PDA

View Full Version : Official UA AA Game thread

cccasooner2
1/5/2012, 07:49 PM
Surpirsed not started already.

badger
1/5/2012, 07:53 PM
We don't have anyone we're holding our breath on in this game I don't think, so that's probably why.

cccasooner2
1/5/2012, 07:54 PM
3rd and 17 for a 70+ TD. LOL fire Someone.

85sooners
1/5/2012, 07:55 PM
:miserable:

badger
1/5/2012, 08:02 PM
I think it's funny that their first verbal announcement was to... East Carolina.

All the good players must be in the Army game. No wonder whorn is so well represented here :mack:

SoonerInFortSmith
1/5/2012, 08:20 PM
Second verbal was to Maryland. Hahahahaha

SoonerInFortSmith
1/5/2012, 08:22 PM
But according to their intro they have 72 of the top 150 in this game. And of the 16 positions they rank they have 13 number ones.

cccasooner2
1/5/2012, 08:39 PM
Harris with a nice tackle.

SoonerInFortSmith
1/5/2012, 08:43 PM
The Brewer kid (QB) that's committed to texass does not worry me. He is like a less athletic Ash or a taller little brother McCoy. Either way good for the Sooners.

SoonerInFortSmith
1/5/2012, 08:47 PM
And he is taking a beating!

boomersooner28
1/5/2012, 09:35 PM
I am calling the death penalty for Florida State in the next 3 years. They HAVE to be doing something illegal. They have like 20 studs in this game committed to them! I don't get it.

boomersooner28
1/5/2012, 09:38 PM
I am calling the death penalty for Florida State in the next 3 years. They HAVE to be doing something illegal. They have like 20 studs in this game committed to them! I don't get it.

Ok, maybe it's only 3 or 4 but it seems like a lot more. A QB and 2 or 3 stud defensive linemen.

LVSOONER15
1/5/2012, 09:40 PM
They are gonna be tough in a couple years. They have some talented players.

Boomer.....
1/5/2012, 09:52 PM
FSU has been getting some extremely high ranking classes the past few years. Hmmmmm....

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/5/2012, 10:00 PM
Whorn commit Jonathan Gray goes out of the game with a knee injury.

1/5/2012, 10:02 PM
OUr commit Sterling Shepherd catches a fairly short pass over the middle. Davante Harris, another OU commit is having a good camp and playing well in this game. He's a DB or LB, isn't he?

SoonerInFortSmith
1/5/2012, 10:05 PM
Cornerback

1/5/2012, 10:44 PM
Rut...Roh!!! The #1 safety in Highschool, from NOLA, just picked the Bammers over his home state school, Leslie State Univ.!!!

OMG!!!

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2012, 10:50 PM
Rut...Roh!!! The #1 safety in Highschool, from NOLA, just picked the Bammers over his home state school, Leslie State Univ.!!!

OMG!!!

I just saw that and the reaction of his mother and family was the most pathetic thing I've seen in a while. They acted like someone just died. Really? If football is *that* important to people in SEC country, I don't care if they win it all every year. Football decision over family - I'm still in shock!

1/5/2012, 11:53 PM
I just saw that and the reaction of his mother and family was the most pathetic thing I've seen in a while. They acted like someone just died. Really? If football is *that* important to people in SEC country, I don't care if they win it all every year. Football decision over family - I'm still in shock!I was just blown away by the absolute CHUTZPAH of the kid, to announce his blasphemous choice on National tv, AND have his mom there to make the show even MORE dramatic...THAT'S Entertainment.

freshchris05
1/5/2012, 11:56 PM
How would you feel if junior announced he was "taking his talents to Austin"?

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2012, 12:33 AM

Easy call. Junior >> OU or any other school. Family first - yes, even if junior picks Austin.

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2012, 12:44 AM
I was just blown away by the absolute CHUTZPAH of the kid, to announce his blasphemous choice on National tv, AND have his mom there to make the show even MORE dramatic...THAT'S Entertainment.

