PDA

View Full Version : Who will be our non-conference next year?

PDXsooner
1/6/2012, 11:52 AM
Outside of Notre Dame at home, it looks like we have 2 open spots. Anyone know who we're looking to line up?

Mississippi Sooner
1/6/2012, 12:19 PM
Supposedly they are working on a home and home with Central Florida, but I don't know where that stands right now.

Sooners78
1/6/2012, 02:16 PM
Supposedly they are working on a home and home with Central Florida, but I don't know where that stands right now.

Road trip to Orlando could be fun. I haven't been back since living there for a year in 95 in the Navy. It wasn't a great place to live, but visiting might be nice.

8timechamps
1/6/2012, 04:17 PM
Last I read (think it was Travis Haney), the UCF deal was up in the air. This WVU thing needs to get figured out so that we can proceed with conference scheduling. If the UCF thing falls through, then I suspect we'll end up scheduling a cream puff, which isn't such a bad thing given the strength of our schedule next season (including ND).

EatLeadCommie
1/6/2012, 04:41 PM
When does our home and home start with Tennessee? I thought that was next year...

SoonerNomad
1/6/2012, 04:46 PM
Tennessee begins in 2014 according to this website.

And of course, TCU is no longer a non-conference game.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/oklahoma_future.htm

SoonerNomad
1/6/2012, 04:48 PM
Soonerstats has a good look at future schedules as well.

http://www.soonerstats.com/football/seasons/schedule.cfm?seasonid=2012

MHSooner
1/6/2012, 07:16 PM
A deal for a home and home with Rutgers is rumored to be in the works. OU is apparently insisting the game be played at the Giants new stadium vice on the Rutgers Stadium. Would be a nice away game.

http://www.metlifestadium.com/

:very_drunk:

Russ
1/6/2012, 11:33 PM
A deal for a home and home with Rutgers is rumored to be in the works. We will see.

Sounds like a game worthy of the lhn. Pathetic.

ouwasp
1/7/2012, 12:53 AM
I hope Joe thinks long and hard before adding a non-con game to any team from Utah. Maybe Duke would be one to look into. Or some SEC dog like Kentucky.

sooneron
1/7/2012, 09:57 AM
A deal for a home and home with Rutgers is rumored to be in the works. We will see.

Works for me! :D You guys can stay at my house!

Eielson
1/7/2012, 10:10 AM
Last I read (think it was Travis Haney), the UCF deal was up in the air. This WVU thing needs to get figured out so that we can proceed with conference scheduling. If the UCF thing falls through, then I suspect we'll end up scheduling a cream puff, which isn't such a bad thing given the strength of our schedule next season (including ND).

We definitely need to start with a cream puff. Landry is a slow-starter.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/7/2012, 03:55 PM
We definitely need to start with a cream puff. Landry is a slow-starter.

When they were non-conf, we originally had TCU as the opening opponent.... and on the road at that. TCU wanted to open the renovated (really, re-built) stadium with a marquee opponent. It's not a sure thing that the game will be moved, but rather just be a conf game now. If that's the case it would be a pretty stout opener for both teams. And frankly, I hope it isn't. The team needs to get its feet under it and, I agree, build some confidence early for what looks to be a pretty brutal schedule.

But it's still up in the air with the conference. Last statement on Big XII scheduling I saw was that all options are being considered, including moving OU-TCU... and even potentially moving location. I just hope we don't end up having to play both TCU and WVU on the road.

I'm hoping it is worked out that WVU comes to Norman. My guess is we end up going to KU for a second year in a row as the schedule is reshuffled again.

If that does indeed happen, consider our home schedule: Kansas State, West Virginia, Notre Dame, Baylor, and oSu. Considering the state of each of those teams that may be one of the best lineups in school history. Hope the guys learned their lesson this year that there are no letdown games.