM
Yeah, so have the police apparently. Especially since he's already been caught in a couple of lies and somehow felt the need to hire a well known defense attorney.

MamaMia
1/18/2012, 06:48 AM
I worked as a private investigator on a case with Mr. Box. I was hired by his clients from a referral. His usual investigator worked for him on a contract labor type basis. I had many conversations with him at C.L.E.E.T. and continuing ed classes. He was an arrogant 'good ole boy' type of investigator. He still owes me over $4000.00 on an arson case I worked for him after I had won that particular case for Mr. Box. Technically, it ended with a hung jury and the DA decided not to refile.

95% of the questions Mr. Box asked of all of the witnesses, and the 'real' guilty party, during depositions and at trial, were questions that I came up with and had my secretary type out in large separated bold print. During jury selection, of which my agency coordinated, I couldn't help but realize that Mr. Box had very poor eyesight. Our client may still be in jail for manslaughter had I not of been hired for that case. Mr. Box was completely disinterested and unprepared. Behind the scenes, he didn't even bother to ask what my agencies findings were; not a phone call one. I soon discovered that Mr. Box, nor any member of his firm had any type of a plan of action to defend this innocent young man. So I ended up doing his job for him.

I did receive payment and a thank you from this young defendant and his family, but not even a hand shake, a word of thanks, or a glance in my direction after the 4 day trial, from one Mr. Box. He simply walked out of the room after he said his good byes and whatever else to his client.

I was almost positive that the inadequate investigator Mr. Box had would promptly be replaced by my agency and staff given his losing record and our great defense, however, it was not to be. I had developed a good relationship with one of his Law firms associates who informed me that Mr. Box had a wife who was very insecure about having me, or certain other females such as myself, around her husband. Nothing could have been more ridiculous in that I had absolutely no designs on her husband whatsoever and had never done or said anything to make her think otherwise.