PDA

View Full Version : ROLL ON - You Big Ole Nasty RED TIDE, YOU!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/6/2012, 12:23 AM
Roll on back to Tusk-a-loosa with yer tails tucked between yer laigs, that is...

GO TIGAHBAITS!!!

You don't really need that 789th Nat. Championship, anyway.

Eielson
1/6/2012, 12:25 AM
I am absolutely, 100% cheering for Alabama.

1/6/2012, 12:29 AM
I am absolutely, 100% cheering for Alabama.Three programs have more NC's than the Sooners. bammer, usuc and domer.
If you can keep that in mind, and still pull for the bammers, well, phfft!

delhalew
1/6/2012, 12:32 AM
Three programs have more NC's than the Sooners. bammer, usuc and domer

Right. Bama has eight. Next time a bammer tries to tell you they have 13, slap them in their stupid faces, then remind them that one of those thirteen is for a year that they lost to the domers in their bowl game. Jaggoffs.

Eielson
1/6/2012, 12:33 AM
Three programs have more NC's than the Sooners. bammer, usuc and domer

Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that we have 7.

sooneron
1/6/2012, 12:34 AM
The thought of Lester getting another NC makes me want to barf.

1/6/2012, 12:37 AM
The thought of Lester getting another NC makes me want to barf.It would only be their 4th.

SicEmBaylor
1/6/2012, 12:38 AM
Agreed. Roll Tide!

Cheerin' 4 OU
1/6/2012, 12:50 AM
Roll Tide! The less LSU wins, the less I'll have to see Lester's face on my screen. Lawdy, I can't stand that man.

Frozen Sooner
1/6/2012, 02:23 AM
Right. Bama has eight. Next time a bammer tries to tell you they have 13, slap them in their stupid faces, then remind them that one of those thirteen is for a year that they lost to the domers in their bowl game. Jaggoffs.

One of our seven is a year we lost to Maryland in our bowl game.

WA. Sooner
1/6/2012, 04:22 AM
It's not that i am rooting for Alabama, it is that I am rooting against les miles

yermom
1/6/2012, 07:53 AM
Is it bad that I'm rooting against the levees?

oudavid1
1/6/2012, 08:46 AM
LSU. I am sick of playoff yapping, LSU is the best team.

oudanny
1/6/2012, 09:45 AM
ROLL DAMN TIDE!

KantoSooner
1/6/2012, 09:57 AM
I love Louisiana. I despise Lester and LSU. What I know of Alabama is neutral to negative. I like the Tide. Always have.
I'll be cheering for 'Bama on Monday.

PrideMom
1/6/2012, 10:08 AM
I am not even going to watch that game. They have already played this year at Alabama, that was Alabama's chance to beat LSU.

sooneredaco
1/6/2012, 10:09 AM
Eff 'Em Both! I doubt I even watch to be completely honest

oudavid1
1/6/2012, 10:11 AM
Eff 'Em Both! I doubt I even watch to be completely honest

I want to get really drunk and watch. And I dont drink.

LVSOONER15
1/6/2012, 10:12 AM

That's exaclty what I am doing.

soonervegas
1/6/2012, 10:53 AM
I will not watch one second......but I want LSU to pound them.

#1 I don't want this rematch crap to be rewarded with a split decision. (Just adding more fuel to the fire)

#2 LSU should have had wayyyy more than one title with the LA talent pool.....so this decade is just them making up for lost time.

oudavid1
1/6/2012, 10:57 AM
I will not watch one second......but I want LSU to pound them.

#1 I don't want this rematch crap to be rewarded with a split decision. (Just adding more fuel to the fire)

#2 LSU should have had wayyyy more than one title with the LA talent pool.....so this decade is just them making up for lost time.

This, I am still PRO-BCS.

rekamrettuB
1/6/2012, 11:19 AM
Three programs have more NC's than the Sooners. bammer, usuc and domer.
If you can keep that in mind, and still pull for the bammers, well, phfft!

So what sounds better to current recruits...we have 9/14 NCs total compared to OU's 7 or we have 3 in 9 years and they have zero? Both are obviously bad but 3 in 9 years probably sounds better. ROLL TIDE!!!

Sooners78
1/6/2012, 11:26 AM

55 season, we beat Maryland in the Orange Bowl. You're thinking of 50 season, we lost to Kentucky in the Orange Bowl after winning the national championship. 53 season, Maryland won the national championship, then lost to OU in the Orange Bowl.