Can't deny it was entertaining and that ESPN reporter was egging it on. I had to rewind it and watch again to see all the families reaction. They were solemn the whole time, so they obviously knew already. But the idea that a mom isn't delighted that her son is getting a full college ride with a coach that can send him to the NFL if he has the right stuff is incredible to me. And all because of the color on the uniform? Just wow - I can't wrap my mind around it. And I have a college age youngin right now, so I know how I would feel.

Boomer.....
1/6/2012, 08:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4drWJwvVKE

SoonerInFortSmith
1/6/2012, 09:21 AM
500 vCash says he switches to LSU before signing day.

badger
1/6/2012, 09:45 AM

What I think plays a tiny bit of a factor here:

1- They are using ESPN rankings, not the other services.

2- And ESPN is broadcasting this game.

3- And this game is hosted in Orlando.

Those three factors lead me to think that Florida State has the upper hand in getting players in the game (because they're local), getting them higher rankings (because ESPN wants to brag about the players on the show they're broadcasting) and I'd take more stock in this if they were getting top recruits that weren't tied to an ESPN program.

Or if they actually won more with the recruits :D

:mad: Especially when it would have improved our non-conference strength of schedule :mad:

Same goes for ESPN ranking Texas recruits high... I know you guys have a lot of money wrapped up in Bevo TV, but either all of these players suddenly suck when they arrive in Austin, or your recruiting rankings SUCK.

sooneredaco
1/6/2012, 09:54 AM

I'd disown the little sh!t on live TV. I'd tell the little spoiled brat to consider himself a ba$tard because in my eyes he no longer has a father, so he better hope Mack is real daddy to him! But then again, what do I know, I don't have kids. I just hate orange

freshchris05
1/6/2012, 12:55 PM
Easy call. Junior >> OU or any other school. Family first - yes, even if junior picks Austin.
I didn't ask if you would support the bastard or not, I asked, "how would you feel?"

Of course you support your kids, who's gonna wipe your *** later? But that moment was real, and I'm right there. Don't think I wouldn't throw up one of these during the announcement. http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/texas-longhorn-logo-450x225.jpg

badger
1/6/2012, 01:25 PM

If there were a top AD-like recruit deciding between us and somebody, or a Terrelle Pryor-type whose recruiting was huge national news, I'd do a vBookie event on it... but this year's recruiting has been kind of meh for some reason.

Curly Bill
1/6/2012, 01:43 PM
If there were a top AD-like recruit deciding between us and somebody, or a Terrelle Pryor-type whose recruiting was huge national news, I'd do a vBookie event on it... but this year's recruiting has been kind of meh for some reason.

I think since we're seeing more and more early commitments, it's taken a lot of the suspense out of recruiting.

badger
1/6/2012, 01:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4drWJwvVKE

Stern talking-to for sonny after the game :D

Momma: How much did those Bammer boosters offer you.
Son: Alabama offered a full scholarship including tuition, books, room and board, as permitted under the rules of the NCAA.
Momma: HOW MUCH DID THE BOOSTERS OFFER YOU?!
Son: The car I'm driving you home in right now.
Momma: Foolish boy! Son, what about the home you're driving to?
Son: What about it? You got a promotion at work that included increased pay, benefits and housing.
Momma: STUPID CHILD! That was from LSU boosters on a condition of you playing for the Tigers!
Son: Well... I like the car better.
Momma: And where, exactly, am I supposed to work and live?
Son: ... Alabama?
Momma: :mad:

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2012, 02:12 PM
I didn't ask if you would support the bastard or not, I asked, "how would you feel?"

Of course you support your kids, who's gonna wipe your *** later? But that moment was real, and I'm right there. Don't think I wouldn't throw up one of these during the announcement.

Any weirdness of having to go to Austin to watch my kid play would be long gone by announcement time. I'd just be thrill life was presenting such incredible choices/opportunities. And since I would have been involved the whole time, I would know what tipped the scale. It would be celebration time, not time for a wake. About the only remorse I might feel about 2 great choices is if it meant the travel would make it difficult for me to visit my kid. My kid is in school about 5 hours drive away right now and I wish it was closer. I'll openly admit I'm not much of a fan if it is supposed to affect my wishes for my kid.

freshchris05
1/6/2012, 02:40 PM
Any weirdness of having to go to Austin to watch my kid play would be long gone by announcement time. I'd just be thrill life was presenting such incredible choices/opportunities. And since I would have been involved the whole time, I would know what tipped the scale. It would be celebration time, not time for a wake. About the only remorse I might feel about 2 great choices is if it meant the travel would make it difficult for me to visit my kid. My kid is in school about 5 hours drive away right now and I wish it was closer. I'll openly admit I'm not much of a fan if it is supposed to affect my wishes for my kid.