At that time, bowls were like a vacation for the teams. Winning them wasn't important as far as the polls were concerned.

deweydw
1/6/2012, 11:33 AM
I'll watch the real NC game. Sam Houston State vs North Dakota State. This will be SHS's first NC game. Should be a good one.

budbarrybob
1/6/2012, 04:26 PM
I'll watch and hope the earth swallows them both.

1/6/2012, 04:33 PM
I am not even going to watch that game. They have already played this year at Alabama, that was Alabama's chance to beat LSU.If the bammers win the game on monday, they will be tied at 1 each. There should be a 3rd game, to determine the REAL Natl. Champion.

8timechamps
1/6/2012, 04:35 PM
If the bammers win the game on monday, there should be a 3rd game, to determine the REAL Natl. Champion.

How great would that be, if the Tide won and both schools decided to play a third game! I can dream at least.

rekamrettuB
1/6/2012, 04:55 PM
If the bammers win the game on monday, they will be tied at 1 each. There should be a 3rd game, to determine the REAL Natl. Champion.

I'm still waiting on the '88 Jayhawks to show up and play Mookie, King, and the boys.

8timechamps
1/6/2012, 05:01 PM
I'm still waiting on the '88 Jayhawks to show up and play Mookie, King, and the boys.

I thought we were 3-1 against them that year, no?

Sabanball
1/6/2012, 07:13 PM
If the bammers win the game on monday, they will be tied at 1 each. There should be a 3rd game, to determine the REAL Natl. Champion.

We(the SEC)proposed a "+1" playoff system several years ago and the Big 12 balked at it.

Frozen Sooner
1/6/2012, 07:18 PM
55 season, we beat Maryland in the Orange Bowl. You're thinking of 50 season, we lost to Kentucky in the Orange Bowl after winning the national championship. 53 season, Maryland won the national championship, then lost to OU in the Orange Bowl.

At that time, bowls were like a vacation for the teams. Winning them wasn't important as far as the polls were concerned.

You're right, of course. The point is still valid, however.

CowboyMRW
1/6/2012, 07:44 PM
Go LSU. I want LSU to absolutely destroy them. I want a shutout of Alabama and for LSU to score 56.

Sabanball
1/6/2012, 08:25 PM
Go LSU. I want LSU to absolutely destroy them. I want a shutout of Alabama and for LSU to score 56.

Typical cow college mentality. Your case for a share of the NC actually improves if WE win and the image of your program is enhanced. With an LSU victory, you have zero argument for anything.

Dumb***........

CowboyMRW
1/6/2012, 08:30 PM
Typical cow college mentality. Your case for a share of the NC actually improves if WE win. With an LSU victory, you have zero argument for anything.

Dumb***........

There will be no share for us. I already know this. Even if you win, many writers have said they will still vote for LSU. So, yea I am cheering for LSU

Sabanball
1/6/2012, 08:36 PM
There will be no share for us. I already know this. Even if you win, many writers have said they will still vote for LSU. So, yea I am cheering for LSU

I realize that this isn't animal husbandry and thus may be new to you, but if LSU wins the issue of who is best is totally settled(in most reasonable fans' minds). If Bama wins, you guys could actually continue the argument.

Rest assured though, barring Bama winning on a controversial call or a last second field goal, there will be no 'split NC' and the winner of this game will be recognized as the consensus NC.

CowboyMRW
1/6/2012, 09:05 PM
An Auburn, Tennessee and a Alabama student were all having lunch together on a bridge outside Birmingham. The Auburn student opens his lunch box and says, "A hotdog again! if i have to eat one more hotdog i'm going to jump off this bridge!"
The Tennessee student then opens his lunch box and exclaims, "Salad again! if i have to eat salad one more time i'm going to jump too!"
Lastly the Bama student opens his lunchbox and complains, "Peanut butter and jelly! if i get peanut butter and jelly one more time i'm going to end it all too!"
The next day the Auburn student finds another hotdog and jumps... the Tennessee student got salad again and threw himself off the bridge too... finally the Bama student finds peanut butter and jelly again and jumps to his demise as well.
Later when the three mothers were grieving the Auburn mother cries, "If i had only known he didn't like hotdogs," and the Tennessee mother cried, "I thought salad was good for him." The Bama mother then exclaimed, "I don't understand... he fixed his own lunch!"

Sabanball
1/6/2012, 09:35 PM
An Auburn, Tennessee and a Alabama student were all having lunch together on a bridge outside Birmingham. The Auburn student opens his lunch box and says, "A hotdog again! if i have to eat one more hotdog i'm going to jump off this bridge!"
The Tennessee student then opens his lunch box and exclaims, "Salad again! if i have to eat salad one more time i'm going to jump too!"
Lastly the Bama student opens his lunchbox and complains, "Peanut butter and jelly! if i get peanut butter and jelly one more time i'm going to end it all too!"
The next day the Auburn student finds another hotdog and jumps... the Tennessee student got salad again and threw himself off the bridge too... finally the Bama student finds peanut butter and jelly again and jumps to his demise as well.
Later when the three mothers were grieving the Auburn mother cries, "If i had only known he didn't like hotdogs," and the Tennessee mother cried, "I thought salad was good for him." The Bama mother then exclaimed, "I don't understand... he fixed his own lunch!"

I know there's a joke in there somewhere...;).

Thanks for being a good sport, Cowboy, but seriously, you guys shouldn't be mad at Bama because we got in the game and you didn't. We all agreed to let the current system of human and computer polls determine who does, and Bama had nothing to do with that. You all had a great team this year but I won't apologize for my Tide getting to NOLA over your Pokes--for every argument that you make FOR OSU, I can counter with another argument why Bama should be in it. I've long been a proponent of a playoff system or at least a "plus 1" and hopefully when all the commissioners meet soon we will take another step in that direction.

CowboyMRW
1/6/2012, 09:52 PM
Meh, I was upset for about 2 days after the votes were released. We've heard every single argument known to man for both teams so it's whatever. We had a great season, and barring an upset will finish #2 in the BCS. ESPN got what they wanted in the end.

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2012, 10:30 PM
Meh, I was upset for about 2 days after the votes were released. We've heard every single argument known to man for both teams so it's whatever. We had a great season, and barring an upset will finish #2 in the BCS. ESPN got what they wanted in the end.

And OSU fans got what they wanted too - they just may not know it. I've heard that BS about "I'd rather lose a BCS title game than win a lesser bowl". It ain't true - if you end the season on a loss, it bugs you for 8 months. Now it may be true that "I'd rather *play* in a BCS title than win a lesser bowl". But that's only because hope springs eternal and every fan thinks they will win. Pokes would not have beat LSU, so you win both ways. A Fiesta win over a highly respected team *and* you get to whine about being left out of the title game. Enjoy it.

BlownGP
1/6/2012, 10:52 PM
I hate this F'n title game.

I live in Baton Rouge so I will want to blow my brains out if LSU wins, but at the same time the bama fans on my car forum were calling a re-match the second after they lost to LSU. They think there's no way LSU can beat them twice...

so yeah. I've said this many times already. I want them both to lose.

Blue
1/6/2012, 11:13 PM
This, I am still PRO-BCS.

WHY?

3rdgensooner
1/6/2012, 11:31 PM
Roll on back to Tusk-a-loosa with yer tails tucked between yer laigs, that is...

GO TIGAHBAITS!!!

I will not be rooting for LSU. In fact, I can't imagine ever rooting for LSU. Well, I guess I might sort of nod in their general direction if they were playing Texas. But otherwise, no.

That being said, I think they've already made a strong argument for being the best team in the country and will split the title if 'Bama wins.

Blue
1/6/2012, 11:35 PM
I will not be rooting for LSU. In fact, I can't imagine ever rooting for LSU. Well, I guess I might sort of nod in their general direction if they were playing Texas. But otherwise, no.

That being said, I think they've already made a strong argument for being the best team in the country and will split the title if 'Bama wins.

So now we've gone from "You should still get into the title game even if you lose your conf champ game" to "Not only that you can lose your division and get into the title game. AND AND you can lose the title game and still win the Natl title!!"

I see your pt about lsu beating all comers but damn do see how stupid that sounds?

I really really hate this system.

3rdgensooner
1/6/2012, 11:55 PM
So now we've gone from "You should still get into the title game even if you lose your conf champ game" to "Not only that you can lose your division and get into the title game. AND AND you can lose the title game and still win the Natl title!!"

I see your pt about lsu beating all comers but damn do see how stupid that sounds?

Yes.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2012, 12:19 AM

No such thing as a split title anymore.

sooneredaco
1/7/2012, 12:22 AM
Playoffs? What are we talking about? Playoffs? We're talking about playoffs! Is that what we're talking about? Playoffs?