Calm down chief. I understanding supporting your kids that's fine I'm just saying that I don't see anything wrong with his mother's reaction. I'm sure she still supports him. You're acting like I'd be dis-owning the ****er.

Even if junior does decide to wear orange, I'm still wearing my crimson to the game, praying for a safe game and hoping he gets his *** kicked.

Sorry.

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2012, 03:01 PM
Calm down chief. I understanding supporting your kids that's fine I'm just saying that I don't see anything wrong with his mother's reaction. I'm sure she still supports him. You're acting like I'd be dis-owning the ****er.

Even if junior does decide to wear orange, I'm still wearing my crimson to the game, praying for a safe game and hoping he gets his *** kicked.

Sorry.

I'm calm as ever - just amazed. Like I said, I had to rewind and watch again just to believe it. Some things I just can't relate to. But hey, I had scholly* offers from both OU and OSU and my dad wanted me to go to OSU because he thought OU was the drug school (not talking pharmacy major here). I guess I disappointed him going to OU - never did find those drugs though.

*academic scholarships. With in-state tuition back then, only worth a few hundred dollars. I didn't bother with the multiple hats at the table ceremony when I decided :)

freshchris05
1/6/2012, 03:49 PM
I'm calm as ever - just amazed. Like I said, I had to rewind and watch again just to believe it. Some things I just can't relate to. But hey, I had scholly* offers from both OU and OSU and my dad wanted me to go to OSU because he thought OU was the drug school (not talking pharmacy major here). I guess I disappointed him going to OU - never did find those drugs though.

*academic scholarships. With in-state tuition back then, only worth a few hundred dollars. I didn't bother with the multiple hats at the table ceremony when I decided :)

You need help finding drugs in Norman?

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2012, 04:12 PM
You need help finding drugs in Norman?

That was a joke, I wasn't the drug type (maybe a little weed, but not enough to make the football team). I guess my dad was worried the drugs would find me. But he knew nothing about OU or OSU, he was just going on the stereotypes of the day.

badger
1/6/2012, 04:27 PM

I know it probably sounded like I was joking in my above post, but I honestly suspect recruiting shenanigans... it's the SEC after all.

stoopified
1/6/2012, 06:03 PM
How would you feel if junior announced he was "taking his talents to Austin"?If either of mt sons were to be recruited for college sports They NOW that if OU offers,they accept and under circumstances can they go to Austin orStoolwater.

Sabanball
1/6/2012, 06:54 PM

Don't hold your breath. LC lives with his father and step- mom, so "Momma" won't be in his ear 24/7 for the next month. Also, the girlfriend also has a scholly to attend Bama. Anything is possible, but I'd say this is very unlikely to happen.

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2012, 07:21 PM
Don't hold your breath. LC lives with his father and step- mom, so "Momma" won't be in his ear 24/7 for the next month. Also, the girlfriend also has a scholly to attend Bama. Anything is possible, but I'd say this is very unlikely to happen.

So come clean; what did you guys do to corrupt this poor bastage? All those cajun kids geaux to LSU if they get an offer. I'll bet voodoo was involved.

Sabanball
1/6/2012, 08:17 PM
So come clean; what did you guys do to corrupt this poor bastage? All those cajun kids geaux to LSU if they get an offer. I'll bet voodoo was involved.

I'll admit, with as good as LSU is doing right now and for Nick to go right into their backyard and steal the top 2 players out of that state this year in Landon Collins and Denzel Devall is quite a coup.

The way both LSU and Bama are recruiting I see the two of us continuing to dominate the SEC for yrs to come...the amount of talent that both programs are bringing in is absolutely sick.

SoonerInFortSmith
1/6/2012, 08:33 PM
You better watch out! Mizzou and A&M are coming to knock you all down a peg.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!