3rdgensooner
1/7/2012, 12:41 AM
No such thing as a split title anymore.I'm aware of the literal definition. That won't stop them from claiming it in that scenario.

delhalew
1/7/2012, 12:42 AM

Do you really want to go into detail on this. I don't. Anybody can look it up.

We claim BCS, and pre BCS AP awards. Anything else is just pathetic.

PLaw
1/7/2012, 10:18 AM
Seriously, who gives a rats a$$? Been there, done that. I'm boycotting espn until after their game on Monday. I truly hope it is the least watched title game ever. For me, cfb ended on Dec. 30 after the final gun on that game in Tempe and will not resume until national signing day.

Bummer

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2012, 12:35 PM
Seriously, who gives a rats a$$? Been there, done that. I'm boycotting espn until after their game on Monday. I truly hope it is the least watched title game ever...

Good luck with that. You should wish for something more positive like winning the lotto - and your odds would be similar.

Frozen Sooner
1/7/2012, 12:50 PM

Simply responding to the contention that Alabama claims a title in a year they lost their bowl game. So do we. I agree that claiming anything but an AP or Coaches pre-BCS, or BCS title is ridiculous, and argue with Bama fans about it once every couple of weeks.

champions77
1/8/2012, 10:33 PM

Most pukes hate Les Miles because he left them, would have probably crawled on his hands and knees to leave Stoolwater, so cheering for LSU seems a little odd.

Roll Tide Roll, where the classiest fans outside of Norman reside. If more OU fans had experienced game day in Tuscaloosa, there we be more of OU fans wanting OU to get in the SEC. Maybe Boren will get tired of being texas's b_tch someday and we can go to the SEC, where real football is played.

TulsaSooners
1/9/2012, 03:47 AM
Many OSU fans would be the first to tell you that they got exactly what they wanted. As it stands, Gundy is looking at a huge raise, and OSU won their first BCS bowl game. Getting beaten by 35 at the hands of LSU would have been far more disgraceful, even if they did play in the game. LSU torched Oregon, who drilled Stanford in Palo Alto, who should have probably beaten OSU. Likewise, OSU beat A&M by 1 point, who lost to Arky by a greater margin the week after Bama injured several Arky players, and Arky got annihilated by both Bama and LSU. Arky also looked far better against K-State than OSU did when OSU won in Stillwater after giving up 45 points to the Wildcats. Vegas had opened LSU as a 14 point fav over OSU (which would have gone far higher IMO), while Bama is now favored by 2.5 over LSU. The two best teams are undoubtedly in the game.

As for resumes, LSU would have a pretty good case with a close loss IMO. LSU would have drilled West Virginia in Morgantown, pounded Oregon in JerryWorld, and won the SEC Championship. LSU's resume would still be clearly greater than Bama's, with a H-2-H then standing at 1-1. If LSU stays within a TD and loses, overall resumes should absolutely be considered.

Frozen Sooner
1/9/2012, 10:21 AM
Never understood the argument that you'd rather win a consolation game than lose the championship.

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2012, 11:09 AM
Never understood the argument that you'd rather win a consolation game than lose the championship.

I never understood the argument you'd rather lose a championship than win <whatever>. Losing sucks. Of course, the key here is that the future is an unknown and all moron fans think they will win that championship even if they have no chance.

TUSooner
1/9/2012, 01:25 PM
Seriously, who gives a rats a$$? Been there, done that. I'm boycotting espn until after their game on Monday. I truly hope it is the least watched title game ever. For me, cfb ended on Dec. 30 after the final gun on that game in Tempe and will not resume until national signing day.

Bummer

This is pretty much how I feel about the season. I am glad I have a lot of books to read between now and next fall.

But I will proably watch the game because Mrs TU will want to. I even thought I could be for LSU for a change, because them winning would some how show that giving Bama a rematch and snubbing oSu was a mistake, or due to local New Orleans pride or whatever. But I am simply unable to do it! The thought of Les "Dr. Faustus" Miles and LSU with another home-game MNC, as well as the prospect of obnoxious tigerbaiters rejoicing for the next howevermany months makes me wanna grab the Pepto Bismol.

That being said, I am fully expecting an LSU victory, and by more than a touchdown. Based on the coaches' interviews, I see Bama as uptight and LSU as loose and confident. LSU will score early and get the crowd going. Bama will never be able to catch up, though they will make a game of it for awhile. The home crowd will not let Bama ever really keep any momentum. A Tyrann Mathieu play will be the coup de grace in the 4th Q.

Not a difficult prediction, but you saw it here first. This kinda **** almost makes me dislike college football.

jkjsooner
1/9/2012, 01:37 PM

The coaches' poll is just as relevant as the AP. Had we won the UPI/coaches' poll in 1974 and not the AP, plenty on here would be telling us about the validity of that poll.

To deny the importance placed on the coaches' poll is being a little self serving IMO.

That being said, the crap that Bama claims is nothing short of a joke.

1/9/2012, 02:10 PM
The coaches' poll is just as relevant as the AP. Had we won the UPI/coaches' poll in 1974 and not the AP, plenty on here would be telling us about the validity of that poll.

To deny the importance placed on the coaches' poll is being a little self serving IMO.

That being said, the crap that Bama claims is nothing short of a joke.That's how I always perceived it. AP and UPI counted as legit. The other polls didn't.

BayouSooner_1
1/9/2012, 02:45 PM
GEAUX

http://www.wallpaperhere.com/thumbnails/detail/20110701/LSU5.jpg

jkjsooner
1/9/2012, 05:36 PM
Simply responding to the contention that Alabama claims a title in a year they lost their bowl game. So do we. I agree that claiming anything but an AP or Coaches pre-BCS, or BCS title is ridiculous, and argue with Bama fans about it once every couple of weeks.

I think there's a point to questioning Bama's 1973 title. They lost in the Sugar Bowl that year to Notre Dame. At the time the AP was awarded after the bowl (and Notre Dame received it) but the UPI was awarded before the bowl.

I would say that that one is questionable to say the least.

Back in the early '60s and before, you can make an argument that the bowl games were just exhibition games. In 1973 you can't make that argument. Bama and ND were playing for the AP national title.

I've definitely defended the coaches' poll but in this one instance it was definitely tarnished. The fact that they changed the rules for the next year indicates that most people agreed.

But, I suppose if we're going to give credit to the coaches' poll then we have to credit Bama with this one. Those others? Nope.

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2012, 01:10 AM
Yep. That's kind of how I see it.

StoopTroup
1/10/2012, 01:51 AM
At 0:20 seconds into this one....Bama clearly shows they have a SoonerStormChaser...or a TideStormChaser as it may be called there.:D;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvyknw4VClE

Seamus
1/10/2012, 03:07 AM
LSU is the best team.

Or ... not?

TUSooner
1/10/2012, 07:43 AM

That being said, I am fully expecting an LSU victory, and by more than a touchdown. Based on the coaches' interviews, I see Bama as uptight and LSU as loose and confident. LSU will score early and get the crowd going. Bama will never be able to catch up, though they will make a game of it for awhile. The home crowd will not let Bama ever really keep any momentum. A Tyrann Mathieu play will be the coup de grace in the 4th Q.

I got that exactly wrong, and I am loving it. :)

BoulderSooner79
1/10/2012, 10:22 AM
LSU feasts on mistakes and when Bama didn't make any, they were lost. No big turnovers, no big kick returns allowed. And the LSU staff seemed incapable of making any adjustments. It appeared their whole offensive game plan was to base everything on a *successful* option scheme. When that didn't work, they had nothing. Their whole defensive scheme was to stop Richardson on 1st down. But 'Bama predicted that and based their offense on throwing on 1st down and LSU never adjusted. Stubbornness or stupidity?

hawaii 5-0
1/10/2012, 10:28 AM
It's awfully hard to bet against Nick Saban when he's already played a team and has more than a month to prepare his squad.

That's why I didn't.

5-0

LSUdeek
1/10/2012, 10:29 AM
1) Les Miles loves Jordan Jefferson
2) McCarron had the best game of his career, repeatedly hitting throws on the back or outside shoulder against tight man to man coverage downfield, something which he has never done, ever.
3) Jeremy Shelley made 5 of 7 field goal attempts

No special teams plays or turnovers == Alabama wins. Good game Alabama.

Breadburner
1/10/2012, 10:40 AM
"Let the good times Roll"....Tide.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevpks
1/10/2012, 10:43 AM
I'm so glad Bama won. LSU fans needed to get knocked down a peg or two. They seem to have thought they had an NFL squad this year. Bama would have just claimed the title regardless of the outcome, so a Bama win was the lesser of two evils.

sooneron
1/10/2012, 11:22 AM
It would only be their 4th.

This is ridiculous, pulling for that POS fanbase is *** backwards. Just because you want them stuck on 8 titles. **** LSU and **** LESTER!

1/10/2012, 12:29 PM
This is ridiculous, pulling for that POS fanbase is *** backwards. JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT THEM STUCK ON 8 TITLES! **** LSU and **** LESTER!Why yes, I did want them stuck on 8 titles, or 765, or whatever they claim to have. What seems ridiculous to me is why you preferred them to win another one.

BoulderSooner79
1/10/2012, 12:42 PM
Why yes, I did want them stuck on 8 titles, or 765, or whatever they claim to have. What seems ridiculous to me is why you preferred them to win another one.

What seems ridiculous to me is thinking anyones reasons for cheering some other team is ridiculous.

1/10/2012, 01:31 PM
What seems ridiculous to me is thinking anyones reasons for cheering some other team is ridiculous.It might even be ridiculous to ponder people's reasons for caring about sports?

BoulderSooner79
1/10/2012, 01:49 PM
It might even be ridiculous to ponder people's reasons for caring about sports?

That's beyond ridiculous and bordering on absurd.

;)

TUSooner
1/10/2012, 02:24 PM
I'm so glad Bama won. LSU fans needed to get knocked down a peg or two. They seem to have thought they had an NFL squad this year. Bama would have just claimed the title regardless of the outcome, so a Bama win was the lesser of two evils.

I don't necessarily enjoy seeing LSU fans being sad. But when LSU loses, their fans are practically human! Still, I am very, very, very happy today knowing that I will not have to tolerate a year of rah-rah "National Champion LSU TIGERS" horse poo.

S00ner4life
1/10/2012, 03:02 PM

OU claim's the 1950 Title even though they lost to Kentucky in the Orange Bowl. It's not necessarily right but it has happened from teams from back in the day, there's no real
point in debating it. I'm glad Alabama won even though I think Nick Saban is a sour puss.

I've seen both teams play before in my lifetime. I've always kind of considered Alabama to be a team I could root for underneath OU. I saw Alabama play earlier this year
against Ole Miss and I thought their fans were pretty gracious
overall probably because they have a great history of winning. The LSU fans are completely subhuman in my opinion. I went tothe 2004 Sugar Bowl when OU and LSU played and thought they were disgusting. After that game and that
experience which was a fun trip aside from the game and the fans I cannot bring myself to ever root for LSU ever again.

I'm glad Alabama who had one of the finest defenses I had ever seen in person played their best game last night and shut-out LSU. I'm glad to welcome them in the club with OU as the only teams to not allow a touchdown in a national title game in the BCS era.

1/10/2012, 04:48 PM
Ain't no team in the same club as OU, IMHPreferences.
Fave team: Da Sooners
2nd Fave: whichever pro team has the most Sooners on it.
3rd Fave: my Highschool

1/10/2012, 04:51 PM
I don't necessarily enjoy seeing LSU fans being sad. But when LSU loses, their fans are practically human! Still, I am very, very, very happy today knowing that I will not have to tolerate a year of rah-rah "National Champion LSU TIGERS" horse poo.Now, picture yourself working/living in Birmingham, and catching that same obnoxious stuff in stereo, since Auburn won the title last yr., and Bammer won it in '09.

tulsaoilerfan
1/10/2012, 05:03 PM
The reason OU claims the 1950 championship is because the final poll was before they lost to Kentucky; it was several years after that before the AP did their final vote after the bowl games so its legit

Bourbon St Sooner
1/10/2012, 05:15 PM
I don't necessarily enjoy seeing LSU fans being sad. But when LSU loses, their fans are practically human! Still, I am very, very, very happy today knowing that I will not have to tolerate a year of rah-rah "National Champion LSU TIGERS" horse poo.

Agreed. Even though the sun hasn't shone at all today, it's shone much brighter than yesterday. I can look at all of those lsu flags around the neighborhood (the ones that haven't been taken down) and have my heart warmed by thinking of Jordan Jefferson throwing another ball into the ground.

Now, at least we can all agree on one thing. Go Saints!

Tidefan36854
1/10/2012, 07:18 PM
We'll let ya'll keep sorting out how many Mythical National Championships we REALLY have, and we'll just keep winning them, DEAL? :excitement: ;)

1/10/2012, 08:07 PM
We'll let ya'll keep sorting out how many Mythical National Championships we REALLY have, and we'll just keep winning them, DEAL? :excitement: ;)Buh-bye